Any mention of pregnancy or birthgiving in-game? Are we even sure we are mammals?

Blue

I'm shocked this thread is still going :dazed:..

But since I've started it in sillyness, I would like end/continue it in sillyness with a theory that I have recently come up with.

Eorzean races' babies are like bed bugs.

What!? Bed bugs males must pierce the female's abdomen in order to reproduce. The female does not have any orifice for reproduction purposes.

So, I believe that Eorzean babies are born with special sharp teeth that they use to pierce their mothers' breasts in order to suck their first milk.

Once weaned, the teeth fall.

As for the pierced breasts, we do seeem to suffer lethal wounds everyday and stay unscathed and smooth-skinned for most of our life, so it is very well safe to assume they just regenerate.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tumblr post

Garuda's design in XIV is based off of Garuda's design in XI. Garuda was a woman who prayed to be granted wings and turned into a Prime, according to the legend. XIV Garuda's got boobs because XI Garuda had boobs.

Garuda was a small bird raised by a young prince. When the prince got attacked by a viper, Garuda looked for means to cure him. Another bird informed her that she should seek the aid of the King of Birds, who could awaken the healing wind, Vuychap. Garuda flew ever further upwards, looking for the King of Birds, but couldn't find him anywhere. Having reached the limits of her strength, she fell from the sky, but her resolve was so powerful that she transformed during her fall, gaining a humanoid shape and regaining her vitality.

She realized that she now had the power to heal the prince, and did so, leaving him afterwards, as she no longer looked like the little bird he had raised. However, it is said that, once the prince grew up, he managed to find her and married her. Upon Garuda's death, Altana transformed her into the Celestial Avatar of Wind because of her loyalty and devotion. Vuychap is the name of the brightest, green-colored star of the Garuda constellation.

Garuda's design in XIV is based off of Garuda's design in XI. Garuda was a woman who prayed to be granted wings and turned into a Prime, according to the legend. She's got boobs because she had boobs.

Garuda was a small bird raised by a young prince. When the prince got attacked by a viper, Garuda looked for means to cure him. Another bird informed her that she should seek the aid of the King of Birds, who could awaken the healing wind, Vuychap. Garuda flew ever further upwards, looking for the King of Birds, but couldn't find him anywhere. Having reached the limits of her strength, she fell from the sky, but her resolve was so powerful that she transformed during her fall, gaining a humanoid shape and regaining her vitality.

She realized that she now had the power to heal the prince, and did so, leaving him afterwards, as she no longer looked like the little bird he had raised. However, it is said that, once the prince grew up, he managed to find her and married her. Upon Garuda's death, Altana transformed her into the Celestial Avatar of Wind because of her loyalty and devotion. Vuychap is the name of the brightest, green-colored star of the Garuda constellation.

*pokes* 

"Garuda was a small bird raised by a young prince."

"Having reached the limits of her strength, she fell from the sky, but her resolve was so powerful that she transformed during her fall, gaining a humanoid shape and regaining her vitality."

EDIT: Poke withdrawn, was confused by how it was edited. Carry on.

I think the implication is with the last part of the paragraph - "she's got boobs because she had boobs." If she had began as a bird, she would not... despite there being a bird called a booby and there certainly being a breast from which to partake from a roast chicken.

EDIT: vvvvv Or not. My bad. :blush:

(This post was last modified: Today 08:55 AM by Warren Castille.)

I know! I got it backwards and edited it summarily!

...unless there's something else I'm not seeing here.

Edit: Beaten by Kage. I didn't want to switch my post and make it look like I got it right the first time, hence the strike and c/p for the lore added.

Ah, gotcha. Just looks confusing the way you kept it up there.

I think on top of the NPC instance I mentioned earlier, someone also brought up the Sahagin mentioning that we don't lay eggs. The quote in question comes from Novv during The Scarlet Bloodletter quest and is as follows:

I imagine a warrior of your ssstature would have much to impart to your hatchlings. Ah, but you shhhorewalkers do not lay eggs, correct?

Which seems pretty definitive on how our characters reproduce.

There are snakes and sharks that give live birth instead of laying eggs. And if I'm reading correctly, the only difference between their method and most mammals is how the unborn are nourished: in most mammals, there's the placental connection where the mother provides nourishment, whereas with the sharks and snakes the young are self contained for nourishment (basically a yolk). Fertilization and gas exchange is nearly identical for both the sharks/snakes and mammals... and, again, the live birth.

... And then, just to be fair to the overall argument, I suppose... we have the platypus. Lays eggs in nests, but still a mammal. And then we have the echidna, which also lays eggs, but carries the egg in a pouch until it hatches and develops a while before emerging, and females don't have nipples but is still a mammal...

Hrm. Okay, maybe XIV races are mammals that evolved from the echidna?

Or maybe SE decided to not show nipples in their game due to rating concerns.

I mean, just tossing that out there.  If you're full-on sure that races in Eorzea aren't mammals, I mean, nothing anyone here could say is gonna convince you otherwise.

