Rate the person above you's name

(I would rate the last poster, but the last poster didnt give a name)

I give the name of Jehanne Navarre a 9/10 as well, It works really well for a Hyur (I hope female :P) and party people can just call you Anne hehe

I dont know what name i want fully, So ive got two names to pick from.

Im going to make a Roegadyn Sea Wolf. Im contemplating from the names of Ostyrsthal Fyrentsyn(Eastern Steel, Son of Fire End) or Varon Devori.

I just dont know :/

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(I would rate the last poster, but the last poster didnt give a name)

I give the name of Jehanne Navarre a 9/10 as well, It works really well for a Hyur (I hope female :P) and party people can just call you Anne hehe

I dont know what name i want fully, So ive got two names to pick from.

Im going to make a Roegadyn Sea Wolf. Im contemplating from the names of Ostyrsthal Fyrentsyn(Eastern Steel, Son of Fire End) or Varon Devori.

I just dont know :/

...I love the first name, cause it's got SO much going on. 8/10. The second one doesn't sound like a Sea Wolf name to me, but it's stil nice. We'll go 5/10. Though, I'm not sure on their naming conventions.

Now, I have a name-question, since I've already been rated.

Been thinking Kaln might not be an Elezen, because I don't like how they stand. Kaln might just be a Miqo'te.. So, I've been trying to come up with a last name for Kaln.

Now, Kaln is, for lack of a better term, a bastard. He was born outside of the tribe, raised out in the middle of Thanalan untill.. Like, somewhere between 7-10. He, as a character, isn't even sure how old he is because it was never tracked when he was younger. He makes a rough estimate. 

So, anyways. I need a last name for Kaln. I know the conventions say he should be Kaln Tia.. But is there anyway I can get away from that? I don't like the way it sounds.

So, someone lend me a hand here. Maybe a nickname for him.. Something based on the fact that he, for all intents and purposes, raised himself.. Or maybe on his penchant for enjoying the simple act of fighting.  If someone's willing to brainstorm with me and throw words at me untill I say "OOooo, that one!" toss me a PM? I don't want to spam up the thread TO much. >.>

I'll toss out the two names I have decided upon so far...

Tomas Colyer - A Midlander Hyur

Iitryo Pipitryo - A Dunesfolk Lalafell (So far this one has given me the most trouble, so I'm hoping I screw up big)

Been experimenting with a Migo'te in the character creation, but he's on hold until I get these two fleshed out.

I'll toss out the two names I have decided upon so far...

Tomas Colyer - A Midlander Hyur

Tomas Colyer has an awesome ring to it! 8/10 Direct and straight to the point! 

While I do like my first name of Judeau, I'm iffy on my last name: Thunderclout. I love how powerful it sounds but am unsure if it fits a Midlander ._.

I give Judeau Thunderclout a 9/10. Sounds fine to me, although the first name doesn't sound quite like the typical highlander name. That is perfectly alright though, as many will diverge slightly given how multicultural Eorzea is.

Well, I've got a bunch of variant names for the lalafell I will be playing, but here are three possible names I came up with after quite a bit of thought. 

Momoji Momochi

Momosake Momosuki

Momosu Momochi

The first one involves a play on words. Momo is Japanese for peach, which is in reference to my Lala's peach blonde hair and peachy skin color. Moji is Japanese for writing and mochi is a Japanese rice cake. The first name refers to his scholarly nature and the last name is a cute moniker. 

The second name combines Momo with sake, standing for the alcoholic beverage of the same name, and suki which means "love." The name is an overall reference to him being sweet and caring, but also unpredictable. 

There was one other variant name, "Momosu Momochi", that I came up with due to my character having a love of small, furry rodents from a young age. Mosu is a butchering of the Japanese pronunciation of the English word "mouse." That particular character also has the whisker paint on.

Heya!

IMHO Momoji Momochi sounds cute, very Lalafell-like! :thumbsup:

(and have a very bubbly, chubby, bouncy feel to it)

If I may offer my opinion, I think it sounds better if you omit one "-mo" from the first name, so it becomes either "Mochi Momochi", "Moji Momoji", or "Mosu Momosuki", well you got the idea. :D

wasn't sure what race you are, so didn't want to rate the name:

I am Nako'li Chalahko - Keeper of the Moon

Na-ko-lee Chah-lah-ko.

come at me bro.

*comes at you* :dazed:

Oof. That was dumb. Anyway, I like, especially the assonance of the As and Os. It's fun to say.

I am not a fan of the Lalafell names BUT that one made me chuckle so I'm gonna give it a respectable 6.5

ffxiv2013-08-0423-35-38-21_zps162073ef.png

Hayden is my name, Roegadyn Hellsguard. Miner by trade. Last name is not so important! We forge our own destinies! 

