Celebration of The Scholar - Sunday March 22nd

[align=center]In Celebration of the Scholar

abyNE5d.png[/align]

[align=center]One and all is invited to come give thanks and hear inspirational words in regards to Thaliak.

Thaliak, ruler of rivers and wisdom and god of knowledge, commands the element of water and is tied to the Second Astral Moon (third month). He is depicted as a reserved scholar holding an ashen staff, and his symbol is the scroll. Thaliak is also Byregot's teacher, and the patron of Sharlayan.[/align]

[align=center]Event starts in Mor Dhona outside Revenant's Toll (X:21 Y:8) on Sunday March 22nd at 8:00PM Eastern EDT (Midnight UTC).

[/align]

[align=center]I8N1UVD.png[/align]

Low level people outside of (20 and lower) will need to advise beforehand if they need passage to the venue.

Guards will be available to help all pilgrims to the event safely.

For Pilgrims:

• During the performance, pilgrims are asked to be silent in the public channels. Emotes with /em, /say, and /yell are asked to be held off until the main performance is over.
  • Animation and sound emotes are welcomed! Please just turn the text off on them during the performance.
  • In lieu of reacting in /em and /say, pilgrims are encouraged to form parties with their friends and groups to react to each other in /p - that should help with the text bloat and keep the reactions more personal and immersed with the main people pilgrims want to interact with.
  • Anyone willing to host a "during performance" party for those who come on their own please contact me so I can find you at the event start and get people together to interact and meet. If a group of friends has room in their party and wouldn't mind hosting a new addition, that would be wonderful too. We'll sort it out at the start of the event.
  • After the performance, everyone is welcome to use /em and /say and can change parties as wanted.

[align=center]mountain-river-oleg-bylgakov.jpg[/align]

[align=center]

Music and stories from some special guest speakers and bards will highlight the evening. After the presentation, everyone is encouraged to mingle, give prayers and thoughts, or partake in the smaller congregations.

Blessings and wisdom will be given to those who wish in attendance.

Entire main event is planned to last a two hours with hosts staying around afterwards for free-form role play.[/align]

[align=center]~While this is a pilgrimage in celebration of one of the Twelve, really would like to express the theme and environment of this event is to come together and have an inspiration evening for each other and on reflection. This night will not have strong overtones of worship and ceremony.~[/align]

[align=center]Performing Guests:[/align]

[align=center]Ameline Valtin

Chuta

Ciel Wulfe

Leanne Delphium

Nathan Telluride

Ojune Wajune

Oscare Iono

Vaughn Antain

Xenedra Ambreaus

Blessers/Sages:

Iskierka Stormspeaker

Jancis Milburga

[/align]

[align=center]Guards:

The Dauntless

Harbingers of Dawn[/align]

[align=center]Coatleque Crofte

Reilan Orycia

Thaliak_Icon.png[/align]

I might have taken a liberty because I didn't have a chance to ask beforehand. :blush:

I usually create a Making Connections, but considering it's a week and a half away now I went ahead with the event.

If anyone is a follower of Thaliak, interested in telling a personal story about how Thaliak has touched their life, wishes to give blessings or sage advice, or has a story/poem/song about the Scholar, please let me know and I can share details!

Also still working out with guards and other protections, just wanted to save the date mostly!

Reply here or PM with interest and questions! This one is particular special to me so I super excited. :blush:

Oooh. Definitely going to try to make it to this one ICly. I've missed all the other ones up to this point. @_@ I REGRET EVERYTHING.

Would be willing to help with the guard duty to help move the lowbies if needed, too! ( And possibly throw some of the rest of the Dauntless your way if needed, and they're willing. )

Oooh. Definitely going to try to make it to this one ICly. I've missed all the other ones up to this point. @_@ I REGRET EVERYTHING.

Would be willing to help with the guard duty to help move the lowbies if needed, too! ( And possibly throw some of the rest of the Dauntless your way if needed, and they're willing. )

10/10 would be willing for whatever. I've always missed these events and I regret it.

