Garston's Hunt/Asdrellia's Story - (attn: Driftwood Coast members)

Garston sat in his study, a glass of wine in one hand and a book in the other.  It was a boring day, nothing special happening in the least.  He stifled a yawn, balancing the book on his knees.

The door to his study swung open, and the highlander looked up, anger on his face.  "Knock before you -- Gaardal?"  Garston watched as the other of his trusted men limped in, carrying a large pile of armor.

"Garston.  I apologize for being late."  Pain laced his words but he hid it well.  Placing the armor carefully on the elaborately decorated table in the room, he sat heavily on the couch across from it.

Garston's gaze moved to the two arrows that stuck out from the man's right leg, swiftly moving over to pull a rope, the bell ringing in the distance.  "Gaardal, what happened?  Tharzton will be here shortly to heal you."

Gaardal nodded, retelling the tale of what happened after he walked Garston back to his home.  After a time Garston raised a hand to stop him.

"What ... what happened to Kayle?"

The door opened to let an old man in healers garb enter, Garston pointing to the injured highlander on his couch.  The healer moved to Gaardal silently and went to work as the two talked.

"The fool boy came too close.  I grabbed him by the throat.  I saw the fear and shock in his eyes when I took him with me to Black Brush."  Gaardal growled from the pain as the healer removed the arrows.  "When we came to solid ground again, I threw the boy into the dirt.  He tried to crawl off, call for help.  He didn't get far."

Garston sat back down in his chair, nostrils flaring.  His breathing quickened as he waved Gaardal to continue.

"I gave him a solid crack across his face.  Heh, stopped his bleating quick.  Then a dagger to his chest stopped it all together.  When he hit the dirt, I removed the armor he wore to give to you as a trophy, sir.  Kept the pearl he wore too.  Last I saw, his weak blood was helping some weeds grow out in Thanalan."

Garston, groaned, eyes closed.  Yes .... this day just got better.  Ecstacy ran through him, and he forced himself to calm.  "You ... you have done well, Gaardal.  You brought me the name of Ophianne's killer, you bring me news of breaking Kayle, you brought me back my property, and now a trophy."

The highlander roared with laughter.  "A celebration!  I shall have a celebration tonight!  Gaardal, have this armor displayed prominently in my large ballroom.  Do not clean it.  I want it as it is."

Gaardal nodded, the old man finished his work.  He tested his weight on his leg as he stood.  A small twinge of discomfort, but nothing he couldn't handle.  "As you command, sir."  Picking up the armor carefully, he turned to leave.

"One more thing, Gaardal.  Make sure Asdrellia is kept quiet.  I know of how she can commune with the elements.  I want her silenced and submissive until she is shipped off tomorrow."

"Yes, sir."

Garston watched his man leave and he smiled.

Yes.  Today got much better indeed.

The room was small, possibly used as storage.  She laid on an old bed with a threadbare sheet and pillow.  No windows let any light in, except for a lantern sitting on the floor by her head.

She felt empty and alone.  They had given her something to numb her mind (possibly somnus) as she could not hear or sense the elementals no matter how hard she tried.  Even the connection with Amaare was silent.

Curling into a ball, the threadbare sheet over her, her mind wandered back to how she got here.

~~~~~~

She was relaxing in her room at the inn.  It was a beautiful day, and she took a few moments to read a book.  That was when the door to her room flew open, and she looked up.

Kayle was standing there, breathless.  He strode over to her, worry in his eyes.  "Elli!  Here you are!  Are you all r --"

His words were cut off as the door slammed.  Kayle spun around and was faced with four Brass Blades, their weapons drawn.  She screamed, flinging her book at one of the men (which did nothing except ruin the binding) and went to summon a gust of wind (Aero II) to help her.

One of the men staggered back, but the others rushed forward.  In such a small space they had the upper hand, and they swung at Kayle, knocking him to the ground.  She let out a shout this time, readying another white arte.

Something was over her mouth and nose.  Her mouth would not move, her arms feeling like heavy weights.

The cloth was soaked ...

She was paralyzed, helpless, watching as the three Brass Blades beat and struck at Kayle who desperately tried to fend them off.  She could hear him shouting her name, telling her to run ...

Until he fell silent.

Tears slipped down her face as she saw Kayle slumped against the wall, bleeding but alive.  The three Brass Blades turned to her with a grin.  The one by her side moved behind her and held her hands, while two others had a rope and a large sack in their hands.

She screamed.  But no one heard her as it was in her own mind as everything went black.

~~~~~~~~

The door to her "prison" opened, and Garston strode in with two of his men.  They stood in front of her and smiled.

"Look at you, my dear.  I told you I will come after you.  I always get my stolen property back."  Garston reached down to stoke her hair softly.  Her stomach lurched, but she was too tired, too numb to move.

"Get her ready for the trip.  We don't have much time.  I won't let this slip through my hands again!"

The two men nodded, pulling Elli to her feet, tying her hands and gagging her mouth.  She swayed as she stood, but they kept her upright.

Garston stroked the side of her face.  "Yes, you will make a perfect slave for them.  Would do those bastards right when they hear of how you are being beaten and humiliated by a bunch of beastkin, while I rest comfortably at home, counting my gil."

He leaned over and kissed her passionately and she could do nothing by cry.  And he did not care.  Standing once again, he waved his hand and she was dragged off, her own screams echoing in her mind.

This takes place after Gaardal is captured but before Garston is killed.

Raku - Raku crouches on the rock, a stern look on his face, he rips the hem of his blade, scanning the area with his dark, midnight blue eyes "Damn..."

DM - *a small party begins to leave from Ul'Dah, five guards half dragging a bound and gagged woman*

Raku - "E-Elli!?" He draws his blade, and jumps from the rock, his necklace swinging freely.

Guardsman(1) - "Hurry up!  Them Amaalj'aa won't wait forever.  Garston needs his money now."  The guards laugh as they pass in view of Raku, he plainly seeing Elli who is tied up*

Raku - Raku glares, still running a drop of sweat travels down his brumal skin "Oi! Before Garston gets his money you're gonna have to deal with me!"

DM - *the group of men stop for a moment at the shout, and one turns as Raku comes into view*  "Looks like we have someone who wants to play hero.  You two, with me.  Get that woman out of here!"

DM - *the three guards stare down Raku, ready to stall the man as long as they can*

Raku - Raku smirks slightly, though his eyes keep checking on Elli, concerned at the speed she is travelling out of view, he starts running at the three guards; preparing to lunge at the man in the centre of the trio.

