The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales

Gegenji

I like to go in as a Class instead of a Job in the old 50 raids, fire my ACT on, and laugh at the fact I'm still outdpsing most people : < Not sure if you still can though...

My old FC and me used to do this on our drunken weekend lols, was quite a bit of fun. But yeah, it makes me kinda sad that you can outdps people as your Class and not your Job.

Oh and today we've wiped on the second boss of Lost City because other DPS cbaed to attack the Arcane bubble thingy. Many sads were had.

snip

I'm 99% sure that if you take off your soulstone, you can crossclass anything you want. I don't know if you'd have the MP for it, but yeah.

edit: what drugs am I on, isn't spell cost based on % and not raw value? gid gud, scrub!

I was a DRK.

Now where's my apology at nerd?

snip

I'm 99% sure that if you take off your soulstone, you can crossclass anything you want. I don't know if you'd have the MP for it, but yeah.

edit: what drugs am I on, isn't spell cost based on % and not raw value? gid gud, scrub!

I was a DRK.

You don't get one! You don't carry a single other weapon for any other job? You can crossclass raise at level 1, dork.

...actually, can crafters crossclass raise too? SOMEONE GET ON THIS.

snip

I was a DRK.

You don't get one! You don't carry a single other weapon for any other job? You can crossclass raise at level 1, dork.

It has been pointed out to me that he *may very well just doesn't carry a single other weapon for the other classes that he's leveled.

You can't raise as a crafter but you can pose as a Paladin!

snip

I was a DRK.

Why would I carry gear I don't use?

I'm not a packrat like you losers.

Have both my retainers my high level PLD and NIN gear for ventures, so I only have DRK gear and GSM gear on me lol.

On a different rant, people in PvP are so damn stupid sometimes. If the target has a big 1 over their head you ATTACK THEM. WHY ARE YOU ATTACKING SEPARATE DPS LIKE YOU CAN SOLO THEM BEFORE THEY GET HEALED AGAIN!?

I'm still wrapping my head around the no extra gearsets thing.

Like....there's level 1 gear for under 100 gil that'll get the job done. And all the seasonal clothes and event gear and "SE saw you paid for a subscription" gear are all level 1. Even the Rogue's Guild makes -jokes- about being naked with a lv1 weapon!

...so kinda baffled at the lack of gearsets. Retainers generally can't even benefit from best in slot gear unless you're farming the gathering ones.

I'm still wrapping my head around the no extra gearsets thing.

Like....there's level 1 gear for under 100 gil that'll get the job done. And all the seasonal clothes and event gear and "SE saw you paid for a subscription" gear are all level 1. Even the Rogue's Guild makes -jokes- about being naked with a lv1 weapon!

...so kinda baffled at the lack of gearsets. Retainers generally can't even benefit from best in slot gear unless you're farming the gathering ones

The gear ain't the issue, you can't change to a different class without the weapon anyway.

Which I don't carry unless I'm about to use it myself.

With how many weapon slots you have it seems like kind of a waste to not have a spare weapon. Never hurts to have different options to give yourself more utility. Unless you've filled your slots completely with dark knight swords...

My point is having a class leveled but not packing a weapon feels more wasteful than using one slot to carry an extra weapon to switch if you have to.

Naw I don't like having shit I'm not gonna use in my inventory.

I've literally got 1 sword in my weapons inventory and that's it. If I'm not using something I toss it in my retainer.

I like having a clean inventory only filled with stuff I use frequently.

I'm not carrying around a cross classed PLD or a conjured cane JUST so I can raise random people I rarely ever see just dead in the open. I am not that nice. If someone wants to hate me for that then I probably wouldn't have wanted to help them in the first place.

Fuck em.

You can actually have one of each class weapon in your inventory and still have two slots left over. I know this because I do it on Gogon. xD

He has something for every class, plus his Relic replica and Emperor's New Fists. >>

It's only really annoying when doing the anima quests because then I have to grab a weapon out of my retainer for him to put on so he can turn in the anima weapon for upgrade. Otherwise it isn't too bad.

You can actually have one of each class weapon in your inventory and still have two slots left over. I know this because I do it on Gogon. xD

He has something for every class, plus his Relic replica and Emperor's New Fists. >>

It's only really annoying when doing the anima quests because then I have to grab a weapon out of my retainer for him to put on so he can turn in the anima weapon for upgrade. Otherwise it isn't too bad.

Speaking of terrible tales.

HOW ABOUT THE ARMOR INVENTORY?

So I was trying to level Allene's summoner. Someone told me I should just queue as a scholar to cheese the levels.

Being an idiot I decided hey that sounds swell. Brayflox it is then!

So let's recap what I did wrong.

- I did not buy a keeper's hymn to respec to MND.

- I did not buy any MND boosting accessories.

- I don't know if i should have been dropping Bio II, Miasma, Bio, Aero on one thing. 

- THEN BANE ALL FOUR TO EVERY OTHER THING.

- On top of healing the tank.

- Ran 90% of the dungeon in Cleric stance and not even noticing it.

- Panicked when I saw the 4 poison stack on the tank and not knowing how to remove it. I still don't.

- I was running out of MP which I heard was impossible for SCH's. 

- I WAS STILL SPECCED TO BE A SMN.

- I felt proud of myself when everything was aggro'd to me. Then I realized I have no foresight, no rampart, not hallowed ground nor holmgangbangarang, hell not even blood bath and vengeance. 

- Lolphysick spam like I do on BLM Kurt.

- MY ONLY HEALING EXPERIENCE IS DROPPING EMERGENCY LOLPHYSICK AS BLM KURT/SMN ALLENE

What I did right.

- No one died. Like not even Eos.

Things I'm not sure about.

- Should I not have been dropping Adlo 24/7?

- Eos 24/7 yea or nay?

Snip

If you used Eos like this

vhKqLv5.jpg

Then you are my personal trigger. Only use her if you want to actively micromanage your SCH pet, else go Selene.

Eos I rarely pull out. Last time I remember was last phase in t13 where we needed her. Else? Eh. Selene is your better choice.

Snip

If you used Eos like this

vhKqLv5.jpg

Then you are my personal trigger. Only use her if you want to actively micromanage your SCH pet, else go Selene.

Eos I rarely pull out. Last time I remember was last phase in t13 where we needed her. Else? Eh. Selene is your better choice.

Well uhhh.... #trigger'd? \(ouo)/ I literally went in there with zero healing knowledge. Also still trying to figure out how to put that delicious pet bar on a ps4 interface

I'm a disaster in progress, I can already smell the train wreck.

Scholars do have a cleanse but it's on one of the fairies...I believe it's a full party cleanse on a cooldown. So you got to use control in order to use it when you need it. 

As for the pet hot bar on ps4. You got to go into character configuration and make sure the bar is enabled, then tap the r1 button to switch to the pet hot cross bar. At least that's what I do. I'm sure other people have other set ups they use.

Well uhhh.... #trigger'd? \(ouo)/ I literally went in there with zero healing knowledge. Also still trying to figure out how to put that delicious pet bar on a ps4 interface

I'm a disaster in progress, I can already smell the train wreck.

I use the PS4 controller (although on a PC) and I like it!

You can enable the Pet Crossbar in your Character settings, but honestly, if you make use of more than one crossbar normally, you'll have a bad time. The pet crossbar will forcibly swap in/out with every R1 tap, which means you lose being able to switch to your previous crossbar.

I use a modified (to personal taste) version of this guy's bar. The to/from cleric stance macros to swap your bars can be lovely as long as lag and latency don't get in the way. (I recommend copying them over to crossbar2 with the other utility spells so you can easily revert if needed)