RP Server EXCLUDING Gilgamesh/Balmung?

Hey there, folks! Nordin the Lich here! I just recently started playing FFXIV and I just now joined this site. Could someone suggest an RP server to me? Sadly, Gilgamesh and Balmung, the two big RP servers, are full... I have no idea how long this will last, and don't want to keep hitting update every three minutes for two days... Thanks for any responses, and I appreciate any help!

Honestly, your best bet is to log in during the morning (if you so happen to live in PST/CT/EST time in the US) and create a character then. It still works for Balmung from what I believe.

Even if you have to wake up early as hell to do it, you can still knock it out and then go back to sleep. :P

I can usually make a character between 6-10am EST on Gilgamesh. Sometimes later than that as well. Just need to keep an eye on it, really. As for which one, I think it comes down to personal preference. 

Balmung has a larger community overall, but I've also seen more trolling there. The RP lore seems more established, which can be good, but I also felt like it might be harder to break into.

On the other hand, Gilgamesh is a smaller community and you'll find less random RP out in the wild, but the community seems a bit tighter knit and welcoming on the whole. I've personally run into less trolling on Gilgamesh, and generally enjoy my play time here more than I do Balmung.

Everyone's personal experiences and preferences are going to be different. I made characters on both servers when I started, to see which I preferred. I'd honestly suggest doing the same thing, since anything anyone says is always going to be at least slightly biased in favor of the server they prefer.

I guess now the question becomes, which one? Gilgamesh or Balmung? I don't know what ups & downs each one has, nor what benefits or detriments a Legacy/Non-Legacy server holds.

Both have their charms. ^_^ (or so I hear, never played on Balmung myself). The choice is really up to you.

Well, it definitely seems that Gilgamesh is far more welcoming, so I'll make my character there! I'll let you all know my character's name when I succeed in slipping into the server that way I can be welcomed personally, if you'd like. Plus, it would be a nice way to bring me into the RP in my opinion.

Well, it definitely seems that Gilgamesh is far more welcoming, so I'll make my character there! I'll let you all know my character's name when I succeed in slipping into the server that way I can be welcomed personally, if you'd like. Plus, it would be a nice way to bring me into the RP in my opinion.

Aye my friend, contact me in game and I'll set you up with some IC and OOC linkshells. :) Probably as Zachree Rowlaux.

Thank you, that link to the Lodestone is very helpful. One question though: Do I need to hit refresh every so often on it, or is it automatically updated?

The status of the server is reviewed every 5 hrs, so no, you don't need to hit refresh over and over again :) Go for an off-peak time, on balmung the european afternoon tends to be the best bet.