Expansion Announced: Heavensward, releasing Spring 2015

Zyrusticae

I just have to wonder if the cap raise will effect our Cross-Class abilities. What if any of the new abilities will be there or if some lower level skills will be made available. I know for example that I never use Cure outside of RP or the occasional dying newb. We all know Cure is a joke past what? Level 10? But I would love to see the cap raise give us a few options. I know I would trade Cure for something useful for solo like Esuna, or even Cure 2.

I'm not suspecting much. Remember, LEVEL never influenced what skills you could take, only how many you could bring with you. I've run Sastasha while Stoneskinning myself. We'll probably get access to 6 total skills. I'd be flatly surprised if paladin gets Cure 2. I'd rather see HOLY SUCCOR COME BACK COME ON SE YOU KNOW HOW OFTEN I BRING THIS UP

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know Cure is a joke past what? Level 10? 

Hey, that cure saved me from Twintania on Turn 5 with bonus 100 HP while I was 1% from downing it for some reason!

But yes, we need more extension abilities for PLD Cross Class abilities. I swear, Stoneskin is the only useful cross class with CNJ aside from Raise but Raise is also non-combat only too.

I like the wordplay you can get from the name.

Heavensward - toward the heavens. Going to the sky island, Ishgard, whatever.

HeavensWard - to ward the heavens. Ward is an archaic way of saying guard or protect.

Don't forget "HeavenSward" (as in a patch of short grass in heaven (lol)), and how close it is to HeavenSword (which I've seen some people seriously suggest the actual name is a misspelling of).

Quadruple entendre! Gotta give Koji Fox his due, he does good work.

My biggest issue about this expansion and ARR was that the Musketeers are left ignored and that Musketeer Guild is ever empty in Limsa Lominsa since 1.0.

I am really wondering when Yoshi-P will ever think about bringing this class into it's play. I know people are hyped about Dark Knights and Samurais, but how did everyone just forget about this gunner class? I feel like I was the only one who really enjoyed Corsair for FFXI.

• Gun Class (Musketeer) & Unnamed Gun Job.
    • Gun Class/Job not what people are expecting.
    • Producer Letter Live III depicts a dual-wielding gun class. Dual wielding guns.
    • Information on job to be released at Fan Fest alongside expansion. (06/19/2014; Nova Crystallis

<|FOUND IT|>

Dual wielding? Really?

You guys do know the job reveal will... be revealed in London, right? Doomsay AFTER they confirm DRK, PUP and BST.

• Gun Class (Musketeer) & Unnamed Gun Job.
    • Gun Class/Job not what people are expecting.
    • Producer Letter Live III depicts a dual-wielding gun class. Dual wielding guns.
    • Information on job to be released at Fan Fest alongside expansion. (06/19/2014; Nova Crystallis

<|FOUND IT|>

Dual wielding? Really?

Have you overlooked the crossed-pistols in both Limsa and the FC crest design that have been in the game since pre-release?

Asked him about the Heavensward slide that mentions "new multiple jobs" and how it doesn't say "classes" and whether or not that was intentional. He said I have a good eye.. and that he can't say anything. Interpret that as you will.

From http://gamerescape.com/2014/10/20/aetheryte-radio-71-fan-fest-2014/

Get ready to say goodbye to your base classes, folks! Change is upon us!

I can see them doing alot with Airships.    

2.0 seems very enclosed and small compared to 1.0 so I hope the higher in the build or expansion count they get, the more open world experience we can get out of the game.

Wish they would give us more PvP. The game is lacking in that department pretty badly.

Flying mounts confirmed. Black chocobos  and single person airships. Other mounts in production.

Mounts getting a speed increase.

Vanu vanu beast tribe and their primal Bismarck.

Gnath beast tribe and their primal Ravana (original character)

Dark knight officially announced. Confirmed as a tank.

Two handed sword as a weapon, also uses 'darkness'. No base class involved, comes with the expansion.

Next new class won't be revealed until Tokyo. Gun class heavily hinted though so.

Live from London fanfest.

• 1 month later...

Greetings, all.

I updated my Heavensward Keynote Gallery with info from the Tokyo Fan Fest. That link goes right to where it starts. I skipped getting the repeat panels. Some of the slides I didn't get because they cut away way to fast to get them.

As for the whole Classless Job stones, here's my prediction on that, based on one of the panels that was streamed from the Vegas Fan Fest: we are not entirely losing the Class coupled with Jobs system. I believe that how they will run it is that there will be "Limited Edition Jobs" they bring out in this fashion, likely with expansions, that have no classes. These will likely be Jobs that just are too unique to have a base Class and second Job type, or just Jobs they don't really feel like having be dualistic because they want them to be iconic as "Limited Editions".