I kind of want to go back to the "poop" discussion thread instead. I don't know how this thread derailed into "if boobs and nipple are real in FFXIV"

But in honesty, boobs aren't real in this game. Everyone did a boob job as Jandelaine is responsible to apply them onto your chest.

tumblr post

I don't know if this is a joke at my expense or if you are taking the piss or are actually just being a straight-up asshole, but please stop this. If you happen to not care as much about these things as I do writing off my opinion entirely with this kind of bullshit is completely unacceptable.

I never even once mentioned Garuda or any of the Primals. They're a non-concern for me. I was speaking specifically of non-human non-mammalian races and obviously the Primals are all outliers (as if Titan resembles kobolds in any way aside from having a squat frame, or Ramuh resembles sylphs in any way, etc.). This doesn't even necessarily relate to FFXIV as it stands, as they already do a fairly good job of not being dumb (female kobolds, for example, being largely indistinguishable from the males without their adornments). I just really, really dislike the argument that sticking boobs on absolutely everything is fine because it's "relatable" or "attractive" and other assorted BS arguments along those lines.

Also if you seriously don't think game devs have a very real, very serious problem when it comes to female representation, we're gonna have a bad time.

tumblr post

I don't know if this is a joke at my expense or if you are taking the piss or are actually just being a straight-up asshole, but please stop this. If you happen to not care as much about these things as I do writing off my opinion entirely with this kind of bullshit is completely unacceptable.

I never even once mentioned Garuda or any of the Primals. They're a non-concern for me. I was speaking specifically of non-human non-mammalian races and obviously the Primals are all outliers (as if Titan resembles kobolds in any way aside from having a squat frame, or Ramuh resembles sylphs in any way, etc.). This doesn't even necessarily relate to FFXIV as it stands, as they already do a fairly good job of not being dumb (female kobolds, for example, being largely indistinguishable from the males without their adornments). I just really, really dislike the argument that sticking boobs on absolutely everything is fine because it's "relatable" or "attractive" and other assorted BS arguments along those lines.

Also if you seriously don't think game devs have a very real, very serious problem when it comes to female representation, we're gonna have a bad time.

Aww... but I want to have a good time.

Anyone up for a good time?

What's bad about making female attractive?

I am asking serious question here by the way. I find that placing breasts onto characters make them like a bagel girl and beautiful. I don't see why it's such an issue about how I see in female and female characters.

Having breast, boobies and tits whatever we call them of course

***plays female character solely for attractiveness and their chest size. Will not deny***

tumblr post

Considering this forum is about, and is connected to, a very specific game, can we at least focus on the game in question, and the game devs, practices, and choices specifically made for FFXIV?

EDIT: Ok, got caught up, and it looks like that actually is what we're doing. My concern was that this was going to blow up into a discussion of the "State Of Gaming As A Whole", and if that happens, this thread is going to turn into a nightmare, and fast.

Aww... but I want to have a good time.

Anyone up for a good time?

Even just acknowledging that there's a problem is good enough for me. :)

What's bad about making female attractive?

I am asking serious question here by the way. I find that placing breasts onto characters make them like a bagel girl and beautiful. I don't see why it's such an issue about how I see in female and female characters.

Having breast, boobies and tits whatever we call them of course

***plays female character solely for attractiveness and their chest size. Will not deny***

There is nothing bad about making females attractive, and the fact that you're even asking that question means you misunderstood the premise.

There are countless ways to render an attractive female character without resorting to base sex appeal. The problem is when the exact same template is repeated ad nauseum at the expense of every other possible look, which is just plain old laziness.

I mean, look at this! The guys get to have all kinds of builds and looks, while the girls...?

Considering this forum is about, and is connected to, a very specific game, can we at least focus on the game in question, and the game devs, practices, and choices specifically made for FFXIV?

EDIT: Ok, got caught up, and it looks like that actually is what we're doing. My concern was that this was going to blow up into a discussion of the "State Of Gaming As A Whole", and if that happens, this thread is going to turn into a nightmare, and fast.

Fine. We can talk about the DRG gut window, the lack of pants and the clavicle window on the NIN outfit (lolwut), and other assorted weird things they stuck on female outfits in FFXIV for 2.X that were not present at all in 1.0 for the sake of sexiness.

Or to actually stay somewhat on-topic, we could talk about how female beast race characters are actually representative of doing non-mammalian races at least partly right, with females being largely indistinguishable from males - though they may be going too far into the realm of laziness here in not actually doing anything to differentiate the sexes at all.

Oh, but who am I kidding? Most beast race characters just share models with every other member of that particular race. That's a bit of a shame, really. They could do so much more with that (but only if it wouldn't take dev time away from more important things). Or maybe not, because PS3 limitations. Sigh.

Regardless, the premise of the thread was obviously flawed from the get-go. The Eorzean races of Man all have mammaries, they are mammals. The topic would have ended pages ago if we only stayed on this topic.

Miqo'te should have like six boobs.

And their males should grow spines on their..

... uhhh I'll let you guys google that.

And they are scared of vacuum cleaners.

Garleans invent the laser pointer, the Eorzean Alliance loses a sizeable portion of their fighting force.