Because I've seen the dark side too. (Semi-closed - See 1st post)

As the door creaked open one would not see anything but Erik asleep in the chair of his office, his head upon the desk. To the left of his sleeping head lay the reports he had been given, to the right, his copy of the Enchiridion. Opened to a passage, the only passage his father ever thought of value in the faith he had no faith in. "We do not know each others' strengths. How, then, could we trust one another enough to join sides? So how is this: we travel alongside him, and judge his ability with our own eyes."

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peeking into the office, Cliodhna waited a moment for her eyes to adjust in the dim room. "Erik?" She called out softly, tentatively as if worried of startling him awake. Quietly, she crept into the room; placing the dishes on a convenient side table that housed only a small vase with a flower. Crossing the room; she approached the desk cautiously. "Um....Erik?" She called out again, a hair louder than before.

• 2 months later...

The sudden noise, the close movement, his training had taken over before his eyes even opened. Taking her by her wrist he swung her wide. Despite her hidden skill he threw her to the desk, scattering the tray she had brought and the papers to the floor. His left arm laid across her chest, pinning her hard as his right had drew his blade, the tip of the blade touching her neck. His eyes caught focus of the scene and he quickly released her. As guilty as he was embarrassed he too her had and lifted her to her feet, "I am so sorry. I hope I did not hurt you. It is..... not wise to wake me suddenly."

It was all Cliodhna could do to keep from lashing out at Erik when he grabbed her. Every sense in her body screamed to snap up with her leg to connect with a hard kick to the head as her left arm, not hindered by his, had enough room to knock the blade from her throat before twisting his own wrist hard enough to hopefully drop it. Instead she didn't. Forcing her body not to react caused shakes that could be assumed were caused by fear from his prospective; Cliodhna let out a choking gasp that hinted at a small sob from the sudden attack. Squeezing her eyes shut to hide tears that weren't really there as Erik gingerly set her back on her feet. Taking the perfect moment; she rushed into his arms, her own small ones clinging to his waist tightly. "I-I'm sor-rry..you were just so w-worn out and you hadn't eaten..I-I was wo-worried..." Cliodhna mumbled between more sobs as she willed enough false tears to dampen his shirt sightly.

His arms were still at his side as she pressed into him. He was unsure how to deal with such things. She was young, but she certainly did not feel young pressed against him. He slowly but gently pushed her back and into the chair. He moved swiftly away to her to clean up the mess. "It is alright. I am only glad I did not harm you." He caught himself stealing glances at her as he gathered the papers and food from the floor, unappropriated. He kept his eyes averted, "There is no need to cry. I am sorry I frightened you."

She gave no resistance when he slowly but firmly pushed her into the chair. Covering her face with her hands; Cliodhna wiped her tears away, catching his sparse glances at her between slightly parted fingers. After the few attempts over their time together; she had started to think his resolve was obstinate but though normally an attack like that would have left any other person on the floor; it worked in Cliodhna's favor. She could see the ever so small cracks in his attempts to keep a distance from her, the thought of his attention caused another infuriating blush to threaten. Biting the inside of her lip hard she closed her eyes and attempted to refocus. She had to gain more of his trust and get out after taking care of this loose end.

Sliding from the chair she moved to the mess he was cleaning and started to help; carefully gathering the shards of broken ceramic in her skirt as he sorted papers from food. "...I was afraid..." She started softly, not meeting his gaze and hiding her face behind her blonde hair. "...But I think...I think it was just an outburst from leftover fear after what happened with your commander..." She winced at the memory as if it were still painful in her mind. "I don't think you would hurt me...and besides," Giving a ghost of a laugh. "It's not the first time I've been handled roughly, at least you didn't mean it." Tilting her head, Cliodhna leveled her gaze on him with slightly parted lips. Once she was sure he was looking, she discreetly cut her finger on the glass giving out a soft cry as blood welled.

Setting the items on the table he walked to her, taking her hand in his, looking at the cut. "You must be careful." Taking a handkerchief from his pocket he wrapped it tight. "Come with me." He lead her to the kitchen. Unwrapping her hand he placed it in the sink and touched the aether shard at the base of the faucet. Cool water begins to flow out, washing away the blood. Leaving her there and going to the washroom, returning with a small blue bottle.

"For someone who has survived so much, you are having a very bad night." he said as he turned off the water. He uncorked the bottle and poured the blue glowing liquid over her finger. A faint light shined from the cut as the flesh knitted and closed over. Returning the cork to the bottle as he returned it to the washroom cabinet. He came back to her, steeling himself as he did. "It is late, and we both need rest. I will see you in the morning Cliodhna."

Quietly she let Erik lead her to the kitchen and let him clean and treat her cut. "I don't think so. It's better than how I was before." Once healed, she held it up to look at before turning to him with a soft smile. "Thank you." Her words were simple, but the emotion behind them were strong.

Tucking a unruly lock of hair behind her ear, she looked up at Erik a moment; her green eyes tracing the contours of his face. "Don't make me sleep alone please!" Almost on their own accord, the hushed words were out of her mouth as her newly healed hand quickly flew to her mouth. "I-I'm sorry...I don't mean...I'm just..." Stammering, Cliodhna stared at the floor, blushing deeply. "After these last few days, I'm just scared to sleep in the room by myself....But I'm sure that sounds silly...."