New To FFXIV RP; Questions relating to Magitek and Aetherology / Community feesability.

Greetings all,

I have decided to dip my toes into FFXIV RP finally after developing some sory of idea as to what I'd like to pursue as a character venture.

I originallly came from ESO RP which can be very particular at the best of times, but it seems here people aren't as "lore rigid." Also come from using paragraph roleplay so to speak.

I like following lore where possible usually but then some times I go a little too... "big brain mad scientist" so I do my research, ask my questions and try and fit my ideas into a bracket of feesablility.

Miqo'te Sage. (I took inspiration from Bill from Pokemon...) WIP concept.

A Hyur from Sharlayan; Aetherologist and Magitek enthusiast behind closed doors, created a machine which would allow glamours to be applied long term by the manipulation of corporeal aether. The resulting experiment rendered the effects for corporeal manipulation permanent, destroying the machine beyond repair rendering her in the form of a Miqo'te.

Magitek Augmented Nouliths:

Primary purpose: Healing

Secondary: Tests for a corporeal imaging device, the use of shields to project an image onto one self. Limited success, only effective if is alone in a radius of 3 yalms.

Other Hobbies/Interests: Mundane Magitek - Using Magitek to make like microwaves and gas stove ovens. (Looking through housing there is only old fire ovens, how feesable is this?)

---------------------------------------

I come wither these questions as there isnt any certain basis on what Magitek can and can't do and after some research into aether, has like two forms of it, physical manipulation of aether. I've also read up into peoples thoughts on shapeshifting and fantasias, how it is more of a glamour more than anything so I chose to try writing in the bounds of that. 

I don't know how well my idea will fly in public.

Spoiler

Honestly. What can't magitek explain considering Cid built a quantum computer to formulate the thesis for tempering.... I mean sounds like msot things could be made jsut with a LOT of power needed.

Edited by Bryleth Whyleth

There is plenty of lore out there.  I highly recommend looking into the alphascape, Bahamut, and warring triad raids.  Plenty of areas dealing with garlemald showcase magitek and its uses.  It should also be noted, the lore of ff is very wide and very deep.  I've met people that thought certain things were lore bending, only to run them through some side raid and suddenly they realized just how encompassing ff lore is.  I believe the only thing limiting glamour is the aether used to form the spell, which would affect the length at which it was applied.  Good news is, basic glamours are not too aether intensive, example the glamour chest where we use glamour prisms to change our gear appearance.

6 hours ago, Bryleth Whyleth said:

A Hyur from Sharlayan; Aetherologist and Magitek enthusiast behind closed doors, created a machine which would allow glamours to be applied long term by the manipulation of corporeal aether. The resulting experiment rendered the effects for corporeal manipulation permanent, destroying the machine beyond repair rendering her in the form of a Miqo'te.

This is the main thing.