The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales

Gegenji

I joined five different nidhogg 'farm' parties and only have one totem to show for it.. Well, what did I expect really. One of them had a monk in it who has 'seen enrage' but continued to die each time on the last phase. I know a lot of people get angry about the farm party 'elitist attitude' thing, but geeze. Join or make a clear party. I don't know why I didn't leave when I saw the eso bonus. Maybe I had faith.

I ALMOST wonder if I would have gotten more totems joining serious clear parties and helping them out. I'll try it tomorrow.

Yeah that's the thing with me doing 24 mans, and I can't really do it, but I fire up my ACT and see if I can still keep up with folk. I was so pissed when I was pulling 1400 with my 210 weapons, just to see some twelvedamned ninja with 240 pulling near 1700. I just gave up, and was k with being second. No really, in dungeons I end up being that fucker who parses and go "can I still out dps people who have better gear". And I severely will judge people if I can out dps them still. I won't call them out for it, unless they are like hitting like wet noodles, at best I will go "Oh DPS seems slow guys". I'm a terrible snob at times.

Urgh I need better weapons, but I don't wanna relic or raid sadface. Anyhow my old EU FC on Cerberus, we used to get into the old 24s a lot with another raiding guild. We always had like little games who could out dps folk. I really enjoy doing that. I'm super competitive with these things. But yeah, in the end I like RP more, and I find it hard to manage raiding with RP, so I dropped the serious stuff.

Then again, I got so bored of the 24 mans at some point that I gone in as ACN and see who I could out dps (mind you at that point I was fully final coil geared on my smn. Don't get me started on how much smn sucked compared to second coil. I just wanted to ruin II all night long and bookslap the shit out of bosses for more dps. Sadly enough that fun got taken away from me. They did give us some buffs... but yeah...). SURPRISINGLY ENOUGH STILL QUITE A FEW PEOPLE. What made be cry and laugh at the same time.

I joined five different nidhogg 'farm' parties and only have one totem to show for it.. Well, what did I expect really. One of them had a monk in it who has 'seen enrage' but continued to die each time on the last phase. I know a lot of people get angry about the farm party 'elitist attitude' thing, but geeze. Join or make a clear party. I don't know why I didn't leave when I saw the eso bonus. Maybe I had faith.

I ALMOST wonder if I would have gotten more totems joining serious clear parties and helping them out. I'll try it tomorrow.

I know your pain man.

I legit have made it to enrage but I'm unable to join the farms because I still got the eso bonus.

Meanwhile I got people joining my clear party and can't even pass Fang & Claw ;_;

I think I'm in love with the guy who was healing in the dungeon I just did lol. Asshole DPS was rushing ahead and when asked why he'd missed some stuff said that people who wandered off could get killed and he didn't care. So the healer stays behind just enough so the DPS runs ahead and dies with no one to heal him then he sends a message saying 'Oh, I totally understand what you mean'. xD

I know your pain man.

I legit have made it to enrage but I'm unable to join the farms because I still got the eso bonus.

Meanwhile I got people joining my clear party and can't even pass Fang & Claw ;_;

I only ...want the bird. I've legit considered making bird farm parties with the ilvl req of 230. Anyone's mains who they've been working on should be 230 now right? LOL.. my whm is 235.

I know your pain man.

I only ...want the bird. I've legit considered making bird farm parties with the ilvl req of 230. Anyone's mains who they've been working on should be 230 now right? LOL.. my whm is 235.

I dunno, I missed like five weeks of the lore weapon gear drop and the relic RNG just doesn't like me (I shit you not I went five hours non stop once and didn't get a drop from the fates) so I'm still using my 210 weapon lol.

I'm 226

I know your pain man.

I dunno, I missed like five weeks of the lore weapon gear drop and the relic RNG just doesn't like me (I shit you not I went five hours non stop once and didn't get a drop from the fates) so I'm still using my 210 weapon lol.

I'm 226

MISSED FIVE WEEKS OF LORE... FIVE WEEKS.. FIVE WEEKS.. the relic is fucking painful beyond that like to get the fucking thing to 230 is absolutely insane. You are better off collecting 1000 lore and 7 midan gears it will take you less time to do that.

I know your pain man.

I'm 226

MISSED FIVE WEEKS OF LORE... FIVE WEEKS.. FIVE WEEKS.. the relic is fucking painful beyond that like to get the fucking thing to 230 is absolutely insane. You are better off collecting 1000 lore and 7 midan gears it will take you less time to do that.