DM - *The middle guard raises the shield he carries, seeing as Raku focuses on him.  The two at his side ready their bows*

Raku - Raku continues sprinting, when he was within a few metres of the three he rased his blade "Flash!" A strong light emited from the point of his blade.

DM - *the three guards were taken by surprise, and they all grabbed for their faces, rubbing and clawing at their eyes*  "Kill him!  Stop him!"  *the guard int he middle shouted, and one of the archers let loose an arrow haphazardly*

Raku - *The arrow hit Raku on his left shoulder, his dark blood travelling down his torso for a few seconds before turning to ice, he let out a slight groan and jumped in a attempt to kick the swordsman in the middle; while hitting the others with his fists.*

DM - *still being blinded, the guard takes the kick to his shield, staggering backwards and falling to the ground.  One archer is stumbling around, shaking his head, giving Raku free reign to punch the other archer, and he drops his bow*

Raku - Raku clasps the handle of his blade with two hands, bringing it backwards before lunging it back out, in a lunge at the guard on the floor.

DM - *the guard grunts, the strike hitting him square in the forehead.  The blow knocks him out for the time being.  One of the archers regains his sights*  "Surrender, fool!  Garston will be lenient!"

Raku - "Why would I ever surrender while a member of the Coast is in his dirty hands!?" He touches his necklace, his longsword changing into a aeolian scimitar, he points it towards the archer "You're gonna be sorry for what you guys have done to Asdrellia!"

DM - *the archer is taken abak a moment as the weapon changes before his eyes.  Surprise turns to anger*  "Sorry?  You should be sorry for interfereing with something that is none of your business!"

DM - *he drops his bow to use the short sword at his side, jabbing at Raku*

Raku - "Tch... Asdrellia ain't anyone's business... Certainly not that Bast??? Garston's business!" Raku swung the scimitar in an attempt to throw the guard's attacks off.

DM - *the sound of metal striking each other is heard as the archer parries the scimitar, stopping his advance*  "That woman is rightfully his.  But you fools stole his property and he wanted it back!"  *the archer feints to his left, before trying another jab at Raku's side*

Raku - *The shortsword cuts Raku's hip, he reaches for the archer's head, swinging his blade at the guard's neck.

DM - *moving from the outstretched arm, the archer ends up moving into the sharp scimitar, the blade cutting through his weakly protected neck.  He gurgles, hands at his throat as he falls to the ground*

DM - *there is only one other guard left, the other archer pointing his arrow at Raku shakily*

Raku - Raku winces as the man's blood lands on his chest, he then turns his glare to the one remaining archer "I'm not fond of death... so how about you run over to Garston and tell him that Raku says hi..?" He said with a smirk.

DM - *the man stares at Raku a moment before throwing his bow down and running as fast as his legs could carry him into the city.  With the guards dead or unconscious, Raku finds himself alone, the only thing he knows is Elli was carried off towards Scorpion Crossing with the two guards that were left*

Raku - Raku raises his free hand up to his linkpearl situated in his ear."

((The below conversation is over the company pearl))

"Raku Kirigiya",""Guys..." Raku said, panting."

"Arry Dresdyn","Oye, lad, wha' is it?"

"Raku Kirigiya",""I know where they're taking Elli... I just fought three of Garston's goons... head to just outside the gate of Sultana...""

"Adolar Stone",""Are you alright? You sound exhausted.""

"Arry Dresdyn","Aye, lad, on me way."

"Raku Kirigiya",""I let one man go... I have another dead and one unconcious...""

"Adolar Stone",""You've found their location? I'll try to make my way there as well!""

"Kayle Delwyn",""Raku..*cough* make sure you don't go it alone.""

"Raku Kirigiya",""Aye... Seems they're taking her towards Scorpion Crossing...""

((The group gathers where the defeated guardsmen are, one dead, his throat slit, the other unconscious))

"Myria Morningstar","Arry ?"

"Arry Dresdyn","Myria, all, lass."

"Arry Dresdyn","*allo"

"Myria Morningstar looks at Raku. "Did you get mugged ? Where is the rest of your clothes ?""

"Raku Kirigiya","It-It's warm...."

"Arry Dresdyn","Wha is this abou' Elli?  DId ye find her?"

"Raku Kirigiya motions to the two men laying on the ground, one with a slit open neck."

"Raku Kirigiya","They're takin' her to Scorpion Crossing I think..."

"Arry Dresdyn surveys the scene, noting the dead body."

"Arry Dresdyn nods to Raku Kirigiya."

"Adolar Stone runs up to the group panting heavily. "Is everyone alright? What's happening here?""

"Raku Kirigiya picks up one of the guards by the collar "This one can be taken for questioning...""

"Myria Morningstar","Raku just nailed one of Gartson's goons."

"Arry Dresdyn","Raku 'ere thinks he knows where they be takin' Elli."

Guardsman - *the guard groans as he is partly lifted by Raku*

"Raku Kirigiya reaches up to his upper torso, snapping a arrow that is lodged inside of him."

"Arry Dresdyn","Tell us  wha' happened, lad."

"Myria Morningstar","You all look like you have this covered."

"Raku Kirigiya rubs the back of his neck "Basically... I was sat 'ere on this rock and I saw Elli tied up, about five guards or so, three of 'em broke off from the rest of the group and went to fight me, one a gladiator... the two others were archers..."

"Arry Dresdyn nods to Raku Kirigiya."

"Arry Dresdyn","Go on."

"Raku Kirigiya","They got two hits on me... one on my hip, another on my upper torso."

"Raku Kirigiya","Though they've iced over so it won't get infected."

"Arry Dresdyn","Did ye see where they took the lass, exactly?"

"Adolar Stone",""Uh oh. I still hope you get those checked by a healer. Those types of injuries can get serious very quickly.""

"Raku Kirigiya","So yeah... Scorpion Crossing is our best bet... though we'll need to give it time before we put any plan into action..."

"Arry Dresdyn","Aye, let's find Desmond, and get this info to Kayle."

"Raku Kirigiya shrugs at Adolar Stone."

"Arry Dresdyn","Adolar, do you know where we can find Desmond?"

"Raku Kirigiya","Why not contact him by linkpearl?"

"Arry Dresdyn","The pearls 'ave been compromised.  It appears Hext 'as one o' them."

