The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales

Gegenji

This patch is making me remind why I fucking hate 95% of all ‘gamer couples’. They are so often so fucking incompetent. This fucking idiotic healer didn’t bother to ress the bards. Nah, had to ress her fucking boyfriend’s dragoon. Because what’s songs, what’s MP back to ress the whole party? Jfc.

Characters with matching surnames. :I It's an amber flag.

Either they're going to be a coolly coordinated pair who know what they're doing and can carry any party, OR...

...more likely... they're going to be the worst players you've ever met, who reassure each other constantly that their incompetence is meaningless, and probably even have party chat turned off because what do the other 2-6 people in the party matter when they have ♥♥EACH OTHER♥♥.

Euugghh.

I went into AV once to help out free company members. They were a catgirl love couple. They had to hug before and after every. single. pull.

My wife and I are trash. We embrace it. Just save yourself the headache and take the debuff should you end up in a group with a Blackstone in it. :)

Honestly, though, I've not run into a bad couple yet, with regards to PvE anyway... >.>

Maybe my standards are low... maybe I am in a bad couple... oh god! I'm going into a crisis!

On a more serious note, did SE buff the fuck out of enemy health in the two dungeons or has the dps I've run with honestly been that low...?

Pffft. I carry you.

If I could count the number of times Sei and I have had to kill bosses from 50% because the other two players are shit, my abacus would be up to like, six.

Edit:

On a more serious note, did SE buff the fuck out of enemy health in the two dungeons or has the dps I've run with honestly been that low...?

The trash on Sohm Al is meant to be tanked on the heat vents for a debuff. They do seem a bit meaty, but we were still able to clear both in the 18-20 minute area. This includes the second boss of Sohm Al wherein the healer died to mechanics and we had another "kill this boss with missing party members from 44%" scenario (but to be fair, our monk partymate was a 270 monk).

If I could count the number of times Sei and I have had to kill bosses from 50% because the other two players are shit, my abacus would be up to like, six.

Edit:

The trash on Sohm Al is meant to be tanked on the heat vents for a debuff. They do seem a bit meaty, but we were still able to clear both in the 18-20 minute area. This includes the second boss of Sohm Al wherein the healer died to mechanics and we had another "kill this boss with missing party members from 44%" scenario (but to be fair, our monk partymate was a 270 monk).

Yeah... did the whole vent thing. Mass pulled. But even with a fairly decently geared SMN pug in one of the groups they just seemed to take a bit too long to go down.

I realize this is the next step up from xelphatol and gubal hard... but just seems the hp got buffed a bit more than intended. *shrug*

Makes boring sections even more boring *cough baelsar's "elevator" cough*

Edit:

Yeah... did the whole vent thing. Mass pulled. But even with a fairly decently geared SMN pug in one of the groups they just seemed to take a bit too long to go down.

I realize this is the next step up from xelphatol and gubal hard... but just seems the hp got buffed a bit more than intended. *shrug*

Makes boring sections even more boring *cough baelsar's "elevator" cough*

Man, FUUUUCK that elevator. Someone thought it was a good idea to spawn a dozen pincer robots, but stagger them out over several seconds? And make them run fast as shit? It's impossible to grab them effectively as a tank, they spawn faster than your GCD and aggro someone immediately before shooting off like a burst of robot lightning to chew on someone else's face. Your options are grab as they first appear and miss some, or wait for them all to spawn and let people get munched.

I want the person who designed this and the person who okayed it to meet me outside of Sizzler at noon.

I found the new dungeons super easy? Feels like they severely undertuned it on trashmobs. I ain't complaining, seeming it is trash. But I had thought the two dungeons to be harder. Then again I've been only running those dungeons with mostly friends. When I got a tank and ninja who didn't know wtf how to play their class, it ended up being a mess.

I found the new dungeons super easy? Feels like they severely undertuned it on trashmobs. I ain't complaining, seeming it is trash. But I had thought the two dungeons to be harder. Then again I've been only running those dungeons with mostly friends. When I got a tank and ninja who didn't know wtf how to play their class, it ended up being a mess.

