Ishgard and Duskwights?

Tiergan

I heard someone mention that Duskwights can be found in Ishgard. Is this true? Do we see a couple actually in game? Are they VASTLY outnumbered by the Wildwoods?

The background on Duskwights states that they generally avoid cities because they dislike the 'shackles' of society, so I figured Ishgard would be the last city they would ever try to live in.

Ishgard is more xenophobic than racist, and possibly pre-dates the 500-year divide between Wildwood and Duskwight. There's speculation that House Dzemael might be a Duskwight house. Other than that, nothing much more concrete.

Jandelaine and his brother are also minor nobles, so judging from that it's possible for Duskwight to be nobility in Ishgard.

I don't know the exact numbers but at least one of the houses is Duskwight, and you do meet a couple of them.

Like the Duskwights researching the Gelmorran ruins in the Shroud, or the lady of Haukke Manor there's evidence that this racial trend is with a fair number of exceptions.

Crisiet was able to mention more off the top of his head than I can and I don't have full access to my notes at work ;-;

I heard someone mention that Duskwights can be found in Ishgard. Is this true? Do we see a couple actually in game? Are they VASTLY outnumbered by the Wildwoods?

I recall there being a couple, not many. Just as there are a few duskwights in Mor Dhona, Thanalan, and Gridania. It seems that the two "Evil-doer" races (Keepers and Duskwights) appear most often in the world as adventurers and sellswords.

Also the fact that Lady Amandine of House Dartancours is Ishgardian Duskwight...

Interesting! I know there are four "High Houses", but I didn't know there were other noble houses as well. I really have to go re-remember all the stuff I did in Ishgard for the MSQ. <.<;

Well we've seen evidence that Duskwight Ishgardians do indeed exist. As someone mentioned above, one of the moogle quests tells us that Jandelaine and his brother, both Duskwight, are of a lesser noble family belonging to house Dzemael. 

The high-houses of Ishgard do indeed have lesser noble families within them. Whether they are noble families due to familial ties with the head family or not I have no idea. 

Looking at NPCs, Duskwight are indeed outnumbered by Wildwood elezen. It's entirely possible that Dzemael has a greater number of Duskwight but they are also the least represented house in-game at present. 

Their hold in Coerthas is a cave though HINTHINTNUDGENUDGE. I have no idea if that's a hint from SE, or if it's just because it makes sense to hide from dragons in a thing they can't set on fire. Sadly the NPCs guarding the Darkhold are fully armoured, so we can't get a look at their character models. (There are a mixture of House Durendaire and Dzemael knights guarding it, iirc.)

I often see the misconception that NPCs like Haurchefant are Duskwight. This is incorrect. He has earclasps, which are a wildwood specific feature.

Well we've seen evidence that Duskwight Ishgardians do indeed exist. As someone mentioned above, one of the moogle quests tells us that Jandelaine and his brother, both Duskwight, are of a lesser noble family belonging to house Dzemael. 

The high-houses of Ishgard do indeed have lesser noble families within them. Whether they are noble families due to familial ties with the head family or not I have no idea. 

Looking at NPCs, Duskwight are indeed outnumbered by Wildwood elezen. It's entirely possible that Dzemael has a greater number of Duskwight but they are also the least represented house in-game at present. 

Their hold in Coerthas is a cave though HINTHINTNUDGENUDGE. I have no idea if that's a hint from SE, or if it's just because it makes sense to hide from dragons in a thing they can't set on fire. Sadly the NPCs guarding the Darkhold are fully armoured, so we can't get a look at their character models. (There are a mixture of House Durendaire and Dzemael knights guarding it, iirc.)

I often see the misconception that NPCs like Haurchefant are Duskwight. This is incorrect. He has earclasps, which are a wildwood specific feature.

Awesome! Thank you for the info.

I notice that someone mentioned House Dartancours which is not one of the main 4 houses.

Does that mean there are Houses within the High Houses that have different noble families inside of them or are there just other houses other than the High Houses that possibly have different noble families inside of them?

No joke, I saw a Miqo'te npc in House Fortemps yesterday. They may not be welcoming to outsiders, but it seems that Ishgard does not discriminate too much on race.

I think I know which you're talking about. They're an adventurer. House Fortemps is known to welcome outsiders much more openly than the other houses.