Rate the person above you's name

I use the full name Quaraunt Imarin Baenund (Ku-waar-aun  EE-maar-inn BAY-nn.OOn-duh  The full stop in his last name being a short pause) Pulled from a mixture of French folklore and Ilythiiri.

Admittedly, French isn't my subject/language but I'd say it sounds/reads fairly french enough for me without being too over the top, though with some of the pronunciation sounds, I'm guessing that comes from the Ilythiiri and folklore roots? I'd give it a 7.5/10. Well done!

Sidenote: It was a good derail you guys! :D

My character's name is Zarek Windsoul (Za-rek Wind-sohl). Given his mixed heritage I smashed together a name that took a little from both Highlander and Midlander naming conventions.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My character's name is Kayle Vaughn Delwyn.

I love the flow of it, though the Vaughn/Von part of it makes it a bit silly-sounding. I'm not as familiar with Hyur lore as I am with, say, miqo'te or elezen, but does roll off the tongue nicely and such. 8/10!

My main character's name is Antimony Jhanhi. The first name is a recent change after fleeing her tribe unable to face the continued reminders of the mate and children she lost in the calamity. Her original name was K'piru Jhanhi.

[edit]@entropyrat: Oh you.

My main character's name is Antimony Jhanhi. The first name is a recent change after fleeing her tribe unable to face the continued reminders of the mate and children she lost in the calamity. Her original name was K'piru Jhanhi.

I love it, both the former and current name. You provided an excellent reasoning for the change and it works both ways from a lore perspective. 10/10.

My main character's name is Selsix Viedeces. (Sell-Six Vee-Ehh-Dih-Sees, Duskwight Elezen)

I love it, both the former and current name. You provided an excellent reasoning for the change and it works both ways from a lore perspective. 10/10.

My main character's name is Selsix Viedeces. (Sell-Six Vee-Ehh-Dih-Sees, Duskwight Elezen)

8/10, Surname is a bit of a mouthfull.

My character is Xha'li Moui.

10/10

It sticks with the convention. And Its just super fun to Say!! Though dont try to say it three times fast or you will get tongue tied! :)

Abaigeal Causland

10/10  It flows very nicely and has a very Hyur ring to it.

My main character's name is Morelle Noire ( Moh-rehl N-war) literally meaning Nightshade.

My main character's name is Morelle Noire ( Moh-rehl  N-war) literally meaning Nightshade.

10/10!

Very Elezen-sounding!

How does it mean Nightshade though? I know Noir is black in French... (Noire for the female version)... amusingly similar to my own Elezen's name.

Now I have a bunch of alts, but the name I want evaluated is my main Miqo'te girl: Azyria Ziada.

Back in 1.0, all I knew was Miqo'te names were short and often had Z's in them, among other letters. o_O

Bonus names if you feel like it:

- Jeanette Lenoire (Elezen, actual French name, instead of just French-sounding :P)

- Agata Blysstahlwyn (Roe Sea Wolf, meaning Amber daughter of Steel Blossom, I looked it up)

- Helene Duval (also French, but it's for a Midlander Hyur)

Now I have a bunch of alts, but the name I want evaluated is my main Miqo'te girl: Azyria Ziada.

Back in 1.0, all I knew was Miqo'te names were short and often had Z's in them, among other letters. o_O

Bonus names if you feel like it:

- Jeanette Lenoire (Elezen, actual French name, instead of just French-sounding :P)

- Agata Blysstahlwyn (Roe Sea Wolf, meaning Amber daughter of Steel Blossom, I looked it up)

- Helene Duval (also French, but it's for a Midlander Hyur)

10/10! I really like Azyria just in a general sense. It's quite pretty and definitely (to me) sounds Miqo'te-ish. I could definitely see it being the name of a NPC standing around town, so it fits in my mind!

Jeanette Lenoire - 10/10 - I like it! It definitely fits all the points of an Elezen name.

Agata Blysstahlwyn - 9/10 - Agata is beautiful. Blysstahlwyn is a bit of a mouthful imho, but it still fits the bill in any case. :)

Helene Duval - 10/10 - Beautiful name and the surname sounds very Midlanderish.

----------------------

The name I'd like to be looked over is Anselm Graybringer, a male Highlander. You can rate Eve Nightingale as well if you like (a female Highlander) but her surname intentionally strays from the lore-friendly naming conventions (Hint: It's not her family name, just one she gave herself to break away from her family!).

Not holding back and expect the same treatment.

