Poll: Au Ra and your character, what will you do?

Blue

How are you going to RP an Au Ra?  

251 members have voted

1. 1. How are you going to RP an Au Ra?

• I'll just make one. I've got free character slots!
    • Killing/MIAin' my character, and Fantasia/Name change into an Au Ra.
    • My character will be ICly transformed through magic, curses or potions. Name and personality won't change.
    • ICly drinking/transforming, but mind will be affected too. Only name will stay the same.
    • My character was an Au Ra from the beginning, just very good at hiding horns. I'll discuss retconning with friends who may have seen them.
    • Eh, I'll stick to my original race for now.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the lore is interesting then I may change Aris. I've been thinking about it any way (maybe highlander) as, although I enjoy her design and personality, I'm not keen on the Miqo'te lore and I've not really thought much about her background because of that. Thankfully as I haven't developed her as much as others have with their characters, and don't know anyone IC, if she was to change it wouldn't make any difference to anyone else! She'll still be the same ole' Aris regardless. :P

Otherwise, I'm going to try tanking from a lv.1 Au Ra alt.

I'm sure it doesn't speak good things about me when it comes to RP but I'm willing to jump in fresh with a new lvl1 Au Ra and adjust accordingly. Generally I like to do a lot of research first before I pick a race, but I like them way too much based on what 'may' be true and looks alone and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Part of RP for me is learning as I go. It's ment to be an adventure, and I've been doing it long enough that I feel like I can handle it.

I still have a highlander that I'm pretty fond of, but I can't find myself passing this up.

I wanted to make an entirely new character to play an Au Ra; but I've always had trouble leveling alts in the past because I grow so attached to my main(I also suffer from a "Why farm a bunch a second time when I have everything I want on my main?" mindset). So I'm going to turn Nalin into an Au Ra for a bit, then probably turn him back into a Miqo'te if I start to miss it.

I really love dragons a ton, and the Au Ra is about as close to a playable dragon race as I'm probably going to get in any MMO. Save for Horizons but it's not as pretty as FFXIV! So that's my entire OOC reason for changing Nalin. Dragons and laziness towards alt leveling.

ICly though; he's going to be cursed into the form, as I already established his history and character and don't want to change it or his name. My FC also thought it was amusing that he'd still act like a Miqo'te despite looking like a big dragon human hybrid thing. Thus: Toothless.

Will probably start levelling an alternate toon so they can become a beautiful Au'Ra Ninja when the time is right and the stars align. :3

SPEAKING OF WHICH, if anyone wants to make a kick-ass Ninja duo with me for future role-play endeavours... yeah! \o/ *Wave*

Will probably start levelling an alternate toon so they can become a beautiful Au'Ra Ninja when the time is right and the stars align. :3

SPEAKING OF WHICH, if anyone wants to make a kick-ass Ninja duo with me for future role-play endeavours... yeah! \o/ *Wave*

Ohmigawd, I never thought to think how bitchin' an Au Ra kunoichi would look!

Uaaaah....awwwessssssommmmeeee.... OwO

I MAY make an alt, just to fudge around with the Character Creation. >_>

But for the most part, K'washi will probably see all the Au Ra and latch on to the fact that they have tails like he has a tail and he'll have a lot of fun observing that and simply making friends.

Ohmigawd, I never thought to think how bitchin' an Au Ra kunoichi would look!

Uaaaah....awwwessssssommmmeeee.... OwO

THAT'S WHAT I'M SAYING! \o/ "They see me rollin'... They hatin'..."

But yeah, for realsies dood! OuO Or like, an organization of kunoichi. Basically a rip-off of what Mochizuki Chiyome did.

We'll see where the lore goes, but I've been waiting for this moment all of my Ninja career. *Sparkly eyes*

Well, it is canon to lore that Au Ra's have ninjas... maybe I should change my ninja-alt into an Au Ra then. Hmm...

I was thinking of making a new Au Ra Dragoon though, because SUPER ORIGINAL IDEA!!! (or not.) :P Or most likely a Dark Knight, because they look super cool and it'll give me an excuse to try out being a tank for once. ^^

But yeah, for realsies dood! OuO Or like, an organization of kunoichi. Basically a rip-off of what Mochizuki Chiyome did.

We'll see where the lore goes, but I've been waiting for this moment all of my Ninja career. *Sparkly eyes*

Kitty!

You makin' me wanna roll an alt!!

KITTY!!

STAAAAHP!!

No, but seriously, I would join the shit out of a kunoichi organization.... OuO

Kitty!

You makin' me wanna roll an alt!!

KITTY!!

STAAAAHP!!

No, but seriously, I would join the shit out of a kunoichi organization.... OuO

You should totally make an Au Ra alt because me and Mio are pretty likely making Au Ra alts too. Just sayin. 8-)

You should totally make an Au Ra alt because me and Mio are pretty likely making Au Ra alts too. Just sayin. 8-)

Zaaaree-heh-heh-heeek! Staahppiiiit! *rolls around on the ground and whines*

Though I'm kinda thinking that an Elezen kunoichi for this possible Chiome-style group would be fun--NO! NO! BAD STEEL!!

Everyone is going to use Fantasias? Will I be the only lv 1 newbie Au Ra? ;_;

I've played through the main story three times now. There are limits to my sanity.

Seriously, same here. Not to mention having to do those first 22-ish levels all over again without a chocobo? No. No, thank you. :(

I have never been the type of person that sticks to only one main. I have a lot of time and a lot of creativity. On other games I usually main about three characters with secondary, alternative, and NPCs as well. Ezhara will always be a main but it's likely my Au Ra will also take up that position, too. 

I really really really like them. I am strongly considering having Titor accidentally transform into one (He is an alchemist and works with such things) but I will have to see if I really do like the race, and if it would make sense for my character at the time. I am pretty attached to his hyur model, but I really really liked the horned dragon/lizard/scalekin kind of races. So I will have to wait it out and see, but accidentally transforming him is in the realm of possibilities for me.

None of the above! My character slots are filled. I'm going to either Fantasia (or completely recreate) one of my alts. I'll probably choose one I haven't bothered to RP yet, but if I go with one I've actually used, I'll have to decide whether I want to retcon it or have a canon IC race change.

I really don't know anything about them yet, so I can't really say.  But I do not really play alts much (or at all, especially in FF!) so I can't imagine making one other than to see what their customization :) ).  I would not flatly rule one out if I were to be replacing Aya for whatever reason, but it probably isn't the first one I'd expect!

Mhmm, as Nikola said we're making new alts. It's going to be super fun. I know a lot of people are like 'Ew, no, redoing the MSQ??' but I'm just over here like .... 'I'm bored of doing the same high level dungeons over and over again. Bring on the lowbieness.' Once you get over the Brayflox hump it's smooth sailing. :3

Sidenote: If anyone looking to icly change race needs help explaining it, Jinx has ic access to race changing magics/potions. Benefits of running a trade caravan. Whatever you need, he can find it. Hit me up if you're interested. ^_^