They're not hard, they're just slightly tedious. Forced gates so not much mass-pulling like the last tier had, positioning the ochus on the vents is annoying and the lack of threat on ranged in Wall and those fucking robot snippers are just "You can't do anything about it, tanks, suck it up."

They're still about the same time running as the old dungeons but they just feel more spaced out to me.

Speaking of the new dungeons, I was in a Baelsar's Wall group yesterday.  After three wipes on the last boss, the PLD tank ragequit.  Once we replaced him with a new tank (a DRK), we downed the boss with no more wipes.  If the PLD had just stayed for one more attempt, he would have been in the group that downed the boss.

Speaking of the new dungeons, I was in a Baelsar's Wall group yesterday.  After three wipes on the last boss, the PLD tank ragequit.  Once we replaced him with a new tank (a DRK), we downed the boss with no more wipes.  If the PLD had just stayed for one more attempt, he would have been in the group that downed the boss.

More like, if he had stayed, you wouldn't have cleared.

Venting at Zurvan EX pugs.

Somehow, people manage to run a one tank, one healer, six dps party, and STILL manage to not be able to skip first Soar.

Seriously phase 1 might as well be a training dummy for how few mechanics dps have to do, at this point, people just don't know how to play their job.

• 3 weeks later...

He was also either clicking the same move a couple times to get it to "register" or he was royally screwing up his rotations.

... I'm also disappointed there were no major cooldowns in there. Not even... what's it called again? Fight or Flight? The damage boost.

Well, there was the Stone Vigil run I ended up on with an ilvl 15 tank. Even more bizarre, they didn't seem to have their normal leveling gear anywhere on them. After getting nearly instagibbed and wiping us twice, they slunk off. Party Finder took pity on us and gave us an ilvl 260 tank after that. Stark contrast.

Then there was the Dun Scaith run my poor tank friend's UI wigged out on. Any and all text just up and vanished for him the second combat started, boss attacks included. We survived the run just fine, but the poor guy couldn't even read all the angry messages the other tanks were flinging his way in alliance chat.

53M5TRa.png

Soooo, ran into this today. It extended to a full other page and only ended because we finished the trial but fucking hell... WHY?

LMAOOOOOOOOO That PLD knew what they were doing.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the PLD was just mashing their keys to make sure the move came out, since I do that too, but christ. Fracture? No Goring Blades?

My small pet peeve is when you create a 'Clear' Party for an Extreme and in the description it says Know up to 20% of the Bosses HP only to find out when you get into the Extreme there are people who can't even get past the first 10% of the bosses HP. Please read! 

I'm super cool with mistakes occurring when your in a 'Learning' Party, but when you've been trying to clear something for four weeks so you can join farm groups who clearly state 'No Bonus' its irking. #Rant Over.

My small pet peeve is when you create a 'Clear' Party for an Extreme and in the description it says Know up to 20% of the Bosses HP only to find out when you get into the Extreme there are people who can't even get past the first 10% of the bosses HP. Please read! 

I'm super cool with mistakes occurring when your in a 'Learning' Party, but when you've been trying to clear something for four weeks so you can join farm groups who clearly state 'No Bonus' its irking. #Rant Over.

Reminds me of T5 parties asking people to know past divebombs and having no clue where to stack for them.

Reminds me of T5 parties asking people to know past divebombs and having no clue where to stack for them.

You mean those aren't parties to get people who know the fight just so they can carry you through them?

Not gonna lie: My first T5 clear was one I lied to get into, back before the new bonus was a notification.

In my defense, I'd wiped repeatedly to the final phase before and had actually seen everything up to a kill, but the fact remains I joined a farm party and dinged my achievement in it.

I legit did the same thing looooool

Not gonna lie: My first T5 clear was one I lied to get into, back before the new bonus was a notification.

In my defense, I'd wiped repeatedly to the final phase before and had actually seen everything up to a kill, but the fact remains I joined a farm party and dinged my achievement in it.

I legit did the same thing looooool

The leader called me out on it afterwards. It was the most "disappointed father" I've ever gotten in an MMO.

I'm upset you lied to me to get in here. But you didn't fuck up, so it's okay.