Anselm Graybringer - 5/10 I love the name Anselm, it sounds masculine and unique. Graybringer sounds a bit forced and reads as a slant to an evil/selfish alignment.

Eve Nightingale - ??? Can't really give it a score.

With the context that she gave it to herself than it works and can work pretty well. It definitely doesn't read as natural and I think that's in part from using two words that both have an image or a story associated with them.

Aight... Hit me.

Kran Beyhrus - Female Roedagyn

Kran Beyhrus - Female Roedagyn

A solid 7/10. From first glance it appears to follow the proper naming scheme, but it's a tad on the masculine side. I also feel it's a bit, dare I say... Bland? For lack of a better word.

Not trying to offend by any means, it just feels a bit generic. Still though, it's a very good, solid name.

A solid 7/10. From first glance it appears to follow the proper naming scheme, but it's a tad on the masculine side. I also feel it's a bit, dare I say... Bland? For lack of a better word.

Not trying to offend by any means, it just feels a bit generic. Still though, it's a very good, solid name.

I like your name a lot. As far as I can tell it follows the naming conventions and it doesn't really stumble when trying to pronounce it either, so it flows very nicely. I'll give it a solid 9/10.

As for me it's a female sea wolf, name is Elilgeim Rostnswerdwyn for now, though I'm thinking of changing the surname because I'd like it to roll off the tongue easier.

I like your name a lot. As far as I can tell it follows the naming conventions and it doesn't really stumble when trying to pronounce it either, so it flows very nicely. I'll give it a solid 9/10.

As for me it's a female sea wolf, name is Elilgeim Rostnswerdwyn for now, though I'm thinking of changing the surname because I'd like it to roll off the tongue easier.

Wow, that name is a mouthful, but that's how Roegadyn roll with their names, so I'll give it an 8. :thumbsup:

My guy's full name is Hofello Tornello.

My main character's name is Morelle Noire ( Moh-rehl  N-war) literally meaning Nightshade.

10/10!

Very Elezen-sounding!

How does it mean Nightshade though? I know Noir is black in French... (Noire for the female version)... amusingly similar to my own Elezen's name.

Not trying to derail, just answering a question. "Morelle" is the part that actually translates into "Nightshade" in French. So my name would translate into Nightshade Black.

9.9/10 here since it does follow naming the name convention, though as most people would complain, it is a mouthful and hard to pronounce. Overall, great job!

Might as well give this a go...

My SS Miqo'te female: T'kyiah Soren

My DW female: Chiané Naevioux (of the N'Ardenté Clan)

Notes:

* pronounced: she-an-AY Nah-voh (nard-Doh)

* Chiané, I admit, was inspired by Chani from Dune *shrugs*

* Naevioux is a play off of Nouveau, meaning new... which is a surname she gave herself to protect her clan

* N'Ardenté is a smoosh of Nuée Ardente- which is a geological phenomenon. Literally means 'glowing cloud' but is specific to the destructive cloud of superheated ash, debris and so on produced by a volcano

Might as well give this a go...

My SS Miqo'te female: T'kyiah Soren

My DW female: Chiané Naevioux (of the N'Ardenté Clan)

Notes:

* pronounced: she-an-AY Nah-voh (nard-Doh)

* Chiané, I admit, was inspired by Chani from Dune *shrugs*

* Naevioux is a play off of Nouveau, meaning new... which is a surname she gave herself to protect her clan

* N'Ardenté is a smoosh of Nuée Ardente- which is a geological phenomenon. Literally means 'glowing cloud' but is specific to the destructive cloud of superheated ash, debris and so on produced by a volcano

T'kyiah Soren - 7.5. The first name is awesome and fits the lore, but the last name sounds very bland to me.

Chiané Naevioux - no points for making me use a special character! D: Nah just kidding, I'd say it's a 6. It's a good name, but it doesn't look like it's pronounced the way you explained it, at least to me. It looks like the last name would be pronounced "NAH-eh-Vioh" or "NAY-vioh" and the other last name would be "nar-dahn-TAY."

But then, I'm not French.

I expect all of you to tear my names a new one, so if I get any pansy reviews I'm going to be sad.

Mali Boodscythe - is a Seawolf Roegadyn using a pseudonym. Her real name is Skaenwyda Ganzsaldwyn. Roegadyn names sure are a mouthful. :P

Tivahlt Grimmgeist - is a Moonkeeper Miqo'te from a far off land, with a name that is so lore-breaking it hurts. But I love him all the same~

Kadezan Kanazan - is a Dunesfolk Lalafell and THE MOST ADORABLE CHARACTER I HAVE EVER MADE. :D He's so cute and tiny I just want to squeeze the life out of him.

