[Balmung/Crystal] Forgetful Viera seeks new friends, foes and contacts!

tl;dr - Addled Viera amnesiac with a magic (and very angry) book.

carrd - https://tiltingwindmill.carrd.co/

Timezone: UTC+1

Every now and then the occasional juicy morsel of gossip brings to light the continuing adventures of a dishevelled, clumsy Viera scuttling, shuffling and spinning her way through the settlements of Eorzea. A few further elaborate on the woman’s chronic forgetfulness, tattered red dress, quizzical nature and apparent fondness for games. Intermingled, several dubious and most often inebriated individuals swear to have overheard cursing, hissing and angry tirades from an old tome of all things.

Hooks

Wandering amnesiac - The vacuous Viera appears to have forgotten most of her own past and enjoys travelling Eorzea seeking new experiences, places and people to fill in the blanks. Not only to regain understanding but to find and piece together her old memories, mind jogged by familiar sensations. Largely rather rattled, the Viera proves frequently forgetful and prone to getting lost.

Affably inquisitive - The impressionable Viera has an insatiable hunger for learning, quizzical by nature, eager to question and comprehend people and make friends and acquaintances where she can.

Usual haunts - Fond of games of chance, dexterity and wit (though largely abysmal at all three) the clumsy Viera often finds herself drawn to the taverns and inns where she can indulge in or observe these. Libraries, bookshops, reading rooms and other places where tomes are in abundance similarly fascinate the Viera. Flower shops, gardens and other places with an abundance of flora and fauna similarly appear to bring her great joy. Not infrequently found on her way from one of the above in search of the next.

A need for coin - The impoverished Viera rarely appears to have much in the way of abundance when it comes to gil. Though not the most immediately employable sort, she occasionally regains enough lucidity to look for methods to acquire those shiny, shiny coins. After all, the books she craves are rarely free!

An inconspicuous-looking journal - Bound shut with a leather belt, a worn old journal accompanies the shuffling Viera wherever she goes. On occasion seen twitching of its own accord and on rarer occasions still, the tome can be overheard squawking all manner of insults and angrily flapping its yellowing pages. Those with the ability to sense or see aether may be able to spot that the book practically hums with magic.

What I can offer:

A 21+ player enthusiastic about roleplay, character development, interesting stories and plots with a willingness to improve/grow.

Versatility - I enjoy light-hearted and more serious roleplay and all manner of character relationships - friends, rivals, enemies, associates ect ect. IC conflict and struggle are as much the spice that keeps the metaphorical RP soup tasty as the good times are! I enjoy one-on-one roleplay and group roleplay both!

Activity - I'm quite active online and play FFXIV frequently and my hunger for roleplay is such that most days I feel up to it.

Communication - I am a relatively shy person OOCly, but I enjoy talking about and discussing rp and brainstorming, it can be a lot of fun!

What I would like:

Patience - I am new-ish to FFXIV rp (though not MMO RP in general) and will probably make some mistakes.

Honesty - If I am doing something wrong, I'd love to know what so I can improve, I can't be better without feedback!

IC ≠ OOC - Keeping IC, IC and OOC, OOC is important, my character is a fictional entity and not necessarily indicative of my own thoughts/opinions.

Understanding - I like having a variety of people to roleplay with and will not exclusively roleplay with you, nor do I expect you to exclusively roleplay with me.

UeXjEF2.png

Edited by Aqueluna