100 Questions to Ask About Your Role-Playing Character

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

... This thing was a beast. "Oh, 100 questions? Pff, easy." Nope. NOPE.

"Oh, an interview? Of...of me? Truly? I mean—sure, yes, of course! Is it...sh-should I sit down? ...I should? All right..."

He took a seat at the table, glancing about with a bit of nervousness in his brow. Very occasionally, his right hand would twitch in his lap. Smiling to muster up confidence, his bright turquoise eyes looked back.

"Right. So. What is it..that you would like to ask me?"

1. What is your full name?

"Ah...Locke Rinannis."

2. Where and when were you born?

"I was born in a village named Oakbarrow, 25 cycles ago. It's...northeast of Gridania, towards the Xelphatol region."

3. Who are/were your parents?  (Know their names, occupations, personalities, etc.)

"My father is—er, was...Graeme Rinannis. He was a fisher by trade. A just, fair man who I greatly admired. My mother, Lillian Rinannis, was a seamstress before a sickness took the coordination of her hands many cycles ago. I don't recall ever seeing her depressed, even after."

4. Do you have any siblings?  What are/were they like?

"I have one... An older brother. Auric. I'm sorry, I would rather not speak of him more than I must, if that's all right..."

5. Where do you live now, and with whom?  Describe the place and the person/people.

"I live in a cottage in the Goblet. By myself... Oh. Unless you, uh, count my mammet, Olli."

6. What is your occupation?

"I am a self-employed mechanic. I repair things: chronometers, necklaces, magitek, mammets, items of that nature. Eventually I would like to...learn more about airship mechanics, but getting an apprenticeship at Highwind Skyways is harder than you might think."

7. Write a full physical description of yourself.  You might want to consider factors such as: height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, and any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks.

"Hah, nothing special. I'm just a Hyur. Uh, blond hair, blue-green eyes, fair skin... I think I'm pretty average as far as weight and height for a Midlander? A few small scars on my hands from work, but...that's, ah, that's it.

...Oh! I just wear...normal things, I guess. Tunics and slacks, I don't really think about it much. I've started wearing this turban to hide my haircut that the ladies at the Weaver's Guild gave me. Just until it grows out again..."

8. To which social class do you belong?

"When I first reached Ul'dah, I was...well, at the bottom. But not the very bottom, mind. I had a small job at the Coliseum that was just enough to afford a room at the Quicksand. But ah, then I started getting interested in repairing mammets for them, which led to an apprenticeship at the Goldsmith's Guild, and then I got picked up by the Free Wing Society...and it's all gone up from there. Now I have my own business, my own house, and I also help run the Society in the Black Shroud. So I think I'm...more fortunate than most."

9. Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses?

"Ah... W-well, I'm weak to aether. It can make me very ill if there's too much around me."

10. Are you right- or left-handed?

"I'm right-handed."

11. What does your voice sound like?

"I've been told that I'm soft-spoken. I don't raise my voice all that often, now that I think of it."

12. What words and/or phrases do you use very frequently?

"Ah, let me think... I suppose I do tend to say 'sir' to men and 'miss' to women, just out of habit. Perhaps others would be 'truly' and 'I'm sorry'? Hm..."

13. What do you have in your pockets?

"Here are...a few linkpearls, an apple candy, and this...vial.

... What's in it? Just ah, something for my condition. The aetheric weakness I mentioned earlier."

14. Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?

"My right arm has an embarrassing twitch sometimes. And those who know me are quite aware that I'm, erm...what did she call it? A wallflower? [chuckles] I suppose I do spend a lot of time in the background of things. And I've become very aware that I'm gullible and a little naive. ... I'm just an idealist, I suppose."

15. How would you describe your childhood in general?

"It was good. Hard at times, but good. My mother was inflicted with her illness when I turned...7, so I had to spend a lot of time at home to take care of her while my father and brother worked the rivers. Romi stayed with me and kept me company, and we spent many days reading and making our own small adventures."

16. What is your earliest memory?

"I remember going into the main room of our cottage and watching my mother sew. She would make the most beautiful, colorful quilts I've ever seen. Her face was so kind, and she ruffled my hair, kissed my forehead, and told me to go play outside."

17. How much schooling have you had?

"Not much, I'm afraid, aside from what Romi would teach me through her books. I never had an opportunity to go to school, and we couldn't afford private tutors. I did learn to read, and write, and some basic mathematics."

18. Did you enjoy school?

"I enjoyed learning, even if I didn't go to a school. Romi's books were filled with stories about the world. Geography, science, magic...I took in as much as I could, though I doubt I remember most of it by now."

19. Where did you learn most of your skills and other abilities?

"My skills with daggers were taught when I became a little older, around 13 cycles, I think. Oakbarrow...wasn't a safe place. It was plagued by voidsent attacks from a nearby rift, and I had to quickly learn to defend my home. When not taking care of my mother, I would scout with Romi or others and help fend off any attacks. As for my current skills as a mechanic, I've learned most of them since arriving in Ul'dah and participating in various apprenticeships. As well as tinkering on the side."

20. While growing up, did you have any role models?  If so, describe them.

"The closest role model I had was my father. He was a hard worker, understanding, kind... I've always wanted to show respect and be respectable, like he was."

21. While growing up, how did you get along with the other members of your family?

"My father was as good as he could be, though, ah, we are not all without faults. Still, there was no conflict between us. My mother, though she could do little on her own, was always grateful and kind to me. My brother, however... He was never content with the life we had, and we'd often ram heads...until the day he left, to pursue his own goals. I believe it was 4 cycles ago that he walked away."

22. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?

"[laughs] When I was very young, I wanted to be a pirate. You can blame Romi's books for that. But truly, I didn't know what I wanted to be. All I knew is that I wanted to help my family...somehow."

23. As a child, what were your favorite activities?

"Reading, playing pretend with Romi... Even back then, I used to tinker with little things and try to come up with new inventions that never worked. Perhaps that's where I first discovered my interest in mechanics."

24. As a child, what kinds of personality traits did you display?

"Romi says I was gullible. Ah, no, very gullible. I'd believe just about anything she told me. ...I'm not sure much has changed... Mm, anyroad, I think I was a good child. Or I tried to be. I wanted to help."

25. As a child, were you popular?  Who were your friends, and what were they like?

"There were a few children my age in Oakbarrow. I knew them very well when I was small, but when I had to start staying at home, I grew distant from them. I'd see them on occasion while running an errand, but it wasn't until we started fighting voidsent together that I spent any real time with them. So, ah, no...I suppose I wasn't any form of popular until a bit later in my life. There was Romi, of course, as quirky then as she is now. And then there was Elia, Nicholas, Ben...Payaja, Rosa... Sh-shall we move on to the next question?"

26. When and with whom was your first kiss?

"Oh. Um...w-well, my first kiss was with Rosa, the baker's daughter. It was nothing, really, we were both 15 and innocently curious. She pecked me on the lips when I wasn't paying attention."

27. Are you a virgin?  If not, when and with whom did you lose your virginity?

"I...ah...was. Until a few moons ago, with my...now-fiancée."

28. If you are a supernatural being (i.e. mage, werewolf, vampire), tell the story of how you became what you are or first learned of your own abilities.  If you are just a normal human, describe any influences in your past that led you to do the things you do today.

"My life now was based on necessity and circumstance. Maybe even some fate. I never planned to be a mechanic or to run a business, it simply unfolded in front of me as opportunities arose. I'm grateful to those who have approached me, they have been the biggest factors on my life."

29. What do you consider the most important event of your life so far?

"Leaving home. It's, uh...not the happiest event, but it's truly the most important. My whole world changed the moment I left.

30. Who has had the most influence on you?

"Probably Romi, due to the length of time we've known each other. She can be quite infectious."

31. What do you consider your greatest achievement?

"Starting my own business in Ul'dah. It was the boldest thing I've ever done."

32. What is your greatest regret?

"That I never made amends with my brother."

33. What is the most evil thing you have ever done?

"Ah... I don't know. That's a difficult question for me to answer, truly."

34. Do you have a criminal record of any kind?

"N-no, absolutely not. And I'm doing my best to keep it that way."

35. When was the time you were the most frightened?

"Oh... On the night my parents passed away."

36. What is the most embarrassing thing ever to happen to you?

"I get flustered quite easily... I'm not sure if I can think of one that is more embarrassing than all others."

37. If you could change one thing from your past, what would it be, and why?

"To be more aware of what had happened in Oakbarrow. If only I had been more careful, I could have prevented it. I...I had no way of knowing..."

38. What is your best memory?

"Perhaps because it's fresh on my mind...but my best memory is when I took Lili to the Burning Wall and...asked her to become my wife. I never thought I would do something like that, and it was made all the better...by her agreeing."

39. What is your worst memory?

"I believe that would also by the same as the time I was most frightened."

40. Are you basically optimistic or pessimistic?

"I try to be optimistic. Eorzea is dark enough as it is. Garleans, Primals, angry elementals, the Void... If I can bring a little hope to an otherwise dangerous world, I shall."

41. What is your greatest fear?

"Simply that my condition will...get the better of me."

42. What are your religious views?

"I worship the Twelve, though I feel more akin to Azeyma than all others."

43. What are your political views?

"Ah... I'm from a small town, where the biggest political game was who would be mayor that year. The complex matters of the city-states are...far beyond my thoughts."

44. What are your views on sex?

"It's uh... Still rather new to me how casual it seems to be, at least in Ul'dah. I'm of the mind that it is...well, it is a sharing of vulnerabilities with someone that you trust and love, to be done in private... But I understand if others do not share my views, and I will not judge them for it."

45. Are you able to kill?  Under what circumstances do you find killing to be acceptable or unacceptable?

"Monsters and voidsent, yes. Other people... Hm... If you had asked me that a few moons ago, I would have adamantly said 'no'. But recent events have shown me that perhaps I've...been too naive. If I must choose between the lives of those I love and the lives of those trying to harm them, I will choose to protect the ones I love. Every time."

46. In your opinion, what is the most evil thing any human being could do?

"That depends... Physically? To purposely murder an innocent.  But overall...nothing to me is more evil than betraying someone who loves and trusts you."

47. Do you believe in the existence of soul mates and/or true love?

"I'm afraid you're asking this to a man currently inflicted with lovesickness. [chuckles] But in truth, I believe everything happens for a reason, even with the falling ins and outs of love. However... I also believe that love is a choice. A promise. Not something dictated by the whims of fate."

48. What do you believe makes a successful life?

"Being at peace with yourself and those around you. Having people that care for you, and caring for them in return. The rest will fall into place, if you are motivated in your goals."

49. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings (i.e. do you hide your true self from others, and in what way)?

"I ah... I try to be as true as I can. But there are some things I do not wish to be known for."

50. Do you have any biases or prejudices?

"I don't believe so? I guess if I'm biased, it'd be toward the poor. I suppose I favor those whose hardships I've shared, though that's not a bad thing, is it? But as far as race or religion, no, absolutely not."

51. Is there anything you absolutely refuse to do under any circumstances?  Why do you refuse to do it?

"Anything in the interest of the Void or those who serve it. I will not see further suffering for its benefit."

52. Who or what, if anything, would you die for (or otherwise go to extremes for)?

"Those that I love. They mean more to me than anything I possess, even my own life."

53. In general, how do you treat others (politely, rudely, by keeping them at a distance, etc.)?  Does your treatment of them change depending on how well you know them, and if so, how?

"I've kept my distance for a long time... Politely, of course, I just...haven't let myself get too close. I've made a few friends though, and it's good to know that there are people I can be comfortable around. I'm not sure if my treatment changes, except that they make me feel a bit more confident."

54. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?

"Lili, my fiancée, has slowly shown me that I don't have to hide. And though I struggle and stammer, she has been there for me with gentle words and encouragments. I love her dearly, and there is no one more important than she."

55. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?

"Lili undoubtedly has my utmost respect and admiration...but Romi is highly esteemed in my eyes as well. There's never been a time where I could not depend on either of them, and I'm very grateful for that."

56. Who are your friends?  Do you have a best friend?  Describe these people.

"Romi has been my life-long best friend, and I whole-heartedly respect her. She is a strange little Lalafell...but once you learn her quirks, you'll find that she's...very dependable. There is also Lili, although...I sincerely sure hope she would be my best friend, seeing as we're to be wed. Aside from those two, there are a few others... Ah, though, I admit that I am bad at keeping in touch with them..."

57. Do you have a spouse or significant other?  If so, describe this person.

"Ah, yes, I'm engaged to Lilithium Altair. She's...the love of my life. I never knew how incomplete I was without her... Generous, compassionate, vivacious, understanding: I could speak for hours of her positive qualities, but I shall spare you of my sappy gushing."

58. Have you ever been in love?  If so, describe what happened.

"I don't believe my adolescent relationship with Rosa was love, though I do remember being fond of her. Ah...so...my first and only love has been for Lili. She pursued me, fought through the walls of politeness and distance I had built around my heart, and showed me that there was someone out there who cared. She has been the best thing to ever happen to me, and she deserves nothing less than my whole devotion."

59. What do you look for in a potential lover?

"I never intended to find a lover, truly, or to look for one. But I'm fond of people with kind hearts, wisdom, sincerity..."