"Adolar Stone",""I'm not sure exactly. Last I've seen him was on the day Kayle was attacked...he was planning something at the time and said that he might be targetted next by Garston's men...""

"Raku Kirigiya","Aye... that's true..."

"Adolar Stone gazes upon Raku Kirigiya in deep reflection."

"Raku Kirigiya","I'll go check on Kayle... What shall we do about these two?"

"Arry Dresdyn","Leave 'em te me.  I will burn the dead bodies.

DM - the guard on the ground blinks, reaching for his sword"

"Raku Kirigiya","No... it'll probably be wise to question this guy... he'll know some things too"

"Adolar Stone",""Wait, Arry? What do you mean 'bodies'? There's only one dead person...""

"Arry Dresdyn fires a bolt of fire at the guards head, making it two bodies."

"Raku Kirigiya flinches at the fire, staring at the burning body in fear "I d-don't like fire...""

"Arry Dresdyn","Aye, lad, the livin' very rarely do."

DM - the guard screams, being silent as he lays limp"

"Adolar Stone gasps falls backwards towards the ground as the fire bolt hits the guard. "Arry! What in the hells are you doing?!""

"Arry Dresdyn","Ye did good t'day.  Go check on Kayle.  Adolar, see if ye can get a location o' Desmond.  I'll clean up 'ere."

"Arry Dresdyn bows courteously to Raku Kirigiya."

"Raku Kirigiya holds his palm out, activating some sort of ice spell, putting the fire out."

"Arry Dresdyn bows courteously to Adolar Stone."

"Raku Kirigiya bids farewell to Arry Dresdyn."

"Adolar Stone stares at Arry in disbelief and then towards the two burnt bodies with his mouth hanging open a bit."

"Arry Dresdyn shrugs at Adolar Stone."

"Adolar Stone",""I...I'll do that, Arry...take care.""

"Raku Kirigiya","Alright... I'm off to check on Kayle..."

"Adolar Stone bows to Arry shakily."

Barnabaix knocked on Rendafels' door before walking in, followed closely by the boy's twin sister who balanced a try carrying a bowl of water, bandages, and jars of salve.  The butler pointed to the other side of the bed Rendafel laid in, the young master turning his head, smiling at his sister.

"Mae.  What are you doing here?  You should be at university."  Rendafel frowned lightly at his sister, his words sounding different since missing a tooth.

"The young mistress refused to go today, and Master Rillemont thought it best to ease her fears for you by having her stay by your side for the time being."

Rendafel groaned, looking at his butler.  "Fine.  But I do not have to like it."

Mae swatted her brother very lightly on the arm as she began to change the bandage on her brother's right shoulder.  She looked him over, and he seemed to be getting better.  The right side of his face was still a dark black and green color, a gash along his cheek.  She is happy all he lost was a tooth from that strike.  The injury to his leg healed well, the arrow being deflected a good part by the buckles on his pants.  She made fun of Rendafel's fashion choice, but it saved him that day.

The arrow that struck his shoulder was not so good though.  The healers said he may not be able to move his arm again, but she would not give up.  Her brother wanted to shoot a bow like Anne did, and she would make sure that he will.

"Young master, why do you not tell Miss Mae what happened?  She has been asking me but I thought it best to come from her own brother's mouth."

Rendafel nodded, turning to his sister as the elder elezen took a seat by the fireplace.  "It was glorious, Mae.  I shouted for him in Ul'Dah, calling him out.  I called him a coward, a weakling.  Let him know that Master Hext had him next on his list to silence."

"It was not long before I saw him.  He walked down the main street, looking around.  I kept in the shadows, then carefully followed him with the men Master Hext gave me.  Aryll tried to slip away in the marketplace but I would not let him, my men tailing him."

"Then we had him relax, as we 'disappeared' into the city.  He called for assistance over his pearl as more of those Drifters showed up.  I saw him pacing and looking around by the Weaver's Guild.  And I took the opportunity I was given."

Rendafel smiled, flinching a moment afterwards.  "I pointed to him, shouted his name.  He turned to me and I saw the surprise and fear in his eyes as Master Hext's men let loose their arrows.  Mae it was ... was ... I watched each one strike him.  They went through his armor.  Six arrows.  He crumpled to the ground.  I heard the shouts as his people surrounded him, but I knew Aryll could not live through that."

"The poison Master Wyght gave me is highly toxic.  It would burn him up from the inside.  I can just imagine his screams as he slowly dies and his friends cannot help him."  Rendafel's eyes closed as he laughed.

"It was a fight afterwards.  They came at us, and we fought back.  I took grave injuries but the task was done.  I struck a blow to Desmond Aryll just as Master Wyght struck down Kayle Delwyn!"

Mae smiled, laying a cool cloth on her brother's forehead.  "You are a brave one, brother.  Now rest.  I have changed your bandages and you need your strength."

Okay all, here is the part we've been waiting for!

I want to first thank everyone who came to watch or participate, and many thanks to Amalj'aa Warrior, Demitrious Alexander, and Gemmwyb Sundwilfwyn  for volunteering to be the guards and amaalj'aa for the story!

I think this went quite well.  We had a small but comfortable group and though hectic, we had fun!  If anyone was ignored or missed, I apologize greatly.

I learned alot from doing this and other events, so I hope future ones will be just as good or better!

Now sit back, and read the closing act of Garston's Hunt!

"Yell","","Raulin Broadbent:"Let's get this deal over with Amaalj'aa.  I don't want to be here anymore than you do.""

"Yell","","Amalj'aa Warrior:*growls darkly* You do not tell us what to do, Hyur. Be glad We do not simply take this woman and sever your head from your body"

"Yell","","Raulin Broadbent:*frowns*  "Fine fine.  You have the chests of gil, we have the girl.""

"Yell","","Amalj'aa Warrior:Yes. Here is your worthless gil. You petty lesser races and your need of curency."

"Yell","","Raulin Broadbent:"Garston Hext thanks you.  She has not been touched and will make a fine slave for you ... whatever you use them for.""

"Yell","","Amalj'aa Warrior:Yes.. The lord of the infero will be pleased."

((The group of Drifters and allies speed down the hill nearby and towards the small camp))

"Raku Kirigiya","Heheh."

"Amaare Margolis sends Braxas after the Amajaaa"

"A'venn Tia quickly gets into the brush, taking aim."

"Raku Kirigiya largens the small blizzard in his palm, glaring at the group."

"Loxus D'kurne pokes A'venn Tia."

