Characters in media that influence/are similar to your character!

Orlog

I'm drawing some big blanks here thinking about this but I think Jajara's got a bit of John Aversin from Barbara Hambly's Dragonsbane in her. He was a bit of a bumpkin that ended up being given lordship of the desolate north after doing something nobody else could do just because he had to. While Jajara isn't about to go doing any of that, parts of her personality echo Aversin's: both are humble, salt of the earth types who are often dismissed as bumbling bumpkins. Both strive for goodness but are still very much aware of their own weaknesses and shortcomings. Both have dealt with abusive or neglectful parents/guardians, but both strive to better themselves because of it.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again: Fenenoix, but in more complete form:

The Tenth Doctor

tumblr_m52d2igQW61r3nkzc.gif

Kinda silly, takes most things in stride. Enthusiastic, with a really compassion towards people.

Mixed with:

Wheatley.gif

Let's face it... Fen rambles... and sometimes, he's an idiot.

And some of:

tumblr_m75uaxf7nv1qklrzno4_r4_250.gif

Fen kinda draws on Ed's snark and his bouts of immaturity. Of course, as soon as crap hits the fan, it's on. (The swtor version of Fen even had metal limbs, though the similarity wasn't intentional.)

Astrid is mostly influenced by...

57822.jpg                                                                                                                        Utena from Revolutionary Girl Utena

And a little bit by...

xena.jpg                                       Xena from Xena: Warrior Princess

And some of:

Fen kinda draws on Ed's snark and his bouts of immaturity. Of course, as soon as crap hits the fan, it's on. (The swtor version of Fen even had metal limbs, though the similarity wasn't intentional.)

tumblr_lq73phmq6y1qenphao1_500.jpg

"You are useless to me." - Siobhain

And some of:

tumblr_lq73phmq6y1qenphao1_500.jpg

"You are useless to me." - Siobhain

tumblr_inline_mjbogal3I21qz4rgp.gif

"I see. Suddenly, the river is looking interesting, again." -Fen

I often meld two or more characters that inspire me for background then build up their personality from there. With FFXIV, I like to take certain Square properties and real world personalities.

Suisei'to Ohki: Is my intense character. He has a very specific goal in mind and works tirelessly for it. He's also sarcastic, rude and straight to the point. He has little care for others as long as he gets what he wants.

For inspiration I pulled from Kain Highwind (FFIV) and CM Punk (WWE)

Armin Whiteblade: A fun loving gambler, accomplished bard and a decent merchant. Armin gets buy with a silver tongue and luck, giving him a much more care free personality.

For inspiration I pulled from Setzer Gabbiani (FFVI) and Nathan Fillion

Alwind Ryder: A young Paladin from a long line of Sultansworn, Alwind is trying to find his place in the world. He takes immense pride in his father and mother's accomplishments and has taken to the new way of the Sultansworn: Going freelance. He roams the countryside trying to come to terms his responsibilities, his hormones and the nagging intelligent sword of his father's blade.

For inspiration I pulled from Frog (CT) and Harry Dresden (The Dresden Files)

Being a sarcastic dick who likes to make snarky comments from the sidelines, Aerius is very reminiscent of Wallace Wells from Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. 'Cept he ain't gay.

452x254http://i.imgur.com/gZbWMdd.jpg?1[/img]

He also really enjoys pushing people's buttons and getting on their nerves, which is a trait I've seen a lot in Jim Halpert from The Office.

eLgod.gif

This character is way too much fun to play.

Well, this one is easy enough since I just posted about it in my introduction. He is a traveler and deal maker with a flare for the dramatic.

He is two parts :

402x503http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/25800000/Rumpelstiltskin-once-upon-a-time-25823037-600-750.jpg[/img]

One part:

tumblr_lkqgjgW8dO1qfkaqso1_500.gif

And One Part: Priest of Nald'thal

696x393http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120722092260/finalfantasy/images/f/f6/FFXIV_Nald%27s_Reflection.jpg[/img]