The Ficus makes art. **Commissions Open**

UPDATE: TAKING COMMISSIONS

I've finally got enough free time and a consistent enough schedule to take on commissions a bit more....well consistently. Starting out slow and cautious to see what I can actually manage while I have some time off coming up and then if there is still interest, I'll go from there. 

Commtemp2.png

Commtemp.png

Commtemp3.png

Additional characters are half the original price. Ex. to add a sibling, husband, friends head to a $10 bust sketch would be a total of $15.

Will Do: original characters, couples, some gore, etc

Won't Do: sexually explicit/graphic.

Payment: Paypal is my preferred payment method. I plan to only take payment once I actively begin work on the piece itself. Aside from the sketches, I will show you a rough outline of what I have planned before finalizing it in case there are any last minute adjustments or requests. With digital work, I'm happy to fix smaller, reasonable things but will not fully rework the piece once the sketch is approved. Obviously that will be far less flexible with a traditional medium. Essentially once I am ready to begin your slot, I'll collect an email and invoice you via paypal. Once payment is received, I'll get going. If at any point due to injury or illness etc I am unable to complete a commission, I'll work with people to see if they wish to wait or have me refund them until I can continue. I don't anticipate any issues of that kind but life is life. 

Delivery: Once I've finished I can send you the scans or files to an email of your choice or through messages here as well. 

To Include: Do leave a note here on this thread with the slot you wish to take just so I can keep tabs of who put in what first. After that we can communicate through PM or email if you prefer for all the details. At that point anything you want to throw at me is welcome. Screenshots are obviously a near must or any references that might apply but if you have links to tumblrs for your characters or backstory, descriptions of scars, personality etc it'll go a long way to making the piece more uniquely them. Also let me know if there is a tumblr you use and would like me to link should it end up on my art tumblr down the line. 

My tumblr is in my signature if you want more examples of my work and my newest stuff is at the back end of this thread (aka please god don't look at the old stuff below this XD). Thanks all. 

SLOTS

Sketches (traditional/digital)

Color (traditional/digital)

Watercolor (I'm newish to this medium but if there is interest in it I'll try to get my speed up so I can offer more.)

Waitlist

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I've just started drawing FFXIV stuff but figured may as well make it a nest somewhere. I've been drawing in general for a long time, but its only been in the past few years that I put down the pencil and started trying to go digital now and then. So don't be surprised to see both popping up. Pencil and paper is still my first love after all. ❤️

I stick mostly to my own characters and those of my rp partner but who knows. Hoping sharing will keep me motivated to doodle and the like. 

Nearly the first ever doodle of my Miqo'te Orumloix Pahjin (actually happened before I played the game xD)

Orum_zpsfd5e7b4e.jpg

Turned into this a few days later

orumhalf_zpsbdc0e250.jpg

R'tali (friends character)

oldertali2_zps482a7488.jpg

Orum and Tali. Yes. This happens a lot. (Pen and Paper. Cleaned up in Painter)

adultcats_zps6655b5ef.jpg

S'janna and her son (done for S'janna awhile back)

SjannaFINAL_zpsbbdb54d4.jpg

Nahue and Manari (done for Nahue)

Nahue2_zpsd3d640b3.jpg

Rinette (Done for Rinette)

rinette_zps77ed961f.jpg

SKETCHY STUFF

My Marauder Rhys Oathkeeper and Bell Winters (Friends Character) as...something. I was bored. The apkallu belongs to Rhys. Bells is just watching him so he doesn't get bloody. xD 

rhysbells_zps28da5728.jpg

The twin characters of my friend and I, Koh'a (right) and Koh'to (left) Bajihiri as cubs.

twinsfish_zps738be16f.jpg

Current Project

Orum after he was fleshed out and rped into proper existence as the wildman mutt he well and truly is. (WIP)

tribeleaderorry_zpsb4895c7d.jpg

Edited by BroodingFicus
updating commission info

Ha, wow! Your Miqo'te style is so unique and sleek (I did not mean for that to rhyme). Especially with Orum, you've really brought him in to his own element. Where as most Miqo'te tend to be "house cat" looking, he resembles more of a lynx. To me, anyway. That speaks volumes for him if he is a wildman-type character and all credit to you! I love your work!

Out of interest, do you draw races other than Miqo'te and Hyur? I'd like to see them, if so. Again, kudos-kupo! :moogle:

T'lamila, he'll kick you in you shins and steal your lunch money while singing a merry tune. xD

I've never tried a Roe. The other races have kinda breezed over my head since I only rp a Hyur and a Miqo'te but I'm working my way down the line with some sketchy stuff just to see how it goes. 

elezen_zpsce4c3747.jpg

T'lamila, he'll kick you in you shins and steal your lunch money while singing a merry tune. xD

So a bit like Moogle King xD

This last instead says, from his face, that he's annoyed of being forced to pose for the painting :P Will you ever open commissions?

Well well, Ficus. Colour me impressed! ;) (Not literally colour me in. BACK AWAY WITH THAT MARKER PEN!) Whilst Nykkus has already asked, would you be interested in drawing a male Roegadyn, also? As I've said, your style is very unique and I'd be intrigued to see the results.

Awesome Lalafell, by the way! :moogle:

....*slowly lowers green Sharpie* But I was gonna color in the lines all pretty like.

I don't do commissions very often just out due to lack of time. I may at some point actually give it a go in smaller doses once this years new work schedule settles some. Gonna try a Roe anyhow but for the moment, its all just in good fun and when I have time. I tend to go a span with no time and then spend hours coloring something I never finished. (Yes I forgot that feather. xD)

[align=center]tribeleaderorry_zps499a0d92.jpg[/align]

And thanks for all the love guys. He would be pleased looking too if he had any other modes aside from snarl and disdain around strangers.

Thanks Illira. :) I love the options in this game but I doubt I'll ever be wholly satisfied with any mmo character creation. That's what drawings and imagination are for I guess. 

Sketch of my Hyur Highlander, Rhys Oathkeeper. Big man, big voice, big ax, shit fisherman. 

[align=center]Rhysbust_zpsf1ef6801.jpg[/align]

And something a bit more silly. Orum and my friends character R'tali as, yes, centaurs. This is probably five seconds before R'tali zips past and trips over his own feet while trying to gloat. 

[align=center]centaurs_zps6eb518cc.jpg[/align]