Hm, John would be attending this one.  Yet, work will probably be in issue with me.  I might try to make a 'run' to Toll before hand in case I can attend this one.

As Clio said, I'll keep an eye out and at the very least get you the crystal attunement beforehand. It can either be ICly or, if time is tight, we can just give you a quick ride up via chocobo to the area and catch any other teleport spots along the way.

Trying to plan some surprises for this one!

:lol: So excited!

That sounds fantastic! I'm still touching base with some of the guards and considering where we're going anyone willing to lift a sword or a bow or an axe... or a catapult... to clear the way is very welcome!

I'll touch base with you as soon as I can really sit down (without distractions) and share details with you.

10/10 would be willing for whatever. I've always missed these events and I regret it.

Awww, the times haven't varied too much lately because of holidays and trying to be Europe-friendly so this one is a bit of a change from that. It would be wonderful to have you along. :lol:

Do you need an extra pair of priestly hands. Surely I'm the Fury's, but Erik has a great love of knowledge and would love to help. Hit me up Jancis. Each one of these I've been to have been amazing events.

I honestly could use some priest-ly types for people to talk and interact with after the celebration. I will bug you more appropriately! 

though it's already known due to all the chatter in the lover thread (sorry for any derailing ilwe and i did btw :blush: ) i plan on making this one as well and helping out on the trek over as was done last month :3

Not at all it was a great brainstorm to have. Ilwe'ran and I did talk a bit more about providing some kind of vanity item to help out with RP wardrobes, we just didn't get much farther than that. :blush: We will definitely have to revisit that idea.

Very excited and getting details for all of our performers together here soon-ish.

Yay, it's time to organize the things !

First, if some people want to meet again at Fallgourd like last time, I'm up for it, it was nice to see all those people and to help them to reach the Coethas without being killed by all the nasty monsters around.

Clothes wise, I'm still unsure what you would like Jancis, I'll glomp you as soon as you log ♥ !

I offered that Cotton scarf, Clio talked about some jewels and we spoke a bit about the dream boots to walk in the swamps, time to decide what you would like to see ♥ !

There are not so many clothes at low lvl that would fit, so I thought maybe some Hempen Halfrobe and some Hempen Tabard ?

Not at all it was a great brainstorm to have. Ilwe'ran and I did talk a bit more about providing some kind of vanity item to help out with RP wardrobes, we just didn't get much farther than that. :blush: We will definitely have to revisit that idea.

lol glad to hear it, i'm alway a tad concerned i talk to much when a when i get excited about something >////<

if ilwe's gathering some up at fallgourd again; i'll be more than happy to run that rout route with them. anything extra ypu meed need (mats for ilwe to craft with or donations of some starlight boots) let me know so i can help with those as well :3

Iskierka is back for this one! I'm free that day, plus Iski's a bookworm so she's all about The Scholar!

Eeeee Iskiberry! :lol: .. wait is she going to hit people with knowledge to bless them? BOOKMARK of THALIAK!

Oh why hello there. Val poked me about talking to you about guarding again. :D AND THEN I LOOK AND SEE THIS THREAD. We will guard again!

Fantastic. I'm sorry I tried to poke you as well a little, my timing is forever horrible. Great to hear it I'll time the route and share what I find. :)

I think it'll be the longest walk.

Yay, it's time to organize the things !

First, if some people want to meet again at Fallgourd like last time, I'm up for it, it was nice to see all those people and to help them to reach the Coethas without being killed by all the nasty monsters around.

Clothes wise, I'm still unsure what you would like Jancis, I'll glomp you as soon as you log ♥ !

I offered that Cotton scarf, Clio talked about some jewels and we spoke a bit about the dream boots to walk in the swamps, time to decide what you would like to see ♥ !

There are not so many clothes at low lvl that would fit, so I thought maybe some Hempen Halfrobe and some Hempen Tabard ?

:dazed: I don't know. I shall prepared to be glomped and then think hard upon the matter!

I can offer up my enterprising Elezen knight as a guard for the festivities!

