PC is completely good for launch(new hardware installed)

I was running a solid gpu before hand, even scored High on the exploration benchmark at around 4757

My new 7970 GHz arrived today, while i cant really judge the true performance difference based off the benchmark and that it moved the score up to 6348 - Very High,

I'm even more excited for ARR now, cant wait to step into that gorgeous world again.

THis has just been a random post due to the joy of a new toy and further excitement for the game launch drawing closer slowly. :moogle:

Be sure and take some screenshots in phase 4 to capture all that gloriously glory! :P

In phase 4? pff u kidding, I'll be taking screen shots from Phase 4 well on into and past launch lol. I am sad i may have lost my 1.0 screenshots, had a few decent views. But U can bet I'll be taking fresh ones to commemorate my return AND the new gpu lol

Running the benchmark on my desktop caused it to crash every time. After a little investigation and downloading some monitoring software I found my CPU was idling at 80 degrees Celsius on the Windows desktop with no programs running.

So yay!! New hardware for me too. (It's not as exciting when it's a heatsink and fans though.)

Running the benchmark on my desktop caused it to crash every time. After a little investigation and downloading some monitoring software I found my CPU was idling at 80 degrees Celsius on the Windows desktop with no programs running.

So yay!! New hardware for me too. (It's not as exciting when it's a heatsink and fans though.)

But its exciting in that it means ull get to play the gorgeous FFXIV ^_^

My old rig Green Goblin was able to handle the Benchmark pretty easily, though nothing spectacular. He chugged a bit on 'High Desktop' settings, though. I never really tried Maximum.

Then, I decided to just bite the bullet. I scraped together some money, and had a more suitable machine constructed for me. Then we set it up and ran the benchmark again, at max settings, and well...

Benchmarkscore.jpg

We've decided to name this rig "Beast" ^^

My old rig Green Goblin was able to handle the Benchmark pretty easily, though nothing spectacular. He chugged a bit on 'High Desktop' settings, though. I never really tried Maximum.

Then, I decided to just bite the bullet. I scraped together some money, and had a more suitable machine constructed for me. Then we set it up and ran the benchmark again, at max settings, and well...

Benchmarkscore.jpg

..Did you happen to forget to un-minimize the client? xDD

Welcome to the 7970 club! I present you the honorary dance of our people as we adopt you as a full member of our society. Enjoy gaming on Maximum now!

:cactuar::cactuar::cactuar::cactuar::cactuar::cactuar::cactuar::cactuar::cactuar::cactuar::cactuar::cactuar::cactuar::cactuar::cactuar:

:cactuar::cactuar::cactuar::cactuar::cactuar::cactuar::cactuar::cactuar::cactuar::cactuar::cactuar::cactuar::cactuar::cactuar::cactuar:

Benchmarkscore.jpg

..Did you happen to forget to un-minimize the client? xDD

If you mean my screen size, no... I just have a really pathetic monitor. It's the next purchase on the list.