Maelstrom officers, Yellowjackets, and capital R Rogues

Steel here has had service in the Maelstrom as a conscript before Dalamud went poom, but I haven't really thought of her re-enlisting in any official capacity.

...might just do that. Write her in and perhaps give her a new direction. And besides, every good military RP story needs a rookie, right? :>

...plz luv meh.

I've always roleplayed as a Maelstrom corporal serving on behalf of the Uld'ah  division.  Limsa Lominsa's roleplay scheme is pretty much dead, although I'd like to take part in this.  Poke me ingame

While admittedly not as blatantly alive and flourishing as the RP scene in Ul'dah, it is certainly alive and existent. There are any number of reasons why it's not as obvious or out in the open as other cities (no, I'm not trying to make this a city vs. city thread again), many of which were discussed in several other threads on this forum. However, as has been stated numerous times in this thread alone, there are several linkshells and FCs devoted to and working within Limsa Lominsa. Beyond that, there are several "non-affiliated" (those not in a linkshell or FC pertaining to Limsa RP, specifically or not) characters looming about as well.

If you're looking for an RP scene where people are elbow to elbow as they stand around a railing much like in the Quicksand, you'll not find it in Limsa... at least not at this point in time. However, if you're not finding the RP that does exist in Limsa, I might suggest joining the linkshell that many of the posters in this thread are a part of... or even PM'ing them and getting involved with the myriad of stories and plot lines taking place within and around Limsa.

It's not a matter of "knowing where to look" so much as "looking in more than just the Wench". :P

((Sorry about any formatting issues... my iPad hates this site for some reason.))

OK, it seems like there's enough interest. I'll make the LS and start distributing tomorrow. I can't really tonight, as tonight is a coil static night.

So, I have a few ideas for LS names. "The Thin Yellow Line", "Limsa's Finest", and "Admiral's Chosen." I'm not married to any one idea, and if you've got a name that jumps out at you, feel free to suggest it.

I've always roleplayed as a Maelstrom corporal serving on behalf of the Uld'ah  division.  Limsa Lominsa's roleplay scheme is pretty much dead, although I'd like to take part in this.  Poke me ingame

While admittedly not as blatantly alive and flourishing as the RP scene in Ul'dah, it is certainly alive and existent. There are any number of reasons why it's not as obvious or out in the open as other cities (no, I'm not trying to make this a city vs. city thread again), many of which were discussed in several other threads on this forum. However, as has been stated numerous times in this thread alone, there are several linkshells and FCs devoted to and working within Limsa Lominsa. Beyond that, there are several "non-affiliated" (those not in a linkshell or FC pertaining to Limsa RP, specifically or not) characters looming about as well.

If you're looking for an RP scene where people are elbow to elbow as they stand around a railing much like in the Quicksand, you'll not find it in Limsa... at least not at this point in time. However, if you're not finding the RP that does exist in Limsa, I might suggest joining the linkshell that many of the posters in this thread are a part of... or even PM'ing them and getting involved with the myriad of stories and plot lines taking place within and around Limsa.

It's not a matter of "knowing where to look" so much as "looking in more than just the Wench". :P

((Sorry about any formatting issues... my iPad hates this site for some reason.))

Maybe it's  my timezone being terrible compared to other roleplayers.  I might aswell just get affiliated with a couple of linkshells.  

I like the Limsa's  Finest one.  It'd fit for a group of privateers.

I have my sexy man, Carter Perish, who joined the Maelstrom when he was seventeen years old! (His wiki is a work in progress in note pad). Being part of this, and having some role playing, on him might actually get me off my rear to start paying attention to him ^^ I am going to be doing scholar on him, his off class is lancer. So he can either fight, or be a medic!

It's rough out there on these streets. All manner of rippers, hustlers, thieves, scallywags, and worse. No denyin' Limsa Lominsa's a city build on a foundation of blood. But we got a new way of things now. Law's come to this city, crazy as she is. She's our home. And y'always want what's right for your home. The good people livin' here. Your neighbors, the hard workin' ones, just tryin' to get by. That's why we're here. The pirates can hide out on the seas, but here, we are the storm. The Maelstrom. And we'll break 'em on the rocks of justice.

We put on our yellow jackets, and we protect the good folk from the ghosts of the past. We might be outnumbered. Don't bother us none. We just form up and get in a single, unbroken line, unyielding and spread wide. We are The Thin Yellow Line, and we will protect 'til sea swallows all.

[video=youtube]

Join the beat.

Anstarra Silverain, Storm Lieutenant, Foreign Affairs Division, official liaison to the Coerthas Central Highlands Ishgardian military forces.

I've often wondered if there was a coherent effort by players in and around Limsa to RP Maelstrom and other affiliated forces. Sensibly, Anstarra herself does not know too many of the officers actually situated in Limsa, because her own duties bring her so far away. I'd love to change that, though.

((Essentially, Anstarra takes her duties very seriously: I work nights IRL, and am gone for ten hours a night, five nights a week. During that time, she is on patrol in Coerthas. It's a convenient state of affairs, for a cold-loving Seeker, and a good excuse as to where she would be disappearing to while I'm at work xD))