They will continue to release Class coupled Jobs like Rogue in patches, and add in the additional Jobs for current Classes, because they stated that in the panel in Vegas. I don't think they're doing away with the system because of this in depth talk they had at the Fan Fest. It would be rather odd for them to do so.

Just my 2 gil on it. Enjoy the slide gallery!

Greetings, all.

I updated my Heavensward Keynote Gallery with info from the Tokyo Fan Fest. That link goes right to where it starts. I skipped getting the repeat panels. Some of the slides I didn't get because they cut away way to fast to get them.

As for the whole Classless Job stones, here's my prediction on that, based on one of the panels that was streamed from the Vegas Fan Fest: we are not entirely losing the Class coupled with Jobs system. I believe that how they will run it is that there will be "Limited Edition Jobs" they bring out in this fashion, likely with expansions, that have no classes. These will likely be Jobs that just are too unique to have a base Class and second Job type, or just Jobs they don't really feel like having be dualistic because they want them to be iconic as "Limited Editions".

They will continue to release Class coupled Jobs like Rogue in patches, and add in the additional Jobs for current Classes, because they stated that in the panel in Vegas. I don't think they're doing away with the system because of this in depth talk they had at the Fan Fest. It would be rather odd for them to do so.

They actually stated that the current classes were not going away, but that there would be no future classes. Yoshida said back during the development of 2.0 that he didn't like the Class to Job transition and if he could he would have removed classes entirely. The reason we have ROG/NIN is probably because they started development on it pretty early on (considering how long ago Yugiri was revealed initially), and the decision to switch to their original idea for classless jobs probably came too late in its development to change it.

I can't find a citation for this, but I also recall him stating at one point that ACN was a special case and no other class would get the dual job thing. Personally I would much rather they eliminate classes entirely, because after 30 they are no longer really viable to use except under very rare circumstances.

Greetings, all.

They actually stated that the current classes were not going away, but that there would be no future classes. Yoshida said back during the development of 2.0 that he didn't like the Class to Job transition and if he could he would have removed classes entirely. The reason we have ROG/NIN is probably because they started development on it pretty early on (considering how long ago Yugiri was revealed initially), and the decision to switch to their original idea for classless jobs probably came too late in its development to change it.

I can't find a citation for this, but I also recall him stating at one point that ACN was a special case and no other class would get the dual job thing. Personally I would much rather they eliminate classes entirely, because after 30 they are no longer really viable to use except under very rare circumstances.

I'd want to see citation on that, because that doesn't match what they said in Vegas. They specifically stated in Vegas that they're doing Classes to have two roles via Jobs like ACN, and it wasn't a special case. Not buying it till there is citation on it, and unless it was post Vegas Fan Fest, that live streamed panel trumps the information, sorry. =/

I'd want to see citation on that, because that doesn't match what they said in Vegas. They specifically stated in Vegas that they're doing Classes to have two roles via Jobs like ACN, and it wasn't a special case. Not buying it till there is citation on it, and unless it was post Vegas Fan Fest, that live streamed panel trumps the information, sorry. =/

There isn't a single mention of them saying they were going to add double jobs to current classes that I can find, and considering that all of the new Jobs being added are all classless, I'd say it's incredibly unlikely. Yoshida wants to make the game a tribute to old FF games, he never liked the Class > Job transition (as I mentioned), and they don't want to limit themselves to what they can do based on a class when it's easier to just come out with a full Job that does its own thing from the start.

I was there and I do not recall anything about each class getting two jobs like Arcanist. In fact the general tone was the opposite - it was there that Darknight was revealed to have no base class at all.

That sort of news would be huge for us, we would not have missed it.

Mhmm I definitely do not remember anything like this in the major events unless this was done in an off interview.

Though I don't remember him saying that they were getting rid of classes all together, just that Darknight would not have one.

Hey guys.

Here's some speculation - It's been implied by the Sons of Saint Coinach that the Gigas of Mor Dhona believe they're descended from Allagans and thus is why they converge on the tower.

HOWEVER, one of the levequests have to face off against one of their leaders, and the only thing he says and implies there is that they're converging on the tower in order to ascend to the heavens.

Perhaps one could say they're... heavensward?

SO WHAT I'M SAYIN' IS MAYBE WE'LL SEE MORE GIGAS IN THE EXPAC?