Letters to a Sister

Sosuh, 

Sorry it's been so long since my last letter (long story), but I finally made it to Ul'dah. It feels like it took forever.  

The city is crowded, loud, and it smells like everything, all at once, all the time. I suppose it's exactly how we always imagined one would be, but there's so much of it, and it's always moving. Night or day, it's never still. Knowing her, it's no wonder Mother never brought us through one. 

And the godsdamned heat! Sometimes I can't tell if this is Eorzea or the seventh Hell itself. I honestly don't know how these people can stand it and I never thought I would miss the cold so much. How can a place get this hot without actually bursting into flames?

Sorry. I know I'm complaining a lot, but I do like it here, even if it's overwhelming in some ways. I can already hear Mother scolding me in my head ("You aren't a child, Talha. Nobody wants to hear you whinging about everything"). Although even she would have a thing or two to say about the dancers I've seen around the city, shaking their tails for drooling idiots. 

Tomorrow, I'll be heading for the Pugilists' Guild. Or I'll try to, anyway. Ul'dah looks like a circle on my map, but somehow I still keep getting lost. You're probably snickering right now, so just shut it and don't write back anything cheeky, or by the Matron's teats, I will travel back up there and throw my boot at your head, so help me Gods.

I love you and I miss you, by the way. All of you. Even Duhsa. But don't tell her I said that. 

I'll write again when I get the chance. 

- Talha 

PS - tell Mother I'm fine. She'd never say it, but you know she gets worried and starts to do that thing with her ears.

(Lil OOC note: I'm brand new to FFXIV and still familiarizing myself with the lore, specifically where it pertains to Keepers of the Moon, so that I can flesh out my character's background some. Forgive me if anything here contradicts any established lore we've learned about them. I'll get better, promise!) 

Edited by Talha Olobi