What's something nobody expects your character to be/do?

... Nylesa has an obsession with food and eating. She works out enough to where she gorges on food, since she is a Monk and must stay physically fit. Her main obsessions are sandwiches, milkshakes, and chocolate bubbles (personally made by Rhysati).

She's literally cried once because she dropped a sandwich on the ground. Not a lot of people expect her mourn a sandwich, but she totally will. And chocolate. Definitely chocolate.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... Nylesa has an obsession with food and eating. She works out enough to where she gorges on food, since she is a Monk and must stay physically fit. Her main obsessions are sandwiches, milkshakes, and chocolate bubbles (personally made by Rhysati).

She's literally cried once because she dropped a sandwich on the ground. Not a lot of people expect her mourn a sandwich, but she totally will. And chocolate. Definitely chocolate.

I wouldn't put it pass Nylesa to chain Menelwen to the kitchen one day to just make her sandwiches.

I wouldn't put it pass Nylesa to chain Menelwen to the kitchen one day to just make her sandwiches.

.... (plotting)

I could swear I've posted in this thread before, but I don't see a post from me... weird.

Dogberry's first IC action was to win a riddle contest. Being a Roegadyn, he was already practically a unicorn. He blew their expectations out of the water when he proved he wasn't dumb. People who didn't know him began calling him "Smart Roegadyn" as if that set him apart from all the other Roes out there. You can imagine how insulting that would be. He began calling people out on that and they were doubly surprised. I really don't know what people expect Dogberry to be, but they're surprised when he displays any kind of intelligence at all.

Dimona doesn't like vanity or arrogance or people who flaunt themselves.  She is a pretty girl though (large boobs, hourglass-shaped, fair complexion, smooth skin, pretty face, etc.) but constantly says she wants to be valued for more than her appearance.  Her secret is that her beauty is really important to her and she is afraid of getting old and losing that.

I thought I posted on this thread awhile back but I guess not.  I don't like giving too many spoilers and stuff but this is a fun category so here's a few:

Couple references to boobs in few previous posts so I suppose I'll start there.  She wears robes and concealing clothing often to veil the fact that her chest is extremely large.  This isn't so much a secret to those who know her, but I can see where it may be to some who only see her in certain settings where she is robed or armoured.  It is also no secret that she's self-conscious about them and wishes she was more slender and lithe "like elezen should be."

Eva often gives off the impression she is unsure or otherwise lacks confident.  This is an illusion.  She never really lies outright, but she prefers people think less of her.  She is more confident, more intelligent, and more clever than most might figure her to be.  To amend to the above paragraph, she has used her curves on more than one occasion - uncharacteristically - to achieve some goal.  This body confidence has come gradually over several years, but her underlying mentality is that they're more of a curse than a blessing.

In addition to being reasonably competent with a polearm and having some command over aether (healing and water magics in particular) she is proficient at wielding daggers, but keeps this knowledge to herself.  It isn't a "closet ninja" thing either, just a expertise pertaining to wielding and throwing the weapon.  She also was taught sleight-of-hand and knows a number of parlor tricks which have proven useful on occasion and are a bit unorthodox for your average priestess (though pulling gil coins out of childrens' ears is always a hit!)

Finally - and I'm hesitant to post this one but throwing caution to the wind - Eva is a far more sexual character than most would probably figure her to be.  That whole "lady on the streets freak in the sheets" thing absolutely applies.  The caveat being that this side of her character only manifests itself after she is firmly entrenched in love with her man.  Throughout her life she has only had a few relationships, and she is very guarded, private, and fiercely protective of her love interest.  Devotion, monogamy, loyalty, however you want to call it.  That foundation takes a [frustratingly] long time to build for it to be sufficient for her to carry a relationship further.

She has a number of other little secrets and quirks but this was more than enough for one post.  :blush:

• 3 weeks later...

Eleni would never be cold hearted or cruel, two things that just aren't built into her personality. She is an optimistic, cheerful and positive girl with a big heart and lots of kindness and warmth in it. It is so far impossible (I say so far because RP can change characters drastically in ways they never imagine! :surprise: ) that she strays from this character of hers.

