Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] List of Xaela Tribes - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] List of Xaela Tribes (/showthread.php?tid=12127)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Xaela Tribes Discussion - Valtiere - 06-18-2015

(06-18-2015, 05:22 PM)Knahli Wrote: I don't really think I understand the purpose of Mox members unless they actually meet in secret outside of occurrences where two tribes directly meet by coincidence.

(06-18-2015, 05:25 PM)shotgunbadger Wrote: Yea they left Moks way too vague I think, I get wanting open ended stuff but you kinda can't just leave it as 'they hide in other tribes' because man that could mean anything at all.

The Mok remind me of the Tribe from a book called Across the Nightingale Floor by Lian Hearn; a small group which consider itself apart from everyone else and whose members owe allegiance to their own whilst living amongst the other clans (mostly spying on, manipulating or working for them depending on circumstances and purpose). Its not completely the same thing since the Tribe are more mercenary than the Mok seem to be (their existence is acknowledged for one, and various powerful people enlist their services on purpose for another) but its the first thing my mind went to when I read the bit about the Moks.

The idea of them all scattered throughout the various tribes in secret and passing messages between one another for whatever purpose... Its all rather shady. I mean, I assume they're up to something otherwise they'd be open about it or form their own tribe? I just thought it sounded very similar.

This is giving me ideas... >.>

RE: Xaela Tribes Discussion - Qadan - 06-18-2015

(06-18-2015, 02:26 PM)Flickering Ember Wrote: There is a chance for inner drama here, presumably. Much of the tribe's identity and combat strategies lie in its natural born twins. Even though only one out of three births result in twins, the fact that two children are produced a time result in roughly 67% (math check?) of the tribe's population to be twins.

Wouldn't it just be half of the tribe is twins? Assuming the 1 out of 3 pregnancies average is reliable, then for instance it'd could be something like:

Birth 1: Single child.
Birth 2: Twins, two children.
Birth 3. Single child.

Four total children in the three birth cycle, two are twins.

RE: Xaela Tribes Discussion - Eva - 06-18-2015

My alt (who may well actually be my main) is a runaway from Dhoro tribe - and as such will not want to be identified with them and adopt a more hyuran-styled surname.

RE: Xaela Tribes Discussion - Zhavi - 06-18-2015

It sounds more to me like the Moks are less of a traditional tribe and more of a secret society type -- which given how some of the others operate I think SE is trying to keep the actual cultures/structures of the Xaela as open to interpretation as possible.

In which case, they don't need traditional gatherings and would work more like.... a clandestine cell system, with each tribe they are infiltrating containing a cell and overarching leadership being secreted away somewhere where they have control over whatever group they're in. Ya know?

RE: Xaela Tribes Discussion - K'nahli - 06-18-2015

Hmm... perhaps I should colour code names to differentiate between those who used to be part of a tribe and those who still are(exploration/migration etc).

I'll default with the former for now, anyone who is still actively RP'ing being part of a tribe please let me know!

(06-18-2015, 06:11 PM)Eva Wrote: My alt (who may well actually be my main) is a runaway from Dhoro tribe - and as such will not want to be identified with them and adopt a more hyuran-styled surname.

Does this still mean you wish to be added? ^^   Even if she doesn't wish to be affiliated, anyone else who may join the tribe might take interest in the fact that you are a runaway, should you ever cross paths.

RE: Xaela Tribes Discussion - Yahdo - 06-18-2015

(06-18-2015, 06:11 PM)Eva Wrote: My alt (who may well actually be my main) is a runaway from Dhoro tribe - and as such will not want to be identified with them and adopt a more hyuran-styled surname.

Vexlu Dhoro - "See's oddly familiar face." I know you!

RE: Xaela Tribes Discussion - K'nahli - 06-18-2015

I think I'll try and sleep for tonight so I won't be amending the OP any further I guess, but I'll likely be on the forums plenty before the servers go live and during the inevitable login congestion.

Thank you everyone for your contribution so far! Even if my participation with tribes will be limited(if existent at all), it makes me really happy to see so many people showing interest in adapting it in at least some form considering the awkward situation it presents us.

For those this applies to - should you not visit the forums before the moment of truth... good night, sleep well and have a great time with the expansion (^^/

RE: Xaela Tribes Discussion - Eva - 06-18-2015

It can be added.  Those are the character's roots (though he may deny it to the grave).  The paranoia is real.  It may be worth noting that the character will be fleeing his tribe with his sister (technically at his sister's behest) and the sister character is another RPer's alt (and probably won't see as much play time) but it is 2 characters, going by different names, who were originally a part of the Dhoro clan.

If any others from the Dhoro want to work out some sort of RP, I think it's fair to say that we're both open and amenable to the possibilities there.  Shoot me a PM or something maybe.  Their reason for being in Eorzea is to make a new start though, so other Dhoro members might not be so well-received at first.