60. How close are you to your family?

"I was very close, at least to my parents. I hadn't seen or heard from my older brother in quite some time, until...very recently. Ah...so, we aren't close anymore, no..."

61. Have you started your own family?  If so, describe them.  If not, do you want to?  Why or why not?

"Started, no... Not yet anyway, although Lili does have children of her own already. Possibly in the future? ...Maybe... It has been discussed..."

62. Who would you turn to if you were in desperate need of help?

"Hmm...I believe I could trust anyone in the Society for help. I trust Lili's judgment when it comes to members, and I've become quite close to many of them myself."

63. Do you trust anyone to protect you?  Who, and why?

"There are some things I can't be protected against...but I know many in the Society who are very capable of dealing with dangerous situations. I believe I could trust them to protect me, if I needed it..."

64. If you died or went missing, who would miss you?

"O-oh, uh... I'm sure Lili would, and Romi, perhaps Miss Miata... Uh... I'm just quiet and not very distinct, it's unlikely many others would notice..."

65. Who is the person you despise the most, and why?

"I don't despise anyone...even if I should. Ado's kidnapper ought to be hated by me, and yet...I more pity him. How does a mind become so twisted? Is it pleasure? Desperation? Hm... I want justice to be brought on him, and I wish him to stay far away from those I love. I do not despise him...but I would not show him mercy."

66. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?

"Avoid conflict. I don't like when things escalate..."

67. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?

"Not usually, unless I'm told to do so. I'm perfectly happy being the one who follows."

68. Do you like interacting with large groups of people?  Why or why not?

"Large groups fascinate me, and they're easier to get lost in... I enjoy watching, but...not interacting with them... They're overwhelming, and I turn into a uh...'wallflower'."

69. Do you care what others think of you?

"In truth, I don't think many think of me at all. At least, I don't expect them it. But do I care? ...Both yes and no. If someone is thinking badly of me, I'd like to work to fix that. But it doesn't drive my personal decisions...though I do seek out input from those I care about..."

70. What is/are your favorite hobbies and pastimes?

"Lately I've been far too busy for hobbies, what with my business, the Society, and spending time with my loved ones. I used to do quite a bit of reading, but now I spend most of my free time researching magitek and tinkering with inventions."

71. What is your most treasured possession?

"I...have little from my hometown. Just some clothes, and a large blue blanket... Is that a strange treasured possession? A blanket? Everything else I own is fairly new...but I've had that blanket all my life."

72. What is your favorite color?

"I'm quite fond of blue, but green and brown are also nice."

73. What is your favorite food?

"Romi makes the best fish stew...though I think it's because of the nostalgia that it's my favorite."

74. What, if anything, do you like to read?

"Oh, many things! Histories, biographies, fiction, whatever I happened to be researching at the time..."

75. What is your idea of good entertainment (consider music, movies, art, etc.)?

"Hmm... Good food and conversation with good friends. And someplace scenic."

76. Do you smoke, drink, or use drugs?  If so, why?  Do you want to quit?

"Ah, no...  I don't do any of those things. I've had a taste of alcohol now and then, but I like to keep my mind clear..."

77. How do you spend a typical Saturday night?

"Oh... Hmm, sometimes I like to go out and try to find someplace new. Ul'dah is busy city, full of interesting places, and there's also much of the Black Shroud I haven't seen yet."

78. What makes you laugh?

"Hmm, a good-natured joke, silliness, nervousness..."

79. What, if anything, shocks or offends you?

"I like to think that I don't get offended easily. Or I try not to, anyway. Unexpected things are shocking, but I can't think of anything specific."

80. What would you do if you had insomnia and had to find something to do to amuse yourself?

"Oh, I'd likely do what I always do when I can't sleep: start up the fireplace, put on some tea, get a good book, and read until dawn or until I fall sleep."

81. How do you deal with stress?

"Mm, I withdraw, unfortunately. Not from the cause of the stress, but from others. I've always preferred to deal with my problems alone, though I'm learning that isn't how it has to be..."

82. Are you spontaneous, or do you always need to have a plan?

"I always like to have a plan, but if spontaneous things happen along the way, I'm all right with that!"

83. What are your pet peeves?

"People who show disrespect to others. There's rarely a reason to be catty, aside from a poor attitude."

84. Describe the routine of a normal day for you.  How do you feel when this routine is disrupted?

"Mm, wake up, make tea and breakfast, set up my schedule for the day, get to work, take a break with some lunch and free time, do more work, make deliveries and pick-ups, work... ... I do work quite a bit, now that I think of it... But my routine is fairly lenient, and I often find myself away from my business to do other things."

85. What is your greatest strength as a person?

"U-uh... M-my uh... Hm... Work ethic? Ah..."

86. What is your greatest weakness?

"... Passivity. There are times when I should take charge and do more, but...I don't know why, but I choose to do nothing... I just stand there and let things happen, and then I regret..."

87. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

"Er, physically? My aetheric condition, without a doubt. Emotionally? Just...I'd like to be bolder, I suppose..."

88. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?

"Introverted."

89. Are you generally organized or messy?

"I try to take good care of and be orderly with what I have...though sometimes I lose track of things..."

90. Name three things you consider yourself to be very good at, and three things you consider yourself to be very bad at.

"Oh no. [chuckles] Let's see... Good things? Uh... Repairing mammets, tracking voidsent, and fighting with daggers...or so it says on the member listing at the Society, if I recall correctly...

Bad things? Mm... Botany, I'm terrible at that... You'd think I'd be decent at it, considering I lived in a forest all my life, but alas. Also, I'm very bad at all forms of magic, and apparently I'm not a very good jeweler, either..."

91. Do you like yourself?

"...Ah...well, sure? I-I mean, yes! Yes..."

92. What are your reasons for being an adventurer (or doing the strange and heroic things that RPG characters do)?  Are your real reasons for doing this different than the ones you tell people in public?  (If so, detail both sets of reasons…)

"I like to be helpful. I like knowing that I'm...doing good in the world. Things may not always be black and white, but if I can make things even a little better, that's enough for me."

93. What goal do you most want to accomplish in your lifetime?

"I hadn't thought that far ahead until very recently. I'd just like to find a cure for my condition, settle down with Lili, grow our businesses...raise a family... Ah, I-I suppose that's nothing grandiose, but that's all I want."

94. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

"... I'm not sure. Things don't always...go as planned. But if I had my way, I'd be living in the Mist with my lovely wife and children, sailing in our airship to far off places and coming back to two booming businesses!"

95. If you could choose, how would you want to die?

"Old age. [chuckles] I'd like a long and healthy life."

96. If you knew you were going to die in 24 hours, name three things you would do in the time you had left.

"Erm, this is all getting rather dark... I guess I'd...give all my profits to the Society, reminisce with friends and family, and then spend the remaining hours with my love..."

97. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?

"That I tried my best to be a good man. That I made at least a few people happy...uh..."

98. What three words best describe your personality?

"[mumbles] Oh, thank the Twelve, no more questions about my death...

Ah... Sincere, cooperative, and...uncertain, I suppose."

99. What three words would others probably use to describe you?

"Shy, hardworking, insecure... Depends on who you ask, really."

100. If you could, what advice would you, the player, give to your character?  (You might even want to speak as if he or she were sitting right here in front of you, and use proper tone so he or she might heed your advice…)

"Don't be so down on yourself, Locke. You might have a lot of ahead of you (and probably mostly hardships), but you've come a long way. And people think about you more than you realize, so don't you dare say that barely anyone notices or cares. Ignore any lies you might hear in your head, and do not let it stop you from being confident. People are depending on you, just like you've always wanted. Overcome this. I know you can."

100 QUESTIONS (I almost lost my soul doing this)

Part 1: The Basics 1.What is your full name? Eligor Abigor

2.Where and when were you born? A massive floating multi sectioned castle-city

3.Who are/were your parents? Father: Still secret Mother: Edilta Abigor, the Abigor(think chief or queen) of Eligor's progenitor people.

4.Do you have any siblings? Sister: Alinor Abigor, Eligor's older sister and current Abigor. Also somewhat psychotic.

5.Where do you live now, and with whom? In the Mists, with his three daughters.

6.What is your occupation? Varied, but best known for work as an assassin and armor maker. Somewhat known as an inventor of sorts(or rather figuring out how old technology works and using it to his advantage).

7.Write a full physical description of yourself. You might want to consider factors such as: height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, and any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks. Short, lightweight lalafell with Red hair. He keeps his eyes hidden at all times, dresses himself according to whatever he feels or is doing, has two red brands on his cheeks that look like tattoos(but are actually manifistations of his actual appearance suppressed), and a cracked crystal in his forehead. He also has naturally sharper than normal teeth. That is not to say he has nightmare fuel teeth, only that all of them end at one point or another(Imagine your teeth now, only pointy at the end. All of em)

8.To which social class do you belong? Is rather well paid, but prefers to only live as such when it suits his goals, instead putting his money into work, friends, and his daughters especially, as well as much of his personal research and "inventions".

9.Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses? While dulled, the crystal in his forehead is capable of causing him great pain if struck in one way or another. Large amounts of aether also have the side effect of making him ill, inexplicably appearing as cuts and bleeding.

10. Are you right- or left-handed? Ambidextrous.

11. What does your voice sound like? Either sweetly feminine or criminally insane depending on how you catch him.

12. What words and/or phrases do you use very frequently? Any sentence that ends in a question mark really. He is overly inquisitive.

13. What do you have in your pockets? If he is wearing anything with pockets at the time, then typically linkpearls and papers describing his latest mark. He keeps money and weapons tied to his person in pouches and with wires.

14. Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? He is wildly unpredictable at times, earning the suspicion of those around him more often than not. His capacity for ignoring morals and abhorrent actions tend to bother others as well.

Part 2: Growing Up

15. How would you describe your childhood in general? Awful.

16. What is your earliest memory? Getting screamed at by people for things he did not understand.

17. How much schooling have you had? He has no official schooling, either learning offhand from others or teaching himself later in life.

18. Did you enjoy school? See above.

19. Where did you learn most of your skills and other abilities? His skills with blades and other tools came from his best friend and teacher, her brutal teachings being responsible for the bulk of how he has been shaped today.

20. While growing up, did you have any role models? His sister, Crazy Dan, his teacher.

21. While growing up, how did you get along with the other members of your family? He got along wonderfully with his sister until the end of Thronefall. He never will meet his father as he died immediately after his birth, and his relationship with his mother is....was....hostile, at best.

22. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? Stronger

23. As a child, what were your favorite activities? Hiding

24. As a child, what kinds of personality traits did you display? Cowardly, clingy, ditzy

25. As a child, were you popular? Who were your friends, and what were they like? Noooooooope. His only friend for the longest time was his sister.

26. When and with whom was your first kiss? His sister(Before they knew they were related)

27. Are you a virgin? If not, when and with whom did you lose your virginity? Nope, that's all I will say there.

28. If you are a supernatural being (i.e. mage, werewolf, vampire), tell the story of how you became what you are or first learned of your own abilities. If you are just a normal human, describe any influences in your past that led you to do the things you do today. He was born to a clan of mages, but he still has yet to find out this fact, as he lostis memory. Other than his hereditary traits, he is more or less normal.

Part 3: Past Influences

29. What do you consider the most important event of your life so far? Too many to list

30. Who has had the most influence on you? His teacher, whom even after losing his memory has persisted in his mind, her teachings burned into his mind and body like melting metal on ice.

31. What do you consider your greatest achievement? Managing to stay alive in his day to day.

32. What is your greatest regret? Not being able to save the family that showed him kindness when he first crashed upon Eorzea, instead being an instrument of their doom.

33. What is the most evil thing you have ever done? Technically speaking, genocide of almost the entirety of his clan, including but not limited to both of his parents.

34. Do you have a criminal record of any kind? It would be safe to assume that's a yes.

35. When was the time you were the most frightened? When he was a child.

36. What is the most embarrassing thing ever to happen to you? A miqo'te vomiting on him in public while trying to hire her.

37. If you could change one thing from your past, what would it be, and why? He would always want to save all those he was too weak to protect.

38. What is your best memory? Umm.....get back to you on that. Sounds like something a dying person would answer honestly.

39. What is your worst memory? A memory so horrid he repressed the entire event.

Part 4: Beliefs And Opinions

40. Are you basically optimistic or pessimistic? Somewhere inbetween, but probably more optimistic than he lets on.

41. What is your greatest fear? Himself, unknown to others.

42. What are your religious views? He doesn't care.

43. What are your political views? He finds them necessary but absolutely loathes them, as it runs completely contradictory to his previous teachings of righteousness through overwhelming force and power.

44. What are your views on sex? His views on this are rather shaky. He does not have anything against it at all, he even studied it carefully. But to speak of, he is oblivious to the notion of sex in general. As he has little(remembered) sexual experience, he does not even fully understand when he is aroused, usually thinking it is something akin to anger or hunger.

45. Are you able to kill? Under what circumstances do you find killing to be acceptable or unacceptable? He is, and there is no circumstance where he finds it unacceptable, only extremely disagreeable. Due to his philosophies, he views death with a cold indifference unless he is directly emotionally involved, and even then he would not call it wrong.

46. In your opinion, what is the most evil thing any human being could do? For him, it would be lying without a true purpose. He hates how covered in lies the world is, again due to his views.

