Kage

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet no one here will believe I've tried final coil >_>

I hope you don't mind me saying this like this, but

If Aaron can beat T9, NO ONE ELSE HAS AN EXCUSE FOR NOT BEATING T9.

:P

someday when i beat T5....*sigh*

*table flips the game*

Oh? What are you having difficulty with? Mechanics? Finding a group? Gear?

"That kind of attitude"?

Bearing in mind that I know Warren was just joking...

I assume he's referring to the attitude of, "You haven't cleared it yet? You suck, GTFO n00b" that some people (not anyone on this thread!) have. You see it these days in "bonus = kick" groups in PF, DF groups where people leave the moment they see a bonus message, the toxic alliance chat in CT and ST, and the like.

It's the reason why I don't tank in level 50 PUGs unless I come with a group that makes up the majority of the required party, why I don't do anything in PF, and increasingly why I won't even heal DR Expert (because even if the tank pulls 3 groups in minimum item level gear for the instance and refuses to use cooldowns, or the ranged DPS stands in the middle of the fight and gets obliterated by AEs, it's "your fault n00b healer, GTFO and DIAF").

I haven't cleared anything past T3, but there's no way in hell I'm going to DF or PF it -- for the attitude being parodied by Warren is all too real there, and not something I have the desire or motivation to deal with.

*table flips the game*

Finding a group. My new all time favorite reply is "Ah...well someday you'll get one." I hear that from most people and it makes me feel real swell. :thumbsup:

*table flips the game*

Finding a group. My new all time favorite reply is "Ah...well someday you'll get one." I hear that from most people and it makes me feel real swell. :thumbsup:

Hmm! Okay. I'll guess at this point that party finder hasn't given you much to join. Have you tried putting up a PF group of your own?

*table flips the game*

Hey, if you let me know when you're on I will happily come along and help! I'm in EU but often play EST evening if that would fit. 

Alternatively, I'm in a few different endgame LS that has sometimes have people running it if you'd like an invite.

"That kind of attitude"?

I assume he's referring to the attitude of, "You haven't cleared it yet? You suck, GTFO n00b" that some people (not anyone on this thread!) have. You see it these days in "bonus = kick" groups in PF, DF groups where people leave the moment they see a bonus message, the toxic alliance chat in CT and ST, and the like.

It's the reason why I don't tank in level 50 PUGs unless I come with a group that makes up the majority of the required party, why I don't do anything in PF, and increasingly why I won't even heal DR Expert (because even if the tank pulls 3 groups in minimum item level gear for the instance and refuses to use cooldowns, or the ranged DPS stands in the middle of the fight and gets obliterated by AEs, it's "your fault n00b healer, GTFO and DIAF").

I haven't cleared anything past T3, but there's no way in hell I'm going to DF or PF it -- for the attitude being parodied by Warren is all too real there, and not something I have the desire or motivation to deal with.

This pretty much sums up a reason I quit tanking on endgame content. Apparently I had to somehow know every fight I went in or else people would start to bitch about me messing up. At first it made me reluctant to tank but now if I que for something as a tank I straight up say once I'm in the instance "I'm new BTW if you gonna be a ass if I mess up I ask that you please gtfo and have a nice fucking day :)"

Most people either say fine they'll help me (thank you lolnin frenzy) or they just shut up and pray we clear.

*table flips the game*

Hmm! Okay. I'll guess at this point that party finder hasn't given you much to join. Have you tried putting up a PF group of your own?

I had a very bad experience once that makes me near terrified of entering those types of things with people who I don't know. It was my first time tanking Garuda HM and as a tank I was nervous with 7 others.

I messed up as the OT. And the MT yelled at me. But I stayed as I wanted to finish it.

I messed up again and others started yelling at me.

And we wiped again. A chorus of seven people calling me names and telling me I was the worst tank they'd seen, etc. etc. Hurt my feelings and for thirty minutes I put up with it until I just left in tears. Yes...a group of seven people I didn't know made a grown adult cry. I almost quit tanking that day and it took me a LONG time to get back in and beat it with a group of friends. And the same for Titan. I'm more comfortable today in my tanking and my gear helps cover small errors.

The point is, I am sensitive, and scared as hell about touching any new content without friends. Because they will be more forgiving when I make a mistake. Strangers I have found....can be quite cold.

*table flips the game*

I had a very bad experience once that makes me near terrified of entering those types of things with people who I don't know. It was my first time tanking Garuda HM and as a tank I was nervous with 7 others.

I messed up as the OT. And the MT yelled at me. But I stayed as I wanted to finish it.

I messed up again and others started yelling at me.

And we wiped again. A chorus of seven people calling me names and telling me I was the worst tank they'd seen, etc. etc. Hurt my feelings and for thirty minutes I put up with it until I just left in tears. Yes...a group of seven people I didn't know made a grown adult cry. I almost quit tanking that day and it took me a LONG time to get back in and beat it with a group of friends. And the same for Titan. I'm more comfortable today in my tanking and my gear helps cover small errors.

The point is, I am sensitive, and scared as hell about touching any new content without friends. Because they will be more forgiving when I make a mistake. Strangers I have found....can be quite cold.

That's understandable! What I can recommend is that you start lassoing your friends one by one -- ask them about helping you sometime. Schedule something, lasso more friends, have them lasso their friends...and if push comes to shove, grab that last PUG member or two (and have your friends be a wall between any possible meanness and you! You can always replace a douchebag). It takes a great deal of persistence to get it done, and that's just what makes the reward all the sweeter in the end!

It helps that A) you've seen me play and B) you know where I'm coming from.

And I don't know that it's a joke - enough people here have that mentality.