The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales

Gegenji

The previous post was bad and I need to vent super hard.

SYRCUS #17 WAS THE MOST HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE I'VE EVER HAD AND IF I SEE ANY ONE OF THE 23 NAMES IN THERE I WILL QUIT THE RUN ON THE SPOT.

Let's see :

* Bard macro'd their silence and DID. NOT. STOP. spamming party chat with a sound effect.

* Other tank could not spike bosses in threat, leading to bosses just trying to kill everyone else in the raid. I tried to salvage Amon only to find that the self-appointed MT decided that there was NO WAY he was gonna be relegated to MT for one little fucking fight that he completely ignored Kum Kums in order to threat race me, a race he eventually won because quite frankly I suck at threat races because THEY SHOULDN'T HAPPEN IN THE FIRST FUCKING PLACE (hell if you need to tank swap there's things for that).

* Alliance kept blaming the tanks (rightfully so on the first pull, wrongfully so on the others) for the bosses moving around so much at the beginning of the fight. (seeing tanks pls when the reason Xande moved was because MT failed at Knuckle Press... for the 4th time in a row)

Here is an example of my thought processes going hayfuckingwire during this run :

[1] this group is why people hate miqote

[1] someone macroed the bard silence

[1] with a sound effect

[1] Kill me now ;.;

[1] grumble grumble

[1] yup female miqos

[1] confirmed for scourge of the universe

[1] everyone in this run needs to diaf

(someone says they live in LS)

[1] good

[1] you're not in this run

[1] Oh good 3 people died to quaga

[1] tank's 0/4 dodging knuckle

[1] FUCK. THIS. RUN.

[1] I see any of the 23 people involved in that run, I quit it.

[1] proof that competence does not require intelligence in this game

[1] (much less common decency)

[1] and guess which idiot requeued for Syrcus after this

[1] (hint it is me)

Hallowed Ground

Provoke

I macro HG because I sometimes use it before my health gets low. When I do a particularly large pull, I pop Hallowed first and I want to let my healer know not to panic-Benediction me because I'll be fine for 10 seconds while they get situated.

I swap out the plain Provoke for my macro version when I'm in content that involves a tank swap. I also love it when the other tank has a macro for Provoke. It's really useful for me to know by sound instead of staring at the aggro bars, when my cotank has initiated the swap so I can duck behind the boss and drop my tank stance without worry of cleaving the raid. Also, if I don't hear my own macro go off, I know my Provoke didn't actually take. D:  In 4-mans or non-swap fights though I don't bother with the Provoke macro.

And it seems that the new game there : Lost city of Amdapor, last boss, one guy was opening a random door so I wouldn't be able to make a pair just so they would continue to DPS and force me to heal through it.

Honestly there are a lot of small and nasty behaviors like this one which annoy me, but mostly it's the way people are pushing things selfishly to their negative side and never ever listening when you give them an advice (and instead arguing and then, 99% of time attacking me on my english when they lack of argument).

So much tired of idiots when it comes to PVE..

I have a passionate hate relationship with Sastasha HM, because this one week and a bit I got it on my EX Roulette like 8 times in a row. The reason why is because it's usually long, and the fact that it only takes one person to fuck up to make it even longer. 

So yesterday, I was in there with a Ninja DPS who did not understand the concept of an add shackling you, and the concept of having to stay on the boss was also very difficult. We wiped twice, one time because the Ninja didn't kill the add that was shackling him, so he couldn't reach the boss. Presumably he just stood there going ??? whilst accepting his fate of not moving, without looking at his feet. Post-wipe (Boss gunned down the heals) it took me and another person a full 5 minutes to explain that he had to kill the add on his feet and then go back on the boss. I should stress that this person wasn't new to the dungeon. I also noted /why/ he needs to be on the boss, for the gun-shooty thing. 

The second wipe was then caused by the Ninja apparently forgetting the bit about how the boss guns people down and you have to stab him so hard he forgets how to shoot, there was an add on me (Wouldn't have killed me) but I was the target for the shooting, so the Ninja decided to try and save me from impending death by killing the add on me, instead of hitting the boss with me. 

This was then followed by the tank probably going "Fuck it, I am leeroy" as he proceeds to pull all 3 of the trashgroups on the bit before the squid, however he could not hold threat from my flares and so I died and then he died because the damage wasn't being killed. 

*sigh* 

It may seem like minor stuff but it royally irks me when people can't follow simple instructions, and also I do not like tanks who are brave beyond their measure. The triple-pull can be pulled off and it's awesome when it succeeds, but there's so many tanks try and die because they overestimate their own ability.

Healed Sastasha in roulette today, had a tank doing 2-3 packs at a time, bard and BLM dps so should be fine... except they just refused to use AoE on anything. 3 packs? Single target it down. The horde at the end of second boss? Single target it down. That huge wave right before Kraken should clearly be the time for aoe but... nope. The bard consistently had to ballad so that I'd even have the mana to keep healing a that big pull for long enough that we could kill it that way.

Oh Syrcus Tower... the place where I allow the other tanks to fight over aggro while I sit in Sword Oath on the bosses.... and still grab hate off of them... and then they proceed to bitch at me for tanking off of them... -_-

Oh Syrcus Tower... the place where the lazies and bads congregate and proceed to blame other people for their faults.

[6:55](REDACTED) ofcourse randal would stand in a spot where its not safe lol

[6:56](Raandal Bennett) >.>

[6:56](Raandal Bennett) It's my fault you didn't move into the imperium?

