The Second Annual Royal Ball of Ul'dah - Update (Time Set)

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I missed it , but where in Ul'dah is this going to take place at ?

You have not missed it yet Miss. As it was last year it will take place simultaneously upstairs in the Royal Promenade and downstairs in the Gold Court.

thank you so much, I was not here for last years Ball, but I have plans to be there this year.

Well, April 10 is still up in the air.  Put in to have the day off only to realize that it's the Friday after Easter and the store that I work at is closed that Sunday.  I did a quick change to by off by 5:30 pm that Friday but nothing yet on my boss oking that change.  If he does, Erik, Kest might be a little late to the event.  Just giving you a heads up on that.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's still a go. Erik had coincidental foresight in stating the the Sultana could not attend for unforeseen circumstances, and this was written months ago!

That bit I can understand, I don't expect it to be cancelled or anything! What I was really wondering is what the tone of the event is gonna be like now that a lot of roleplayer-characters may be all shifty eyed about Ul'Dah's political climate. 

INTRIGUE.

Moderator Note:

Contents below contain spoilers from the most recent 2.5 patch(Part 2) that are relevant to this topic.

View at your own discretion

~~~

I only know what the Captain knows. He stands on the Royal Promenade and says Her Highness is unwell.... poor Lady. Fortunately Her presence is not needed for us to dance and frolic. Nor for the little personal surprise I have planned.

As Kale stated, and as one could see by posts I made and conversations I had with people, I was in the camp that suspected Her death and a coverup. Somewhere earlier in this thread I said She would be to busy or just unable to attend.

And in regaurds to the MSQ, I know its a lot of crazy to it, but we must remember that all we as players IC know is the Queen is sick, and the General is in jail for the greatest cutscene this game ever had. Sure the merchants and foreign soldiers saw stuff so rumors must be going crazy, and we know the Blades are out in force. But unless we are super-special characters, we are like Sargent Sultz, "We know nothing."

[align=center]367bfdf04925024ffe4e22252b33e533a4b77ede146dbcfb985e332d0bcfd8c8.jpg[/align]

So to answer any concerns, the Ball is still on, go, have fun, see friends, dance and get drunk. Do it in memory ooc of our beloved dead Lala.

[align=center]YSckyyJ.gif[/align]

So that happens in the story huh.....well then...I'll just continue farming WoD until I flush that info outta my head.

Was just about to ask if the Rwings had any jobs for their newly acquired YTC grunts(?) pertaining to the ball.

So is there? Oh right Kurt doesnt know bout the acquisition yet.

edit goojab for enlarging the important bit, phone

Everyone, please be mindful of posting even vague comments in relation to the recent events in topics such as this one - where people from various levels of experience and progression may be reading. I know it's easy to forget yourself for instances like these, but there are still many, many people who have yet to complete the story.

Ok, so the Ball is this Friday so this is a bit of a last minute update. I have a few things to list here...

1. Tell your friends. We are expecting a good turn out but even so I am still having people say, "Ball? What Ball?" when I mention it. So spread the word!

2. That Spoony Bard Nathen will be preforming. So come see Eorzea's favorite music man. And Nathen... its been crazy. I will get with you before the Ball again, its just been nuts.

3. You gotta know we have a special "secret" event planed for the middle of the Ball. At 9:00pm eastern, we will have a big surprise for everyone. I will not take credit, this was someone else's idea. Come out for it, we placed it at 9pm to give everyone a chance to see it, so don't miss it.

4. I am desperate for staff. I need some more Sworn, even if you npc as one. I may have to put Flames and Blades rpers to work if I don't get more then the 2 I have. Its six hours, and I don't expect anyone to last that long, but even for an hour or two it would help the aesthetic.

5. Get ready to have fun. On a side note I am working on a big secret thing to happen during the Ball. Not the secret thing listed above, but something different. I need anywhere from 5 to 10 lv45+ WHMs for something big. If you or you and some friends could help me out I would only need to borrow you guys for like a minute during the Ball but it is quite important. PM me if you can help.

That's it, let us get down!

This sounds extremely baller (hah!) but I likely won't attend. In-between not being mixed up in Ul'dah storylines and being quite an uncouth outsider, I'd just be a random person showing up.

Kell can be a rando 45+ WHM if ya need tho. (specifying 45+ KIIIIINDA spoils the surprise :P)

ic flyers are posted everywhere just show up to crash and get some free food. i doubt you'll be the only "uncouth outsider" ;p