Procedures during Periods of High Congestion

http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/110532-NA-Procedures-during-Periods-of-High-Congestion-%28Aug.-21%29?p=1337525&viewfull=1#post1337525

NOC_NA

We are expecting major congestion during the period starting with the Early Access on Aug. 24, 2013 at 2:00 a.m. (PDT) leading up to the official game launch on Aug. 27, 2013 (PDT).

If a large volume of players attempt to login to the game simultaneously, certain players may receive the following message: “This World is currently full. Players in queue: ##.” If you receive this message, we ask that you please wait until your login is processed.

In addition, in order to avoid server congestion related issues from multiple characters concentrating in the starting areas, we may implement restrictions on logins and/or the creation of new characters for a period of time after the servers open to the public.

We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

Well, I was already expecting this in the first place, I appreciate them at least giving a notice ahead of time since it was pretty much guaranteed that they would be swamped.

I'll probably just get up for when the servers do, do my darndest to be one of the first people in, and then not log out again untill things stabilize.

I just hope they stop doing the stupid thing of disallowing the creation of alts when a server is "full". Not letting players who are already on the server create alts doesn't really do anything to help their congestion. >_>;

This so much. I'm very worried about my poor alt and I wanted to play her during early access. If only I hadn't had to remake her back in P4, she'd be alive by now ;_;

At this point, I'm not even getting a queue.  It get "We're full.  Come back later."

=-.-;=

Could be worse.

I got a queue.  When I hit the end of the queue, I got "World is full, please try back later" and got booted back to the start screen.