A welcome post after much procrastination…

Hello!

I’ve been lurking around the forums for a while and (still riding the rush of actually finishing a wiki entry for my main character) I decided to make this Welcome Desk post!

And now my bona fides…

I’ve been RPing since I was 15 which means that I’ve beendoing this… *counts on fingers*  Hm.  Let’s just say I’ve been doing this for more years than I have fingers to count on. 

I got my start in Vampire the Masquerade LARP or as my group approached it “The Godfather with fangs.” 

The majority of my gaming experience is with table-top gaming, which I still very much enjoy.  I began playing MMOs and doing MMO RP shortly after City of Heroes launched and have been hooked ever since.  My CoH super group was heavy RP and one of the largest in the game. It was a great experience.  

I have played City of Heroes/Villains, World of Warcraft, EverQuest II, The Secret World, The Old Republic, and ARR Beta. 

I am excited about this game and this community!  From reading many of the posts this seems like one of the most mature groups of RPers I’ve had the pleasure to be around.  I am really looking forward to the start of Beta 4 and RPing!

Ooohhh, Masquerade live action role play :surprise: !!! I'm sure it had to be seen to be believed :D

Did you ever try role play in The Secret World? I sure wish I could love that game more...it deserves more love than it gets, I think :(

Welcome to here, though. Do you have any ideas on a character yet? If not, and given your previous gaming proclivities, might I point your way towards the Duskwight Discussion thread? You may be glad you did 8-).

Good luck, and I hope to see you in game :thumbsup:

Actually this game has inspired many character concepts.  Too, too many.  The one that will likely be my main to start is a Wildwood. 

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/wiki/index.php?title=Eamont_Desormaux

*fixed the link

But I typically have a main and a secondary..or more.  I'm a bit of an alt-aholic. :blush: 

And if your interested in a LARP and your local gaming Con does one, go and give it a try!  My SO and I have run several Con LARPs and we often get first timer LARPers.  Some of them even joined our monthly game they liked it so much.

Actually this game has inspired many character concepts.  Too, too many.  The one that will likely be my main to start is a Wildwood. 

http://http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/wiki/index.php?title=Eamont_Desormaux

Boo- hiss icky Wild Woods! Sic 'em Isobeau and Selsix!!!

And if your interested in a LARP and your local gaming Con does one, go and give it a try!  My SO and I have run several Con LARPs and we often get first timer LARPers.  Some of them even joined our monthly game they liked it so much.

Mmmm... speaking of Cons...

AWESOME LARPing goes on at Comic Cons... haha!

I would have given my eye-teeth to jump in on the Vamp vs Wolf IC Masquerade fight that happened in San Diego CC several years back. Was awesome looking fun as they stalked and fought eachother in the hallways... hehhe

Did you ever try role play in The Secret World?  I sure wish I could love that game more...it deserves more love than it gets, I think :(

I did and the RP part was fun.  I am big fan of modern and sci-fi games.

I also found the game very innovative in plot, character design, and combat mechanics.  However, the lack of variety in progression through the starting zones got a bit boring for me. I found myself at a point where I didn't like the gameplay for my characters and the thought of going through Kingsmouth again was too much.

Still though I think the game has a lot of great aspects.