Artsy Fartsy (My Art) - Commissions RAWR!

Hiya!

I'm new to FFXIV ARR, long time RPer, and aspiring artist. I haven't done any art of my characters on here yet, but I plan to soon (since I just started playing a week or so ago)! I'm still figuring out which characters I'll main. >.> Ah well.

Until I get some FFXIV art up, I just wanted to share some other pieces I've done in other games. Definitely looking foward to doing art for FFXIV. :3

Links: Main Blog - Geneticdork and Art Blog - Pixipel and Deviantart - Digiartlink

COMMISSION INFO!

Currently I'm only going to be doing portraits for gil. If someone wants a full body or detailed coloring/shading, then they'll need to pay with real money.

Commissions should be done within a day, to a couple days, or at most a week, depending on my RL situation. No refunds unless I am unable to complete your piece within a couple/few months. Payment must be given in full at the start, and not after it's completed.

Below are the prices for commissions. [subject to change]

Real Money:

-Currently closed until I come up with prices-

Completed Commissions:

1. Nanomi Nomi

EaWqppA.png

2. Verad Bellveil

bZJWu9H.png

3. Wolf Jaeger

tumblr_nd08sguF571s34k10o1_500.png

4. R'dyen Terusun

3hSP2V3.png

5. Merrick Soros

yHP3qs0.png

6. Belgorian Spellsmith

IkoYzdf.png

7. Lacey Orwell

hgJKl56.png

8. Kazas Arkon

bQoWZbS.png

Commission Queue:

• Poe Lhyzeal
  • Ha'uruh Nunh
  • L'ysion Tia

A few art pieces are in the spoilers (Non FFXIV ones for now. Will post related stuff soon!)

Link

tumblr_n8u6o0cwQ31s34k10o1_1280.png

Link

tumblr_n9g16fxDjP1s34k10o1_1280.png

Link

tumblr_n8bjc1CshO1s34k10o1_400.gif

Link

tumblr_n5oqckU5551tv9fywo1_1280.png

Link

tumblr_n5ohingFG21tv9fywo1_1280.png

Link

tumblr_n5n7qx7Qqs1tv9fywo1_1280.png

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:bouncy: Please tell me there are commission slots open.

What Jaques said.

What Melkire said.

What Crisiet said.

What Warren said

What .. crap he doesn't have a name.

What FRANZ SAID.

I really like your portrait style!

What Jaques said.

What Melkire said.

What Crisiet said.

What Warren said

What .. crap he doesn't have a name.

I really like your portrait style!

His name is Franz. I'll edit this post if you edit yours. ;)

It looks like she used a program called Emofuri, which is *really* neat -- but unfortunately entirely in Japanese. :V

I wanted to give it a whirl, but I don't know if I have the patience to kinda wrangle with the Japanese interface.

Yup! It's Emofuri. Basically you draw your character to make a template for the program, and then place certain "rigging areas" or whatever in different locations. Everything has a different layer too. Like the eye whites, eye balls, eye lashes, etc, are all on different layers, and so on. 

Unfortunately though it is only in Japanese. There are some tutorials online though that help some. But you also have to configure your computer - change the local to Japanese or something, in able for it to work at all.

So it's sort of complicated and a bit annoying to deal with. But the results are fun!

I finally made myself do it. I did my first art for FFXIV ARR. I'm sort of in an art slump at the moment, but I did a somewhat quick portrait of one my mains, Misha, who is a Miqo'te. Since this is my first art of her, the style/her appearance may change later on.

Edit: Woops, I forgot to add her markings. x_x Added those now to the new one.

Link

jGooE16.png

What is it about Balmung that seems to attract such lovely and talented people? ^_^

Here's my thought on it.

An artist can draw something amazing, beautiful even, but I think if the artist roleplays it allows them to give a life to whatever they are drawing. It's not just some pretty colors on some paper, it's a living, breathing thing.

Also, Balmung is amazing. c:

What is it about Balmung that seems to attract such lovely and talented people? ^_^

Here's my thought on it.

An artist can draw something amazing, beautiful even, but I think if the artist roleplays it allows them to give a life to whatever they are drawing. It's not just some pretty colors on some paper, it's a living, breathing thing.

Also, Balmung is amazing. c:

I agree fully with this!

Also a very well drawn piece <3 I like it :D

I'm thinking of starting commissions again. I may just first start off with sketches first, for gil. Something I can get done relatively quickly. 

Though being new to the game, I'm not quite sure how much I should charge for a sketch. I'd probably only do busts and maybe waist ups for now. And may not do gil commissions for long, and just go entirely to RL money soon.

For now though, what'd be a good price to offer for bust and waist up sketch commissions? I'll post some links below to what those would be.

Maybe I could throw in some B/W shading or flat colors for extra gil.

Some examples:

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Link 4

Link 5

Link 6

Link 7

• 2 weeks later...