"Khuja Aliapoh bows courteously to A'venn Tia."

"Loxus D'kurne fails to understand A'venn Tia."

"Amalj'aa Warrior growls darkly as the people approach "This deal was to be secret hyur!! We will have your head!" As the courl jumps at him his sword woudl be uptrust, attemping to impale the beast upon it"

"Raulin Broadbent",""This was not supposed to happen!"  *panics as the group of people suddenly appear*"

"You curse the Twelve."

"Raku Kirigiya","Heh."

"Demitrious Alexander smiles and licks his lips"

"Raulin Broadbent - The man grabs his head, shaking it violently as he screams "No no no NO!!  His deal cannot be ruined again!""

"Raulin Broadbent - He points "Stop them!  Kill them!  Garston will have his gil or he will have our heads!""

"Gemmwyb Sundwilfwyn flashes the group a wide smile and cracks her knuckles."

"Amaare Margolis - Braxas slashes at the sword with her tentacles"

"Khuja Aliapoh watches with her head tilted as she stands next to Ry."

"Raku Kirigiya touches his sword with his hand that contains the ice, a cold looking blue pulse sending through it."

"Raku Kirigiya smirks confidently at Gemmwyb Sundwilfwyn."

"Gemmwyb Sundwilfwyn flashes Raku a bright smile, her arms flexing, shifting back and forth with anticipation."

"A'venn Tia shouts over to Ry'ah, Khuja, and Loxus. "They've got Elli! We're here to get her back!" He tries to make sure only they hear it."

"Loxus D'kurne waves a hand dismissely at A'venn. "Could have said that sooner, was it that hard?""

"A'venn Tia","...Maybe."

"Raku Kirigiya 's eyes turn a glowing, light shade of blue "Ready when you are... Ms.""

"Raulin Broadbent - Elli has her robes removed, wearing a slave-like outfit.  Her hands and legs are bound as she is also gagged"

"A'venn Tia moves up to give his allies support."

"Loxus D'kurne waves to Solya Frost."

"Amalj'aa Warrior Hisses loudly like a lizzard as the courl slashes at him. His sword deflecting the first slash, a large hand reaching up to grab on the the tenacles as it approaches."

"Raulin Broadbent growls channeling fire in his hands and lobs it int he firection Desmond is at"

"Loxus D'kurne","Ry, Solya is here."

"Loxus D'kurne","Lets go to her."

"Loxus D'kurne","Cmon Khuja."

"Loxus D'kurne bows courteously to Solya Frost."

"Loxus D'kurne whispers to Solya."

"Gemmwyb Sundwilfwyn laughs loudly as she jumps towards the small male, quick on her feet she rears an arm back, aiming straight for his face."

"Amaare Margolis *Braxas having her tentacle grabbed uses the opportunity to attempt to bite the lizardman in the face since his hands are busy"

"Khuja Aliapoh bows courteously to Solya Frost."

"Desmond Aryll dodges to his right, rolling and coming up face to face with Demetrius."

"Raku Kirigiya quickly ducks, her hit knocking off his hat, he then slides to the ground, attempting to pull her over by the leg."

"A'venn Tia looks between Gemmwyb and the Paladin. He chooses to go after Gemmwyb as she has less armor than the Paladin."

"Loxus D'kurne","Umm.. Solya. Are we getting involved?"

"Desmond Aryll swings his scimitar in a downward motion directly at Demetrius' mid section."

"Adolar Stone looks at large crowd in front of him with wide eyes as he notices Desmond and the others battling the creatures. Immediately he pulls out his bow and aims towards attackers."

"Solya Frost nods softly to Loxus, putting a hand on the girl's shoulder as she draws her staff. She'd have to aim carefully. Of course, perhaps she might find herself a more opportunte use for her surprise... "Shh.""

"Raulin Broadbent glowers at A'venn, channeling a ball of fire and throws it at the miqo'te"

"Loxus D'kurne shrugs at Solya Frost."

"Gemmwyb Sundwilfwyn feels the tug on her leg, though it does nothing more than throw her weight forward.  She rolled on the ground, jumping back up, her eyes on the hat on the ground.  "That... will be your head next.""

"A'venn Tia blinks at the fireball. "OHOLY--!" He attempts to roll to his right, aiming and releasing an arrow at Raulin towards the end of the roll."

"Raku Kirigiya smiles widely gripping his sword with both hands "Good luck with that, have fun breaking my bones...""

"Khuja Aliapoh ears fall lopsided as she watches."

"Loxus D'kurne points at Adolar Stone."

"Loxus D'kurne","Thats Ado."

"Amaare Margolis comes at Raulin with Bootshine"

"Demitrious Alexander smiles at desmond "ready your firepoker flame neck it shall be poking no shine soon on you""

"Amalj'aa Warrior pulls hard on the Courl's tentacle, it being attached to it's face he pulls the jaws, just missing him by inches. He growls, the sword that he used to block quickly coming up to try and catch the courl's throat from below"

"Raulin Broadbent gives off a shout, a wave of fire catching the arrow in it's licks at the last second."

"Gemmwyb Sundwilfwyn",""Oohhh.. I will!"  She lunged forward again, hand reaching back, connecting solidly with his jaw this time.  Her eyes staying on his sword,"

"Khuja Aliapoh",""I know who Adolar is.. I met him through Zethie.""

"Amaare Margolis *Braxas slashes out  with her front claws"

"Solya Frost spies a chance. She releases Apocstatis to shield A'venn before flinging her own ball of fire at Raulin."

"Desmond Aryll 's scimitar bounces of the enemy's defenses. He comes around, using the backwards momentum to use a backswing aimes at the legs."

"Raku Kirigiya smirks, his skin flashes a light blue "Was that meant to hurt?" He quickly ran behind her, swinging the sword at her back."

"Raulin Broadbent staggers suddenly as his back is struck witha  few soldie blows, being blindsided."

"Amalj'aa Warrior hissing again as he is slashed, his hand releasing the tenacle before a ball of fire forms in it "Lord of infernos, give me stregth!" he yells before a large ball of fire shoots towards the coul's form at point blank range"

"A'venn Tia takes his chance with Solya's distraction and lets loose an arrow to cripple Raulin's right arm. He fires a quick-shot with no particular aimed spot for safe measure."