47. Do you believe in the existence of soul mates and/or true love? This concept is lost on him.

48. What do you believe makes a successful life? Power, unbending and unyielding.

49. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings (i.e. do you hide your true self from others, and in what way)? This varies greatly on whom he would be interacting with, and what he is trying to accomplish at the time. If he is serious however, he keeps people at arms length, but will not lie on his views if asked directly without good reason.

50. Do you have any biases or prejudices? He is biased towards those he cares about, wanting them to be pleased as much as possible.

51. Is there anything you absolutely refuse to do under any circumstances? Why do you refuse to do it? He would never lie without a reason, the same with killing. That is not to say the reasons have to be grand or even excusable, but they have to exist as a minimum.

52. Who or what, if anything, would you die for (or otherwise go to extremes for)? Those he cares for, or believes he is responsible for.

Part 5: Relationships With Others

53. In general, how do you treat others (politely, rudely, by keeping them at a distance, etc.)? Does your treatment of them change depending on how well you know them, and if so, how? Varied. If you get to know him then how he treats you personally will become more consistent, but you could fall anywhere on the spectrum truly.

54. Who is the most important person in your life, and why? Ruruni Runi. He fell in love with her, but even after sabotaging his relationship with her to keep her at arms length, he has placed her on a pedestal of sorts, wanting her desires to come true while making her believe that he doesn't care one way or the other, his frustration slowly mounting and becoming more apparent as he interacts with her.

55. Who is the person you respect the most, and why? His teacher, she is literally the strongest person or occurrence he believes he has ever seen, a perfect living example of the goal he needs to reach before he can change the world as he pleases.

56. Who are your friends? Do you have a best friend? He has a lot of friends worthy of mention, but whether or not they actually view him as a friend in return is the true question.

57. Do you have a spouse or significant other? Nope

58. Have you ever been in love? Yes. One died, the other he pushed away.

59. What do you look for in a potential lover? Qualities he does not or will not see in himself, as well as honesty. Looks help too.

60. How close are you to your family? Uh.....he is very close to his adopted family, absolutely not so with his biological family.

61. Have you started your own family? Yes. He unintentionally adopted a highlander girl by the name of Pheria. She then took it upon herself to adopt two more daughters for him, an Elezen named Bonslette and a Miqo'te named P'lami.

62. Who would you turn to if you were in desperate need of help? Depends on what kind of help he needs.

63. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why? Truly, he does not, but he does employ bodyguards. Most notable among them is Banryu Minamoto.

64. If you died or went missing, who would miss you? His daughters. Pheria searched for him for years after he disappeared, refusing to believe he perished with no trace or carnage in his wake.

65. Who is the person you despise the most, and why? Himself for his spells where he loses control of himself, waking later to the disorienting destruction and rejection of those who were subjected to it.

66. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict? Depends on the subject matter and those that would be affected.

67. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations? Sometimes, albeit unintentionally. He prefers to listen, given the chance.

68. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not? He is fine with both, but if being personal he prefers smaller groups. In business, he tends to prefer groups.

69. Do you care what others think of you? Very few.

Part 6: Likes And Dislikes

70. What is/are your favorite hobbies and pastimes? Singing to himself and making new tools, as well as reading and learning.

71. What is your most treasured possession? A red pair of goggles his teacher wore before him, being told to don them to cover his eyes.

72. What is your favorite color? None

73. What is your favorite food? None, but he is partial to meat.

74. What, if anything, do you like to read? Anything that teaches him anything he does not know, specifically advances in technology.

75. What is your idea of good entertainment? Fighting or observing others.

76. Do you smoke, drink, or use drugs? If so, why? Do you want to quit? He technically smokes, in a sense. But other than that, no.

77. How do you spend a typical Saturday night? wat

78. What makes you laugh? Varied

79. What, if anything, shocks or offends you? Meaningless lies, varied.

80. What would you do if you had insomnia and had to find something to do to amuse yourself? Sing or train.

81. How do you deal with stress? Usually getting rid of the cause of said stress.

82. Are you spontaneous, or do you always need to have a plan? Mixed bag here.

83. What are your pet peeves? He cannot stand having opinions imposed on him without his consent, concerning himself.

Part 7: Self Images And Etc.

84. Describe the routine of a normal day for you. How do you feel when this routine is disrupted? NOPE

85. What is your greatest strength as a person? His mind is certainly the most powerful thing at his disposal, potentially becoming someones worst enemy and anothers greatest asset.

86. What is your greatest weakness? His emotions can literally destroy him, and he has little control of them once he actually begins to acknowledge them.

87. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? He would make himself stronger.

88. Are you generally introverted or extroverted? Again, mixed bag here.

89. Are you generally organized or messy? Messy to a legendary degree unless doing an assassination, at which point he becomes disturbingly pinpoint.

90. Name three things you consider yourself to be very good at, and three things you consider yourself to be very bad at. (good)1. Killing. 2. Creating things. 3. Manipulating things. (bad)1. maintaining working relationships. 2. Archery 3. Controlling his anger.

91. Do you like yourself? Yes and no. He fears himself, and despises himself, but accepts himself as well.

92. What are your reasons for being an adventurer (or doing the strange and heroic things that RPG characters do)? Are your real reasons for doing this different than the ones you tell people in public? (If so, detail both sets of reasons…) He is not an adventurer as he believes they are mostly fools, but he hardly ever has given reason for the things he does beyond he was told to.

93. What goal do you most want to accomplish in your lifetime? A truly free world where lies are unnecessary.

94. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Still hungering for more power.

95. If you could choose, how would you want to die? Topped in battle by one who could kill him after reaching the absolute limit of his potential, if he could ever find it. If not, then he would prefer to die alone, forgotten.

96. If you knew you were going to die in 24 hours, name three things you would do in the time you had left. Make sure his daughters had all of his money and that they would be as safe as possible.

97. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death? Being cute.

98. What three words best describe your personality? Addled brained genius?

99. What three words would others probably use to describe you? Psychotic tiny monster.

100. If you could, what advice would you, the player, give to your character? Dood, stop, take a breath, calm dafuq down, and stop selling yourself so damn short. No pun intended. Also, try depending on people instead of just putting up the illusion of doing so. For a smart guy, youre a dumbass. Finally.....please let me pick you up and twirl you. Please? I'll seriously pay.

• 1 month later...

Part 1: The Basics

1.What is your full name?

"Hawu Jinjahl, at your service."

2.Where and when were you born?

Honeyed leers narrowed as the miqo'te's plush tiers curled into a deft grin. "North Shroud, probably in some ditch on a rainy day. A smelly place? But it was the seventh Sun of the first Astral Moon, twenty-three years ago."

3.Who are/were your parents?  (Know their names, occupations, personalities, etc.)

Large eyes roll in their sockets, a dainty hand waving off the question with a sneer. "Unimportant folk. Mother was a lowly huntress, one Yuma Jinjahl, and papa was just a wandering whoreson, Jirha'li...Mother never spoke his clans' name, perhaps I was a foul child to my name?" Many titters.

4.Do you have any siblings?  What are/were they like?

"Two sisters, one brother. Tradition following brats, really....I do not care about them, next question."

5.Where do you live now, and with whom?  Describe the place and the person/people.

"I take up residence in various inn rooms, I haven't really considered settling anywhere. I prefer it this way."

6.What is your occupation?

"I do a lot of things, mostly just discussing business and making it easy to facilitate it, and I do study aether and Eorzean history on the side."

7.Write a full physical description of yourself.  You might want to consider factors such as: height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, and any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks.

Hawu straightens, folding her hands in her lap and looking off to the side in a dismissive manner. "Well, I am sitting right before you...but, if you really are going to pry... I am a non-traditional Keeper of the Moon Miqo'te woman standing at five fulms and one ilm, weighing in at a grand total of one-hundred and six ponzs. I would say I am pretty small, but I've been told I am a very pretty woman despite my personality. My hair is well-kept and just as silky as my tail-which is a bit too long if you ask me-and a rosy-lavender color. My eyes are framed by long lashes and are as gold as freshly minted gil. I obviously have fangs, and my lips are pretty supple...I think. Ah, I have a beauty mark beneath my right eye, and I like to wear lip glosses and soft eye shadows. My clothes are all very well made and expensive, I don't skimp on good fabric and jewelry. I am not afraid to show my skin either, modesty is for fools. I also prefer comfortable clothes, dalmaticas and chausses are great for traveling if you ask me."

8.To which social class do you belong?

"I am very wealthy, but I've earned it myself. I would say I am in the upper class, but then again I don't care about that as long as I have my comforts."

9.Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses?

"My health is not very good, I have colds often and I do get tired easily, but it isn't anything very serious if you ask me."

"Right-handed, but I can write with my left-hand as well, can't do much else with it."

"I've been told it is very smooth and sultry, calm. Soft? Pleasant..maybe?"

"I do not think I have any sort of frequent speech patterns...But, I could be wrong."

"I haven't any pockets, but I do have a pouch of gil somewhere on my person. Where that is, is none of your business."

14. Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?

Clearing her throat, the woman huffed a deep sigh before offering another disarming smile. "I close my tail in doors and wander too much. I know I do tend to babble when asked about my scholarly studies and it can be a bit incessant. Mmm, I love gil. I love the smell, I love the sound, the color, I love everything about money and I will do anything within reason for the sake of wealth. I will not speak to any one of my clansmen, if that hasn't been made obvious yet. I often avoid the Shroud and Gridania like it is plagued, but I do go there from time to time, I suppose. I cannot seem to settle anywhere, and I am a bit selfish and vain....and lazy."

Sneering. "Vile, pointless and filled with disagreements and yelling...Dirty. Boring."

"Mother skinning a marmot. It was disgusting."

"I taught myself before I ran away, but after I ran I amassed a great amount of knowledge. It was not necessarily school, but life itself and word of mouth. I pride myself on being well learned now because of the folks I have crossed."

"I adore learning, but the way I learned a lot of things was a bit unorthodox. Alas, I will have to say no."

"Well, if we are talking arcanima, I learned it from a rather eccentric man from Mealvaan's Gate in Limsa Lominsa, and everything I know about merchant practices and talking, I learned on the road and in Ul'dah. I actually am close with the Vintners in Easter La Noscea, as I used to live and work  up  in Wineport or a bit. I've learned from all sorts of folk really."

"Well, we all lived relatively close to Gridania, and I would try to go there as often as possible and I always admired the merchants from Ul'dah and I really enjoyed seeing the foreigners and travelers. Though, I never really admired just one person, more like a group of several individuals, but they are not important any longer, I would say."

21. While growing up, how did you get along with the other members of your family?

"Horribly. I was an outsider, the Matriarchs only wanted to use me as a baby machine, I think. It was an entirely unpleasant experience...those days."

"A merchant. Someone who didn't dwell like a dim-witted animal in a tribe....Anything but that."

"Bathing, brushing my hair, dressing up, talking to individuals outside of the clan and exploring. Traveling to and from Gridania was always my favorite thing to do."

"I was quiet, I believe...but I was definitely the different one out of the other children. I hated being dirty as I do still, and I loved to learn whenever I could. I was even shy, believe it or not."

25. As a child, were you popular?  Who were your friends, and what were they like?

"Heavens no!" The woman let out a bout of delicate laughter. "I was weak and I could not hunt well, no one in my family liked me very much! The only friend I made as a child was an Ul'dahn Lalafell who took pity upon my situation, and even then it was not a friendship, I am pretty sure they wanted to sell me into slavery."

"I was six and he was eight, and he was a rather silly Elezen boy from Gridania. We went behind the woodworkers' guild and shared a kiss, but we were discovered by a hearer and to endure a crude scolding."

The woman snickered to herself, shaking her head with a joyous expression. "Of course not, anyone my age that is a virgin is either stupid, or too ugly to catch a partner nowadays. I lost my virginity just after I came of age, slept with a Hyur and romanced the poor sod to sit in his caravan for free and then dropped him as soon as I emptied his coinpurse, then made my way to La Noscea. ...Lots of things happened, and I cannot say I am very proud of them, but I will admit to having my fun and I still do. I am no loose woman, and I can say that with confidence." A loose woman is a hoe, basically, for those who think it's a dirty joke.

28. If you are a supernatural being (i.e. mage, werewolf, vampire), tell the story of how you became what you are or first learned of your own abilities.  If you are just a normal human, describe any influences in your past that led you to do the things you do today.

"The overall actions of my family as well as the concept of tradition brought me to where I am today. I am a progressive individual and I will not stand for those who wish to remain in the dark ages as silly little tribesmen and obsessive fanatics for religion and old grudges. The merchants coming through the Jinjahl territory as well as in the merchant stalls in Gridania are what made up my mind."

"The day the matriarchs forced me into a room with a Keeper male who I was to have sex with and have his kits I vehemently told him to go fuck himself and quite literally climbed out of a window and ran until I could not any longer. I lost my virginity the same day. In essence, that was the day I lost all of my innocence and threw away my purity, it was the beginning of my life."

"The merchant community, powerful men and women in society. I wanted to be like them, and now I am."

"Going from sleeping behind the kitchens in Wineport to being a pampered gentlewoman. All of the things in between, really. I clawed my way to where I am now, blood, sweat and tears, and I would do it all again, hardships and all."

