Hydaelyn Role-Players
RP classes that don't exist in game! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: RP classes that don't exist in game! (/showthread.php?tid=7579)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: RP classes that don't exist in game! - Yangh - 07-06-2014

(07-06-2014, 07:48 PM)ArmachiA Wrote: It's funny but if it has all the status effects it would be OP, so just balance it for humor's sake >.>
If i HAD to choose some... Slow, Poison aaaaand... Paralyze I guess.

Still sounds OP...

Slow and Poison. Poison would slow you so it makes sense!

RE: RP classes that don't exist in game! - Kage - 07-06-2014

The bad breath could somehow debilitate the user too (I think that was something used in a previous FF).

(07-06-2014, 07:58 PM)ExKage Wrote: The bad breath could somehow debilitate the user too (I think that was something used in a previous FF).
That is a fantastic idea!

I like the idea of powerful spells having backlashes!

Not sure how'd I'd go about it though... thoughts?

Double post again! 

So in light of moving onto skills, i'll list the kinds i'd LIKE to have and see if the equivalent exists somewhere in Eorzea.

Metallic Body - This skill is basically a mana wall.
White wind - An AoE light heal
Bad breath (Nerfed) - Limited to Poison and slow. Has backlash to user. (This is obvious)
Other breath attacks - Fire, water, wind, earth, paralyze, stone, sleep.
Death scissor - Basically a magical attack that's physical. I'm thinking this could be learnt from the Cancer crab FATE.
1000 needles?

Please suggest some more! Thank you! ♥

RE: RP classes that don't exist in game! - Sounsyy - 07-06-2014

[Image: Corbis-BE004155.jpg?size=67&uid=6b2446f9...7d79a11ac4]

Sometimes I just can't help myself. =x

*shoves playfully* Oh yooouuu! ♥,..,♥

RE: RP classes that don't exist in game! - Pumpkinweed - 07-08-2014

Pumpkin-Alchemist anyone?

Think of it! The class would work like Beastmaster from FF XI. You'd have pumpkin minions fighting for you and you get to manage the fray of everything! Plus you get delightful pumpkin relic armour!

As a pumpkin-alchemist, your healing would come from one of the pumpkin minions who sprays you with pumpkin beer! The possibilities are endless... but the greatest thing about it would be the Limit:

Pumpkinheart

You summon a giant jack-o'-lantern that your character rides on! For a select period of time, you are given complete control of this minion.

It shoots fireballs from it's eyes which does decent damage and puts a DOT on your enemy.

Walking into an enemy will puncture them with a terrible poison from the Jack-o'-Lantern's tentacles.

It emits a malodorous stench much like a Malboro that causes various status effects....

And it's final action is that it explodes, spraying a large AOE blast of pumpkinseeds that hit for 9999 points of damage!

You can't get any better!

Tonberry 

RE: RP classes that don't exist in game! - LiadansWhisper - 07-08-2014

(07-08-2014, 12:02 AM)Pumpkinweed Wrote: Pumpkin-Alchemist anyone?

Think of it! The class would work like Beastmaster from FF XI. You'd have pumpkin minions fighting for you and you get to manage the fray of everything! Plus you get delightful pumpkin relic armour!

As a pumpkin-alchemist, your healing would come from one of the pumpkin minions who sprays you with pumpkin beer! The possibilities are endless... but the greatest thing about it would be the Limit:

Pumpkinheart

You summon a giant jack-o'-lantern that your character rides on! For a select period of time, you are given complete control of this minion.

It shoots fireballs from it's eyes which does decent damage and puts a DOT on your enemy.

Walking into an enemy will puncture them with a terrible poison from the Jack-o'-Lantern's tentacles.

It emits a malodorous stench much like a Malboro that causes various status effects....

And it's final action is that it explodes, spraying a large AOE blast of pumpkinseeds that hit for 9999 points of damage!

Tonberry 

*takes the pumpkins away from you*

I think you have an obsession.... >.>

RE: RP classes that don't exist in game! - Yangh - 07-08-2014

Pumpkinheart

Tonberry 
Humbly request that you invent a pumpkin based Blue Mage attack plz! Must have!!!

RE: RP classes that don't exist in game! - ArmachiA - 07-08-2014

(07-08-2014, 01:41 AM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:

Pumpkinheart

Tonberry 

*takes the pumpkins away from you*

I think you have an obsession.... >.>

[Image: 3vr1gw0.gif]

RE: RP classes that don't exist in game! - Mae - 07-08-2014

(07-06-2014, 07:46 PM)Yangh Wrote:
(07-06-2014, 07:34 PM)TheLastCandle Wrote:
(07-06-2014, 07:33 PM)ExKage Wrote: ... but I totally vote for Bad Breath. Some way. Some how. Yangh should use bad breath :p

... Two words: Garlean Garlic.
 Good lord! xD

I personally think Bad breath would be waaaaaaaaaay too OP... though mostly everyone else doesn't seem to think so... Hm!

I'd like some breath attacks, some basic heal and a bunch of buffs if i'm honest!

I love me some buffs!!!
Slightly Bad Breath was in XI. It came from an item, but... *shrugs*

RE: RP classes that don't exist in game! - Yangh - 07-08-2014

Slightly bad breath sounds like a good compromise!

As an update, RPing this concept has gone over SUPER well. Even had the blade lead her to her first skill. Took a party of 8 to the burning wall to defeat Aeetes and learn his Stoneskin ability!

So far so good, I'm just making very sure I don't push this concept too far... but with Hunts, FATES and dungeons? The sky is the limit for the amount of awesome RP that can come of it!

RE: RP classes that don't exist in game! - Cato - 07-09-2014

I don't see an issue with it, personally - provided it's done tastefully. I see most of the playable classes as a guideline rather than a solid rule, anyway - my character may be a dragoon but that doesn't mean he has access to all of that classes abilities IC - he's pretty much just a guy who wields a lance in battle.

RE: RP classes that don't exist in game! - Edgar - 07-09-2014

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Blue_Magic_(Final_Fantasy_V)

RE: RP classes that don't exist in game! - Yangh - 07-10-2014

(07-09-2014, 10:03 PM)Edgar Wrote: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Blue_Magic_(Final_Fantasy_V)
All the love to you Edgar. I was skimming through the Blue Mage spells in FF11 and there are just so many!!!

I have an event set motion currently to learn Bad Breath (A nerfed version, Slow, Poison and silence... but all removable with one Esuna / Leeches for balance) but I love the sound of Mighty Guard, White wind, Flash, Aero and Flare! Big Grin

Any Idea where I could find these on existing mobs? Or even a close equivalent? I plan on making a nice list in case anyone else wants to use the concept!