[ Balmung ] Late Night Sunny Bunny Seeks Long-term Tales!

spacer.png

Quiet, almost breathless humming eased through the quiet of the library accentuated every few heartbeats by the slither and tock of a book being slid home into its place on the shelves. Upon investigation, the source of the sounds was a viera of indeterminate age, but the vivaciousness in her movements and her countenance made her appear young and eager. Large, sky blue eyes scanned the shelves with a quick, knowledgeable air before making a small “aha!” sound and sliding another book home into its place on the shelf. Several books needing to be returned home sat on the table behind her. 

Long, honey blond hair framed her face, one hand sweeping it absently back as she picked up another book. However, as she did so, she took notice of the new arrival and gave a bright smile. “Oh, well, hello there! Is there something in particular I can help you with?”

Without waiting for an answer, she pirouetted with such fluid agility that bespoke of, perhaps, a previous life as a dancer. Another book slid home on the shelves as she awaited an answer. Picking up another book, she held it in her hands as she once again looked at the visitor with that enormously inquisitive gaze. “You seem like you’re looking for something.”

Notable Affiliations

These can be used as points of contact.

♦ Hyzenthlay is a librarian with the Cabinet of Curiosity in the Crystarium. 

♦ She's a known archaeologist and ruin explorer, a number of the pieces she's found on display in various places.

♦ A fair hand at tailoring and weaving, some may know her from her sensible clothing pieces upon various persons in the Crystarium.

♦ She possesses the Echo. Only to facilitate travel for her between Norvrandt and Eorzea; she's no epic hero and has no real control over such powers. Echo memories are ONLY at other players' discretion. For those who do not engage with Echo-enabled Characters, she's simply a far-traveler from Ilsabard.

What I'm Looking For...

Mostly just friendly folks to Roleplay with.  I'm not particular as to character race or background, though their interactions with Hyzenthlay and how she reacts to them will ultimately determine their fate.  I'm wholly an "organic" roleplayer; I've never liked the idea of scripted relationships or allegiances, rather letting them grow as they will based on what happens in roleplay.

Long-term, short-term, I'm perfectly content with whatever time a person has to donate.  I'm more than happy to play a bit part in plots and personal stories.  However, don't expect me to play a villain, that's not in Hyzenthlay's personality.  (Nor am I fond of playing the villain, because I'm bad at it.  )

What I'm NOT Looking For...

♦ Drama Llamas. I'm not looking for drama or people who can't keep Characters separate from Players.  What happens in roleplay is just roleplay; it has no regard or reflection on you or me as people behind the keyboard.  Please, keep that in mind. 

♦ Exclusivity. I don't expect to be anyone's sole source of RP and enjoyment, nor do I expect them to be mine. I enjoy having a robust friends list and being a social butterfly.

♦ Passive Roleplayers. If you're the kind of person that always has to be approached, has to be given stories to write, or has to be prompted constantly to RP, then I'm not the roleplayer for you. I enjoy active, engaging characters and players who have as much interest in creating the story as I do. 

These are all deal-breakers.  I don't have the time or energy these days to cope with people that can't respect these boundaries.  

I am OKAY with...

♦ In-character Conflict.  Again, see the IC=/=OOC caveat.  Just because my character doesn't like or get along with yours doesn't mean I dislike you on a personal level.

♦ In-character Dungeons/Questing.  I thoroughly enjoy mixing PVE and RP!  I like using all of the world instead of just the city or specific taverns

I'm NOT OKAY with...

♦ Roll-based Combat.  I find it boring.  I'm sorry!  That's just how I feel.  If I want to play roll-based combat, that's what my D&D nights are for.  

♦ Excessive gore, violence, sexuality, or horror.  I may be older in age, but these "mature" themes aren't something I enjoy roleplaying with any regularity.

If you have questions or would like to add me to your Friends List, please don't hesitate to contact me -- or leave your in-game contact below and I'll contact you!

About Me
♦ I’ve been roleplaying for almost 30 years now. I love discussing roleplay ideas and implementing them. I’m not worried about “spoilers” or ruining immersion by discussing and planning storylines OOC. Planning ensures that everyone has a chance to contribute ideas that are fun for *them* so everyone has a good experience.

♦ I tend to be patient with people of all roleplay styles and experiences. Just be courteous if you need to AFK mid-RP for an extended period or reschedule the scene.

♦ I am a 40+ year old woman with severe Rheumatoid Arthritis. This means I may need to cancel plans last-minute depending on my pain levels/fatigue or I may need to leave mid-scene. This is NOT an indicator of interest – or lack thereof – I have a disease that needs careful tending and I have to listen to the needs of my body before anything else.

From Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, I'm usually online from 8pm (Eastern) until whenever I decide to log out for the night.  I don't have a day job anymore, so I keep pretty strange hours.  The latter half of the week, I tend to do Real Lifey things (D&D and Hubby Date Night, woo!) so I can be pretty hit-or-miss since things come up spontaneously.

Availability & Contact Information

Timezone: GMT/UTC -5 or Central (US) Time.

I’m mostly available from 8pm to 8am, Sunday through Tuesday. Beyond that, my schedule gets pretty unpredictable and difficult to manage.By preference, I enjoy in-game RP, but if scheduling is an issue I don't mind using other methods of play like Discord or even Googledocs, whatever works best!

Discord: writerholic#1384
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rp_aficionado

Tumblr: https://roleplay-aficionado.tumblr.com/
Pillowfort:  https://www.pillowfort.social/roleplay-aficionado