"Not spitting on my mother when I left."

Another smile blanketed her features, her hooded gaze shimmering with something that didn't quite make sense. "I have done many things, but I wouldn't consider them evil, per se. I survive."

"Not that anyone is aware of." Another smile.

"I ran out of aetheric power to cast when a Seeker man suddenly came upon me." Looking off to the side, the woman seemed to pale more than she already was. "In order to escape being raped, I ...I beat him to death with my grimoire. It was...messy and I hate remembering it. Such things haunt me to this day."

"I don't know, actually. Things don't really embarrass me, though I do suppose I feel a bit silly when I close  my tail in doors, I just tend to make fun of any mishaps myself, so it never bothers me all that much."

"My birth, I wish I had been born elsewhere, to a different mother and father, preferably rich and wealthy folk, my childhood is the most disappointing thing about myself...to me, anyway."

"My first trip around La Noscea, such a gorgeous place."

"The grimoire mishap."

"I am an optimist...but I am not a fool."

"...Well, m-morbols."

"I do not have any, I think it silly."

"Do as you do. I will always go the way that keeps me making money and enjoying myself."

"I love good sex, it is fun. Though it is not to be had willy nilly or to obsess over. Sex, is sex. It is not dirty, it is not foul or to be frowned upon. Do not force it on others and do not have it if you do not understand the principle of 'treat others as you wish to be treated'...do not just take, fools." A titter escaped the lady's mouth, her cheeks coloring a tad.

45. Are you able to kill?  Under what circumstances do you find killing to be acceptable or unacceptable?

"Yes, and I will not answer that."

"Rape."

"Yes, I suppose. Though I have not found anyone I fancy in that regard. I just love couples, though."

"Being happy with yourself...and rich."

49. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings (i.e. do you hide your true self from others, and in what way)?

"I am precariously open, though I often do things I do not mean to get what I want. It is all a matter of asking...if you do not ask, I will not tell you what I feel for you, which is most likely nothing. People are very disposable, only a select few have moved me enough for me to adore them."

"People who depend on tradition are fools. Do not hinder society with your idiotic idealizations. Honor is one thing, stupidity is another. Racism is foolish, though I do tend to think that all Roegadyn folk are much stronger than they really are, so I do overestimate them at times. Do not think me foul, I love them all, such hearty individuals, all of them seem to  have so much character. I...I do not believe poor people deserve help, they are poor because they let themselves be, working is a necessity."

51. Is there anything you absolutely refuse to do under any circumstances?  Why do you refuse to do it?

"Well, there is a long list. I would never crawl into a morbol den, or admit my activity to lawful folk. ...Mmm, I suppose I do not like the idea of sleeping with folks willy nilly, and I do abhor the thought of hard manual labor for myself. I suppose I would do such things if absolutely necessary...Mmm...This question was pointless. Move on."

52. Who or what, if anything, would you die for (or otherwise go to extremes for)?

"Gil. The sake of pleasure, and ...and I suppose my companions that I have come to love and care for."

53. In general, how do you treat others (politely, rudely, by keeping them at a distance, etc.)?  Does your treatment of them change depending on how well you know them, and if so, how?

"I treat everyone the same until they do something that makes them worthy, or unworthy of such treatment. Politely, yet not genuinely close. If a person is close to me, I will definitely be more loving towards them, they deserve my company and I deserve theirs, I believe. Such folks that I have find undeserving however...I suppose they do not deserve good treatment from anybody."

"Myself. Me. What a silly question, why would someone not call themselves the most important? If you are not the most important, then you obviously do not care enough for yourself to care for others."

The woman pauses for a moment, finger tapping at her cheek as if she were in deep thought. After a good moment, her lips twist into a grimace as words spill forth from her tiers. "Stupid people, for still being alive even though they are horrifically impaired."

"Many folk. Three of them, and I will not describe them. My descriptions would be unworthy of their greatness."

"No, but I think I would like to have one of those should I meet someone who I love in return."

58. Have you ever been in love?  If so, describe what happened.

"No, I have never even felt affection for anyone, I think. I would love to, but no one has really stricken me like that."

"A nice face and body, intellect, I suppose I would like for him to be as wealthy as I am, if not more. I want him to be madly in love with me, and I want to be madly in love with him.  He should be worldly and ..definitely not shy. I think I would like for him to be pleasant and happy with himself, loving himself is the most important thing, definitely."

"I do not care about them and if they were all to die a bell from now I would not bat an eyelash."

61. Have you started your own family?  If so, describe them.  If not, do you want to?  Why or why not?

"No, and no. I hate the thought of having children, and when and if I get a lover or husband of my own, I wish to enjoy my life to the fullest with them, travel, play, fool about, enjoyment. I want to grow old with one person, that is all I desire out of a relationship....I also dislike children."

"My dear ones, and if none of them are around, the nearest object I can use."

"My charges, specifically a Seawolf. He goes many places with me and does a lot of my dirty work, lovely man, that one." He is an NPC of my own creation Hawu absolutely adores on a platonic level.

"Hopefully my dear ones, all of my friends, but I would not expect it out of anyone to miss me, it is unnecessary."

"I haven't met anyone worthy of my despising them, if I do, I will kill them."

"I do not argue. I do not have the time for such petty things."

"I can, but I do enjoy watching. Leading is easy so long as you can act as if you have empathy."

"Yes, I adore it. It is fun to be social and loud, though I would rather  be with a few good friends rather than a whole bar of strangers at times, as anyone would."

"Only if I care about them, or need something out of them."

"I collect flowers and press them, I have many books of the blooms. Ah, how I wish I had the time to garden... I enjoy people watching and good conversation. Dancing and tomfoolery has always been great fun as well as traveling. I absolutely adore shopping, really...ahem. Reading, learning."

"Mmmm, my pressed flower collection. I believe I would weep for weeks should something happen to it."

"I enjoy passionate reds, though I quite enjoy softer colors...I could never just pick one."

"Rolanberry cheesecake with triple cream coffee."

"Anything and everything, really. I love to read."

75. What is your idea of good entertainment (consider music, movies, art, etc.)?

"People of all walks of life, conversation. I adore good music and dancing, but I do believe I also enjoy watching folk who are passionate about their craft actually work, no matter what it is."

"I do drink socially, nothing else really. I don't find it to be a vice. Alcohol goes so well with tea afterall."

"What is a Saturday night?"

"Hearty folk, dirty jokes...clumsy people. Silly questions and stupid people. Many, many things make me laugh, and I do love to laugh."

"I suppose I don't quite like the idea of folks making the assumption that I am friends with them after I act kind to them. I also abhor the thought of having my tail pulled."

80. What would you do if you had insomnia and had to find something to do to amuse yourself?

"Read, go for a stroll, work."

"I do not really get stressed all that much, but when I do, I tend to call upon a friend or write to them about my troubles, or take walks."

"It depends on the situation, really."

"Wealthy folk that are stupid. Loose women who believe they have worth, sensitive folk. Dramatic fools. ...Idiots who get pregnant, their children will be idiots as well. Getting dirty. People who are full of themselves."

84. Describe the routine of a normal day for you.  How do you feel when this routine is disrupted?

"Heavens...I do not have a routine, I do whatever needs to be done and find time to play as needed. My life has no routine."

"I am persuasive. Talking, diplomacy, perception."

"Probably money, my greed. My hedonistic ways, and yet I love them."

"I would like to be better at everything I already do well. Maximize my profit."

"Definitely extroverted."

"In the middle, really. Though I prefer being organized."

90. Name three things you consider yourself to be very good at, and three things you consider yourself to be very bad at.

"People, alchemy, and running quickly...and I am bad at holding my tongue when my studies are involved, lifting heavy things, and functioning well in the morning."

"Yes, I love myself."

92. What are your reasons for being an adventurer (or doing the strange and heroic things that RPG characters do)?  Are your real reasons for doing this different than the ones you tell people in public?  (If so, detail both sets of reasons…)

Hawu is not an adventurer, so N/A

"I suppose I would like to be able to settle down someday, with someone I love, but then again I don't really care about it. I do not have a lifetime goal, I go wherever life takes me."

"In the lap of luxury, possibly with a lover. Maybe out of Eorzea? I don't really know, as I had said I go wherever life takes me."

"I think I would like to go out like a whisper. Painlessly, quietly. Though, that probably will not happen."

96. If you knew you were going to die in 24 hours, name three things you would do in the time you had left.

"I would say goodbye to my dear ones, hide my funds where no one would ever find them, and party until I could no longer."

97. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?

"Loving myself...loving others, being fun, enjoyable company, but I would like to only be remembered by my dear ones, no one else matters."

"Ambitious, passionate, confident."

"Charming, crafty, silver-tongued."

100. If you could, what advice would you, the player, give to your character?  (You might even want to speak as if he or she were sitting right here in front of you, and use proper tone so he or she might heed your advice…)

Well, Hawu...Keep on trucking, learn to be a little less crude. I think you should either continue your studies or go all into merchantile practices, but that's just my opinion. Keep being yourself, don't ever hate yourself and remember to hold your tongue around those big scary people you don't have any business making angry, babe.

• 2 weeks later...

1.What is your full name? E'jusana Fhuz

2.Where and when were you born? South Shroud, 24 years ago.

3.Who are/were your parents? (Know their names, occupations, personalities, etc.) Leaving it open for now but the ideas I have is that our small tribe has already set aside old traditions and having our nuhn be more like a chief and ruler of our tribe with several of the older tribal members being his counsel. The next up and coming nuhn would have to prove both his strength and wisdom before ruling the tribe. Her father was the nuhn for most of her life and taught Ana how to hunt and track. Her mother had a love for every living thing which is where Ana got her love for gardening and caring for her precious plants.

4.Do you have any siblings? What are/were they like? Again, leaving it open, I'd like to find a player who would like to RP my younger sister or another sibling but she at least has 1 younger sister.

5.Where do you live now, and with whom? Describe the place and the person/people. She lives and works at the Midnight Moogle

6.What is your occupation? Head waitress and huntress for hire

7.Write a full physical description of yourself. Ana is on the smaller size for a Miqo'te, normal weight. Her eyes are light green and hair a pixi cut mahogany red, with the front longer that sway in the wind or when she walks and are gathered into two bronze clasps.

8.To which social class do you belong? Middle class

9.Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses? None

10. Are you right- or left-handed? Right

11. What does your voice sound like? Her voice is mid-ranged to soprano

12. What words and/or phrases do you use very frequently? --

13. What do you have in your pockets? Pockets? She doesn't have pockets but usually carried a pouch with her that contains a knife, feathers to replace damaged ones on her arrows, stray seeds, and plant clippings.

14. Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? Very protective of her garden.

15. How would you describe your childhood in general? Normal, grew up as any child raised by both parents. She and her younger sister always butted heads, she dated, and worked to help the tribe until she decided she wanted to see more than just the Shroud. She got her hands on an airship ticket and went where ever it took her.

16. What is your earliest memory? Digging in her mother's garden and helping her pick fragrant belladonna flowers.

17. How much schooling have you had? She can read and write but the school was just a local Gridanian who offered to teach the children in the surrounding tribes. She learned her trades from her parents.

18. Did you enjoy school? She didn't like or dislike school. She got into tumbles, and was a bit tom-cat-ish (still is) she tended to pick fights with other children who picked on others and tried to defend the weak.

19. Where did you learn most of your skills and other abilities? She learned about flora from her mother and fauna from her father. She is trying to teach herself to play the lute. She has a very beautiful singing voice she was born with.

20. While growing up, did you have any role models? She looked up to her father's strength and mother's compassion. There was a traveling bard that came through the Shroud and stopped my her village when she was 12. The woman amazed little Ana and made her want to secretly learn the lute and practice writing songs. She was a little embarrassed she wanted to sing and play since the tribe members did not appear to be kind to the bard.

21. While growing up, how did you get along with the other members of your family? She didn't get along with her sister and they would get into spats often but no one but Ana could pick on her sister and would go to her sister's aide if ever needed.

22. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? Traveling songstress.

23. As a child, what were your favorite activities? She loved tracking animals and growing plants.

24. As a child, what kinds of personality traits did you display? Strong and tough, very boy-ish. She was her father's boy he never had.

25. As a child, were you popular? Who were your friends, and what were they like? Everyone loved Ana. She was very lovable and always helped those in need.

26. When and with whom was your first kiss? A young male Miqo'te named E'suhki whom she thought she was in love with at the old age of 15.

27. Are you a virgin? No, she had been seeing an Elezen man named Nyir. She started dating him when she was 21 and was dating him until things got too serious for her and she broke up with him then bolted to Limsa needing to "see the world and find herself"

28. If you are a supernatural being (i.e. mage, werewolf, vampire), tell the story of how you became what you are or first learned of your own abilities. If you are just a normal human, describe any influences in your past that led you to do the things you do today. Her family and the bard has led her to leave home and spread her wings.

29. What do you consider the most important event of your life so far? Leaving the only home she's ever known.

30. Who has had the most influence on you? Parents

31. What do you consider your greatest achievement? When she bagged her very own Ziz by herself showing her whole village that she is a true huntress.

