So I caved and decided to create a character on balmung to rp with,,,,

to my terror to find that there are character creation restrictions...how long do these last?

They're all over the place. Most people I know typically can make a character between the lovely hours of 2AM-8AM PDT / 9AM - 3PM GMT.

I typically have had the most luck around 4AM-6AM PDT, which is when I wake up to go to work.

Thank you, have been lurking the forums as of late and got very active. I used to be a DnD roleplayer and spent many a time just relaxing in Goldshire in World of Warcraft...Hitting T9, leveling every class and leaving the rest of the week open has left me....well bored really. I missed the interpersonal interactions and was hoping for pockets of RP in Behemoth and found none. 

asking here and Reddit. I don't want to abandon my raid group or rl friends. So I'll be coming over to balmung on a fresh character....is it hard to locate RP'rs? I heard many are in the adventurer's guilds

I also realize that this line of question may lead this to have been more suitable in the RP section and apologies if it does

Thank you, have been lurking the forums as of late and got very active. I used to be a DnD roleplayer and spent many a time just relaxing in Goldshire in World of Warcraft...Hitting T9, leveling every class and leaving the rest of the week open has left me....well bored really. I missed the interpersonal interactions and was hoping for pockets of RP in Behemoth and found none. 

asking here and Reddit. I don't want to abandon my raid group or rl friends. So I'll be coming over to balmung on a fresh character....is it hard to locate RP'rs? I heard many are in the adventurer's guilds

I also realize that this line of question may lead this to have been more suitable in the RP section and apologies if it does

Go to the Quicksand in Ul'dah. You will never be able to catch up on the chat log ever again.

In seriousness, Balmung's got RPers EVERYWHERE. It's great!

Thank you for the reply, will I be able to stumble into the gridanian adventurer's guild and find people? I plan lancer to dragoon and as such will be in gridania. have story picked out and all. Would like to hop right into it as soon as the cutscene ends.

I've seen a few people in the city, but many of the Gridanian RPers are out and about in the forest. Most of the stuff I center around is Ul'dah-based, so I'll let the people who RP in the Shroud speak up on that.