EDIT:
Character Names:
bro: Rizumo Ridgestrider - (formerly: Batzorig Dhoro)
sis: Rika Ridgestrider - (formerly: Chabi Dhoro)

Footnote: Quite a lot of thought and planning has already gone into these two characters and their combined backstory and we've made some adjustments.  Amongst the Dhoro tribe it may be widely believed that Rizumo is a murderer of one of their own, and the siblings' sudden and hasty exit to Eorzea before any sort of trial only lends further credence to this notion.

RE: Xaela Tribes Discussion - Leanne - 06-18-2015

Reading this, seems like Himaa fits my alt perfectly, since I'm planning her to have a sister to dote a lot xD.

RE: Xaela Tribes Discussion - Kellach Woods - 06-18-2015

Welp, mine is either Angura (due to the dark red skin color I gave him), Adarkim/Jhungid/Kharlu (because they're the largest), Dotharl (because he's a boisterous bruiser so it'd make sense), Dataq ('cause he's a wanderer!) or Qestir (and he fucked off because he talked too much).

Probably gonna be Angura tho.

RE: Xaela Tribes Discussion - Seye Qhesu - 06-18-2015

(06-18-2015, 07:35 PM)Kellach Woods Wrote: Welp, mine is either Angura (due to the dark red skin color I gave him), Adarkim/Jhungid/Kharlu (because they're the largest), Dotharl (because he's a boisterous bruiser so it'd make sense), Dataq ('cause he's a wanderer!) or Qestir (and he fucked off because he talked too much).

Probably gonna be Angura tho.
Yay! I have a clan mate! (or sort of since Kaguya's story is a small group went out to forage and Garleans were like 'NOPE')

RE: Xaela Tribes Discussion - Meena - 06-18-2015

snipping

RE: Xaela Tribes Discussion - Cirina - 06-18-2015

Maybe its because I started reading from the bottom, but Qestir just stuck with me. Communicating with other people without words should be interesting. It instantly reminded me of one of my favorite quotes  "...for the heart communes best when it does not try to speak" and gave me surge of inspiration for my Xaela. Also, the temptation to make a Qestir LS/FC/community named "Silent Dusk" is just too much.

RE: Xaela Tribes Discussion - Blythe - 06-18-2015

I'm not exactly sure how mixed parentage would work within this since I would figure that tribes intermingle at a point.

Paternally, the Kha.
Maternally, the Arulaq.

For simplicity sake, I would put her down under the Arulaq (as she herself has been in Coerthas' mountain range secluded from other au ra).

Nalli Blythe, the name she gives to every one.
Naiman Kha-Arulaq 

(or Arulaq-Kha.... But I personally like it ending with a q)

EDIT: OKAY. That was a lot of extra code....

RE: Xaela Tribes Discussion - Kyrrae L'minia - 06-18-2015

Okey dokey OP here's another player made tribe for you. My character will be a member of the Qeyin tribe.

The Qeyin:

The central tenet of the Qeyin revolves around imitation of animals. This is reflected in always keeping on the move, living off the land, and only entering a confrontation if victory is assured. They believe it is the greatest honor to battle against a great predator one on one and slay it. Their love and imitation is also reflected in their shapeshifting and glamour magick that they use to either appear as, or turn into animals for a short time.

They traveled along the upper foothills of Othard's Northern mountains. They moved camp every two weeks or so, keeping their presence hidden through powerful glamours that their 'spell-weavers' would cast every time they made camp. The only interaction they had with other tribes were in guerrilla-style hit and run raids for supplies and food.  When they would come into proximity with another tribe, they would carefully scout it and deem whether it was significantly stronger, or weaker than their own. If the tribe was significantly weaker than them they would raid it, but if stronger, they would avoid all contact and conceal themselves. This isolationism has created an even more tightly knit social paradigm within the tribe.

The magick of their tribe was limited to powerful glamour and shapeshifting magick that they believe was handed down to them by the Dusk Mother herself. These spell-weavers were responsible for concealing the tribe's camp, and transforming tribe members into various animals which they referred to as 'spiritshifting'. Their uses of spiritshifting ranged from scouting to gathering to a certain few of their warriors who preferred to go into battle as powerful beasts. Spiritshifting into any intelligent race is forbidden as they believe it borrows a creature's soul.

They traveled to the land of Doma to assist them in their rebellion against the Empire at the behest of one of their own who had left the tribe to dwell there. When the Empire retaliated, they lost more than half of their tribe and now number around two score in number. They fled with the Doman refugees and now dwell in Revenant's Toll under the guise of Hyurs under Doman orders to keep a low profile. Weary of city life, they long to return to their traditional ways and are scouting for a way to cross the Ishgardian border and disappear into the wild Northlands.