"Amaare Margolis *Braxas gets blasted back hitting a rock, she screams out but rolls over quickly using her tail as leverage, she also immediately follows up with a double tentacle slash trying to hit him"

"Gemmwyb Sundwilfwyn saw the flash of blue, her eyes narrowing slightly.  Ice... but even ice cracks under pressure.  Her eyes shifted from the sword just long enough for him to move behind her.  She followed the direction that his sword would be swinging, staying one step ahead, kicking a leg out and sweeping it towards Raku's knees."

"Amaare Margolis follows up with Twin Snakes as Raulin is dazed, a double fist strike to his back"

"Raulin Broadbent turns to see whatever hit him, throwing a wave of fire in a blanket around him.  The first arrow A'venn shoots is burned in the fire, but the second arrow strikes him as he spins, lodging in his left shoulder and he lets out a yelp"

"Amalj'aa Warrior parrys the blows with his sword, falling back. He takes the opprotunity of distance from the beast to point his hand up towards the miqo'te on the cliff. He roars loudly, shooting a large ball of fire at them"

"Raku Kirigiya quickly throws his sword in the air, jumping "FLASH!" The light bright enough to blind."

"Demitrious Alexander leaps over desmond's head flips in the air and lands behind him then taps him on the head with his shield "make your smiley face brown swords make my head holes leak""

"Gemmwyb Sundwilfwyn closed her eyes and averted her gaze.  She took a deep breath, her mind focusing on the sounds around her, blinking back the blinding light that showed even when her eyes were closed.  She listened in for Raku's movement."

"Amaare Margolis takes the hit from the fire he is singed but happy he wore his heavier armor he does give a yell at the heat "urgh!""

"Solya Frost sees the attention turned her her and she reacts quickly, forming the currents of Aether in front of her to shield from the thrown fire. She responds in kind, the already heated up air around her becoming more intense as she lobs a second orb of fire, at the Amalj'aa."

"Raulin Broadbent",""You can't have her!  No no no NO!!"  *the man is clearly insane, and starts throwing fire as fast as he can at Amaare, though his aim is not very good, being angry*"

"Desmond Aryll pulls a dagger from his waist while remaining low, "not only your head holes, my friend," he says before plunging  the dagger into the enemy's 

left calf."

"Raku Kirigiya jumps backwards, closing his eyes he shouts "Kori no rongusodo!" a large piece of ice extends out of his sword and towards the woman's chest at a great speed."

"Amaare Margolis uses Haymaker and kicks him directly in the jaw for another daze and hopefully hard enough to flip him over"

"Solya Frost",""Loxus. These people seek to sell our dear Ms. Pemberton to the Amalj'aa." She couldn't drag them  in, but they could certainly volunteer. She points. "That woman, there... see her?""

"Amaare Margolis *Braxas tailwhips the Amaj'aa as it tosses fireballs"

"Loxus D'kurne nods to Solya Frost."

"Raku Kirigiya","Yo! Instead of just standing there, mind lending us a hand?"

"Raulin Broadbent - The mage takes the boot to the chin, staggering backwards and falling over a rock.  He lays on the ground dazed*"

"Amaare Margolis walks over and curbstomps his neck"

"Amalj'aa Warrior actually laughs at the ball of flame, clearly not impessed, his hand outstreached still toward her. He unleshes another ball himself, the two meeting in mid-air in a dazzling display. He isn't prepared for the courl's assault thoug hand stumbles back, his chest bleeding from the hit"

"Gemmwyb Sundwilfwyn smiled as she heard Raku call out a spell, knowing that sitting still would result in nothing more than injury.  She rolled to the side as soon as the spell was finished, knowing it could not be redirected mid route.  She heard him call out to the others again, lunging now towards him, able to see his form, though blurred from her vision being compromsed.  She grappled him, pulling him down to the ground with her as she lunges."

"A'venn Tia switches targets once he sees the mage goes down. He lets loose a quick shot at Gemmwyb, hoping to help Raku with her."

"Khuja Aliapoh tilts her head but speaks quietly. She asks more for curiosity's sake unsure if she'll obtain an answer. "They are trying to sell someone.. Slavery?""

"Solya Frost cracks her neck and puts her staff back onto her back. "Oooh?" She dashes forward suddenly, leapingg off the rock as she draws a rapier from her side, the blade charging with electricity as she goes to stab for the Amalj'aa's heart. (EnThunder. <3 ))"

"Raku Kirigiya hits the ground, grunting "Sentinal." He muttered quietly, grinning as he hears A'venn's footsteps to the side of him."

"Raulin Broadbent he gurgles as the boot makes contact with his throat, trying to grab at the man's leg, lightning coursing over his fingers, aiming to shock the hell out of the man*"

"Gemmwyb Sundwilfwyn felt an arrow graze her side as she moved forward, taking Raku down with her.  A flash of fire on her side where the arrow pierced her skin."

"Ry'ah Zol steps back, not wanting to just stand there and do nothing. She closed her eyes, focusing. "Ifrit, time to show yourself!""

"Amalj'aa Warrior snarls at the woman as she approaches, but having her and the courl assaulting at the same time, he deftly moves to the side, attempting to get the two to stumble over eachother as they try to get to him"

"Amaare Margolis takes the lightning hit he growls and presses his weight on the man again happy for the thick armor he is wearing and thanking the gods its not metal"

"Raku Kirigiya closes his eyes and smiles "Nice try." he reaches for his necklace, clicking something, a scimitar appears in his left hand, he quickly swings both swords in a X formation, aiming for her chest."

"Solya Frost glances at the Ceourl and then back to the Amalj'aa, trying to get a flanking position on the man, with the beast."

"Demitrious Alexander pulls the dagger from his calf and licks it "the tasty red waters make the the neck spin pop and then its done" taking advantage of his opponents bewilderment grabs a fist full of Desmond's hair with his shield hand, cuts it off with the dagger, throws the dagger at the nearby cactaur, and throws his opponents hair into the air above them to rain down like confetti"

"Raulin Broadbent feels his vision blurring from lack of oxeygen and tries a last ditch effort ... the strongest sleep spell he could muster, gripping Amaare's calf to send it through him"

"Amaare Margolis",""Ye kidnap me wife as if I wasn't going te kill ye? I killed Imperials fer a livin, killin ye be quite easy it is, tell yer boss I'm comin fer 'im in the afterlife if ye can""

"Amaare Margolis proceeds to use second wind to heal himself"

"Gemmwyb Sundwilfwyn was straddling across Raku's waist, her arm back ready to pound him when she saw the Scimitar that appeared in his hands.  She leaned back now, her shoulders pressing against his calves as the X is thrust up into the air.  She flipped a leg out from under her, bringing her knee in to connect with Raku's ribs, smiling as she feels cracking against his side."