[6:56](REDACTED) i used warp thought you were smart enough to stand in it

[6:56](REDACTED) tankh

[6:57](REDACTED) tanks that don't avoid AoEs are lame xD

[6:57](Raandal Bennett) I did avoid aoe

[6:57](Raandal Bennett) You stayed in one spot. :)

[6:57](Raandal Bennett) So, again, it's my fault you didn't move into the imperium?

Since, apparently it's my job to reach through the internet and use their keyboard to move their character for them.

Oh Syrcus Tower... the place where instead of answering a question and taking fault for your own issues one resorts to baseless claims and instantly leaving...

[6:57](REDACTED) its you fault you scuk at keeping Hate in Group Mobs xD

[6:58](REDACTED) 1st pull i snatched hate oof in 1 atk

He likely "snatched hate oof" when I died due to my healers taking a nap or something. Meh, c'est la vie.

Also... not that I'm by any means a master of BLM ways... but dear god the number of BLMs that just spam blizzard and NEVER use a fire spell... let alone Flare during aoe trash pulls.... makes angels cry.

More and more I see healers who don't know how to dodge Ifrit charges in HM.

Also PLD who just run into Shiva HM as MT in i90 and kill their healers and go "lols when I did it earlier it was super easy!"

Cause your healers put up with you taking Glacier Bash and killing everyone in the cleave AND TAKING STUPID STACKS ALL THE TIME.

More and more I see healers who don't know how to dodge Ifrit charges in HM.

Also PLD who just run into Shiva HM as MT in i90 and kill their healers and go "lols when I did it earlier it was super easy!"

Cause your healers put up with you taking Glacier Bash and killing everyone in the cleave AND TAKING STUPID STACKS ALL THE TIME.

As a healer that gets hit by them....

It is mostly all my fault as I reached the end of Nexus light grind. I have been on pure automatic while healing things. Normally, I just started healing at intervals rather than need Cleric stance -> dots -> Normal Aldo/Phys and Succor ->  Cleric back to dots. -> Soil for LB and Succor... I won't lie half the time I wasn't looking at my screen while doing Ifirit or Garuda by the end of it.

If I die to charges that would mean... I was standing in the very middle.. oops. (I never did...)

(most) healers don't die but they get hit by one or two and I go /palm cause they start casting a cure (II) or a physic and it's just ghhh

I DID DO SOMETHING STUPID ONCE.

I have spec'd my warrior with gloam accessories and all 30 points to STR cause why the fuck not.

I ended up with Moggle Mog in HM.

I hit 60% (with I think no one else hitting on him) while I wailed away with BERSERK+INTERNAL RELEASE + UNCHAINED. Um. Yah. I hit 60% and saw maybe 1 if that moogle dead. "Oops."

(most) healers don't die but they get hit by one or two and I go /palm cause they start casting a cure (II) or a physic and it's just ghhh

I have spec'd my warrior with gloam accessories and all 30 points to STR cause why the fuck not.

I hit 60% (with I think no one else hitting on him) while I wailed away with BERSERK+INTERNAL RELEASE + UNCHAINED. Um. Yah. I hit 60% and saw maybe 1 if that moogle dead. "Oops."

I had to convince a warrior they were dpsing too hard once... after a couple wipes. With echo it was harder to have them slow down. Made for some humorous chat.

"You need to slow down on King or..." (had to stop typing to heal)

"Or What?"

>Momento Moogle (or whatever) with only 2 dead<

"Or that um... happens."

I had to convince a warrior they were dpsing too hard once... after a couple wipes. With echo it was harder to have them slow down. Made for some humorous chat.

"You need to slow down on King or..." (had to stop typing to heal)

"Or What?"

>Momento Moogle (or whatever) with only 2 dead<

"Or that um... happens."

Pssst. I was in one of those with you. I just wasn't the WARRIOR you spoke to.

I keep getting error 2002 lobby full. No matter how many solutions I try.

People say switch datacenters, I do that, error.

People say all sorts of other stuff and I do that, error.

Now to make things worse I can't even close out right away, I get the error, hit ok, then my window goes gray and not responding and not even ctrl-alt-delete can close it somehow.

I'm just cursed when it comes to this game.

Tanks who believe "LB should always be saved for healers."

Grr.

EDIT: In ST, you haven't "killed us all" by burning the LB on damage on Xande. If people are dying enough that a healer LB might help, you have a more significant problem, and it won't help.

Wait what.

I've never seen anyone use LB except for damage on Xande.

And I think I've run my share of ST to know even if it was only recently.

oh geez, the "let's bag on dps players" crew is here.

This thread exists for this exact reason. It exists to "bag on" everything. If it seems there's a disproportionate amount of complaining about DPS, it's because DPS are factually more dumber than everyone else DPS outnumber other roles.

That said, it's maddening to run things as DPS anymore. WHY ARE OTHER TANKS SO SLOW WHY ARE YOU STOPPING WHY DID YOU ONLY PULL ONE PACK WHAT YEAR IS THIS

Level sync and Pre-50 stuff is something to worry about ok!

PLEASE DON'T PULL MULTIPLE PACKS IN STONE VIGIL. NOT WITHOUT FULL PROTECT. STONESKIN. AND OMG MY MP IS DOWN MOFO DON'T KEEP RUNNING WHEN YOU HAVE A REGEN OMFGGGGGGG

Edit: Also, Shield Oath!