The Screenshot Thread [Tag Your Spoilers]

Figured I show off some screenshot edits that I did over the past couple months of my main and alts. I really have a thing for banners for some reason. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

tumblr_otrxc14Ixy1tht0hxo1_1280.png

tumblr_oinn2hoyZX1tht0hxo1_1280.png

tumblr_otlzgsEoHo1tht0hxo1_1280.png

tumblr_or96jtZjBS1tht0hxo1_1280.png

I also have a thing about the character being off center.

Thinking of taking a screenshot a day in an effort to improve. This time something more IC.

Od7G5yJ.jpg

Ugh, I'm starting to hate how this hairstyle looks in screenshots but she kinda has IC reasons for it. Also, anyone else wishing there was a Chocobo barding that was just really simple stuff like saddle bags?

Also, anyone else wishing there was a Chocobo barding that was just really simple stuff like saddle bags?

Sephirot Barding is the superior barding. Always. It's the only way for our chocobos to be buff. I'd use it in-character if I could.

022bcb02ca.jpg

But yeah, the super elabourate armours and stuff are cool in-game, but I wish there was something more practical.

Anyway, on a more on-topic note, I've been trying and failing to get the hang of /gpose.

I really wish there was a feature where you could control the time-of-day, at least cosmetically. Waiting twenty minutes for daytime just for a screenshot is kind of a drag.

Otherwise, yay particle effects!

lpW0eWC.jpg

Sephirot Barding is the superior barding. Always. It's the only way for our chocobos to be buff. I'd use it in-character if I could.

Whoa. Nuh-uh. My chocobo is the prettiest and nobody is convincing me to change her.

MDV8R7g.png

Even if you were onto something there I have a lot of Sephirot related rage. PUGs are colorblind.

Anyway, on a more on-topic note, I've been trying and failing to get the hang of /gpose.

I really wish there was a feature where you could control the time-of-day, at least cosmetically. Waiting twenty minutes for daytime just for a screenshot is kind of a drag.

I played a match on a certain Blizzard game while waiting for day to get the above screenshot, waited a couple minutes for bad weather to change, then realized after uploading it that I forgot to put my graphics on max before taking it. Needless to say I said screw it and left it as is.

I'm simultaneously loving and hating it saving actions. It's great when you want it but if you didn't want an action and just summoned your chocobo you gotta freeze it at just the right time.

Ugh, not pleased with the quality of this one. I am pleased with the fact I have a short story for it. Debating making an IC journal for that stuff but I'm waaay too insecure about the quality of my writing to share that.

mOHENEQ.jpg

... You know, there's a type of screenshot I haven't seen in ages around here.

xmkcvLJ.png

TLTjNxy.jpg

HbCllYG.jpg

AFK-catcher screenshots. Finding someone AFK (or AFK crafting) and just taking a screenie of them, usually from a goofy angle. Quite difficult from the low-camera angle of a Lalafell without aid of a mount or something similar.

Obviously, it isn't something that shouldn't be done all the time - it'd be kinda rude to the "catchee" if they start feeling like they have to always been on guard to avoid being "caught" - but they were something I remember enjoying back in the earlier days of the RPC (when it was all in good fun, of course). I remember a few folks having a sort of competition going on with trying to catch each other in increasingly out-of-the-way spots. Good times.

Anyway, I have taken a few such shots - though not nearly as many as were taken back during the hay day of such things - so have a Sounsyy (from back during Early Access even!), Delial Grimsong, and a Zhavi.

Ack, the quality of the screenshots seemed to drop again. Seeing that pixel-y artifacting like stuff on my character again.

I had to wait a full in game day for this. I got there about the right time but the weather was terrible so I had to wait for the time to roll around again. I also had to turn gpose off for this one because it was blurring the background and I wasn't sure how to make it stop doing that. Not sure which angle I like better so have both.

rA0tFBy.jpg

8289oTT.jpg

This is another one that has a story though it's probably better to have her tell it than it would be for me to try writing it up. She will have a reaction to this memory.

shoryuken the moon

*snip*

damn you moon

I always thought that was a solar eclipse but now that you point it out it looks like the sky might be too dark? The heck is going on in the Bowl of Embers? I blame primal nonsense.

shoryuken the moon

*snip*

damn you moon

I always thought that was a solar eclipse but now that you point it out it looks like the sky might be too dark? The heck is going on in the Bowl of Embers? I blame primal nonsense.

punching a solar eclipse sounds cooler but punching the moon sounds dumber and funnier

don't trust the moon

Today was stressful. Tried writing and while it was good to get out of my head and into my character's I ultimately scrapped the whole thing because I'm my own worst critic. Back to taking less serious screenshots!

pGA8oZB.png

I figured out which gpose option was making the background blurry! Also, why can't we have bare feet? Why do we have to have sandals?

ruNHkl8.jpg

I highly doubt anyone will get my little lizard to actually do that but she's kinda cute, if I do say so myself.

• 2 weeks later...

Some screenshots time!

I thought I'd post some of Nabi's adventures.

AK7CFyM.png

A hunting we will go! The chaochu should be around here somewhere...

Plv6kPa.jpg

"How the hells does something that big get so quiet?"

"Perhaps you simply didn't hear it, with that helmet."

xw7l8p0.png

The ride back was no less harrowing.

q33Yluu.jpg

But all was well, when she returned to her favorite place in all of Kugane.