"Amalj'aa Warrior moves to the side with the cat, clearly not as nimble as she is, seeing he is at a disadvantage and highly outnumbered he looks to Raulin on the ground, shooting a large fireball at the back of amaare, taking the attack from solya from behind"

"Loxus D'kurne finally kicks herself into gear after hesitating for too long and dives down to assit her tribe leader."

"Amaare Margolis is thankful for using second wind to keep awake"

"Ry'ah Zol order's ifrit to intercept the fireball flying at Amaare."

"Gemmwyb Sundwilfwyn  (Now she is essentially laying on her back across Raku's body.  Head towards his feet, one knee bent under her, the other in his rib.  The swords crsossed above her.))"

"Raulin Broadbent gives one last gurgle and he falls unconscious, arms going limp"

"A'venn Tia breathes in and sighs. He takes a good long aim towards Gemm's neck, seeing her positioning, and releases an arrow."

"Solya Frost spots her opening and assaults with a flurry of stabs, building Aether for her next spell. From the corner of her eye, she sees Raku and his predicament... "Loxus! If you want to help, help the Hyur male in his boxers.""

"Raku Kirigiya takes the hit, barely whincing. "You're weak... You lost before we even started fighting." His entire eye starts glowing, a wide smirk on his face, his swords started to glow a bright blue also. "Heh." He brung the swords downwards, kicking upwards in a attempt to lift her into the blades."

"Raku Kirigiya","Nice try though..."

"Desmond Aryll doesn't take his eyes from the warrior as he goes about the display. He tries a new tack. He swings twice, right and left, using the backswing to take three paces back. Inviting a push from the Amalj'aa. "Come then, barber.""

"Amalj'aa Warrior roars out in pain as he feels the lightning charged steel pierce through his body, a large hand spinning around behind him ina  rage, attempting to take the woman off her feet with the force of the blow"

"Loxus D'kurne sizes up the Amalj'aa warrior then nods to her leaders intructions, running over to help Raku."

"Desmond Aryll holds his scimitar in two hands, directly in front of him."

"Gemmwyb Sundwilfwyn laughed loudly as she was called weak.  She watches as he brings the swords down towards her, feeling his legs buck underneath her.  It lifted her up slightly, but her weight being used to her advantage.   This did, however, result in her being moved in time to avoid the arrow to the neck.  A'venn's arrow sinking into Raku's leg which now sat in its place.  She lifted her arms to easily grab Raku's wrists, the tip of his blades pressed into her chest.  She easily held his wrists there."

"Solya Frost grins when she sees the beastman go to make his next move. "That's what you get when you turn your back." She uses the Aether she'd built to send a fireball into his hand, then following with a stab to pierce his heart."

"A'venn Tia winces as he hits Raku instead of his target. "Raku! Try not to-- Bah!" He switches targets when he sees Loxus there to help Raku."

"Raku Kirigiya smirked, pulling the arrow out of his leg "Ever tried ice skating?" He punches the ground, the surrounding area suddenly coated with a black ice."  ((Was retconned later to do it with his toes :P - Raku))

"A'venn Tia helps Desmond with the Paladin now."

"Amalj'aa Warrior hheat hardened skin barely feels the blast of the fire, but the force behind the swing was enough he could not stop the trust from the woman. his scaled skin would hbe tough to pierce, enough so he uses the tiem it takes to reach for the woman, attampting to grab her by her throat, dying quikcly now from the pierce through his heart, though"

"Demitrious Alexander cackles with out pause as he shield lobs Desmond in his leading knee "azure likey sky goes yay for thee""

"Loxus D'kurne sprints at the large lady holding onto Raku's wrists and shoulder charges into her with all her strength."

"Desmond Aryll deflects the shield with the broadside of his blade, "I learned that trick some years ago in the ring, friend. Now we are are even handed." He smiled wide as he came in."

"A'venn Tia takes aim at Demitrious. "Desmond! Try not to get hit!" He lets loose a shot at Demitrious' sword hand, attempting to disarm him."

"Desmond Aryll came in, scimitar going low, almost scraping the ground and up like a flash."

((I lost connection to a 90k here so missed some things ><;))

"Amaare Margolis smiles at Gemmwyb Sundwilfwyn."

"Raku Kirigiya","Thanks..."

"Loxus D'kurne beams with delight at Raku Kirigiya."

"Loxus D'kurne","No probs!"

"Raku Kirigiya","She ain't as tough as Dragons.... But she's close..."

"Solya Frost knows she has victory in reach. The only thing to do now was to free herself from the fight. Of course, that would be difficult from the hands now around her neck. She glares at the Amalj'aa and digs the claws of her free hands into his forearm... or tries to."

"Loxus D'kurne","You really should put some clothes on."

"Raku Kirigiya","Nah, I'd die."

"Raku Kirigiya touches his necklace, both swords dissapearing "Wanna see some ice sculptures?""

"Loxus D'kurne having seen the large lady flee into the distance, she looks over at Solya being held and runs to her aide."

"Amalj'aa Warrior stares at the woman darkly, his alrge hand ina  death grip on her neck, his growl slwoly fading ad his knees buckle, his eyes starting to glaze over. He falls to the side as he bleeds out, his hand frozen in death around her neck"

"Ry'ah Zol waves her hand at Ifrit. The Egi moving in to back up Solya. Slashing at the Amalj'aa Warrior 's back with its burning claws. Ry keeping a close eye on Lox."

"Demitrious Alexander "indeed" takes his sword in both hands for an attack from the right, using his momentum to hook Desmond's leg with his own landing firmly on top of him with a knee to his groin "oh noes not the nonos""

"Solya Frost raises an eyebrow. Dead, huh? Not even good enough to give her a last struggle. She releases a thunder spell through her finger tips and pulls the hands away from her neck, using the spazms to help them release her soft skin. She coughs a bit, afterward. "Aah, Loxus. Good to see you're still safe.""

"Raulin Broadbent blinks a few times, slowly waking.  The pressure of the boot was still on his throat but he had one more trick up his sleeve ---"

"Loxus D'kurne reaches down and helps Solya up to her feet."

"Loxus D'kurne beams with delight at Solya Frost."

"Loxus D'kurne","Now what?"

"Solya Frost gives the girl a soft kiss on the cheek before striding to surround Desmond and his adversary."

