Broken Chairs

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After some brainstorming with friends, here's a partial list of drinks available at the Roe HQ Bar. :D

Top Shelf

Ilsabardian Brandy (limited supply)

Reaver's Rum

Baron's Choice Whiskey

Dragon's Blood Mead

Wines

Black Vine brand

Seiza no Kai Sake

Rolanberry Dessert Wine

Ales On Tap

South Shroud's Best Dark Ale

Four Houses Ishgardian Pale Ale

VK Special Brew (seasonal)

Slick Eft

Bogy Root Special

Poacher's Notch

Mixed Drinks

Ifrit's Hellfire

Landslide

My Fair Lala (contains cactus juice)

Pink Subligar

The Fury

The Squishable Leech

Wailer's Delight

Wight Skull

Ramuh's Beard

Non-alcoholic

Foundation Chilled Tea

Of course you can just walk up and order an ale or rum. xD I thought it would be fun to have some "brand names" too.

8-)

Tinyurl link back to this post if anyone wants it: http://tinyurl.com/roedrinks

• 2 weeks later...

Hey roes! I've only been playing about once a week do to IRL, but hope to be back regularly in June, and will host an opening party for Roe HQ then. I'll keep you all posted! In the mean time, if you are trying to get an invite, please feel free to message any of our good folks with invite privileges.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello friends. I haven't been around as much lately due to my pregnancy. In my limited play time over the last several months, the tone of the linkshell has shifted from one of roegadyn camraderie to something verging on toxicity.

A handful of people have spoken to me individually about being unhappy with the changing tone of the LS, but they have been afraid to speak up because of the social cost of doing so. In fact, I found myself today unhappy seeing the female Weeping City bosses being called "bitches," but I was afraid to speak up because I thought I'd get flamed on my own LS. That is how bad it has gotten that I, usually someone outspoken, have just been quiet, feared enforcing my own rules for respect and civility. However, I know it isn't just me. We have had some good roegadyn who have quietly quit the LS because they've been unhappy with the changing environment. Accordingly, I want to remind everyone of our only real rule (besides roe only, of course!):

Don't be a jerk. No locker-room talk. If someone asks you not to do something that is making them uncomfortable, be respectful and knock it off.

This means that if someone doesn't like the tone or topic of the conversation, move on and take it to /tell. You don't tell that person they are wrong for being unhappy or upset. We are a community, and if you don't care about how your words or actions affect others, you should find another linkshell or start your own. If you want somewhere you don't have to care about other people's feelings, there are plenty of other places you can go on the internet. Broken Chairs is a supportive environment.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello roegadyn. I have some very sad news to share. One of our founding members, Dennthota Ahtarmwyn, has passed away. His free company, Night Blades, will be holding a memorial this Friday at 11PM EST at Lavender Beds Ward 5, Plot 6.

Denn was awesome. He was an excellent RP partner, loyal friend, and upstanding and appropriately silly roegadyn. I am not good enough with words to describe how much I will miss him.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...