Another Enters the Fray

Well, figured I should make one of these threads as well, though I'm not really good at introductions. Learned out about the coalition while trying to find lore to flesh out my character's back story. 

Started playing MMOs with WoW around 2 months after it first released, and it was my go-to MMO until the end of Wrath of the Lich King. I've played quite a lot of MMORPGs since then, but the only ones I've played for a significant amount of time were Guild Wars 2, AION and TERA. 

I haven't really been much of an RPer in a while, the only RP I've done in an MMO was for about 2 years in WoW back in vanilla. After that the most I've had is a little bit in TERA recently, and I have played a little bit of DnD. A lot of my friends from TERA are moving to FFXIV with me and are into RP, so I figured this would be a chance for me to see if I would like to get back into it. I'm aiming to be a medium roleplayer at most probably, but I tend to try and do it properly and be consistent with lore when I do RP.

I'll be playing on Excalibur since that's where my friends are, but I've met a lot of nice people that are going to be on Balmung so at the very least I'll have a secondary character there as well, they're also the people who told me about this site.

Currently I'm still working on a backstory for my character and have changed it heavily to work on consistency with the lore and story, so I don't really feel comfortable to post much about my character yet, though the basic jest of it is she will be a former street urchin taken to traveling with a friend getting by as con artists. I'm trying to work her story to fit her being a summoner but really she might end up a pugilist since it fits in better.

Ended up writing a bit more than I planned, but I don't really tend to be very active on forums in the long run. As for my real life it's not that I have a problem with talking about it, but I'm a completely bland and uninteresting person.

Well, with all that said and done, nice to meet you~

As a fellow newbie with a similar background I must say...

:moogle::moogle::moogle::moogle::moogle::moogle::moogle::moogle::moogle::moogle::moogle: WELCOME!:moogle::moogle::moogle::moogle::moogle::moogle::moogle::moogle::moogle::moogle::moogle::moogle:

The community here is great. The game hasn't even launched yet and everyone is super accommodating and inclusive. You should feel right at home, I know I did.:)

Hello, and welcome!

I think the notion of an arcanist as a thief works really well. You could distract the merchant while your carbuncle (or better yet pixie) sneak around and take a pie or trinket. Summoner pets like Ifrit don't strike me as the stealthy types, but carbuncle and faeries certainly could.

Hello, and welcome!

I think the notion of an arcanist as a thief works really well.  You could distract the merchant while your carbuncle (or better yet pixie) sneak around and take a pie or trinket.  Summoner pets like Ifrit don't strike me as the stealthy types, but carbuncle and faeries certainly could.

Oh, I quite like that idea. For some reason the idea hadn't struck me at all, but that works nicely without having to rewrite it too much.

Thank you for the welcomes~