Hydaelyn Role-Players
Headline: Maiden Slayer of Ul'dah is slain! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Tonberry's Lantern (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Headline: Maiden Slayer of Ul'dah is slain! (/showthread.php?tid=10533)

Headline: Maiden Slayer of Ul'dah is slain! - Inessa Hara - 03-11-2015

((based off of This thing here.))

Around midday yesterday, a fight broke out over the Saphire Avenue Exchange. The fabled maiden assassin who has stalked many a women and killed them, was attacked by a Sultanswon initiate named Inessa Hara. They fought an intense battle high over the city street's until Inessa cut the thug down to size and sent him falling to his death in the street's below.

The thug in question was a Red Legion bandit from what official authorities say. The golden eagle insignia on the armor made that apparent.

That does raise questions though, how could a bandit thug make it past the eye's of the Brass Blades who patrol the city street's? Is the bandit problem worse than what we believe it to be?

For now though, the People who reside in Ul'dah tonight can rest easy knowing that the murderous scoundrel is gone.

Article: Inessa Hara, heroic assassin slayer or butcher?

During the attack in the city yesterday, it has come to light that the person who fought the assassin was none other than the Sultansworn initiate, Inessa Hara.

Known for her history as a detective in the private sector, she hung up her detective coat and traded it for a Sultansworn tabard and enlisted into the Sultansworn due to the rising Internal and external tensions within Ul'dah. As she says in her own words:

'Legion Bandits roam the Sagolii, gangs and thugs plague the streets of Ul'dah, murderers and criminal activity run rampant in the Thanalan and Ul'dah in general. I enlisted because I know I can do something about these problem's and I wont sit idly by while the city is threatened.'

Due to her recent involvement in preventing the assassination of a young woman in the market, locals have begun to revere her as a hero of sorts. Risking herself to protect others, but is this really the case?

Eye witness reports tell a tale that the fight between her and the assassin was a particularly bloody one. Blood splattered everywhere over the market and a severed limb along with deep cuts in the assailant's body.

While Inessa claims that she had to kill the bandit in self-defense, severing a limb from an opponent and making a mess of it does seem like a rather extreme way of defending oneself and others in the process.

So is Inessa a hero or a butcher who enjoys making a mess of her opponents? Who knows. . .

RE: Headline: Maiden Slayer of Ul'dah is slain! - Warren Castille - 03-11-2015

Warren looks between the paper in his hands and the pair of articles detailing the attack he intervened in the week previous.

"Strange. Feels like I've read this one before."

RE: Headline: Maiden Slayer of Ul'dah is slain! - SessionZero - 03-11-2015

Reilan paused briefly to read the paper that had been handed to him by the corner crier. As his eyes scanned the page, he slowly deadpanned, until finally he reached the end of the headline and crumpled the paper up.

"Kill one bandit and suddenly you're a hero worthy of reverence," he said dryly. "Meanwhile my countrymen keep the scalekin at bay and we are met with only derision. Hmph. By the Fury, I could dangle keys in front of these simple Ul'dahns and I'd be regarded as a paragon of bloody virtue." He tossed the crumpled paper behind him and hoisted his satchel over his shoulder, continuing out the great gates of the city.

RE: Headline: Maiden Slayer of Ul'dah is slain! - Coatleque - 03-11-2015

Coatleque slowly exhaled after having finished reading the article and brushed it off her desk to the waste bin. "The Golden Bazaar isn't even in the city. So much for journalistic integrity."

RE: Headline: Maiden Slayer of Ul'dah is slain! - Inessa Hara - 03-11-2015

((Oh derp. I dun goofed on mapping the places.))

Inessa sat on her bed in her office, reading the journal entry.

"Tch, this is what happens when inexpirienced journalists write the news. This obviously isnt Sapharo's work. She would not make such a weak mistake in her articles."

((However, little does anyone know i fixed that mistake so consider it an IC revision.))

RE: Headline: Maiden Slayer of Ul'dah is slain! - Cato - 03-11-2015

An expression of concern highlighted Graeham's features as his eyes passed over each word of the article in front of him. Once he was done, he crumpled up the scrap of paper and let out a soft sigh. "Ul'dah truly is a mess these days. I'm surprised so many tolerate the place."

RE: Headline: Maiden Slayer of Ul'dah is slain! - Berrod Armstrong - 03-11-2015

Berrod scowled deeply at the article and grunted. "Who?"
Caden Agron was nearby, tending to his armor in careful quiet. It was broken as he turned to look at the redhead. "Who what?"

Berrod waved the paper around, then flung it away. "Some fool of a journalist decided that a Sultansworn plebian was worth an article. What a waste of print."

RE: Headline: Maiden Slayer of Ul'dah is slain! - Oscare - 03-11-2015

Oscare grits his teeth.

"Damn you, Inessa." He grabs the flyer and crumbles it up in his hand aggressively. Hopefully no one saw that spontaneous bit of anger.

RE: Headline: Maiden Slayer of Ul'dah is slain! - ChewableMorphine - 03-15-2015

"Sure seems like the kit's getting her act together. I've bested her on numerous occasions... maybe it's some sensationalist bullshit the journalists are trying to whip up to scare the kiddies into shape. Maybe, just maybe." 

Not all too convinced, the marquis flipped along the pages for a more interesting article to scoff at.

RE: Headline: Maiden Slayer of Ul'dah is slain! - McBeefâ„¢ - 03-15-2015

Evangeline puts the paper down with a wistful sigh.

"Inessa really is cute when she tries hard."

RE: Headline: Maiden Slayer of Ul'dah is slain! - Boo the Hamster - 03-16-2015

Enju looked along the scroll as he read the name.  He gave off a soft sigh with a huff.

"Another sun, another being who deserves none of the praise given.  What a waste of time."

He tossed the paper in the fire, shaking his head.