I WAS TOO BUSY IRL OKAY IM SORRY

Also I'm afraid once I do it and get it SE will troll me with a patch a week later saying basically "here you go".

I'd rather just push for the Nid Ex wep.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a rather interesting run with Leveling Roulette today. Ended with a healer who could barely keep anyone up, let us die a few times, didn't have protect and if they did they didn't use it, and got pissy when I made one single mistake I apologized for. (Namely not being able to toggle one Bertha during the second boss which, again I acknowledged and said it was my bad. One of the tornadoes had positioned itself over it but I should have moved myself instead of blindly toggling it.) Alright, nothing bad, I let them do the canons and DPS'd. Everything is fine. The tank died in a later pull and didn't accept my raise, since I had swiftcast so I could easily get them up and the healer ran off with the entire mob. Alright, figured they didn't know the mobs will follow you to the end of the dungeon so I mentioned it. Got a terse remark.

Last boss went fine and figured things were fine. They ended up running to the portal to leave and posted something in party about how this 'ugly miqo' had the 'audacity' to say something before poofing immediately after. I'll admit I died laughing. First because either it was a mistake on their part to let their salt leak into party, or they did it intentionally to get a rise which was even funnier.

Seriously, get protect if you're going to go the healer route and lower your sodium levels.

Rather then just give the whole complete disastrous rundown that was the entire dungeon. So I'll just leave a few key phrases here to give you the overall jist of the experience.

#1. Don't tank and drink/get high. It's incredibly frustrating to the other 3 members in your party.

#2. Just because you are the tank, doesn't mean you never have to move from aoe.

#3. When the Healer refuses to heal anymore unless the BRD tanks, as they are better qualified as a better tank then your level 45 DRK, you're doing something wrong.

#4. Don't get pissy when everyone else complains because you couldn't hold aggro if it jumped into your arms. Why the hell do you pull an entire room but only draw aggro on one mob?

#5. If you're running through the entire dungeon and complaining about how it's glitched because all the mobs vanished, and your party is telling you that you are running the way we just came from and you are going teh wrong direction, chances are, they are correct. Don't spend 10 minutes arguing on how they are wrong and you are going the right direction. Moron.

Our Stone Vigil run was finally completed with 17 seconds left on the timer, and to this date, my worst dungeon run. Ever. In any MMO.

Rather then just give the whole complete disastrous rundown that was the entire dungeon. So I'll just leave a few key phrases here to give you the overall jist of the experience.

#1. Don't tank and drink/get high. It's incredibly frustrating to the other 3 members in your party.

#2. Just because you are the tank, doesn't mean you never have to move from aoe.

#3. When the Healer refuses to heal anymore unless the BRD tanks, as they are better qualified as a better tank then your level 45 DRK, you're doing something wrong.

#4. Don't get pissy when everyone else complains because you couldn't hold aggro if it jumped into your arms. Why the hell do you pull an entire room but only draw aggro on one mob?

#5. If you're running through the entire dungeon and complaining about how it's glitched because all the mobs vanished, and your party is telling you that you are running the way we just came from and you are going teh wrong direction, chances are, they are correct. Don't spend 10 minutes arguing on how they are wrong and you are going the right direction. Moron.

Our Stone Vigil run was finally completed with 17 seconds left on the timer, and to this date, my worst dungeon run. Ever. In any MMO.

Oh my god.

I don't know how you did it. I would've bailed.

qpRRkNU.gif

That...I...I...

I feel so sorry for you.

Honestly the only reason I stuck it out to the end is because the healer was cool and the 2nd dps was trying to gettheir first ever clear of it. I guess they tried once before and never made it thru so, God only knows how bad that run must have been for them.

Honestly the only reason I stuck it out to the end is because the healer was cool and the 2nd dps was trying to gettheir first ever clear of it. I guess they tried once before and never made it thru so, God only knows how bad that run must have been for them.

You have more patience than I ever would.

I won't lie, laziness has definitely been a reason why I've stuck with bad groups. I don't want to have to requeue and reclear stuff. I just figure it better to just suffer through it and be done and away from them. As much as I've complained about groups, I tend to stick around until clear or someone puts up a Vote Abandon. I don't think I've ever ducked out early on a group unless it was for something else.

One thing I really really hate lately is impatient people. There's usually a short cutscene before the boss and due to a slow computer it often takes just as long for it to stop loading if I skip it.

Several times I've been ditched at the cut off for the last boss because people just rushed ahead and started attacking without checking that everyone was ready and by the time I got there it had timed out and been sealed. DX Can't you wait 10 more seconds!