Heyy! Kind of new to RP

Malfice

Hey! I've dabbled a little with RP before, in GW2, but real life ended up taking me out of the game (Having kids destroys any and all time ever) and I couldn't go back when I started to have time to play again! :( But, I pre-ordered FF last night, and would love to get into the RP community! 

So, hello all! ^^

Thanks for the welcome everyone :) I was wondering if anybody knew of a good resource to learn some Lore? Coming into this knowing nothing and want to learn as much as possible before I get into the game!

Edit: Thanks for the video, must have posted at the same time! Going to read through that guide book now! :)

Thanks for the welcome everyone :) I was wondering if anybody knew of a good resource to learn some Lore? Coming into this knowing nothing and want to learn as much as possible before I get into the game!

Edit: Thanks for the video, must have posted at the same time! Going to read through that guide book now! :)

You are most certainly welcome ^_^

Hey! I've dabbled a little with RP before, in GW2, but real life ended up taking me out of the game (Having kids destroys any and all time ever) and I couldn't go back when I started to have time to play again! :( But, I pre-ordered FF last night, and would love to get into the RP community! 

So, hello all! ^^

Welcome welcome!  I can completely empathize as I'm married with 3 amazing step-kids, and they take up a lot of my free time.  Alas, I haven't been able to get the older one's into MMO's just yet, but there's still plenty of time ;)  You found a great site here with lots of awesome people, ope to see you in game.  Next beta is so close... :bouncy:

Welcome to the RPC! I hope you have fun when when your time allows you. I can understand how being a parent can take up time but I'm sure when you have some free minutes to yourself you'll be on here getting yourself all prepared for launch. Have fun :D

Nel, that video of yours is actually super informative. You should see if you can get that sticky'd here in the Welcome Desk. I'd vote for it.

Also, WELCOME! TO THE SEVENTH BASTION OF HELL! My name is Selsix and I'll be your waiter (of death) this evening.

Ah, a young and malleable pawn -- I mean, welcome! We're full of helpful and friendly folk, as you can tell by the thread. A good amount of lore can be found on the Wiki link at the top of the page, but as they say, learning is doing and there's nothing wrong with waiting until you're in the game to soak up what's there! Which is a decent amount, at least for whatever you end up choosing as your starting region.

So, hello all! ^^

Welcome! :) 

So many new faces these last few days!

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=3371&pid=42189#pid42189

Here is a link to a collection of guides/useful sites that I have set up for new arrivals. It should help you with character development and hopefully answer any questions you might have!

Enjoy!

New to RP?!? Everyone throw your tomato's at em! We don't want you here!!! :x

I kid, I kid! Welcome! There is a mentor program going on here still (I think) where someone can show you the ropes and give you a run down of basic information. I can't claim to know everything as I really didn't pay attention to much lore in 1.0, but I know enough to get around and will be more than happy to help you out. We can either message here or I can send you my information to talk on Skype if you have any questions :D