Just something that amuses me but...What is the obsession with Carbuncle?

I'm a huge fan of pet classes in MMOs and Carbuncle from other FF games, so naturally when I read "Summon" and "Carbuncle" on the class description, I had to roll one. This was before I learned you can actually have your Chocobo fight for you in later levels mind you, but I ended up liking the class enough on Phase 4 to keep playing anyway. And so I got stuck with it!

Summoner was always Kylin's main IC class/job, even in his FFXI incarnations. I was disappointed that I was forced into black mage in 1.0 due to summoner not being released yet.

That said, it irks me that the class is so insanely popular. It just kind of kills the novelty of it all for me personally. I actually boycotted playing it since early access for that reason :lol:. I only recently said screw it and started leveling it, finally realizing that I didn't want others deciding whether I had fun or not.

The other thing that irks me on the RP side would be the ones who use Carbuncle as a "pokemon. Just a personal thing though, and I wouldn't write off anyone playing the whole "Carby is my living breathing pet" angle. But as a warning, if Kylin sees that IC, he WILL make a snide comment about it being just an aetherial construct/tool :angel:

Personally, I think Carbuncle is cute and all, but I see it more as a way to get the cooler summons once I become a summoner. I hope Shiva will be in the game soon, as she is my favourite summon!

I have always been a fan of summons and I've always picked the class in any MMO I've played that had summons, such as the Warlock in WoW and the Spirit Master in Aion. I've actually never really played much of FFXI, so never got to play a summoner in that game, but it's the job I'm aiming for in this game. ^^

I can tell you th reason I am playing it is because I want a pet.....  I like having an animal companion and I tend to incorporate it into a lot of my characters.  I want to be an archer but I also want the pet sooooo, idk what to do about it xD.  Also I really want to start over in Limsy.  So kinda stuck with it xD

Im re-rolling in faeri tonight so i may roll up a new archer there.  But I really want to do the limsy quest line and I really like the area....  Is there any way to just do all of the cities start quests?

I only recently said screw it and started leveling it, finally realizing that I didn't want others deciding whether I had fun or not.

And that is why I'm a playing Miqo'te!

Besides, I had a blue-haired one before it was cool. 8-)

Also while I love the Summoner endgame outfit, I want to play a Scholar more... T_T

But I'll probably end up doing both. Eventually.