"Demitrious Alexander surveys the surroundings "one moment""

"Raku Kirigiya punches the floor, a trail of ice travels across the floor, growing beneath the feet of Demitrious."

"Demitrious Alexander raises a finger bidding you to hold, pulls a flask from inside his shirt which glowes so intensely yellow that the room actually seems to brighten up."

"Demitrious Alexander then takes a quick draw from the flask and tucks it back away in his shirt. The surroundings now seem much gloomier."

"Raulin Broadbent moves his arm towards where Elli sits bound and helpless, lightning forming around this fingers  ... his aim .. to kill her"

"Demitrious Alexander "well shit" runs for the hills"

"A'venn Tia sees Raulin's aim and quickly fires an arrow at his arm."

"Solya Frost",""Amaare, interrupt his spell!""

"Raku Kirigiya turns his attention to Raulin, quickly firing a spear of ice at his head."

"Raulin Broadbent maniacally laughs ... well gurgles horribly*  "If he cannot have his way she will die with me!!""

"Amaare Margolis sees what he is doing and haymaker's his elbow joint on the spell arm"

"Loxus D'kurne stands by her tribe leaders side. Watching."

"Raulin Broadbent screams at the double pain, the arrow sinking into his shoulder and Amaar's attack breaking his elbow"

"Desmond Aryll waves to A'venn in thanks."

"Solya Frost sighs softly as she approaches Desmond. "We do not chase him?""

"Raku Kirigiya","You again? Careful you don't slip on the ice."

"Raulin Broadbent - the spell dissipates, the man nothing but a simpering mess"

"Amaare Margolis turns to Braxas who is up. He keeps his foot on Raulin and yells out "Braxas! Garlean!" She runs up and begins to eat Raulin*"

"Desmond Aryll",""He is no one of consequence. Leave him to Oscon." he says, picking himself up from the ground and dusting off."

"Desmond Aryll looks at Amaare Margolis in shock!"

"Raulin Broadbent screams as the coeurl's teeth rip into his body ... yada yada ..."

"A'venn Tia winces, raising both brows as Raulin is eaten."

"Desmond Aryll looks away from whayt remains of Raulin."

"Desmond Aryll","Lovely."

"Loxus D'kurne","Ew!"

"Solya Frost",""Uhg..." Solya turns away from the sight, a hand moving to Loxus's shoulder."

"A'venn Tia looks to Raku. "Sorry... Er... About the arrow...""

"Raku Kirigiya reaches over to his wounds, noticing his ice has melted he lets out a large frown, falling to the ground, coughing."

((Here is when I switched out from Raulin to Asdrellia))

"Solya Frost",""Raku." Solya sheathes her rapier and fetches the book from her side. "Let me see...""

"A'venn Tia feels bad now."

"Raku Kirigiya","Aye..."

"Asdrellia Pemberton - She had watched the entire scene helplessly, closing her eyes for most of it"

"Ry'ah Zol waves her hand, dismissing Ifrit."

"Amaare Margolis walks over to Elli and gets her out of being bonded, Braxas roars gleefully"

"A'venn Tia looks over to Amaare and goes to meet the infamous Asdrellia."

"Solya Frost","Let me see to your wounds, Raku. Though I wish Talathar was here..."

"Amaare Margolis takes off everything quickly and carefully"

"Amaare Margolis","Asdrellia *he sobs*"

"Desmond Aryll moves closer to Amaare and Asdrellia."

"Raku Kirigiya holds out his hand, casting a ice spell "I'll be fine... go check Elli...""

"Amaare Margolis kneels respectfully."

"Amaare Margolis",""Oh Elli"....*sobs* I couldn't protect ye ...."

"Amaare Margolis sobs again"

"Solya Frost","Stay here, Eos."

"Solya Frost","Heal this one."

"Asdrellia Pemberton coughs a few times, before wrapping her arms around Amaare tightly "It is not your fault.  Shh ...""

"Amaare Margolis continues to take off the bonds"

"Desmond Aryll watches the scene playing out, mixed emotions playing over his face."

"Raku Kirigiya holds his hand over the wound, a small blizzard goes inside of his wound, Raku whinces as he breathes heavily."

"Amaare Margolis cries as he holds her and kisses her"

"A'venn Tia smiles slightly as Adrellia and Amaare reunite."

"A'venn Tia smiles."

"Asdrellia Pemberton strokes Amaare's hair gently, crying herself.  She looked up at the others and smiled "Thank you, everyone.""

"Khuja Aliapoh tilts her head still confused. Alistair had ran off a bit ago and was at Raku's side. He nudged Raku's hand trying to comfort the downed man. She then looks to Ry. "Is.. the lady going to be okay..?""

"Raku Kirigiya chuckles quietly."

"Solya Frost approaches as she hears Asdrellia address the rest of them. "Ms. Pemberton, are you hurt?""

"Asdrellia Pemberton",""Thankfully no, outside the rope burns.  They had me drugged most of the time."  *she frowns*"

"Ry'ah Zol shakes her head. "I do not know. Even if she's fine physically, she could be wounded mentally or spiritually.""

"Amaare Margolis french kisses her deeply when he does he uses Second Wind, she can feel his joy with their bond"

"Khuja Aliapoh nods to Ry'ah Zol."

"Asdrellia Pemberton returns the kiss, though not as ... enthuastic as her body is still feeling the effects of the somnus"

"Solya Frost","Well, I cannot tend those kinds of wounds... I'll go play medic elsewhere, I suppose."

"Solya Frost","Amaare, take it easy, yeah?"

"Asdrellia Pemberton",""Help me to my feet, please.  There are .. are wounded.""

"Solya Frost","Good news, Ms. Pemberton isn't hurt. Which means I get to heal you."

"Amaare Margolis nods hearing Solya's words"

"A'venn Tia looks over to Arry. "Oh! Mr. Arry! I didn't see you!""

"Arry Dresdyn nods to A'venn Tia."

"Raku Kirigiya","Oh yay. Sounds great."

"Amaare Margolis lifts her up into his arms"

"A'venn Tia sorry. You must be this not-tempered to be healed."

"Amaare Margolis tears continue to run down his face"

"Asdrellia Pemberton is carried up and her head turns, noticing Desmond "Desmond ... are you all right?""

"A'venn Tia *Raises his hand as high as he can.*"

"Khuja Aliapoh turned back to Raku and Alistair. She watched the Carbuncle still nudging Raku's hand as if trying to keep him company."