32. What is your greatest regret? Her greatest regret is

45. Are you able to kill? Under what circumstances do you find killing to be acceptable or unacceptable?

51. Is there anything you absolutely refuse to do under any circumstances? Why do you refuse to do it?

53. In general, how do you treat others (politely, rudely, by keeping them at a distance, etc.)? Does your treatment of them change depending on how well you know them, and if so, how?

56. Who are your friends? Do you have a best friend? Describe these people.

57. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If so, describe this person.

58. Have you ever been in love? If so, describe what happened.

61. Have you started your own family? If so, describe them. If not, do you want to? Why or why not?

63. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why?

68. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?

76. Do you smoke, drink, or use drugs? If so, why? Do you want to quit?

84. Describe the routine of a normal day for you. How do you feel when this routine is disrupted?

92. What are your reasons for being an adventurer (or doing the strange and heroic things that RPG characters do)? Are your real reasons for doing this different than the ones you tell people in public? (If so, detail both sets of reasons…)

100. If you could, what advice would you, the player, give to your character? (You might even want to speak as if he or she were sitting right here in front of you, and use proper tone so he or she might heed your advice…)

• 11 months later...

Part 1:The Basics

1.What is your full name? Xha’toLyhega

2.Where and when were you born? Inthe Shroud raised Limsa

3.Who are/were your parents?  Ihardly knew them

4.Do you have any siblings? Naja and Xha’a, Xha’a was my older brother have not seen him in twenty or so summers. Naja and I just became reunited hope to fix knowing her better.

5.Where do you live now, and withwhom?  I live in the Lavender Beds with my Fiancée              6.What is your occupation?Physician/healer

7.Write a full physical descriptionof yourself.  I am five fulms tall weigh a hundred Ponze. I have unnaturally light blue hair and dark purple eyes. I have a cross scar on the bridge of my nose.

8.To which social class do youbelong? Umm I have no clue.

9.Do you have any allergies,diseases, or other physical weaknesses? I am Claustrophobic.

10. Are you right- or left-handed?Right handed

11. What does your voice sound like?Cheery and pleasant.

12. What words and/or phrases do youuse very frequently? I tend to end phrases with yeah? Or yes?

13. What do you have in your pockets?Potions

14. Do you have any quirks, strangemannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? I tend to not wear shirts due to feeling constricted.

15. How would you describe yourchildhood in general? I grew up in poverty stealing in Limsa

16. What is your earliest memory?Leaving Mother and Father

17. How much schooling have you had?A lot

18. Did you enjoy school? yes

19. Where did you learn most of yourskills and other abilities? From my Mentor

20. While growing up, did you haveany role models? Swyg was a large Roe man with a wonderful heart that taught me all I know about life and love.

21. While growing up, how did you getalong with the other members of your family? I didn’t they were gone or dead.

22. As a child, what did you want tobe when you grew up? Keep living

23. As a child, what were yourfavorite activities? Surviving

24. As a child, what kinds ofpersonality traits did you display? Reclusiveness andtrusting

25. As a child, were youpopular?  Who were your friends, and what were they like? I wasn’t

26. When and with whom was your firstkiss? I do not recall.

27. Are you a virgin?  No

28. If you are a supernatural being(i.e. mage, werewolf, vampire), tell the story of how you became what you are or first learned of your own abilities.  I am none of these things.

29. What do you consider the mostimportant event of your life so far? Becoming a doctor

30. Who has had the most influence onyou? Swyg

31. What do you consider yourgreatest achievement? Becoming a doctor meeting Asah

32. What is your greatest regret? Notsaving Xha’a

33. What is the most evil thing youhave ever done? None

34. Do you have a criminal record ofany kind? No

35. When was the time you were themost frightened? When Xha’a was taken away.

36. What is the most embarrassingthing ever to happen to you? Wearing the mogcap

37. If you could change one thingfrom your past, what would it be, and why? Save Xha’a cause hes my brother

38. What is your best memory? MeetingAsah

39. What is your worst memory? Losingmy family

40. Are you basically optimistic orpessimistic? Optimistic

41. What is your greatest fear? TightSpaces

42. What are your religious views?None

43. What are your political views?None

44. What are your views on sex? Itsenjoyable with the right person

45. Are you able to kill?  Underwhat circumstances do you find killing to be acceptable or unacceptable? No and only if family is in peril.

46. In your opinion, what is the mostevil thing any human being could do? Hurt an innocent

47. Do you believe in the existenceof soul mates and/or true love? Yes I do and I believe I have found that.

48. What do you believe makes asuccessful life? Love, work and friends

49. How honest are you about yourthoughts and feelings (i.e. do you hide your true self from others, and in what way)? Yes I try to do my best.

50. Do you have any biases orprejudices? Not at all.

51. Is there anything you absolutelyrefuse to do under any circumstances?  Why do you refuse to do it? I wont intentionally hurt another

52. Who or what, if anything, wouldyou die for (or otherwise go to extremes for)? Asah and Xha’a

53. In general, how do you treatothers (politely, rudely, by keeping them at a distance, etc.)?  Does your treatment of them change depending on how well you know them, and if so, how? I treat everyone fairly and happily

54. Who is the most important personin your life, and why? Asah she is my bride to be and best friend in life.

55. Who is the person you respect themost, and why? Swyg Mentor

56. Who are your friends?  Doyou have a best friend?  Aside from Asah I know many people but none I call friend as I don’t have time or I do not see them.

57. Do you have a spouse orsignificant other?  See 54.

58. Have you ever been in love? I met Asah in my clinic and a few weeks later she was having her own crisis and I helped her with it. And we have been together since.

59. What do you look for in apotential lover? Kind, Caring, puts others needs first.

60. How close are you to your family?I want to be more so.

61. Have you started your ownfamily?  If so, describe them.  If not, do you want to?  Why or why not? I want a family with Asah very much so.

62. Who would you turn to if you werein desperate need of help? Swyg.

63. Do you trust anyone to protectyou?  Who, and why? I trust Mhaslona but if its out of she owes the company or for me it is hard to tell.

64. If you died or went missing, whowould miss you? Asah, Elza, Swyg

65. Who is the person you despise themost, and why? Deryck for how he has treated people/

66. Do you tend to argue with people,or avoid conflict? Avoid conflict

67. Do you tend to take on leadershiproles in social situations? No

68. Do you like interacting withlarge groups of people?  Why or why not? I can if needed.

69. Do you care what others think ofyou? I do.

70. What is/are your favorite hobbiesand pastimes? Fishing, building

71. What is your most treasuredpossession? My medicine Bag

72. What is your favorite color?Green

73. What is your favorite food?Rolanberry Cheesecake

74. What, if anything, do you like toread? Works of fiction  matters notcontent

75. What is your idea of goodentertainment (consider music, movies, art, etc.)? Music is wonderful to relax to

76. Do you smoke, drink, or usedrugs?  If so, why?  Do you want to quit? I drink but only every so often

77. How do you spend a typicalSaturday night? On some picnic with Asah

78. What makes you laugh? Funnythings? Being tickled

79. What, if anything, shocks oroffends you? Violence

80. What would you do if you hadinsomnia and had to find something to do to amuse yourself? I do and I craft.

81. How do you deal with stress? Eatsweets

82. Are you spontaneous, or do youalways need to have a plan? Plans

83. What are your pet peeves? Beingtreated like a cat

84. Describe the routine of a normalday for you.  How do you feel when this routine is disrupted? I get peeved if it is but normally it is fine I am merely in my clinic

85. What is your greatest strength asa person? Kindness and understanding

86. What is your greatest weakness? Iam not physically strong

87. If you could change one thing aboutyourself, what would it be? Taller maybe?

88. Are you generally introverted orextroverted? Introvert.

89. Are you generally organized ormessy? Organized

90. Name three things you consideryourself to be very good at, and three things you consider yourself to be very bad at. Carpentry healing and medicine

91. Do you like yourself? I do

92. What are your reasons for beingan adventurer (or doing the strange and heroic things that RPG characters do)?  Are your real reasons for doing this different than the ones you tell people in public?  (If so, detail both sets of reasons…) I don’t tend to do heroics.

93. What goal do you most want toaccomplish in your lifetime? Help as many as I can

94. Where do you see yourself in 5years? Working in my own clinic based in my own home.

95. If you could choose, how wouldyou want to die? Peacefully.

96. If you knew you were going to diein 24 hours, name three things you would do in the time you had left. See My family and friends

97. What is the one thing for whichyou would most like to be remembered after your death? See 96.

98. What three words best describeyour personality? Kind Caring and understanding

99. What three words would othersprobably use to describe you? Quirky, polite and professional

100. If you could, what advice wouldyou, the player, give to your character?  (You might even want to speak as if he or she were sitting right here in front of you, and use proper tone so he or she might heed your advice…) Wear a shirt in Coerthas.

This was one of the first exercises that I completed, while I was first creating Klynzahr prior to the launch of 2.0.

This seems like an appropriate time to attempt a redo.

1.What is your full name? Klynzahr Iyrnahctwyn

2.Where and when were you born? On an isolated island ter th'North o'illsbarad.

3.Who are/were your parents?  (Know their names, occupations, personalities, etc.)

"Me Da be Iyrnahct Sterrankasyn, retired shipwrite. These days he run's Iyrnahct an' Son's Smithy in Moraby. He be th'jovial sort, giant o'a man but gentle hearted, an' a sucker fer hard luck cases."

"Me Mum Died havin' me. Donna know much more. Her name were Zedyrwyb Khanabharwyn."

4.Do you have any siblings?  What are/were they like? "Aye, three brothers, all younger. Ginshaw be hyruan, Doman born. We took him in when I were eight cycles old. Then there be me two half brothers Merlanka an' Danisil. They both be a fair sight younger 'en Ginshaw an' I."

5.Where do you live now, and with whom?  Describe the place and the person/people.

"Donna rightly have a place. Ye might call me a drifter o'sorts. Some nights I be in Da's shop, some nights I be at th'Dauntless barracks, some nights be spent in th'inn with Miss Eva."

"Aventurer.... heh... 'was' might be th'better term. How does odd-jobs-girl sound?"

7.Write a full physical description of yourself.  You might want to consider factors such as: height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, and any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks.

"Do I look like I ken write? How bout I tell ye what yer eyes can see an' mine can't?..... that were sarcasim ifin ye didna' see."

Right well... I be a rather tall Sea Wolf lass. No particularly big boned, but still build solid. I've got terrible curly hair, what never lies proper, an' folk tell me it be somethin' tween blue an' violet. M'eyes also be blue, an' they really donna look bad under these shades. Rest o'me be a grand mess, sailin' bloodsands, adventurin'.... I've got scars an' blemishes fer all o'them. Few tattoos. There be me six swallows, me sailor's rope, me survivor's sheep, an' two Dodo's. Still rather proud o'those.... Aye there be a few others but they be personal."

"Somethin' tween refugee an' freeloader at th'moment."

"Fit as a fiddle aside from me eyes.... may be as I fergot ter mention bein' struck stark blind?"

"Right."

"Are yer ears broke as well as yer eyes? It sound's like this!"

"Well there be th'whole bloody bag o'curses ter start."

"String..... Also a pocket knife, some sleepin' powders, eye-drops, an' dried willow bark..... oughter be a handkerchief somewheres.... nope, naught but crumbs."

"Well me cursin' annoys some folk, as does me drinkin'... an' I guess maybe? Th'accent?"

15. How would you describe your childhood in general? "I sailed th'world an' worked fer me keep."

16. What is your earliest memory? "Learnin' ter swim. I must o'been two or three cycle's old... ship's coxswain up an' threw me o'er th'side. Fortunately I caught on."

17. How much schooling have you had? "More 'en most folk would think. Learned Readin', writin', navigation, sums, little bit o' geometry, an' astronomy, along with anatomy, surgery, an' some arcanima on th'side."

18. Did you enjoy school? "Aye, allus hungry fer more, I was."

19. Where did you learn most of your skills and other abilities? "Learned mos' everyhtin' at sea... from me Step-Mum an' our ship's Arcanist."

20. While growing up, did you have any role models?  If so, describe them. "Reckon that I looked up ter a number o'the crew, but mainly me Step-Mum. She were a dammed good navigator an' when she got her hands on an axe.... She'd put fear inter yer heart."

21. While growing up, how did you get along with the other members of your family? "Well enough. Gave me Da a fright or two, with me antics an' such but mostly we got 'long fine. Grew a little sore after he remarried but it didna' last long... I were glad ter have a Mum t'learn from, an' she allus had been good ter me. Ginshaw was me best mate. Got up ter plenty o'trouble with th'wee blighter."

22. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? "Sailor... I wanted ter become an officer on some privateer."

23. As a child, what were your favorite activities? "Readin' an' swimmin'."

24. As a child, what kinds of personality traits did you display? "Reckon I tended ter be a little cautions, an' a little quiet.... though I could get quite th'temper if I were roused."

25. As a child, were you popular?  Who were your friends, and what were they like? "Fore we took in Ginshaw, th'next youngest lad were five cycles older 'en me. There were no other lasses sailin' with us. So mos' times it were only me an' Gin."

26. When and with whom was your first kiss? "Let me see... I were thirteen cycles or thereabouts, an' fairly drunk. Hefty young sailor offered me gil fer a kiss an' I took him up on it. May o'givin him more too ifin Da had no'wandered in."

