A stranger to her own people (journal)

I can't believe this gift. The coat I bought is nothing compared to this one. Not only is it longer, but the many extra things that came with it take several minutes to put on in order. There was just enough time to repack and get comfortable with this new outfit before it was time to leave again and at a faster pace than what may have been needed. The hunting game was still on and any more time in Aleport would make it easier to be found. Not only that, but now somebody else was looking for me. Somebody who I'm not sure can be trusted.

Whatever waits ahead could be fun, at least for more adventurous types. I will keep the grimoire in hand as much as possible and stay close to Kaed and the chocobo with our things.

Somehow, Brom found us in the fog but ran off before saying why he was there unless what little he did say was it. Honestly, it's nothing new to hear how a mother worries about a child. It's what they do, isn't it? How would it be news when I have a linkpearl and heard her worries many times already? That man is a strange one, and stranger still to think I'm the one who went crazy.

• 2 weeks later...

~A couple of pages were carefully cut out and there are muddy smudges on the pages before and after. Whatever was written on the missing pages hasn't been copied to cleaner pages which go to other entries.~

Coerthas was every bit as cold as I'd heard and the ground fire shards were the only thing keeping me comfortable in the snow. The first stop was at some kind of night sky study where every part of the tower was dedicated to stars and all kinds of things that the scholars wouldn't talk about. A new friend came along for the walk and seemed to have fun wondering about what was being watched and why with my mentor, but had to leave before long. He was lucky to leave so soon before a blizzard formed and sat over the outpost until neither of us could be sure how late it really was. After some sleep, there was a very real chance of being stuck in with snow against the door.

There was much less snow than expected so we can go back to exploring and practicing.

Playing in the snow wasn't as fun as I had hoped even with the dragoons holding back the dragons. It was a little better to stay inside where it was warm and dry, but only for a few bells. I can't wait to get back to Limsa Lominsa and let my mother know everything is alright and tell her what snow is like. It's something she'd only heard of rarely and never seen for herself. Maybe I could make snow for her to see, somehow, with a little bit of thaumaturgy. How hard can it be to freeze mist so it falls like snow?

The carbuncle is losing some weight from running through the snow and chasing balls of snow being thrown. Once I'm sure there won't be any snow storms, I'll take to games of hide and seek with him to keep that nose sharp. Some commands will be practiced too so I don't have to pull him off of people so often.

I can't wait to see what the weather will be like tomorrow to start on this.