Hello all, a guy who's new to rping in ffxiv here

Anleifr

I've been playing the game for seven years and causing shenanigans via just fun outfits and making sure people have a good time, but with the current stall till endwalker and with some friends leaving the game due to work and other matters, I've ended up with little to do on it so I've decided to make an alt and work from there.  Currently the character is in Balmung and is already near the end of the heavensward content, but as for rp wise I've been more or less nervous on returning to it since the last time I was in anything roleplay wise was seven years ago, so I hope I can get help on how to get that up and running again when the time comes.

Are you me? I'm in the exact same boat, it's funny. I've been playing for about 4 years now, twiddling my thumbs while waiting for Endwalker and made an alt on Mateus that I've grown to love. I also used to RP, but it's been years. I need to work on her background a bit more now that I've learned more about the lore, but I've also been way too nervous to approach anyone, despite making a carrd and everything, haha. I'd love to also ask for advice.

I'm not entirely sure! Lately I've been trying to find places I'd like to RP but don't really have any scenarios I'd like to try, or anything like that. Thinking of hooks/scenarios sounds like a good place to start, though lol

My end it's mainly "I have an idea on what I want my character to be, but where should I end up starting at and how should I have his interactions as given his character" 

If anyone's up for grouping up later in game to figure it out though, then I'm all for it.

Edited by Anleifr

I completely recommend character questionnaires to help you flesh out your character! There's a lot of different ones you can find when you search for them. As for interactions, that's what I'm struggling with now. I'm hoping that as the FC I'm in gets a little more defined I'll have some chances to RP and keep figuring her out.

58 minutes ago, rambirdlings said:

I completely recommend character questionnaires to help you flesh out your character! There's a lot of different ones you can find when you search for them. As for interactions, that's what I'm struggling with now. I'm hoping that as the FC I'm in gets a little more defined I'll have some chances to RP and keep figuring her out.

I'll keep a mind on it, but the fact remains that it'll be hard to implement when I don't know exactly where to start on the situation or how to start on the matter.  As for the FC bit, a good deal of hope goes a long way by the end of things.

On 10/2/2021 at 10:42 PM, rambirdlings said:

ooo where can i find one of those?

On 10/4/2021 at 8:19 PM, SailorRoy said:

ooo where can i find one of those?

I just googled "character questionnaire," but "dnd character questions" brings up some good ones, too! I personally LOVE "The Mother of All Character Questionnaires" from roleplayingtips.com.