27. Are you a virgin?  If not, when and with whom did you lose your virginity? "Lost it 'round three cycles after th'kiss. Scrawny young fisherman's son, night on shore leave, an' a bottle o'whiskey.... donna remember much more."

28. If you are a supernatural being (i.e. mage, werewolf, vampire), tell the story of how you became what you are or first learned of your own abilities.  If you are just a normal human, describe any influences in your past that led you to do the things you do today. "Are ye bloody crazy?"

(Whew it's finally finished! Figured I'd do this ICly with Asher, since none of my other characters are quite as talkative. He's such a little shite. Honestly.)

A pretty Highlander serving maid settles down at a table in the Drowning Wench, armed with a quill, an inkpot, and a lengthy sheet of parchment. Adjacent from her, a rogue dressed in black leans against his chair and offers her a crooked smile. “Shall we begin?”

1. What is your full name? “M’name’s Asher. Never giv’n much else.”

2. Where and when were you born? “Well supposin’ ye dunno much ‘bout me, I was born in t’belly of o’ship. As fer when, how t’hells wuld I know? ‘twas just a wee mite!”

3. Who are/were your parents? (Know their names, occupations, personalities, etc.) “Already gettin’ t’the nit and grit, eh? Heh, well if yer so curious, s’ppose I’ll let ye in on a few secrets o’mine. M’father was a hamster an’ me mum smelled o’elder berries. Happy?”

4. Do you have any siblings? What are/were they like? “Tch. I’m sure I got tons o’em. None I ever wanna meet.”

5. Where do you live now, and with whom? Describe the place and the person/people. “Got me a place in t’Wench. Ye know, tha’ one tavern in Limsa Lominsa? Owner’s a good friend o’mine. Enuff wit t’questions.”

6. What is your occupation? “M’stabbers don’t say much t’ye, do they?”

7. Write a full physical description of yourself. You might want to consider factors such as: height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, and any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks. “Yer makin’ me work t’day, aren’t ye? Let’s see 'ere…”

8. To which social class do you belong? “I b’long t’me own. Thas’ wot!”

9. Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses? “Aha…ahaha. ‘cuse me while I express m’amusement!”

10. Are you right- or left-handed? “I throw m’stabbers wiff both.”

11. What does your voice sound like? “Sexy.”

12. What words and/or phrases do you use very frequently? “Shaddup, c’mere, an’ piss off.”

13. What do you have in your pockets? “Mmmmm. Wot d’ye ‘ave in yers?”

14. Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? “I like t’lick m’stabbers. Some ain’t think it proper. I tell ‘em sod off. Maybe waggle m’stub a little. Ye know…. stuff t’member m’by!”

15. How would you describe your childhood in general? “……”

16. What is your earliest memory? “…..survival.”’

17. How much schooling have you had? “I kin spell n’ write a’plenty.”

18. Did you enjoy school? “Aha…..ahahahaha! M’sides!”

19. Where did you learn most of your skills and other abilities? “Learned it all at t’Rogue’s Guild. Free o’charge.”

20. While growing up, did you have any role models? If so, describe them. “…Aye, I did. Let m’call ‘im Toast.”

21. While growing up, how did you get along with the other members of your family? “…..”

22. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? “......free.”

23. As a child, what were your favorite activities? “Surviving an’shite. We done yet?”

24. As a child, what kinds of personality traits did you display? “Yer serious, are ye? Well! I’ll ‘appily say I wuzzn’t borin’ or nuffin’ like ‘at.”

25. As a child, were you popular? Who were your friends, and what were they like? “….piss off! M’done ‘ere!”

26. When and with whom was your first kiss? “Oye! Wot was ‘at? Heh. Was under a night full o’stars no less. Salty smell of t’sea. She was a real beauty, she was. Left wiffa Roe fellow tha’morning.”

27. Are you a virgin? If not, when and with whom did you lose your virginity? “Mmmm, kin ye see m’smirk? Ye want t’grit of it? I will ‘appily spill all.”

28. If you are a supernatural being (i.e. mage, werewolf, vampire), tell the story of how you became what you are or first learned of your own abilities. If you are just a normal human, describe any influences in your past that led you to do the things you do today. “…oye a subject change? Really? I was ‘avin’ fun! Go shove yer face in’a pile o’shite!”

29. What do you consider the most important event of your life so far? “…..m’stub o’course. Bloody proud o’it too.”

30. Who has had the most influence on you? “….are these questions o’er yet? Seriously?”

31. What do you consider your greatest achievement? “Tha’ shall remain a secret, luv.”

32. What is your greatest regret? “…gimme a sec.”

33. What is the most evil thing you have ever done? “It ‘asn’t happen’d yet.”

34. Do you have a criminal record of any kind? “Oho. I’ve been meanin’ t’set t’record fer t’longest one day!”

35. When was the time you were the most frightened? “…ye want a stabber shoved up yer arse?”

36. What is the most embarrassing thing ever to happen to you? “Losin’ m’tail! Prolly wuld still b' worse if I e'er lost m’balls.”

37. If you could change one thing from your past, what would it be, and why? “Ye ask ‘bout m’past one more time an’ I ain’t ever buyin’ ye a drink.”

38. What is your best memory? “Gettin’ tha’ prickly ol’ Vupa’s satisfaction.”

39. What is your worst memory? “….I ain’t sayin’.”

Part 4: Beliefs and Opinions

40. Are you basically optimistic or pessimistic? “I like t’admire m’handy work an’ watch sunsets.”

41. What is your greatest fear? “Mmmm. Wot’s yers?”

42. What are your religious views? “Nymeia is a real bitch when it comes to fate an’ Llymlaen should keep ‘er guidance to herself sumtimes!”

43. What are your political views? “Tch. Ain’t m’problem.”

44. What are your views on sex? “Willin’ an’ able.”

45. Are you able to kill? Under what circumstances do you find killing to be acceptable or unacceptable? “I kill when I ‘ave to. I ain’t gonna kill some snot-nosed brat, but if yer in my way an’ repeatedly bug me, I might ‘ave my stabbers do t’talkin’.”

46. In your opinion, what is the most evil thing any human being could do? “…still be livin’ after all t’shite they’ve done.”

47. Do you believe in the existence of soul mates and/or true love? “Tch. Nuffin’ lasts forever.”

48. What do you believe makes a successful life? “’avin’ ‘nuff coin fer a good drink an’ plenty o’free time.”

49. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings (i.e. do you hide your true self from others, and in what way)? “Wot d’ye think?”

50. Do you have any biases or prejudices? “Aye, I got plenty. If ye wanna know ‘em, jus’ stay awhile.”

51. Is there anything you absolutely refuse to do under any circumstances? Why do you refuse to do it? “…I’ll get back t’ye on ‘at one.”

52. Who or what, if anything, would you die for (or otherwise go to extremes for)? “Fer Toast. An’ Tenfingers. Best mates o’mine.”

Part 5: Relationships with Others

53. In general, how do you treat others (politely, rudely, by keeping them at a distance, etc.)? Does your treatment of them change depending on how well you know them, and if so, how? “Mmm that’s rather a long question. Let’s see ‘ere….”

54. Who is the most important person in your life, and why? “I kin think o’one. But I ain’t tellin’ ye.”

55. Who is the person you respect the most, and why? “M’self. Piss off.”

56. Who are your friends? Do you have a best friend? Describe these people. “Didn’t I jus’ answer ‘at earlier?”

57. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If so, describe this person. “Don’t we all?”

58. Have you ever been in love? If so, describe what happened. “Well, lass, if ye come wiff me I’ll show ye.”

59. What do you look for in a potential lover? “A fun time.”

60. How close are you to your family? “….wot family?”

61. Have you started your own family? If so, describe them. If not, do you want to? Why or why not? “I bloody hope not.”

62. Who would you turn to if you were in desperate need of help? “Ol’ Tenfingers ‘as m’back fer as long as I kin ‘member.”

63. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why? “Do I ‘ear an’ echo?”

64. If you died or went missing, who would miss you? “Yer really askin’ ‘at? Shoot. Hell if I know.”

65. Who is the person you despise the most, and why? “….someone whose time is fast approaching.”

66. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict? “Oye, ‘ave I not left an’ impression yet?”

67. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations? “Maybe if it interests me an’ the current leader is a bloody halfwit.”

68. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not? “I like taverns an’ good drinks.”

69. Do you care what others think of you? “Not particularly.”

Part 6: Likes and Dislikes

70. What is/are your favorite hobbies and pastimes? “Ah, now we’re finally gettin’ somewhere. I like t’play wiff m’stabbers an’ climb spires fer a nice view. A good drink don’t hurt none either.”

71. What is your most treasured possession? “Wot’s’ yers, eh?”

72. What is your favorite color? “Blue. Like t’ocean an’ t’sky.”

73. What is your favorite food? “T’Wench kin whip up a real good dodo omelet.”

74. What, if anything, do you like to read? “Wanted posters. It’s a wonderful way t’keep track o’my achievements.”

75. What is your idea of good entertainment (consider music, movies, art, etc.)? “Mmmm. I likes me a good drink an’ a good time.”

76. Do you smoke, drink, or use drugs? If so, why? Do you want to quit? “Why in the seven hells would I want to quit?”

77. How do you spend a typical Saturday night? “Ye mean when I ain’t workin’? Well, I do like ‘anging ‘round fer t’gossip.”

78. What makes you laugh? “T’fact ‘at yer still asking m’shite.”

79. What, if anything, shocks or offends you? “Ye actually insult me back. Nah, wait, tha’’s damn hilarious.”

80. What would you do if you had insomnia and had to find something to do to amuse yourself? “Prolly watch the stars. ‘ave a few drinks. Dazzle t’ladies.”

81. How do you deal with stress? “Unhealthily, accordin' t’ol’ Baderon.”

82. Are you spontaneous, or do you always need to have a plan? “Depends on t’day.”

83. What are your pet peeves? “Gettin’ asked lots of questions.”

Part 7: Self Images and Etc.

84. Describe the routine of a normal day for you. How do you feel when this routine is disrupted? “Basically wot I’m feelin’ right now. We ‘alfway thru’ yet?”

85. What is your greatest strength as a person? “Been told m’great in bed.”

86. What is your greatest weakness? “Wot’s yers, luv?”

87. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? “Let’m think….”

88. Are you generally introverted or extroverted? “T’more ale in me belly, the better.”

89. Are you generally organized or messy? “M’likes clean entries and exits.”

90. Name three things you consider yourself to be very good at, and three things you consider yourself to be very bad at. “Drinkin’, stabbin’, n’ hidin’. Then, uh…”

91. Do you like yourself? “Wot’s not t’like?”

92. What are your reasons for being an adventurer (or doing the strange and heroic things that RPG characters do)? Are your real reasons for doing this different than the ones you tell people in public? (If so, detail both sets of reasons…) “I do wot I likes, an’ I likes wot I do.”

93. What goal do you most want to accomplish in your lifetime? “…..satisfaction.”

94. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? “Mmmm. Hopefully not dead.”

95. If you could choose, how would you want to die? “Oye! Tha’s kinda morbid, lass. Though, I wouldn’t mind gettin’ killed by ye.”

96. If you knew you were going to die in 24 hours, name three things you would do in the time you had left. “Stop wasting m’time.”

97. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death? “Tch. We done yet?”

98. What three words best describe your personality? “Cocky selfish bastard.”

99. What three words would others probably use to describe you? “Really cocky an’ heartless selfish bastard. Sumtimes even fluke. Oh, ‘ey, tha’ be sumtin’ t’put under tha’ amusement question.”

100. If you could, what advice would you, the player, give to your character? (You might even want to speak as if he or she were sitting right here in front of you, and use proper tone so he or she might heed your advice…) “Asher, let me get right to the point. Stop hiding yourself. Find someone to consult to with all your worries and flaws. It’s not right to keep it all bottled in. One of these days you’re going to snap, and it won’t be fun for either of us. Please learn to respect others better, and for kriff’s sake, stop drinking your heart out and face your fears. At least make Toast proud, if no one else.”

• 3 weeks later...

This is not easy and my first try went bad with the spoiler tags. 

- "Leih Rhun? I sort of forgot my real name, but brother gave me this one and I like it."

- "I know I was born in Limsa Lominsa, or so Athrune told me. Truth is I can't remember much."

3.Who are/were your parents?  (Know their names, occupations, personalities, etc.)

- "They were traders, but that's all. They died when I was very small."

4.Do you have any siblings?  What are/were they like?

- "I had an adoptive brother. His name was Athrune and he was a soldier in the Immortal Flames. He was very strong and always took care of me. Oh! And he was a Hyur. So people kind of thought it was weird I was his sister, but it was okay. He was the best brother ever."

5.Where do you live now, and with whom?  Describe the place and the person/people.

- "I... sort of live in an abandoned house in the Pearl Lane... I mostly live alone, though I have Amzi. He was Athrune's chocobo."

- "Does... er... street rat count?"

7.Write a full physical description of yourself.  You might want to consider factors such as: height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, and any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks.

- "Well... I'm a Miqo'te. I don't really know what clan, since I can't remember my parents. I'm short and a bit skinny. Okay, really skinny, I don't eat much. My hair is white, though I have some blue-ish highlights. It's a funny story with some armor dye and my brother not paying attention, but yeah... I do have some tattoos on my face, don't know when I got. And I have a green eye and a red eye. I also got some scars around my red eye, but can't remember how I got them."

