The art of Distraction: Keeping yourself busy till phase 4

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swimming of course, It's July!

That said I hate having tan lines so lately I just hide inside with the AC on and play Animal Crossing. Then as it turns out you get tanned in there too.. no place is safe!

I feel this pain so keenly. I'm staying inside baking cookies and playing Guild Wars 2. Also work. Siiiiiiigh.

Taking my impatience/rage out on innocent Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 players....Watching Anime by the season..Recreating my character's appearence/race in my head over and over again..I think you get the point.:frustrated:

I've got tons of RP I'm still doing in TERA, and that keeps me busy for like six hours a night. In addition to that and working on my backstory and lore, I'm also writing a Monk guide (which I could use feedback on or questions for), helping get the Unity FC ready to push PvE content, getting the site for the CRA LS set up. And, oh yes, working (but not getting paid, lol).

Essentially, I'm digging as far into FFXIV as I can without actually having access to the game while still trying to do everything I knew how into it I'd end up getting. lol

Aside from lurking 'round the forum, I've been trying to get ahead of projects at work, so that I can reward myself with a short, but much needed break when ARR finally releases.

My DS has been getting a workout lately too, because Etrian Oddessy IV is the bee's knees.

Lastly, I've been trying desperately to put together some semblance of cohesion (story/looks/attitude-wise) for my character before Beta 4, since I wholeheartedly admit that I still have no bloody idea what I'm doing.

Rp on Skype, Shadowrun Returns, Pay day 2 beta, talking to people on Skype and dog walking!

What kind of dogs do you have? :surprise:

I have a Border Collie and an Aussy.

They are awesome, but my aussy is a pain in the butt still.

I have one dog called Dagur and he is a Beegle.

slGft.jpg?1

Dogs!

p6cEoF5.jpg

Rosetta Stone Japanese, and recovering from surgery :dodgy:

Get well soon!

The campaign editor for that game seems quite flexible, though it's kind of obscure and hard to get used to it. Thankfully, there's a wiki for it already, so we should start seeing lots of custom campaigns soon enough.

What I'm doing until ARR arrives is playing Rogue Legacy and Killing Floor.

Rp on Skype, Shadowrun Returns, Pay day 2 beta, talking to people on Skype and dog walking!

slGft.jpg?1

He is adorable xD my collie is a medium sized dog, maybe a bit bigger than him, but somehow he still curls into a tiny little ball when he is sleeping. It is crazy o_O

Bouncing between two jobs takes up most of my time unfortunately - and when I DO have freetime, it's spent trying to get Cima's wiki done and over with (so I can move on with my life till p4 and actually play a fucking game). I tend to doodle and brainstorm character concepts during my workshifts though... as well as bugging coworkers for their opinions on behaviour and history ideas. They think I'm odd. :D

Have been watching South Park and Attack on Titan recently... a coworker keeps bugging me to play Kingdom of Amalur... uuuhhh... tried to set up a lan-game thingie with Civilization last weekend but didn't work, so we played Titan Quest and then Worms. Harassed orphan kittens yesterday! By harass I mean trip them out with my sneaky, slidy, pouncy, grabby, poky digit-monsters (fingers). But yeah, unfortunately that taboo-four-letter-word is consuming every waking hour of my life. All work and no play makes for a not fun Kitty Wizard.

It usually goes in this order...

1. *Stare at the Aion icon. Remember the grind. Move on.*

2. *Stare at the Tera icon. Click on it. Catch myself at the launcher and exit.*

3. *Log into GW2. Immediately remember there's nothing challenging anymore. Log out*

4. *Log into SWTOR. Think about working on the video project I have going. Eh, it'll wait till tomorrow. Log out.*

5. *Log into Mass Effect 3. Play a multiplayer match or two. Get bored and log out.*

6. *Check if there's any new FFXIV news.*

7. *Go watch netflix or hulu.*

Rinse and repeat about every 5 hours.

slGft.jpg?1

Dogs!

p6cEoF5.jpg

Get well soon!

Awwww, da beagles! 

Whiskey is my Beagle. Her and I go for a four mile walk atleast twice a week. We're gonna work her belly off. 

IMG_0965_zpsd195240d.jpg

YES!

I have a Japanese Rosetta Stone..but I barely ever use it. I have all four levels too. -_- I should really use it more often.

:( It is hard to do when I have no one who knows Japanese to talk to. And I understand Japanese wayyyy better than I can speak it.

YES!

I have a Japanese Rosetta Stone..but I barely ever use it. I have all four levels too. -_- I should really use it more often.

:( It is hard to do when I have no one who knows Japanese to talk to. And I understand Japanese wayyyy better than I can speak it.

Well, if anyone ever wants to if someone said "The policeman is eating" in Japanese...I'm the one to ask :P Although I have to say, I do find my ears perking up more and more often as I'm watching anime, as words are used that I actually recognize...must be doing something right :thumbsup:

YES!

I'm actually using Japanesepod101.com.  Got a really good deal on a long term sub.  I need to use it more just calculus tests and bonus dev projects have been stealing away my time.