Haven't Pre-Ordered Yet? Grab a copy from Amazon for $29.96 with $10 total credit

Ellie

I'm guessing most of you have already gotten your Pre-Orders out of the way, but if you haven't, Amazon has a promotion going for their Final Fantasy XIV PC Download where you can get $5 Amazon Store credit and $5 Amazon Digital Games credit. (Note, the promotion is only for PC Digital Standard and Collector's Editions, although there is also a $10 Amazon credit promotion going for the PS3 Standard Edition.)

Amazon has great deals going on all the time, even in their digital games section, so it's hard to think of Amazon credit as anything other than a good deal, even if you don't plan on using them right away, they're good for a year so you're bound to find some use for them.

There was some concern about the Pre-Order codes not going out, but I have it on authority that that issue has been fixed. The Marketing Manager for the Digital Team has made a thread on the FFXIV subreddit if you have any concerns.

Also, if you've already preordered the digital SE or CE through Amazon, you'll automatically get the extra store credit from the promotion, you don't need to do anything further.

~Ellie

I've been wondering...For those of us who already have a copy of the game...can we somehow preorder? Especially if we're thinking about upgrading to CE? I know SE is coming out with a service center that will have the SE -> CE upgrades, but it's slated for launch...

I've been wondering...For those of us who already have a copy of the game...can we somehow preorder?

I was curious about this, too, but it doesn't look like there's a way short of preordering the PS3 version.

As much as I like the Cait Sith doll and the Mog Cap, I'm not going to blow $40 on an extra copy of the game I won't use just to get them.

I WILL blow $20 on the digital collector's edition upgrade stuff, though.

I know I've seen people ask this question a million times, but I can't find it on Google or searching the forums. :(

How do I do the digital upgrade to CE if I am a 1.0 player? I didn't subscribe long enough to get legacy, but I know I don't have to buy the game all over. I just want the upgrade.

I know I've seen people ask this question a million times, but I can't find it on Google or searching the forums. :(

How do I do the digital upgrade to CE if I am a 1.0 player? I didn't subscribe long enough to get legacy, but I know I don't have to buy the game all over. I just want the upgrade.

More than likely, they'll announce when you can upgrade your account to CE some time in the future.

I know I've seen people ask this question a million times, but I can't find it on Google or searching the forums.  :(

How do I do the digital upgrade to CE if I am a 1.0 player?  I didn't subscribe long enough to get legacy, but I know I don't have to buy the game all over.  I just want the upgrade.

More than likely, they'll announce when you can upgrade your account to CE some time in the future.

It's on the product website, actually;

** The Collector's Edition digital upgrade offers customers the ability to upgrade their standard FFXIV account to digital Collector's Edition status via the “FFXIV Service Center” website that is scheduled to be opened at the launch of official service, which then grants the in-game bonus items included with the Collector's Edition. Customers in possession of the Collector's Edition for either version 1.0 or A Realm Reborn will receive these Collector's Edition items without needing to purchase the upgrade. ( http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/index.html )

Just to back what was on the Reddit thread, Amazon is sending out codes. It states it won't send them till the 20th, however I got mine within a couple of hours last week. We just can't enter them on Squeenix' website just yet.