Because I've seen the dark side too. (Semi-closed - See 1st post)

optional bg music[/b]}]

gVmRDyGhTr8

Cliodhna was pleased. It had been easier than originally thought to sneak away from the outpost and once fed a little bit of gyshal grass; Fury was more than happy to let her saddle him up and ride off. They were also making good time now that he wasn't lugging the cart behind them. Though she was sure he would need a long rest after making such a trip twice in such a short span of time. "Just a little longer boy, almost there..." She purred, ruffling a few of his neck feathers as she urged him on.

Soon enough they rode though the Gate of Nald and past the guards that simply waved her on. Making their way though the sleepy streets, Cliodhna knew the chocobo porters would still be asleep and an empty stall would be an ideal place to stash Fury until she was finished. Making quick work of the lock, she guided the bird in the chocobo house and after quickly setting him up with some food and water in a vacent, Cliodhna set her sights on the flame hall.

Adjacent to Sunsilk tapestries was what appeared to to be a warehouse, picking the front lock, she eased the door open and ducked inside. Ignoring the vast assortment of stores from the various shops on Ruby road, she climbed the stairs leading to the loft and the small scaffolding outside. Quickly she climbed up the hoist-rope in order to clamber atop the roof. From there she was about to make her way to Garret's holding tower when her pearl had gone off again. Feeling it buzz reminded her of how it had gone off the day before and the potential threat it posed to her cover. Ripping the pearl from her ear and tossing it on the ground, Cliodhna stomped on it with her heel as hard as she could; the pearl giving out a weak screech in the caller's end as it shattered.

Shortly after, she was balanced outside the medium sized window frame of the holding cell. Finding it to swing open easily, Clidohna wasn't surprised; it was a long drop down from her current vintage point. Inside the coward was curled up on his cot and huddled under a thin blanket, mumbling prayers to himself. Slipping in silently, she made her way over to the bed and clamped a hand roughly on his mouth, giving the already jumpy midlander a start, his eyes the size of saucers. Even in the dim light, Cliodhna could see that he barely had a scratch on him, which meant the weak bastard already let some information slip to keep from getting worked over. "Hello Garrett, you haven't been telling any stories now, have you?" She whispered, a wicked grin on her lips.

95febe9f-0f0e-4363-bc74-04c306fcb251_zpsbd8df2b0.png?t=1413845823

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The two rushed into the cave entrance, the Garleans already alert to them. The first poor soul to react saw Erik barrel down on him, his kite shield in front. As he knocked the man to the ground he turned his attention to the next three, leaving Cian to lance the man on the ground. As Erik ran, his shield still raised, the three were joined by two more. As all five opened fire, Erik squatted, the bullets bouncing off his shield. Cian ran full speed toward his friend, striding up, one foot stepping high on his shoulder, using it to launch himself into the center gunman, killing him instantly. Swinging wide with his spear he disarmed the remaining four, following that with a lance to one of them. The path clear, Erik ran into the frey, bashing one in the face. As the man stood stunned, Erik spun, slicing the man's throat. Cian lanced another, and Erik took his blade to the last man's gut. As they stood up straight, Erik wiping the blood from his sword, "Not bad, what was that?" Cian smiled, only shaking the blood from his spear, "Two minutes.... maybe three?" They laughed only to go silent with the sound of a gunblade being drawn. Without even taking a moment to register the noise, Cian hurled his spear and Erik his shield. The man, the units commander by his rank insignia, found his last moments in terror as the spear pierced his chest, pinning him to the wall, followed by the shield striking his neck, removing his head from his body.

Seeing that the mine was now empty, the two went to work. Erik scoured the cave for information, technology, and supplies, while Cian piled the bodies outside to burn and brought to the front one of their wagons for Erik to pile the spoils in. Once that was done Erik used his Linkpearl, "Bluefog... This is Sargent Mynhier, we are clear. We need men to secure and work this mine, it still has veins. Also bring my Chocobo, we have a cart full things for Flame Command, they are going to think its Starlight."

