The art of Distraction: Keeping yourself busy till phase 4

I kinda wanted to find one ICly instead of just joining one that seems good and making an IC reason for my character to join, you know?

It shoots myself in the foot at the same time, though. I'm in RP withdrawl.

Same here! I'm unsure of what kind of Linkshell my main character would join anyway, so I'll let the actual story decide that for me when the game starts (>_<;

In the meanwhile, I've tried to get some work done. Also played Phantasy Star Online 2 (for an hour), Aion (for 15 minutes), and now I think I'll go back to Skyrim *sweatdrops*.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, Dark Souls. I had to uninstall it because apparently my GPU is crap and the game isn't very well optimized.

I'm playing Kingdoms of Amalur instead, now. It's less difficult and, in ways, much less satisfying. However, I never had any framerate issues and never had to ragequit because the particle effects were dropping me to 7 FPS.

I was going to try Mercenary Kings, because it looks like Metal Slug and Monster Hunter combined, which are 2 game franchises that I love.

...then my isp blocked steam's ip... now I do nothing and it seems like this will be going on untill phase 4 has already started...

As for Dark Souls, tried it, got to Quelaag before my first death, then quit because everyone called me a liar when I wanted to brag and I saw no point in playing it aside from bragging rights, or I burned out, I'm not sure, but I think the vain reason sounds more likely.

I'm also one of the surprisingly (to me anyway) small amount of people that actually really liked Kingdoms of Amalur.

Dark Soul is indeed the hard game everyone says it is.

Man I love Dark Souls, the instant I played it a huge nostalgia bomb hit me and I felt like I was a kid playing the PS1 again. The thing is, Dark Souls is hard for a modern game, but I didn't find it half as challenging as loading up the original Silent Hill or Resident Evil again. Games have definitely become a lot more forgiving the last decade, which is awesome because it has made them a lot more accessible, but at the same time completing them is kind of 'okay cool, next game pls' (or at least they don't give you thumb blisters *cough*Guardian Heroes*cough*).

However with Dark Souls, when I mastered counter attacks as a Knight or finally killed a boss with a slice of my life still intact, the overwhelming feeling of accomplishment I found is indescribable. I think that's why it makes me feel all nostalgic, because it challenged me to the extreme and made me feel epic for overcoming those challenges, just like a lot of 90s games I played as kid. I mean sure I died and it was frustrating, but the game definitely rewards you from learning from your mistakes.

That or I'm just a masochist :cactuar:

I kinda wanted to find one ICly instead of just joining one that seems good and making an IC reason for my character to join, you know?

It shoots myself in the foot at the same time, though. I'm in RP withdrawl.

Same here! I'm unsure of what kind of Linkshell my main character would join anyway, so I'll let the actual story decide that for me when the game starts (>_<;

In the meanwhile, I've tried to get some work done. Also played Phantasy Star Online 2 (for an hour), Aion (for 15 minutes), and now I think I'll go back to Skyrim *sweatdrops*.

I have been dabbling with Aion and Rift over the past myself. But like you, I can barely put in about 30 mins on Aion before quitting. 

Been catching up on old episodes of Running Man and Cinema Snob has been my main distraction so far though.

Have been considering buying the Ducktales remastered game but with things looking to pick up a bit next week plus ARR coming out, been hesitant on getting it just to have it "gathering dust".