- "Very very veeeeery poor."

- "Well, I'm a bit weak since I barely ever eat."

- "I guess I'm ambidextrous." 

- "A bit squeaky? I don't really know, I haven't paid attention."

- "Um... I don't know?"

- "Athrune's ring. And maybe a gil... OH! Yes, a gil!"

- "I'm well... clumsy."

- "I guess happy? Not incredible, but Athrune was always with me and made me happy."

- "I don't know if... well, if its a memory, but I remember a lot of rain and thunder. And I was calling someone. It was cold and I was really scared. Then I saw Athrune and he smiled at picked me up. He covered me with his cloak and told me everything was going to be okay."

- "I can read and write, but that's about it. We didn't have much money, but my brother always brought books for me."

- "I never went, so I wouldn't know."

- "My brother taught me. Oh, so did mister Nonodata and miss Enlara. They were nice to teach me to fight."

20. While growing up, did you have any role models?  If so, describe them.

- "Well, kind of obvious, but it was Athrune. He never cared about having more than he needed and he was always smiling. Even when I knew he was sad, he would smile and tell me everything was going to be okay."

- "I can't say for my real family, but with my brother we were really close. I don't really remember a day before Dalamud when we didn't have some sort of contact."

- "I want to be a member of the Immortal Flames!"

- "I liked reading and playing outside."

- "I guess I was curious. And clumsy... very clumsy."

25. As a child, were you popular?  Who were your friends, and what were they like?

- "I didn't really have friends. I was always playing alone now that I think about it. Not that I mind."

- "I... haven't really have my first kiss."

27. Are you a virgin?  If not, when and with whom did you lose your virginity?

- "Um... I... well... I am a virgin... and... okay... shutting up..."

28. If you are a supernatural being (i.e. mage, werewolf, vampire), tell the story of how you became what you are or first learned of your own abilities.  If you are just a normal human, describe any influences in your past that led you to do the things you do today.

- "... what?"

- "I guess the day Athrune found me. I think I might have died otherwise since I was so young when my parents died."

- "Well, Athrune of course."

- "It's kind of dumb, but I remember I was scared of lightning. I still am. One night, Athrune had to leave for something important, and a lightning storm started. I was very scared, but I still made dinner even though I just wanted to curl under the table and cry."

- "Not being with Athrune when... when he died."

- "I step on a marmot's tail. I'm sorry, little marmot!"

- "I think I do. For stealing and something else. Nothing too bad since I got released with a warning."

- "When Athrune told me he was leaving for the war."

- "Um... I guess the time I slip and got covered in mud."

- "I would have begged my brother to stay. That way... maybe he would still be with me."

- "One time I was watching the other kids with their mothers and I really felt jealous because I didn't have one. I started crying, but then Athrune picked me up and told me that it wasn't that I didn't have a mother. My mother was always with me, I just couldn't see her. I never cried again, because I believe him."

- "The day I figured out my brother was not returning... That's all I want to say on it."

- "I guess I'm an optimist?"

- "Um... Oh! This big scary Roegadyn I meet not long ago!"

- "Well... I believe in the Twelve. I guess that's it?"

- "None really. I support the Sultana's rule. I don't know much about anything else in politics."

- "I think I just don't know enough to have a full opinion."

45. Are you able to kill?  Under what circumstances do you find killing to be acceptable or unacceptable?

- "I think I can kill, but I wouldn't unless it's the only way. Killing is easy, really. A lot of people do it and they feel nothing. Feeling mercy and respecting another's life is difficult, but I think its what people should strive for."

- "I don't really know... There's so many bad things its hard to choose. I guess... Hmm... I guess taking someone's hope away."

- "Maybe?"

- "Respect other's lives and do what you can to help those in need."

- "I guess I hide a lot. I try to act like I'm not scared or sad... Or angry. I just don't want people to worry about me..."

- "Not really. I'm okay about almost anything. Only thing I would be a bit bias about is if someone is just a cool-blooded murderer or doesn't care about hurting people. Then I would get really mad."

51. Is there anything you absolutely refuse to do under any circumstances?  Why do you refuse to do it?

- "I refuse to betray my friends. I rather die."

- "My friends. I would protect them even if it means dying."

53. In general, how do you treat others (politely, rudely, by keeping them at a distance, etc.)?  Does your treatment of them change depending on how well you know them, and if so, how?

- "I try to be friendly and polite for the most part."

- "Athrune is, though if this question means someone alive, I guess no one at the moment?"

- "Well, my brother was, but if it's about someone alive... Hmm.... OH! Raubhan! He's just amazing! And strong! And a tiny bit scary, but that's okay!"

56. Who are your friends?  Do you have a best friend?  Describe these people.

- "Hmm... well... there's Shizuku. I met her a bit ago. She's nice. Though also funny, especially when drunk. And there's also Wilbehrt. He's also nice and I think very patient. My brother's friends sometimes send me a bit of money to survive, but other than that I don't really have friends."

57. Do you have a spouse or significant other?  If so, describe this person.

- "I don't, yet."

58. Have you ever been in love?  If so, describe what happened.

- "I don't think I have. How does it feel?"

- "Hmm... I don't know. I guess I'll know when I meet him?"

- "Well... I don't have one..."

61. Have you started your own family?  If so, describe them.  If not, do you want to?  Why or why not?

- "I haven't met the right person to do this with."

- "Um... good question..."

63. Do you trust anyone to protect you?  Who, and why?

- "I guess I'm on my own..."

- "No one..."

- "I think that would be Jijita... He's... kinda the person forcing me to work for him because of Athrune's debts..."

- "I try to avoid it if I can, but if something is not right I will speak my mind... sometimes..."

- "Not really."

68. Do you like interacting with large groups of people?  Why or why not?

- "Not really. Most people avoid me. They think I'm just after money."

- "A little. Not much, really."

- "I like singing... just not in front of people..."

- "I have a choker Athrune gave me for a birthday before he left and his ring. Some people have asked me to sell to them, but I would never do it."

- "Um... I guess blue?"

- "Just anything works... I rarely get a full meal."

- "My favorite books were adventure books."

- "I like sitting and watching the clouds with Amzi."

76. Do you smoke, drink, or use drugs?  If so, why?  Do you want to quit?

- "I try to avoid those things. It's a waste of gil."

- "Well.... Begging for food, or getting and odd job... or stealing something to eat... Sorry, whoever I took that wallet last week! I was really hungry and Jijita took all the gil I had collected."

- "A lot of things."

- "Um... well... I don't know."

- "I really can't afford to always be hungry and also be tired."

- "I try to find some way to make more gil to pay my debts!"

- "I think I'm spontaneous."

- "I stare at people?"

84. Describe the routine of a normal day for you.  How do you feel when this routine is disrupted?

- "I don't really have a routine. I just do what I'm told."

- "I never give up!"

- "I'm stubborn..."

- "Being poor?"

- "I don't really know..."

- "Well... I don't have enough stuff to be either."

- "I'm really good at riding, at fighting and being sneaky. I'm not very good at repairing clothes... or healing... or finding a job..."

- "I don't really know."

92. What are your reasons for being an adventurer (or doing the strange and heroic things that RPG characters do)?  Are your real reasons for doing this different than the ones you tell people in public?  (If so, detail both sets of reasons…)

- "Well... I have to pay my debts. And I'm sincere about it. There's not much details on it. Athrune died, his debt pass to me, so I'm paying."

- "I want to pay all I owe so I can move on with my life."

- "Free from debt and finally being a true adventurer!"

- "I don't know... That's kinda sad to ask."

- "I would find Amzi a new owner so he could be cared for. I would visit Athrune and leave some flowers and I would go to our secret place and watch the stars like I used to do as a kid."

- "Nothing really? I haven't really left that much of an impression on people. But that's okay."

- "Hmm... Clumsy, air-headed and a bit goofy."

- "I don't really know. That's something to ask other people, right?"

100. If you could, what advice would you, the player, give to your character?  (You might even want to speak as if he or she were sitting right here in front of you, and use proper tone so he or she might heed your advice…)

Player to Leih: "Listen, you can't change what happened and you have to move on. You can't just let people step on you just because you want to protect other people's feelings. Your feelings matter too and you have as much right as anyone else to be happy. So snap out of it and stop letting people take advantage of you."

• 2 months later...

"Atalanta Tsukiyama. I don't think I had a last name before Araki took me in."

"Dunno. Somewhere in the Shroud, and I think 19 cycles?"

"Dead, probably."

4.Do you have any siblings?  What are/were they like?

"Only Araki. She's the best! After the. . .Thing with the ship, she's the one who found me and nursed me back to health. And then, right in front of everyone, declared me her sister and heir! Everyone was in an uproar and I didn't understand at the time, but I know what she did wasn't really liked. I don't think I'll ever be able to repay that debt."

5.Where do you live now, and with whom?

"Right now? Some Inn in Limsa Lominsa. Not exactly high class like Araki's used to, but when you're livin' by the daily pay, what choice do we have? Nobody cares about us, and we don't care about them. Works out for everyone.

"Adventurer? Araki and I are registered with the guild, but we take whatever's thrown our way from whomever. Araki generally makes sure everything is on the up-and-up, 'course, but by and large we do whatever will get us our next meal."

"I'm a Miqo'te, though everyone calls me 'Keeper Lass' when they don't know my name, so I guess that means I'm a Keeper Miqo'te? Either way, I've got a red eye and a green one, and my hair is short and black. The bandage? Oh, its just easier keeping it on. I hate it when people stare at that scar. The thing on my forehead is a. . . .I guess a focus tattoo? Araki made me get it after I had some trouble with training, it was supposed to be a point of concentration. I'm thin and-Yes, some people DO mistake me for a boy, we can't ALL be lucky like sis, can we?!  What do I wear? Whatever's easy to move in and is durable."

"Poor, now."

"Only to boredom. And mandatory meditation."

"Naturally I'm left-handed, but I can use my right just as well.

"I dunno. . .Kinda rough? Just different, I guess. Happens when you grow up the only one of your race in a land where they're considered exotic."

"Not really. I don't do signatures."

"Lessee, a couple gil (My meal-money from Araki), a couple'a packets of stuff, the candy I sto-bought this morning, and a knife."

"No? Sis'll tell ya I have a bad habit of getting into trouble, but that's just because she hates fun."

"Unluckily lucky."

"Escaping the ship. After that, waking up and barely being able to crawl on the shore."

"Some? I was told I'd have to learn a lot more when I got older, and to focus on my martial skills first."

"Not really."

"The Tsukiyama residence's Dojo. They had a sensei there who taught us, and Araki sometimes helped, too."

20. While growing up, did you have any role models?  If so, describe them.

"'side from Araki? Granny Tsukiyama. Everyone treated her with respect, and when she had time for me, she was one of the few people I didn't have to worry about treating me differently because I had special ears 'stead of horns. Aside from Araki, that is. And she had the youngest soul, too! We played lots of games together. . .I really miss her."

"Aside from Araki and Granny Tsukiyama, everyone was really. . .distant. I was adopted, I wasn't Au ri, and I was a foreigner to boot, so I just kinda. . .Got ignored if I was lucky."

"I didn't want to grow up. Still don't. I wanted to be 'little kit' forever. But then Araki started seriously trying to do the heir thing, and then everything was...We had to leave."

"Naps. Playing with the Au ri who didn't mind me. Lotta naps.

"I dunno? I'd say laid back and happy."

25. As a child, were you popular?  Who were your friends, and what were they like?

"Nope. I had a couple'a friends, but they were older than me by a lot. They taught me to do a lot of cool things."

"No. One.

27. Are you a virgin?  If not, when and with whom did you lose your virginity?

"We're done here."

28. If you are a supernatural being (i.e. mage, werewolf, vampire), tell the story of how you became what you are or first learned of your own abilities.  If you are just a normal human, describe any influences in your past that led you to do the things you do today.

"What did I just say?"

"Getting fished off the beaches of Doma. It was a long time ago, but I can remember it like it was yesterday."

"Definitely Araki. She's my sister, blood or no, and I'd do anything for her. Like she would for me."

"Learning Doman. I'm not really good with words in this language, either, and I was still learning when I was captured. I remember crying when I could finally make my savior understand how grateful I was."

"Getting caught by the Garleans. My parents told me to stay close, but I wanted to see the fireflies and catch one with a friend, but they were on us and we didn't even hear them."

"....I cut out someone's tongue. And then kept slashing."

"Not really. Then again, I've never been caught."

"Being tied up in that ship. Everyone was crying, and scared, and no one wanted to be there, and we kept getting told to be quiet."

"...I wrote a poem once, and Araki had me read it to her. I wanted to die."

"Can I change who my actual parents are? Doma is my home, and it seems like its all I've ever known."

"When all the servants were cleaning the residence and they moved us into the summer cottage, it was just me and Araki. We played, and laughed, and she read me bedtime stories, and it was just. . .I'd give anything to go back in time and just be like that."

"....Second one was fleeing Doma. Everyone was piling into boats and rickety fishing ships and rowboats. In the end, it was just Sis and I, and a handful of other people on that boat."

"I guess I'm an optimist? I like trying to see the good in things, even if I know its not there."