Moving her hand off his mouth, Cliodhna waited for Garrett to reply. Taking in a shaky lungful of air before speaking, Grrett slowly sat up on the rough plank of wood for a cot. "N-Nightshade!! How d-did? Where?" He exclaimed, his pale blue eyes still wild with fear. "That's not important Garrett, what's important is what i asked you; what did you tell the Watch?" Cliodhna hissed in a threatening tone. Though clearly younger than Garrett by almost ten years, he was under her command. "N-nothing!!! I didn't tell them anything! I swear it!" He quickly spat out, brushing his hair from his eyes nervously. This got only a glaring stare from Cliodhna, arms folded. Both knew he was lying and she waited for him to just tell her. "Well....I only told them a little bit, I had to! They were going to hurt me! You know the guy that was asking the questions, he had such a dead expression on his face but that wasn't the worst; then the bastard smiled and it was scary! Like he enjoyed doing this sort of shit for a living!!" Garrett blurted out, hands covering his face as he cowered over in the cot. "...He smiled and you told him?" She repeated slowly, unbelieving his level of cowardice. "You- No....Just, just tell me what you told him so far so I can clean your mess up...." Cliodhna replied, placing two fingers to her temple in attempts to stave off a headache, the other hand waved flippantly for Garret to continue.

After a few more minutes of dealing with Garrett sniffling and all but sobbing over his confession; Cliodhna was informed that he told them the location of the current mining crew north of Bluefog, not the now empty one northeast that Cliodhna had directed the flames to. "Godsdamnit, you idiot." She hissed through clenched teeth. "The idea is to keep the mine going while our team gathered intel about any upcoming attacks; not point out the exact position we hold on a map!" Taking in a slow breath through her nose, she waved the midlander up. "Come on, let's get you released. Go check the door."

Slowly Garrett uncovered his face and stared at Cliodhna a long moment with tear stained cheeks. He couldn't believe his good luck; she was actually going to help him out of here. Thinking for sure she he was a lost cause, Garrett nearly skipped to the door and peeked through the small opening.Thankfully, she hadn't found out he had also given the scary highlander her codename and pointed her as leader. Suddenly he felt a somewhat hard knock to the head. "Oww...What was that for?" Garrett whined, turning to Cliodhna while rubbing the spot she hit.

As Garrett happily looked out the small door slot, Clodhna had been gathering the aether around her hand as it clenched into a fist, swinging out she rounded and clocked him right in the back of the head. Smiling sweetly, she crossed her arms again when questioned. "Because Garrett. You know too much and I promised to release you...." Chuckling at Garrett as he staggered. Almost curiously, she watched him lean against the wall before slipping down it; coughing up a glob of ruby colored blood as the same blood pooled in his eyes. Kneeling down she grabbed a fist full of hair and held his head up to look into his quickly dimming eyes. "Should have kept your mouth shut and taken the scary man's smile." She scoffed, dropping her grip on the now dead midlander and dusting her hands off.

After another few locks picked and empty hallways as the Lala had promised; Cliodhna was in the Flame Captain's office. Her eyes and fingers quickly shuffling through as many papers as she could find, looking for any and all information on upcoming attacks, intel gathering on their end, and anything else she could find of use. Feeling she had enough for the moment, Cliodhna made her way back to Garrett's cell; hopping over the dead body as a child would play hopscotch before slipping out the window and back to Fury.

Sitting atop the Chocobo keep, she hefted a rather large roof tile in her hand and aimed. Dropping it square on the Chocobo porter's head before jumping from the roof and entering the building. He had just unlocked the door and was intending on feeding the birds but it was time for her and Fury to leave. He'd wake a little while later, dazed and questioning the durability of the building's roof. Leading the red bird out, she swung into the saddle and rode off back to Bluefog as fast as she could.

"We made it Fury, you were such a good boy!" She praised sleepily, tethering the bird once again to his post and quickly removing the saddle. Ducking inside the cart; Clidohna placed her outfit from earlier back on and let her hair down before emerging with brush in hand. Intent on cleaning the brambles from the now sleeping chocobo's feathers. Once the last of them were cleared away, she curled up next to the bird and drifted to sleep with her arms draped over him and her face nuzzled into his wing.

"I must say, I am impressed with your level of skill, Nightshade. Well done indeed, this deserves a promotion with a rather large pay raise!" Isaurus Van Schermer, Cliodhna's Legate cheered. "Also great job on killing Garrett! He was completely useless and a waste of existence....also he couldn't keep his mouth shut!" "I know! Not to brag or anything, but he was so easy to get rid of." She replied, smiling brightly. All around her everyone was there for Cliodhna's big promotion. As she stood in the large central hall reserved only for the highest military honors; her hands eagerly reaching out for her bag of gil as a hand clapped her on the shoulder. Turning it was her centurion, Justus Tol Dirksen, a piercing glare on his features. "You obtained this wrongfully and you know it, this is my promotion and I won't let you keep it!!" Just as he was about to take the bag of gil; Cliodhna swung out and quickly punched him in the face, the hall erupting in cheers around her.