"Solya Frost crouches at the Hyur's side and sets about inspecting and mending his wounds."

"Amaare Margolis sobs but speaks "Than...thank all of you!""

"Arry Dresdyn nods to Amaare Margolis."

"A'venn Tia nods to Amaare Margolis."

"Amaare Margolis","Thanks everyone....ye...thank you all..."

"Raku Kirigiya","Just so you know my body isn't like other people's... Most of it is made outta ice... So most of the stuff won't work."

"Amaare Margolis nods to Arry Dresdyn."

"Desmond Aryll nods, "I am glad everyone is alright.""

"A'venn Tia",""T'is the least we can do, Amaare!""

"Solya Frost","Ice...?"

"A'venn Tia beams with delight at Amaare Margolis."

"Amaare Margolis nods to A'venn Tia."

"Raku Kirigiya","Yeah, ice."

"Amaare Margolis","Thank ye 'ero thank ye so much"

"Arry Dresdyn passes Desmond a flask from inside his pocket.  Arry never seems to be without his ale."

"Solya Frost","Huh... well, I guess I'll leave you to it, then..."

"Asdrellia Pemberton",""Garston will not be happy with this you know.  We have to ... stop him"  ((she doesn't know ICly he's dead))"

"Raku Kirigiya","Right."

"Desmond Aryll","I am alright, don't worry about me. Just be well, Asdrellia."

"Desmond Aryll smiles at you."

"Amaare Margolis grits is teeth hearing that name"

"Amaare Margolis","Thank ye Solya"

"A'venn Tia doesn't know Garston is dead either."

"Desmond Aryll holds his tongue at the last remark from Asdrellia."

"Raku Kirigiya turns himself over, grunting slightly, he then slowly pushes himself up to his feet."

"Asdrellia Pemberton smiles to Solya, then blushes, realzing how ... undressed she is and tries, badly, to cover herself while in Amaare's arms"

"Solya Frost laughs at you."

"You see Desmond Aryll and blush with embarrassment."

"Raku Kirigiya","Now where's my hat?"

"A'venn Tia blinks at Asdrellia's actions and goes through a pack. "Aha!""

"Khuja Aliapoh",""Alistair.. heel.""

"A'venn Tia pulls out a... Company Overcoat?"

"Amaare Margolis","Let me get ye back 'ome then precious"

"Amaare Margolis smiles at you."

"Solya Frost takes off her robes and hands them to the woman. "Here. Until you can dress yourself in something of your own."

"A'venn Tia","You can borrow this if you like! I'll need it back, though!"

"Ry'ah Zol sighs."

"You smile at Solya Frost."

"Amaare Margolis smiles at you."

"Asdrellia Pemberton drapes the robe and coat over herself"

"Amaare Margolis *Braxas licks her face and claws  happily"

"Raku Kirigiya kneels down and picks up his hat, placing it onto his head and smiling."

"Asdrellia Pemberton laughs at the licks for the coeurl "Come ... Amaare I need to ... to ..."  *her eyes slowly close*"

"You doze off quietly."

"Solya Frost","Sleep. Hahaha"

"Amaare Margolis nods to you."

"A'venn Tia frowns and nods to Amaare. "A pleasure working with you, Master Amaare!""

"Amaare Margolis calls over Braxas and gently places Asdrellia on her, he climbs aboard and rides off with Elli taking her home"

"A'venn Tia totally just remembered his and Saachi's apprenticeship under Amaare."

"Amaare Margolis *Braxas gently touches Elli with one of her tentacles"

((Amaare carries Asdrellia off to the safety on the back of Braxus))

Two figures watched the group by the campfire, their own bodies shielded by chest high ruined walls and trees.  The shade from both cooled the heated air as they saw one after another fall, the last being torn to shreds by a coeurl.

"It seems they got the girl back," the tall, elderly elezen said.

"Yes.  But her part to play in all this is over," the armored figure commented.

"Is that so wise to think so?"

"Garston wanted her.  She was not part of our overall plans.  Alive or dead, I did not care."

"Of course.  What is the next course of action then?"

The armored figure watched as one of the figures untied the woman, embracing her tightly.

"We find where they are keeping Wyght.  We get him back.  He has many secrets vital to us.  I will not let those cretins have them."  The armored figure paused, turning to face Ul'dah.  "Then we watch.  We listen.  And we strike when they lower their guard."

"Of course."

The two figures emerged from their hiding spot, the ones by the campfire none the wiser, making their way back into the city.

The cold bites at his body, making the pain from his wounds significantly worse.  They had him bound and gagged in the back of a cart, on his way to Dragonhead.

His anger was the only thing that kept him awake instead of succumbing to the cold and sleep artes they used on him.  His good eye could not see much outside the grey sky and occasional guard that came into view.

They had been moving for hours, not wanting to use the aetheryte crystals for some reason.  It was not like he could run off.  Even though that man gave him something for his torn up leg, it wore off, nearly useless.

Gaardal bit down on the cloth in his mouth.  He wished his teeth were like blades so he could tear through it and the ropes that held him so he could be done with this torture.

A shout was heard nearby and the cart came to a sudden halt.  He slid slightly on the wood, his injured leg slamming into the wooden side.  He let out a muffled scream, nostrils flaring from the pain.  One shout turned to two ... then four .. then a cascade of voices that melded with the sounds of metal against metal and the smell of fire in the air.

He strained to see what was going on, but his vantage point was poor.  An arrow thunked into the side of the cart, the point breaking through by his head.  He spit out a muffled curse, moving as far from that side as he could.

Screams of the dying filled his ears, the vision of one of the guards being pushed up against the cart, a blade slipping through his chest stained with red soon after.  Gaardal did not know what was going on but he hoped the attackers were friendly.

The battle was short, and he strained to hear anything.  The sounds of footsteps approached from the side, and Gaardal's heart raced.  A lone, armored figure leaned over the side of the cart, the helm hovering over his face.  A puff of white escaped from the slits in the front.

"Mister Wyght.  I think it is time we left such a horrid place and bring you to Gridania.  Master Rillemont shall take care of you."  The figure waved to his left.  "Those cretins shall not put you in irons, nor take that information you have for their own."

Gaardal nodded, feeling hands over his body, dragging him from the cart, helping him to his feet.  He cringed from the pain, and moments later waves of warmth came over him as he was healed.

"We do not have time to waste.  Summon your strength, Mister Wyght.  The day is not over yet."