Mali Boodscythe - is a Seawolf Roegadyn using a pseudonym. Her real name is Skaenwyda Ganzsaldwyn. Roegadyn names sure are a mouthful.

I like the name Mali, but I'm confused by 'Boodscythe'. I guess you typoed and really meant 'Bloodscythe', in which case the words Blood and Weapon Name are clichetastic. On the other hand: it is a pseudonym, so it's fine as a mercenary name, where Blood + Weapon Name is probably a tradition. It sends me the image of an over-the-top character in a comic book that dedicates her life to cutting people in half and laughing in the most villanous way possible.4/10.

For the real name, Skaenwyda Ganzsaldwyn, you used the Roegadyn dictionary, so you get bonus points for it being lore friendly! It also flows quite nicely. The meaning does not bother me as its something you'd expect parents to name their children. I would be very dissapointed if she had no bonus in her Luck rolls, though. 8/10.

Tivahlt Grimmgeist - is a Moonkeeper Miqo'te from a far off land, with a name that is so lore-breaking it hurts. But I love him all the same~

I can see Tivahit as a Miqo'te name. Grimmgeist loses points because it involves the word 'grim' camouflaged with an additional consonant. Even less points because geist in german means 'spirit', and combined with the previous word we end up learning that your character is surnamed "Grimspirit". This presents me the character as an anime sorrounded with drama an apathy. And also an in-universe young girl favourite. 4/10.

Kadezan Kanazan - is a Dunesfolk Lalafell and THE MOST ADORABLE CHARACTER I HAVE EVER MADE. He's so cute and tiny I just want to squeeze the life out of him.

A Lalafell? Automatic 9/10! With that name, he's fated to great things. Like getting eaten by an eft and bursting out of it with his bare hands a minute later. Also, ew!

-*-

The name I want slaughtered is Thiereia Elentre, a female elezen with a severe drinking problem.

The name I want slaughtered is Thiereia Elentre, a female elezen with a severe drinking problem.

I like that she has a severe drinking problem, hahah. I'll keep an eye out for her in game!

Personally I am not incredibly fond of the first name, but the last name is excellent. It doesn't crack open any lore-Nazi's faces so that's an added bonus. It has a great 'french' feeling to it.

Rating: 7/10

[align=center]~*~[/align]

Styrnacht Kestransyn a Hyur raised by Roegadyn.

BreakDown:

Styrn - Stars

Nacht - Night

:: Starry Night ::

Kest - Chestnut

Ran - Hair

:: Son of Chestnut Hair ::

Psuedonym: For a few reasons, the easiest and most obvious to assimilate to normal Hyur Culture, he has chosen to introduce himself as Sterne Evans to everyone else; essentially abandoning his given name.

Note:

Sterne vs Styrn both mean Star(s).

His given name was chosen by his adoptive father Kestran because he felt his bright blue eyes seemed to glow like stars in dim light.

Been wondering what some would think of this name for a Hyur.

My main's name is a Jehanne Navarre. It was the name of my old WoW warlock, and one I took from the daughter of a medieval French author. I've always liked it because it doesn't sound like cliched sorceress's name. More like a well-read young woman with ambitions that might get her killed. ;)

I've been struggling with the character creator, but I'm having a hard time settling on a look. If the name gives you a distinct visual, I'd be happy to hear what you see.

*Cut*

Yes, it was supposed to be Bloodscythe, I wrote that at 5 am so my proofreading was pretty much nonexistent. Sorry about that.

Also, the "Grimm" actually comes from the Brothers Grimm. I grew up on those stories and I based Tiv's personality on their recurring "optimistic and kind of stupid, but somehow finds the right solution" character type. I can see what you're saying, though.

EDIT: Navarre, I think your name is very nice. It rolls off the tongue fairly easily and I can definitely see a hyur having that name. It makes me think of a scholar from Ul'dah for some reason. 9/10!

EDIT EDIT: Sterne, I like your name a lot too. xD the first name especially looks and sounds very cool. I'm not sure where he got the "Evans" from for his pseudonym, though. Sterne makes sense for obvious reasons, but Evans just doesn't seem to fit. For the real name, 8/10. For the pseudonym, 6/10.