"Hey, little girl, get offa the bir-S-seven hells!!" The guard yelled angrily; a hand going to his eye as it quickly turned purple from Cliodhna's swift and unexpected strike. "Might wanna let them be!" Yelled another Flame before joining in laughing along with the others. Oblivious to the guards around her; she smiled in her sleep as she dreamed.

Back to Bluefog, Erik found Cliodhna asleep on Fury. He woke her gently, "Wake up...." When she did not stir he sighed, and lifted her up, setting her in the cart. He then woke his Chocobo. The bird seemed dazed, "What were you doing to be so tired Fury? Come on boy, we have to get home." Cian pulled up next to Erik's cart, "What's up with Fury? He sick?" Erik shook his head as he bridled the bird, "I do not know but he looks like he is about to drop. I will have the Porter look him over when we return." He and Cian departed and were just entering the boundry of Central Thanalan when their Linkpearls crackled to life, "Mynhier...... Highwind...... Are you on your way back?" Erik replied to his Captain, "Yes Ma'am, we are entering Central now." Juliette called out, "Good, because we have a problem..... someone infiltrated the Hall last night.... Garret is dead."

Feeling a familiar touch in her sleep, Cliodhna smiled gently and nuzzled into the arms that carried drowsily; the movements from depositing her into the cart enough to rouse her halfway before settling back into a deeper sleep. The movements of the rolling cart however, was enough to wake her up. Sitting up and running a hand through her blonde tresses; Cliodhna poked her head out the front of the cart. "What's going on?" She sleepily mumbled to Erik. "Did you move me?" Her words ending in a yawn.

Climbing from the back and taking a seat on the bench next to Erik; Cliodhna ran her fingers though her hair in attempts to put so order to it. "No....It's alright. I just hope it wasn't too much of a bother for you." She replied, turning her head and blushing a little. To her dismay; the blush was unbidden and arrived at the thought of the Flame carrying her. Shaking her head mentally, Cliodhna forced herself to get a grip and remember what sort of situation she was in. Now was not the time to let something as distracting as silly thoughts cloud her mind. Calming down, she looked back over at Erik, noticing his slight frown. "Um....is everything okay?"

He did not answer her, the trip was long and quiet it seemed. Arriving at the Gates of Nald, several Flames, all barring the Watch's patch, were waiting to collect what he and Cian had brought. One approached Cian and Erik, "The Captain would see you both in the cell. She said to bring the girl to her office before you head up to her."

As they were told they dropped Cliodhna in the waiting area maned by Nivivi and continued on to the cell. "Curiouser and curiouser gentlemen." said Juliette as she saw them enter the room, pointing to the shrouded corpse near the door. She continued, "Someone got in here and killed this man, without being seen, and did so without leaving a mark." A small voice rose at her statement, "Not true Captain, there seem to be aetheric burns on his internal organs, and a discolouration here at the base of the skull. It is not a bruise, but a mark of impact regardless." The voice came from Doctor Cronna Nirnna, Chief Forensic Pathologist and Lead Aetheric Researcher for the Watch. Juliette replied, "And what does that tell you Doctor?" The Lalafell was busy with his crystals and instruments, almost not hearing his commanding officer, "Hum? What? Oh.... I would say a pugilist of moderate to decent skill. They augment their strength by channeling aether through their fist and into their targets. This adds damage to their strikes as they can punch past a body's natural defenses and damage the internal systems directly. The Pugilist Guild may have answers for you Captain."

The highlander's silence said more than enough.  Turning her head to look at the slowly passing land, Cliodhna bit the corner of her mouth to hide a small smirk. Garrett's corpse had most likely been discovered and the Watch was most likely going near insane trying to figure out how it happened. No one would suspect the poor soul of a girl that had been marked by the "evil Imperial Empire".

Once more in the office, Cliodhna looked over at the Lalafell secretary. "Um....Did something bad happened? I tried to ask Mr. Erik about it....But he wouldn't say anything...." She asked Nivivi, biting her bottom lip worriedly.

Nivivi sat at her seat, polishing her nails as the girl spoke to her, "Oh yes, such excitement last night. A prisoner was attacked in his cell with no sign of forced entry. And none of the guards saw or heard a thing." She dipped the brush in the polish jar and continued. The Captain was at a loss until one of her men recognized that the death was caused by a Pugilist. They are on their way to question the Pugilist Guildmaster as we speak."