Interestingly, she is fiercly loyal and protective of friends (and her partner *cough cough*), and would not hesitate at all from raising her bow and possibly even killing -anyone- for those very close to her heart. (I mean, look at that smiley face of hers! Could she even hurt a fly??) And although she does does have a positive attitude and is kind, she -has- killed people (random NPC people in game, she hasn't had a bad reputation with any PC so far).

Lastly, on a more personal note, Eleni has one hell of a sexual appetite. (This Seeker one has quite a few hidden kinks :surprise: ) She wouldn't seem like it, but you haven't seen her when she's all riled up! :blush: That said, she is sincere, faithful and loyal and hence it is only up to her partner to satisfy that appetite.

Is that enough hidden insight? :| (Because I can't think of anything else, lol)

Lost River: Instead of being her usual brooding Black Mage self, she actually likes cute cuddly things; its a double "What?" with her being a Roegadyn. Previously, it was revealed that Lost River also has a daughter.

Ophelia Rainteau: To be sober and serious; she's often seen as a care-free drunkard instead of a magitek technician. She doesn't work drunk, but when she's done; she hits the taverns.

Senah Fashonti: To -not- be happy. Senah is happy or at least portrays happiness in everything she does; its often odd for her to not smile. But, she is not always smiling on the inside.

Lucinne Jandalaine: To care for/read for children and be a general caregiver. Being in the military life, then went freelance as a sellsword, one would think she didn't have time or care for anything that wasn't on the battlefield.

I guess it's more of a desire as opposed to something to be or a thing to do, but my highlander gal has a secret desire to grow her hair out and put on a dress and be SUPER PRETTY for a day.

But she has no real reason to do that so she doesn't.

Ameline preaches tolerance, love, and kindness while being known for her good listening skills and patient demeanor. That said, she isn't nearly as frail as she'd like people to think; she's just lived a hard life and enjoys being doted on by friends and loved ones - especially those of high social class/standing.

For Garrett, because of his calm nature, pleasant attitude, desire to teach, and willingess to help, no on ewould suspect he's a specially trained combatant, and fought at Cartenau.

For Sieghart, being a big highlander withbackground aboard a pirate ship, and the better part of a decade with a mercenary group, it might seem odd that he's with the Ala Mhigan resistance, and that his real occupation is paranormal investigator.

Something nobody would know about Melody is, she doesn't like going into ocean water.  She's never been around it before she and Brio set off on their own.

So she thinks to herself....it's icky.

Not that anyone would know anything about Melody yet because I've yet to pop my socially anxious bubble and RP with strangers...

o_o 

*runs and hides*

Not that anyone would know anything about Melody yet because I've yet to pop my socially anxious bubble and RP with strangers...

o_o 

*runs and hides*

Remind me to stalk you in-game later. We'll get you some contacts. :D

Q_Q

I would love that so much!  Thank you!

o_o 

*runs and hides*

Q_Q

Where is she typically found, and any interests/habits in particular?

o_o 

*runs and hides*

Q_Q

I usually park her on the railing outside the Quicksand by the fountain. 

She likes to read, and she draws a little bit in her journal when she wants to remember a nice moment. She's smart, but doesn't know a lot about how the world works or other people around her.

She is a highly sarcastic smart-arse, but kind and mostly polite.

I usually park her on the railing outside the Quicksand by the fountain. 

She likes to read, and she draws a little bit in her journal when she wants to remember a nice moment. She's smart, but doesn't know a lot about how the world works or other people around her.

She is a highly sarcastic smart-arse, but kind and mostly polite.

Oooo, sarcasm! I can have fun with this. after taking a break from Ul'dah-city RP to resolve some IC issues Franz had with it, I've been putting him back in slowly, here and there. I'll keep an eye out :)

...or if I ever get around to leveling this one alt, she might make an appearance when I get get her out of Limsa.