What's something nobody expects your character to be/do?

Oooo, sarcasm! I can have fun with this. after taking a break from Ul'dah-city RP to resolve some IC issues Franz had with it, I've been putting him back in slowly, here and there. I'll keep an eye out :)

...or if I ever get around to leveling this one alt, she might make an appearance when I get get her out of Limsa.

I'm looking forward to it!  So much!  

Ok, sorry for de-railing.  Done now. :D

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooo, sarcasm! I can have fun with this. after taking a break from Ul'dah-city RP to resolve some IC issues Franz had with it, I've been putting him back in slowly, here and there. I'll keep an eye out :)

...or if I ever get around to leveling this one alt, she might make an appearance when I get get her out of Limsa.

I'm looking forward to it!  So much!  

Ok, sorry for de-railing.  Done now. :D

Off topic bits are always welcome in the threads I make if they provide meaningful conversation.

On topic:

Something people may not expect of Franz? Despite being a big, tall, and muscular, he's a complete softie to most people. He'd hope for nothing more than to appear non-threatening, unless required. 

He's also got masochistic tendencies. In a recent scene where a very crazy lady was launching arrows at him, we got a "thank you Miss, may I have another?" ...At least he was holding all the arrows to make sure nobody else got hit. That's redeeming, right?!

• 4 months later...

Have an intellectual conversation.

Kal isn't stupid. Far from it, but she's a brat and most of her time spent around people involves flirting or harassing people. She often enough tries to get people to have fist fights with her as well just for the hell of it, so people tend to think she's more muscle than brains. She really seems to be more interested in Fighting, Flirting, and Drinking.

If you can distract her from her normal bratty routine she'll drop the act and could probably be a pretty good conversation partner. Most people don't bother though.

People also don't expect Kal to be serious about anything because a lot of the time she acts like she's not.

A lot of people seem to think Kal is lazy too because of how she tends to act around people, but really you can't have the muscles she does by being lazy. She's a really hard worker and can be quite serious. She doesn't get much for work from her FC because of this rep people have pinned her with, so she goes out and finds work herself. Often taking the more physically demanding and harder jobs that people may avoid because of danger or just the amount of work that they may feel isn't worth the pay.

For Dheina people are always surprised when she does something brave or says something smart, or points out something that most people seem to miss.

Dhei's nickname is panic cat for a reason, but she's also very protective of others and will even be willing to stand in front of someone to try to protect them. Granted she'll be weeping and shaking like a leaf in a storm, but she hates seeing other people hurt more than she hates herself being hurt. She could be utterly terrified but still want to help protect others. Someone once told me that for a deadly sins thing they thought her sin would be Sloth (If not Gluttony, because holy damn does she like food and eat a lot for such a tiny thing), but Dhei isn't lazy at all. She's not good at most things, but she will try her hardest to do whatever it is she is supposed to/needs to. Sure she likes to lay around in the sun and nap, but that's when she doesn't have anything that she feels is urgent. If someone asks something of her or she has an assignment to do something though she'll work as hard as she can and do the best she can to get the thing done.

She's also pretty observant and often times notices details others may overlook. She's not stupid so much as simple and that can actually be an advantage in some situations. Of course if she's freaking out then reasoning skills go out the window.

• 3 months later...

I could've sworn I had posted in here, but reading the older posts - it seems like that's not an uncommon situation.

The easiest one would likely be Judge - considering all the reactions at the last Grindstone, it was pretty obvious people weren't expecting what was under that helmet. :lol:

As for little Chachan? I guess it'd be a surprise to know just how far he's willing to push himself to protect those he cares about. He's a dorky little guy who is surprisingly skilled in being a smith and wants to be a hero. However, it's only been in a few situations where he's shown just how far he's willing to go to defend someone.

Such situations have included walking into the mouth of a nightmare beast as the sacrificial lamb to see if it was safe, taking several brain-rattling blows for someone else, and interceding himself between two friends and a massive fireball.

This is the same kid who gets flustered around pretty girls still, stumbles over big words, and gets all worried when someone's working themselves too hard.