Placing a hand over her mouth; Cliodhna's eyes went wide with surprise. "Someone was able to sneak in here without anyone seeing them?" She repeated in a hushed tone. "That's such an unsettling thought.....I hope they catch whoever did this soon." Suppressing a small shiver, Cliodhna crossed her arms to rub her hands over the exposed skin in the short sleeved bodice. She had a warmer top on when in Bluefog, but that had been changed long before returning to Ul'dal in response to the heat.

"You gonna show me what ya got Erik?" said Cian as he mimicked the pose of a fist-fighter. Erik shook his head, "I took the Fist of Rhalgr for like two weeks when I was seven. I know only the barest basics. I hated fist-fighting." Cian laughed, "Was it to much for your soft and supple hands." he jested. Erik glared but was silent. Cian stopped walking, his eyes wide in joy, "Seven hells... I was joking... Was that the reason?!?" Erik walked in frustration as Cian laughed and laughed, resisting the urge to show the midlander his skill, such as it is.

As Cian calmed himself, they entered the Pugilist Guild. Erik approached the Guild Receptionist, "I am Sergeant Mynhier, Immortal Flames." he said as he presented his papers. "We need to speak with Master Hamon."

Cliodhna sat at the empty chair that had been dragged over to Nivivi's desk. Between the two girls was a rather large platter heavy with various dried meats and fruits along side a picture of chilled water. Once the conversation had shifted from the mystery at hand to more mundane things; Cliodhna had made mention of being brought straight here from Bluefog early this morning. Overly eager to take care of her new friend, Nivivi insisted on procuring some snacks for them to share. Using her free hand Cliodhna reached out for another strip of dried apricot; the other hand held captive by the Lala's tiny one as she painted her nails. Shaking her head a little at the thought, Cliodhna couldn't remember the last time she had worried about having her nails painted but found it amusing so let the other girl continue as she rattled on about whatever current gossip she had overheard in the Flame Hall.

The Holyfist stood with his back to the men, "A strike to the back of the head you say? And there were burns internally?" The old fighter thought for a moment, then drew his hand close, aether gathered in his palm and he struck his chair. There seemed for several moments to be no damage, then suddenly the chair crumbled to dust, "That is called the Touch of Death. If you're man was killed by a Pugilist, it was by this skill. And that is not something taught to just anyone." Erik nodded, "Would you know anyone fitting that level of skill?" The Holyfist thought, "I would have no way of knowing. It is an uncommon skill, but not impossible to learn."

As the Lala and young girl spoke a ring came over the pearl, "Nivivi.... send the girl in. I need to have words with her."

Hurriedly, Cliodhna was ushered from her chair and through the Commanding Officer's door; Nivivi giving it a quick knock and a gentle shove that made Cliodhna take a step inside before given permission. Just as quickly the door was shut behind her. Letting her arms hang behind her back; Cliodhna laced her fingers together while remaining mindful of the still drying polish. "Um....You wanted to see me Ma'am?" She asked softly, head lowered with her hair hiding her features from view. Biting her bottom lip Cliodhna could take a guess why the Flame Captain wanted to see her. With Garrett dead, she was the only known contact in their possession that might have more useful information regarding the Imperials.

The Captain was silent as the girl entered her office, then she spoke, "Please.... sit." As the girl sat, the door shut behind her, two men appeared from the shadows. "My Ghost is going to be upset with me over this I'm sure..." said Juliette, "... He's a bit of a softy when it comes to girls. But you are the only witness to have not been interrogated." The men were swift, not touching her, but moving close enough to do so if needed. "I am no softy, but answer my questions, and I will be gentle."

Sitting, Cliodhna snapped her head up to look at either man that had suddenly flanked her. Her brain was swirling with possible ways to avoid harsher methods of the Captain getting answers or worse; her being exposed. Biting her bottom lip to keep it from trembling, Cliodhna nodded slowly. "I-I'll try to help where I can ma'am....Mr. Erik saved me and I want to repay his kindness...." Looking down, Cliodhna let her hair hang in her face and gripped the loose fabric of her skirt tightly.

"Good then.... now, how is it again that you managed to escape the men holding you when no one else did? Seems like quite a feat Miss, a young escort, by all accounts a weak little thing, escaping a squad of sex-starved soldiers." She stood now, "Then you managed the entire trip from north of Bluefog, all the way to the capitol. Then to top it off, more Imperial soldiers show their face in my town, uniforms and all, to find you and threaten you right as one of my Agents happens by. Not to mention their connection to this man we were holding....." Juliette placed her fingers to the bridge of her nose, "You see where I am going with this? Its an amazing story, but simple is to amazing to be true. Now.... why don't we start from the beginning."