"Being found by Garleans. Again."

"There are spirits everywhere. In the water, in the ground, in the very stone."

"Um....Kill all Garleans? I don't know, and I don't care."

"....No."

45. Are you able to kill?  Under what circumstances do you find killing to be acceptable or unacceptable?

"Children or elderly, and all manner of innocents. Beyond that, I have no problem."

"....Take someone's dignity."

"In fairy tales, yes. I want to believe real life can be that way."

"Happyness. And people you love to share it with."

"Depends on the person and the circumstances. And who I need to be."

"No, not really."

51. Is there anything you absolutely refuse to do under any circumstances?  Why do you refuse to do it?

"Kill children. Or capture them. Because I've seen it done and had it done to me."

"Araki. She's all I have left."

53. In general, how do you treat others (politely, rudely, by keeping them at a distance, etc.)?  Does your treatment of them change depending on how well you know them, and if so, how?

56. Who are your friends?  Do you have a best friend?  Describe these people.

57. Do you have a spouse or significant other?  If so, describe this person.

58. Have you ever been in love?  If so, describe what happened.

61. Have you started your own family?  If so, describe them.  If not, do you want to?  Why or why not?

63. Do you trust anyone to protect you?  Who, and why?

68. Do you like interacting with large groups of people?  Why or why not?

76. Do you smoke, drink, or use drugs?  If so, why?  Do you want to quit?

84. Describe the routine of a normal day for you.  How do you feel when this routine is disrupted?

92. What are your reasons for being an adventurer (or doing the strange and heroic things that RPG characters do)?  Are your real reasons for doing this different than the ones you tell people in public?  (If so, detail both sets of reasons…)

100. If you could, what advice would you, the player, give to your character?  (You might even want to speak as if he or she were sitting right here in front of you, and use proper tone so he or she might heed your advice…)

• 4 months later...

Decided to do this as my first non-Welcome Desk post!!

“Orrick Addicus Kane.”

“Don’t remember the name too well… Some shitty little rundown desert trading post what burned in the

Calamity. Southern Shelf or something like that, about twenty-eight years ago”

3.Who are/were your parents?  (Know their names, occupations, personalities, etc.)

“Brunwulf and Astra Kane… Astra is a loving, strong woman who worked as a miner, and definitely

deserved a better son… And that bastard Brunwulf is the shittiest, sneakiest, most vile creature on

the planet. The worst kind of merchant.”

4.Do you have any siblings?  What are/were they like?

“Aye, a younger sister, Marsa. A kinder soul than me, chose to go to Gridania and learn to mend wounds.

She’s kind and nice, mostly, not afraid to tell ya how she feels. She’s right knightly.”

5.Where do you live now, and with whom?  Describe the place and the person/people.

“I scrape up a living in Ul’Dah, living wherever the Immortal Flames won’t mistake me for a troublesome

Refugee. Mostly under the stars in some alley, or in some cheap inn.”

“I’m a sort of reverse thief. I take back what’s stolen in the cover of night. I mostly work with the Brass

Blades and the like. It’s easier to flow with the law, then fight against it. Speakin’ of the Brass

Blades, I occasionally work as a scout for them, ya know, when they’re shorthanded.”

7.Write a full physical description of yourself.  You might want to consider factors such as: height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, and any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks.

“Oh boy… Ah, I’m a five and a half fulms tall, about a hundred forty ponzes midlander. Green hair and

eyes. Type of dress? I’ll wear whatever the hells I’m given, though partial to looser, lighter

clothes. I’m not a fan of being stabbed, especially if it means permanent inkings. Got a couple

scars, hard to dodge arrows when you don’t see ‘em loosed.”

“Is there a social class for arsehats with sharp tongues? And don’t you dare say merchants.”

“Pollen. I become a right sneezing lunatic when there’s pollen.”

“Mostly left, but I’m decent with a stabber in each.”

“You know that jackass you went to school with as a lad or lass? Make him a tad snarkier, and bruise his

cheek a tad. You get what I’m saying?”

“There’s a phrase that I mutter on missions: Don’t get seen, Don’t get shot, Don’t get caught. Makes my

life a little easier, ya see?”

“Knives, lockpicks, marbles, some firesand, a couple biscuits, and uh… Oh, a couple gil, lovely.”

“I’m not entirely certain what ya mean, but I’m very fidgety. ‘T’s why the Thaumaturges didn’t want

wanna train me. They also called me about as smart as a chocobo’s arse, but I don’t keep

grudges.”

“It was decent, we struggled, aye, but we got by with what we had.”

“That shite head Brunwulf walking away when I was about six. My sister was only a year old at the

point.”

“Apparently not enough. A couple of years. Needed to leave to help out my ma with her store.”

“It was alright. Felt like work, looked like work, and I treated it like work.”

“A couple of lads stopped by the Shelf before the Calamity. Called themselves rogues, but they looked a

bit more like pirates to me. Anyroad, they afford to give me a bit of instruction afore they shipped

out again.”

“Not really. Except maybe the Sultansworn, but just about every Ul’Dahn child did.”

“I was an arse, but never to my family. The world’s too big to have everyone hate you, and no one loves ya

like your ma.”

“Protect my friends and family. Coin and Country and all.”

“I was a right bastard. I bossed people around, got into fights… I did enjoy cooking with my family, just

about the only wholesome thing that came from my childhood.”

“I was violent, rude, aggressive, but protective, and strong.”

“Wasn’t popular, and didn’t have a friend outside my family.”

“Assuming I’ve kissed someone?”

“Aye, I am.”

“My Ma’s store got broken into a few days after those lads from Limsa left. I had a feeling it was one of the

newly arrived merchants from Ul’Dah. So, I went to go check it out, found that one of those slimy

bastards was selling my mother’s goods at a hiked up price. So, that night, I snuck into his wagon,

snagged her goods back, and more or may not have planted some less than legal goods, then

sicced the Brass Blades on ‘im the next day. Decided that’d probably be my best route in life.”

“It’s by far meeting those rogues. If I hadn’t, I don’t know what I would do… Maybe become a culinarian,

but making your hobby a job is a real great way of making ya hate your hobby.”

“Honestly, my sister is the biggest influence on me. Tales of her daring doos and the like make me strive to

be a better person. Well, about as better a person as a thief can be.”

“After the Calamity, I moved to Ul’Dah, while my mother went to Horizon. When I arrived, I went to the

Brass Blades and offered them my services. Though they denied me, they didn’t really care about

the practice I did, so long as I was only snagging back what was stolen in the first place.

Anyroad, there was this guy, a small guy, even for a Lalafell, he came to me when I first started

advertising my services. Turns out, the guy works for the Goldsmith’s guild, and had one of their

newest creations got lifted by some well to do merchant. Offered him a solid price, and quickly

and cleanly got it back, while also throwing that sticky-fingered merchant to the Brass Blades.

Made a bit of a name for myself, and a good one at that!”

“After my first contract grab, I was asked by one of the few friends I did have for a little assistance.

Unfortunately, another contract came in as well, more gil, but just as… Time sensitive. I took the gil over my pal, and I haven’t seen him since.”

“Some bloke commissioned me to snatch a ring that rightfully belonged to me. Turned out the ma’am who

Had it was his mother, who thought he died in war… I took the ring, and left her a forgery, as I

Always do for things like this. I saw her bawlin’ on the curb the day after. Ain’t proud of it.”

“I may be a thief, but I’ll be damned if I don’t follow the word of the law.”

“Definitely during the Calamity. I was on the road, and we decked ourselves in every last charm and

trinket we could and just prayed. We watched as the world exploded around us. By the Twelve,

we should have died, but we didn’t. We lived. Been superstitious ever since.”

“I needed to get a navel ring from a miqo’te dancer, from a bath house. That is EVERYTHING you’ll pry

from me on the subject.”.

“I’d try harder to make friends as a child, my job requires a great deal of contacts, ones that I do not have,

and having a friend in the area is the quickest way to have access to them. Cold, maybe, but true.”

“Walkin’ straight outta that twelvedamned crater, will all our limbs and lives intact. Knowing not even

the might of the Calamity could rip my family from me.”

“In the same sorta vein, watchin’ that bastard Brunwulf walk away from my mother, unborn sister, and me.

He tried to put us behind him like a bad transaction.”

“I like to think I’m more optimistic than pessimistic. But, then again, I’m a known fibber.”

“That when all is said and done, I’ll be seen as just a thief and a blackguard. That nothing I have or will

ever do will just be seen as the actions of a child you hated his father, and not that of a man tryin’

to make a difference or somethin’.”

“I believe in the Twelve, and would just about anything that ain’t a damnable Primal.”

“Why the hells should I care about politics? As long as I can do what I do, I don’t care who’s in charge.”

“Keep your nose outta my business, and I’ll keep mine outta yours. Ain’t my right to tell people how they

should love each other.”

“Oh, I can kill. I won’t, unless it is my last option, then I have no problem pokin’ a stabber between ribs.”

“Abandon and betray their family, for naught but the pleasure they gain from it.”

“Aye, I do… Don’t know if everyone has one, though.”

“When ya gain the ability to do the thing you love as your occupation.”

“I’m honest enough with my emotions. It’s a touch harder for me to be as open with the softer emotions.”

“I will not help a parent who abandoned their family. I make sure to do my research before helping any

beastmen either, I’ve been burned before.”

“Work for abandoners, and steal from single parents. Too much there for me to deal with.”

“Family, friends, my country… Coin. I’m good to die for just about anything.”

“I choose to keep a bit of distance when doing business, but I’m a bit softer to those I know.”

“My lil’ Sister is one of the few people I will go out of my way to help at no cost. Even her pals gain a bit

of discount on most things.”

“A pal of mine named Cal. Lass can take a hit, and she sticks to her convictions, something I can respect.”

“Mostly former clients, turned friends. They vary in size, shape, and location, but they’re all far kinder to

me than I deserve.”

“I do not, and suspect I won’t for quite some time.”

58. Have you ever been in love?  If so, describe what happened

“No, I wasn’t in love. I was an idiot who tried too hard, and she was a lass who had trouble saying no.”.

“If ya can take your drink, my twelvedamned jokes, and not want to smother me in my sleep, then it may

be you.”

“Of course, send ‘em letters all the time, and give ‘em assistance whenever they need it.”

“Real damn hard to start a family when you’re but one man. I do think it would be nice, one day.”

“Cal would get me out of just about anything… Hopefully.”

“Cal, again, and even my lil’ sister. Cal’s damn strong, and Marsa is a damn good conjurer from what I

hear.”

“My ma and Marsa, maybe. But more than likely, no one.”

“Any guesses, folks?”

“If I think you’re wrong, and ya keep runnin’ your mouth, you’re on your way to a very loud fight.”

“I’m a follower, through and through.”

“I love crowds, real easy to vanish into. In seriousness, not really, it usually ends poorly when I do.”

“As long as it’s not, ‘He’s just a dirty thief and should be in jail.’ Not really.”

“I love cookin’ and goldsmithin’, not too bad at knife throwing, either.”

“My stabbers were given to me by a friend who ain’t with us anymore.”

“Funnily enough, Green.”

“Flour biscuits. Savory, compact, and quite fillin’, great for bein’ on the move.”

“Promise not to tell?... Romance novels. They’re sappy and dumb, but there’s always somethin’ that hooks

me.”

“Readin’, fightin’, watching the Blades and Torches try to solve a mystery…”

“I drink, aye, but I don’t think I’ll ever wanna quit.”

“Either workin’, cookin’, or makin’ a shitty replica for something I’m gonna grab. That, or chatting with

Cal or someone.”

“Shites that think they can get away with anything, and lapdogs. They’re just so tiny.”

“Ain’t found nothing yet, besides leavin’ your family for dead.”

“I’ll usually just read if I need to. Otherwise, I go for strolls around Ul’Dah.”

“Deep breathin’ and punching bags.”

“I try my best to keep a solid plan, but you know what they say about plans and first encounters, right?”

“Chewing with your godsdamned mouths open.”

“Get up, clean myself up, eat breakfast, look out for jobs, eat lunch, prep for any jobs I need to do, eat

supper, go house raidin’, then hit the hay.”

“Uh… I’m good at figuring out if someone’s lyin’?”

“I tend to lean towards gettin’ more gil rather than what is morally correct.”

“I’d give myself a less shite outlook on life.”

“Introverted, but I don’t hate talkin’ to folks.”

“Well, I do mostly live in alleyways.”

“I’m good at cookin’, hidin’, and knife fightin’, meanwhile, I’m pretty shit at makin’ friends, decidin’ on

the small things, and lettin’ things go.”

“Honestly, not particularly.”

“The same ones I tell everyone else… The gil’s good.”

“I wanna be the one to put that bastard Brunwulk in his grave.”

“Still in Ul’Dah, still fightin’ these thievin’ arseholes, just hopefully with a roof and some people who

actually like me.”

“Old and quietly. I wanna pass to the next world as I pass through this one.”

“Hug my ma, send a letter to Marsa, and… I dunno, drink an ale? Find a lover… Nah, drink an ale.”

“Bein’ a damn good getter for those that need it.”

“Loyal, angry, and confident.”

“Sneaky angry bastard.”

Pal, buddy, friend, stop thinking about work or revenge and just go have fun.