I know most of Oskwell's close friends were pretty surprised when they first saw him pull off a jump. He's been so far-removed from his homeland that he's pretty much lost any air of nobility or attitude that would tip him off as a former knight of Ishgard.

Most people can tell at a glance that he knows how to use a spear, but he normally comes off as way too inept to pose a serious threat. It's only when the chips are down and lives are at stake where he actually puts his experience to work. It's also the reason he tends not to do well at the Grindstone, or in any sparring environment, for that matter. He has trouble giving his all in any fight in which the outcome isn't life or death.

Hammer can sing and dance.  Decently, not just drunken slurring and shuffles.

Speaking of which: His slurred speech isn't an accent, and it's not because he's stupid either.  What?  You think you get away from a head injury without something to show from it?

For someone so invested in metallurgy, smithing, gear works and black powder, Hammer's younger formative years were spent in a tribal-esque level of tech and culture.

Which, given his views on 'civilized' magic means it might also be safe to say he knows a little bit of their mystic ways as well.

Hammer is old knows a lot about war and sieges, and really doesn't like the Shroud.  You know who else happened a long time ago, did a lot of war, is suspicious of trees and came under siege in the last few decades?  Ala Mihgo.

Aaron generally wears all black to the point that now any other color he wears will shock people. It's always "You're NOT wearing BLACK? WHO ARE YOU!?" or something similar. so yeah, nobody expects him not to come outside in black from head to toe.

He's also a decent cook, just will never tell anyone that.

And a recent one is fighting for real, Aaron has let plenty people assault him and he wont attack back. He'll either let himself get attacked or he'll dodge or defend. But he won't ever really try to hurt the person.

For Asmodean, three things come to mind. First would be the fact he is in fact a merchant even if he doesn't live that life anymore. He still has a few connections, he can still call on if needed, making him a boon to any whom may need the help.

Next would he has a ear for music when it come to the piano. When he was young he was trained to play and while he hasn't practiced in a long time, he be able to play back a tone by ear given a few bells to relearn the notes.

Lastly would be how much anger and self loathing fills the huyr. He's seems to be a humble and straight forward man with little amiss. However, he keeps up a simple mask to keep others from questioning it. This, however, has been fading since I started to rp him so no one isreally seeing how bad it was when I first thought him up.

Makoto is the shy, quiet, mousy type who always tries to be polite. If others knew her true thoughts, however, they would see that she is actually quite foul-mouthed, impatient, and vindictive against those that cross her.  However, her discomfort with other people causes her to try to avoid standing out so most people don't see her true self.

Nobody expects Nekhii to be as self-reliant as he is because of how much of a crybaby he can be but he's really knowledgeable about living out away from society and living alone suits him just fine even if he does crave acceptance more than anything else.

Even if Jade is a scrawny twig man he's actually pretty strong.

Nobody expects that Jancis could... sing about being possessed by voidsent.

AdIqVNR.jpg

Canon >_>

Other things a lot of people don't expect is she can fight. Not well, but will nonetheless.

Or she's not from high life, she grew up with nothing in the middle of nowhere.

Or that she likes romance. She calls them 'warm books'.

This is a complicated question to answer, considering that Sasha puts on different masks around different people, so everyone will expect something different from her. Some see her as a serious, stick-in-the-mud, uptight researcher, so they don't really expect her to be as playful as she is once she shrugs off that mask. Others don't expect her to be as morally grey and "neutral" towards certain things some might consider cruel, even acts of kindness are to be taken with surprise by some. 

I suppose the fact that she lies so much and has so many "masks" is something people simply on't expect from her, as she usually does come across as being (relatively) genuine and honest, even when her motives are questioned, people have never truly distrusted her to the point she couldn't take advantage of this.

Despite her tendency toward "refined" things, if Corelyn gets to drinking, she's a silly, flirtatious, and generally loud, boisterous type. This may have gotten her into trouble once or twice.

Dail'a has a soft spot for coeurls and kittens. He finds them absolutely adorable and the point to which he adores them is silly.