Gilgamesh and Balmung are never accepting new characters

To get on Balmung you have to wait for maintenance. Once it's back up you have about an hour to do your thing.

Sadly, this is pretty true. Not sure when the next maintenance is, but if you're really desperate, you can try waiting up to see if it opens. Every so often it does open up at about 5am PST, but I can't say I'd recommend staying up that late to try it, because it happens very rarely.

Mhm... And if it doesn't happen I can guarantee you'll be rather put out. I tried it for two days before I finally just dropped the money on the transfer because I couldn't keep on being disappointed like that.

On the bright side, Gilgamesh is much easier to get into! So, you have an RP friendly server to level on til you feel like transferring to Balmung, if you so choose.

Luckily, I got in during the last maintenance, though I'm keeping an eye out for upcoming ones as there's an alt I'd like to roll. Keep an eye out for emergency maintenance, too!

This here is what I was referring to:)

But anyways, back on topic: I eventually just paid for the server transfer. It's only $18.00 and so worth it in my opinion. I'm glad I went that route, if not, I'd still be waiting I'm sure.

Every time someone actually pays SE for horribly inconveniencing them, I cringe.

I posted a separate thread but I wanted to add here, you guys should give World-alerts.com a shot. Put in an email and it'll alert you the second your chosen server opens up, that way you're not left to play "maybe maybe not" with SE's junk.

I used to think Excalibur was never open for my alt, turns out it's just usually open at the ass crack of dawn in my timezone.

Hope this helps.

Fai, the site you advertise didn't send me a notice until 8am, half an hour after I posted. Who knows how long Balmung was open before I noticed it myself. The site's claim that it checks once a minute is a load of bollocks.

Closed now btw.

Most of us already knew of it as a failure of sorts anyway.

Several of us have posted in the forums already saying that a) that site only checks the lodestone page which is only updated at certain hours in the day which given current Balmung conditions means it's extremely unreliable if it's not open at like 2:57am PST and b) the creator of that site -transferred- to get in Balmung and never actually posted using the site to successfully get into Balmung.

It also failed to notify people when it was open at 3am PST.