Barely giving herself a chance to breath; Cliodhna let out a flood of words. "He made me do it!" She exclaimed in a panic, eyes wide with fear. "I was really sold to Master Garrett, but he did't have me do what I thought I was suppose to! Instead he made me go back and forth between Bluefog and pass off messages. I can't read very well so I don't know what was on them but he made me give them to the Imperials! I hate them!" She spat, her voice going from fearful to venom filled quickly. "They took over my home and caused my mother to die from her illness! My father was weak and just moved us out instead of trying to fight; mama wasn't strong enough for the trip here.....mama..." Cliodhna could barely keep her emotions in check. "When Mr. Erik killed those other men that night; he really did save me....just not how h-he was thinking." Tears slipping down her cheeks as she spoke. "You have to believe me ma'am, I didn't want to do this. I didn't want to help those monsters but I was too afraid to come here and tell anyone...Master Garrett would have people watch us to make sure we didn't. The ones that tried were killed." Hands covering her face, Cliodhna started to cry harder. "T-there were some notes left in Master Garrett's house, I saw him put them in desk drawer." She managed to spit out between hiccuping sobs.

The Captain shook her hand, exasperation in her eyes, "Calm yourself girl. Show some grace. We are done.... for now." She heard a buzz and touched the pearl in her ear. Listening to the other side she looked up, "Sargent Mynhier is returning. I will send you with him, its late and I have a lot to do." With that she dismissed her to the lobby.

Wiping her eyes with the back of her hand; Cliodhna nodded meekly. Thankfully her quick story was believable enough for the Flame Captain to be satisfied, even if for a short term. When they searched the desk in question; the papers would be found but they wouldn't say much aside from what their intel gathering had already been aware of. Cliodhna knew that much already from her earlier rifling of the Captain's reports in regards to their current mission. Outside the door, she accepted the glass of water from Nivivi with a weak smile. After assuring the Lala that everything was okay; She waited until Erik came to collect her.

He soon arrived. There was a rare sound heard in the Crimson Watch lobby as Erik could be heard arguing with his Captain, even yelling. There came then the sudden silence that a direct order can bring. A few minutes later the Captain's door swung open violently. The Sargent all but slammed it off it's hinges as he closed it behind him. He eyed the young girl sitting in the lobby and calmed his features as he spoke so quiet he could barely hear himself, "Come on then. Let us get out of here."

They walked in silence until they arrived at his home, Tellah waiting for them both as he opens the door. "I have seen to dinner Erik, and I must say it is...." Erik looked worn to a thread as he raised his hand, "I am sorry, but I do not feel like eating at this time, but the girl will eat, her real name is Cliodhna by the by." Tellah nodded, seemingly unphased by the news, "Understood. Shall I show you to the table Miss?" Erik nodded and walked slowly to his office. Collapsing into his chair, he began to think through what his Captain had told him, what had been said, the events as they unfolded. He focused to find the truth.

Optional bg musics

n7TLTjqUyog

Cliodhna shrunk down in her chair as the arguing got progressively louder. Though she could only hear Erik's half; it was clear that the argument was centered on Cliodhna and if her story was true or not. Wincing, she jumped with the door slammed open. Granted, part of the cowering was an act but his sudden throwing of the door was a natural response. Unable to make out what the Flame had said, she assumed correctly and followed him out of the Hall.

Running a hand through her hair nervously, Cliodhna was left with her thoughts the entire way home. It was obvious by his quick strides (her having to nearly jog just to keep up with his pace) that Erik was unsure on what was truth or lie about her. This could end very badly if not played correctly...by this point it wasn't about getting more information; it was about Cliodhna making sure she left Ul'dah alive.

Once back at the highlander's home; she quickly nodded to what was being said between Erik and Tellha before being led to the table. Silently she picked at her meal; unable to keep her gaze from drifting in the direction of the study. Curiously she could feel a small twinge of guilt as she did. Biting her bottom lip and frowning into her plate; Cliodhna stabbed her fork at a piece of meat. There was no reason for her to feel that way, so why did she? She was only doing what needed to ensure her mission was salvaged and her own life extended. Once she got back home; there would be some sort of perk from this ordeal and....he looked so drained...Breathing in through her nose quickly; Cliodhna closed her eyes again, not letting that small threat of compassion grow...at least not consciously.

By this point Tellah had finished his meal and gone into the kitchen. Pushing her chair away from the table, she slowly stood and picked up the plate and tea that had been intended for Erik. Before realizing quite what she was doing; Cliodhna was tentatively kicking at the study door as her hands were full.