Then we have...

ffxiv2013-08-0311-50-14-50_zps8b4ea61f.png 

Emily Azeiel Kamba.

Highlander Female, Culinary artist and Monk

Tralala Trala... Plainsfolk Bard 8-)

Huh? No two-face face paint this time?

You're going incognito again? :D

Let's see...

A: "Hey, B, what's the name of that bard again?"

B: "Tralala Trala".

A: "I'm serious, B".

B: "Tralala Trala!".

A: "B, stop singing, your singing sucks! What's the bard's name?"

B: "Tra-la-la-Tra-la!"

A: "You're asking for it!"

*RP fight ensues.

---

Cute name, Tear. Has a vague (or not) feel of trolling too! 7.5 out of 10.

Would you consider Shalala Shala too? That tone is often used where I live instead of the "western" Tra la la :D

Hmm, what pet critter from final fantasy would the name Punpun best fit? I'm already going to call my chocobo Chocoboki. :P

I'm thinking a pet mandragora ATM.

Yeah, I know it's kinda unrelated.

Btw, I love Tralala Trala! 10/10

Your name reminds me of Mimosas...if I didn't know any better I'd think you were trying to get me drunk! :P 8/10 2 points deducted because now I want to get drunk at 9am in the morning.

Kind of bending the purposes of this thread, but I really need some help here. ;~;

My first name is staying, because no u can't have it. (and it really isn't inappropriate for a keeper, so myeh~)  But my last name is driving me MAD.

Before learning that there were naming conventions beyond "fantasy sounding" I had originally named her "Proust" because it's nice, short, solid, and I liked what it did to my mouth when I said it.  But after looking at the Keeper's naming traditions I knew that wasn't going to fly.  

I tried playing it off in her backstory, but it just became too dramatic for how I like my backstories. :T

So I ask you, members of the RPC, can you help me pick a new last name that is not only lore friendly, but fun to say, matches my given name, short, and all around adorable?

I've been toying around with Tirahlo (teer-AH-lo), but I'm not 100% sure yet.

Moon keeper names are hard. ;~;

^

Would you care to share if you have any personal preferences? Certain vowels maybe? Certain letters or its combination? What do you want the first letter be for example? 

I think to know more about your preferences would help the rest to make any incoming suggestions much more accurate rather than a spray and pray :D

If it's Tir-something, how about putting a "C" in it somewhere? I personally think the letter brings out adorable-ness :D

--Tir-imca, Tir-atcha, Tir-enca, Tir-michi, Tir-chata,

So I ask you, members of the RPC, can you help me pick a new last name that is not only lore friendly, but fun to say, matches my given name, short, and all around adorable?

Maybe you can try going with something that rhymes! That was my tactic with "Yin-ee Kin" anyway—and for the same reasons!

Feel free to give my name a ten, everyone! I won't mind!

I guess Meia Sunstrike is next?

Its a cool name, 8/10. Ah hell, I'm feeling generous, so I'll give it an 8.5/10 =p

I like the spelling and shortness of the first name, combined with strong sounding last name.

Okay, I've already had Isielin's name done, so I'd like to hear opinions on my alts;

My female highlander Ioshi von Silver

and my Keeper of the Moon Nica Locke

My female highlander Ioshi von Silver

and my Keeper of the Moon Nica Locke

Hmmm... A German name is a good fit for a Highlander, but I might have gon for a more German spelling for the last name. Silber perhaps? 8/10

Assuming your Keeper is female, Nica Locke is a good name. It follows the convention, first and last name are short, one or two syllables, and it has those hard consonants that seem to crop up so often in miqo'te names. 10/10

Here are mine:

Hirilonde Turuphant - Male midlander hyuran. Paladin.

Isilme Turuphant - Female Seeker of the Sun Miqo'te. Hyuran raised. Paladin (Does not meet naming convention by design)

M'ahayi Sodachi - Female Seeker of the Sun Miqo'te.

8/10 only because the lat name doesn't seem as powerful as the first.

Whoever comes after this post, don't rate my name!!

Anyhow, just wanted to say all male Seeker Miqo'te have  the last name Tia (most common) or Nhun (if they're a breeder male) :D

Males do not take family names, as they are each considered the ‘origins’ of new families. In place of a family name, they are given a title that denotes their tribe, and their position within it. For a male Seeker of the Sun, there are only two positions available—breeding males (nunh – pronounced ‘noon’) and all others (tia – pronounced ‘tea-ah’). All males are born as tia. At any time in their lives, a tia can challenge the tribe nunh to battle. If the tia is victorious, he takes the nunh’s place as tribe breeding male (until he is challenged and defeated), and the nunh becomes a tia once again (if he survives the ordeal). This is done to ensure that the tribe’s offspring are of the finest stock. Depending on its size, a tribe may have multiple nunh (a ratio of one nunh per ten to fifty females is average).