Netlink of Eorzea Taverns [The NET - Balmung]

Raltz

[align=center]Welcome to the profile page of the Netlink of Eorzean Taverns![/align]

[align=center]

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_448ol0metz40kw8cgw4cw8wss_1280.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Table of Contents[/align]

• Section I: Roleplaying Information
  • Section II: Non-Roleplaying Information
  • Section III: Summary + List of Taverns

For roleplaying purposes, each NET Coordinator has been given a "seat" that corresponds to a pantheon of the Twelve. If you are an FC leader/officer that would like to join this linkshell, please seek out one of the following people below...

[align=center]List of current NET Coordinators[/align]

•  
  • Seat of Halone - Mira Strauss

• Seat of Menphina - Robert Colt

• Seat of Thaliak -

• Seat of Nymeia - Raltz Waltz

• Seat of Llymlean - Avery Cross

• Seat of Oschon - Garza Redwing

• Seat of Byregot - Sheamus O'shaunessy

• Seat of Rhalgr - Calcifer Kusui

• Seat of Azeyma -

• Seat of Nald'thal - Pepper Pandemic

• Seat of Nophica -

• Seat of Althyk -

Please keep in mind that this is NOT a roleplaying linkshell, however, it does have a background created to help it connect to the roleplaying world. The purpose and mission for this linkshell can be found in Sections I & II of this profile. If you would like to read a summarized explanation, just skip to Section III.

In order to save linkshell member space, we are currently restricting the number of those who can join to just ONE leader, officer and or representative per free company (max three people). It's preferred that FC leaders should be the ones to be part of the NET, unless they can full trust the appoint person(s) to represent their free company.

*** If you are interested in joining the linkshell, please seek out the following NET Coordinators listed above in-game. Should you wish to join the linkshell IC'ly by roleplaying, that will be left up to the discretion of the NET Coordinator as not all coordinators are roleplayers.

*** To contact a NET Coordinator or any FC leaders, officers and/or representatives collaborating with the NET off-game, please use the Discord chat and post a message in there including your full in-game name.

*** For those interested in being a NET Coordinator, please leave a contact info and the times you're available online below in this thread or seek out Raltz Waltz in-game at the Carline Canopy on Fri-Sat between 6pm-12am CST. Should he not be available, please leave a letter with Mother Miounne and she will see that it gets delivered via the Mog Mail (just send a /tell and poke him/me or something xD). Thank you for reading! Happy hunting and save adventuring!

"Netlink of Eorzean Taverns [balmung]" Discord VOIP Server:

Please indicate the days and times you will be available online in-game should you wish to receive an invitation to this linkshell, thank you! - Raltz Waltz

Example:

Raltz Waltz

Sun-Sat 12am-12pm 24/7

P.S. - We're actually not inactive, but I don't feel like doing that monthly post thing. In any case... feel free to send me a /tell in the game if you're interested! o/

• 1 month later...

Impromptu RP

It's a funny concept I'll explain a little further below:

The goal of this project is to design a way to introduce RP to newcomers that isn't intimidating and does not require an extensive background on FFXIV's lore. A secondary goal of this project is to make it easier to generate creative RP that goes beyond the tavern setting.

In short:

It's an optimized form of RP.

"Wait, you can optimize RP?" 

Heh. You can optimize pretty much anything. I'd even argue that RP is no exception.

There's a few things that are required to know beforehand for this type of RP:

• The roles of the characters involved.
  • The setting the RP will take place at.
  • The central plot of the RP.

The idea is that as long as these three points are established, any type of RP may take place at any location at any time. All that it requires is at least two willing parties to start.

The Equation:

Roles + Setting + Plot = Story

I have a proposal to all those involved in this LS:

I would like to launch an initiative to create a "Pub Crawl" for new players, and for players looking to meet new people. The idea would be that we could choose an occasional night to gather together people new to the Balmung RP Scene, and take them on a series of whirlwind visits to the Wardhouses of those FCs who host open taverns, events, and public RP, to introduce them to the opportunities, FCs and locations where they can meet new people and get their own little foothold, while also allowing established groups to see who's new and to help link up prospective RPers with future groups, connections and homes.

The process would involve generating a list of participating locations, inviting interested parties and forming up at the starting spot, and then spending 15-45 minutes at each location, moving to the next one after a set interval. Sponsors/Patrons could prepare a quick presentation/tour/event at their location or introduce key members or to welcome participants. The "crawl" would continue until the last stop, with a final presentation/mini-event, after which participants would be encouraged to continue to RP or visit at their own discretion.

Would it be possible to pass this along to the shell, since this LS seems ideally suited for generating new RP and welcoming new people in this fashion?

I have a proposal to all those involved in this LS:

I would like to launch an initiative to create a "Pub Crawl" for new players, and for players looking to meet new people.  The idea would be that we could choose an occasional night to gather together people new to the Balmung RP Scene, and take them on a series of whirlwind visits to the Wardhouses of those FCs who host open taverns, events, and public RP, to introduce them to the opportunities, FCs and locations where they can meet new people and get their own little foothold, while also allowing established groups to see who's new and to help link up prospective RPers with future groups, connections and homes.