Wonderful! Really appreciate the help for this one.

I'll try to grab you in-game and if that fails I'll PM. :)

lol glad to hear it, i'm always a tad concerned i talk to much when a when i get excited about something >////<

if ilwe's gathering some up at fallgourd again; i'll be more than happy to run that rout route with them. anything extra you meed need (mats for ilwe to craft with or donations of some starlight boots) let me know so i can help with those as well :3

Aww blushies. Will definitely take advantage of such generosity.

~~

Another big thing to help out with is offer "public parties" where new people can join in with some veteran RPers and join in with some of their talks. So far it's worked out pretty well, but I encourage people to not be shy and help some people engage in party or at least observe.

Much as I would like to do it, I simply can't keep up as well with close RP while managing and touching base with everyone participating. So really the creative power and inner RP that happens is really what makes the event nice.

Iskierka is back for this one! I'm free that day, plus Iski's a bookworm so she's all about The Scholar!

Eeeee Iskiberry! :lol: .. wait is she going to hit people with knowledge to bless them? BOOKMARK of THALIAK!

Actually, I was thinking she'd give out books.

That sounds fantastic! I'm still touching base with some of the guards and considering where we're going anyone willing to lift a sword or a bow or an axe... or a catapult... to clear the way is very welcome!

I'll touch base with you as soon as I can really sit down (without distractions) and share details with you.

Let me know! We're on board with whatever you need/want from us. You can hit me up here or in game. ^_^

Thanks for the offer, Jancis and Clio.  If my two tries don't work out then I'll see if I can catch either of you.  I'm almost tempted to take you up on the offer, Jancis for an in-character run to Toll, maybe needing someone to guide him so he could make an offering of remembrance as close to the site of his sister's death that was safe.  I might also do something with him finally have the closer that he needs.

As for if I'm going to be able to actually make it.  I put in this afternoon for trying to be off by 7:30 pm EST and be home on on the computer before 8 pm EST.  This still might not happen since it is kind of near the end of trying to get time off before the next week schedule comes in.

Ooh, this looks interesting! :0 I'd love to be a part of this...while Roroko is not a follower of Thaliak, she is more than eager to hear more lore of the Twelve and this would be pretty cool to experience.

If you've use for another guard she'd be happy to accompany those in need and keep them safe :D

lol glad to hear it, i'm always a tad concerned i talk to much when a when i get excited about something >////<

if ilwe's gathering some up at fallgourd again; i'll be more than happy to run that rout route with them. anything extra you meed need (mats for ilwe to craft with or donations of some starlight boots) let me know so i can help with those as well :3

Aww blushies. Will definitely take advantage of such generosity.

shuusussususu! O///^///O

glad to hear it, just tell me via momodi or tell when ya need me c:

I got the sweetest PM and linked to a FC weekly newsletter that mentioned the pilgrimage in it.

Thank you so much! :blush: Honestly the participation is what makes anything fun and exciting, so please some of the biggest help is to come and express character and RP!

Going to be touching base with everyone this week to smooth out details.

If anyone needs an IC reason to come:

- If you know Jancis she's been talking about it nearly every sun and singing to herself regarding it. Because Thaliak. Thaliak!!

- Scholars and the like have been asking about if they can go or not, booking rooms to travel and cancelling classes.

- Typical village and market-folk gossip.

*If you need pilgrimage-appropriate attire, we have people with outfits in theme ready to drown your character in fabric.

*Still plenty of time to ask for a ride to Revenant's Toll and other aetheryte's for teleport if you need. John was brave enough to make it on his own (so brave :cry: ) but others have extra room on their chocobo to give you a lift. :chocobo:

Last details are falling into place!

Very excited for Sunday. :lol:

Couple notes on the location where we'll end up. Thaliak's stone has a couple of the quest line shots there. Sometimes a level 45 mob will spawn if anyone decides to head up for that.

There are RP clothes available if your character needs help with that! Also there's help getting to the starting point and the venue.

Excited to see everyone who can attend.

[align=center]NW9kFzl.jpg[/align]