The process would involve generating a list of participating locations, inviting interested parties and forming up at the starting spot, and then spending 15-45 minutes at each location, moving to the next one after a set interval. Sponsors/Patrons could prepare a quick presentation/tour/event at their location or introduce key members or to welcome participants. The "crawl" would continue until the last stop, with a final presentation/mini-event, after which participants would be encouraged to continue to RP or visit at their own discretion.

Would it be possible to pass this along to the shell, since this LS seems ideally suited for generating new RP and welcoming new people in this fashion?

This is a really great idea! I was hoping of doing a mini-festival event that would hosted in all three city-states, but given our current number of NET Coordinators, having to organize and supervise such a huge event might be a big overwhelming.

I will pass this along to the other RP-FC leaders and NET Coordinators and we'll discuss about the idea. I will note that we may need extra people to be tour guides depending on the size of the participants.

• 2 weeks later...

That is true, but I  am reasonably confident that I can help you get some additional people if the idea catches on. That's what I'm hoping to do exactly, in fact.

Well, currently Sundays between 6-9 pm CST at the Carline Canopy is where Raltz will be to accept applications to be NET Coordinators if anyone is interested. If you have other people that are interested, please let them know. Also, sorry for the late reply and thank you!

That is true, but I  am reasonably confident that I can help you get some additional people if the idea catches on. That's what I'm hoping to do exactly, in fact.

Well, currently Sundays between 6-9 pm CST at the Carline Canopy is where Raltz will be to accept applications to be NET Coordinators if anyone is interested. If you have other people that are interested, please let them know. Also, sorry for the late reply and thank you!

And thank you, too! I have notified a few of my partners in persistent planning.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

My role playing partner and I are new to the server and he is new to role play, also I have just recently returned to role playing after taking a break and I am also still learning. We are looking for a way to connect to the role play community and make new friends, plus people understanding of those not as experienced in role play and I think your link shell is fitting. We have created a free company named The Darkwolf Clan the tag is and it is a role playing free company with only us and one other member as of the moment. I am also the one in charge of the role play in this free company. My name in game is indeed River Darkwolf, and my times vary but usually I am always on around 11am central until around 11pm central everyday, I maybe afk at points of time but not usually for very long periods. I look forward to hearing from someone either on here or in game, thanks for your time.

Sincerely,

River Darkwolf

• 9 months later...

That sounds like a really cool initiative. If there is one thing that is hard to achieve in that game, it's bringing up various FCs to RP together, or just getting out of one's own FC...

Thank you! This linkshell is still a work in progress, but so far I think it's doing well. We're currently looking for additional NET Coordinators if there's anyone interesting in applying for the remaining spots listed above. Just send me a /tell in game for details. For the most part, it's just basic management which involves getting the word out to other FC leaders/officers and inviting those who would be interested in being a part of it into the linkshell.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The Discord chat for the Netlink of Eorean Taverns has been added! If you would like to contact any of us NET Coordinators or any of the collaborating FC leaders off the game, please use the Discord chat and post a message in there including your full in-game name, thank you. Happy hunting and save adventuring!

"Netlink of Eorzean Taverns [balmung]" Discord Invitation: https://discord.gg/0OiiEnlAvOYmQ0o2

I'm completely not sure if it's alright to post this here, but if it could be useful to your LS, I'd like to point to the FC Theme list I'm curating recently. The general idea is to provide an easy way to look up FCs & LS by theme or services provided for large scale RP. ^^/ Please let me know if I can help in any way.

Well, if you're interested, the NET could use a secretary or if you want, you could take one of the remaining seats and be a coordinator. Also, Aeons of the Twelve isn't on the list... =c

I'm completely not sure if it's alright to post this here, but if it could be useful to your LS, I'd like to point to the FC Theme list I'm curating recently. The general idea is to provide an easy way to look up FCs & LS by theme or services provided for large scale RP. ^^/ Please let me know if I can help in any way.

Well, if you're interested, the NET could use a secretary or if you want, you could take one of the remaining seats and be a coordinator. Also, Aeons of the Twelve isn't on the list... =c

Ahaha. I can help with either. ^^ I'll message you when I see you in game next. And please feel free to add a profile to the list! xD Spread the word! :3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Happy Mid-Summer! The NET currently has three coordinator spots open. The remaining seats are: Rhalgr, Azeyma and Nophica. Please contact me either in-game, through this forum or our Discord VOIP server if you are interested in the position of NET Coordinator for additional details and information, thank you. Happy hunting and safe adventuring!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't support such an idea, for a couple of reasons. 

#1 some FC's have issues with a player while others might be completely fine with that same person, to have a LS that the FC can spread stuff in is not exactly acceptable.

#2 If a FC is to communicate with another, it's usually supposed to be done between leaders privately depending on what it is. thus this LS in my opinion isn't really needed. 

While i will not be a part of it, i urge proper use of the LS due to it potentially being damaging in more ways than one to those that might not have done wrong.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...