Hydaelyn Role-Players
Greetings one and all! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Greetings one and all! (/showthread.php?tid=11061)

Greetings one and all! - Rhyski - 04-11-2015

Greetings!

I'm a new guy (obviously) to the FFXIV community and to the roleplay of FFXIV itself, currently under the handle of E'kayan Tiahn on the Balmung server.

There's a few little things about myself;

- I've been a roleplayer for several years, starting from Vanilla WoW and making my way through such RP experiences on WoW, GW2, SWTOR, ESO and Wildstar (with a touch of LOTRO).
- I'm on the EU side of things (Problematic in some cases) but I'm a very night owl orientated person, so it seems I might be fine when it comes to the time issues.
- I like to describe myself as a quirky and friendly individual, even if I am a Brit. Angel

I'm just making contact seeing as I'm actually a complete newb to the game of FFXIV and was hoping to make myself known and get to know a few people. It does feel awfully lonely not being in a linkshell to talk to people, after all!

Hope to see you around in Eorzea and thanks for reading! Big Grin

RE: Greetings one and all! - Aris - 04-11-2015

Welcome! Nice to see a fellow Brit here Big Grin

RE: Greetings one and all! - Maril - 04-11-2015

Welcome! 

Take a look at the European Directory, a good place to find some people in our timezone here on Balmung Smile I am a nightowl too, but there's quite something about starting RP at 8pm and continuing for the better part of ten hours Big Grin

RE: Greetings one and all! - Rosamund - 04-11-2015

Yay, another Brit! Hello and welcome! Big Grin

RE: Greetings one and all! - Magellan - 04-11-2015

Hit up my new character Lunah Relanah! I'm busy lvling her so will be on her quite a bit this weekend. Always looking to make new ic and ooc friends Smile (though she's not quite rp ready yet)

RE: Greetings one and all! - Rhyski - 04-11-2015

Cheers for the posts of confidence! I'll be checking out a Linkshell or two now and adding you Lunah! Smile

RE: Greetings one and all! - Nebbs - 04-11-2015

Welcome

Fellow Brit - check  (though not a Yorkshireman I bet?)
List of MMORPGs - check (a good set of standard ones there)
RPer already - great!

New to FFXIV - well there is lore, but it's kind of .. yea.. kind of. Don't worry you will soon pick that up and there is plenty of scope for RP ideas to fit

Tome wise there are some EU based Linkshells and Free Companies, and as a night owl you will probably be able to make a lot of the events that kind of start late evening. Though.. there is a some running EU time zone events.

I find mornings to reset time are good for playing the game with some casual RP, then evenings you can get some good RP grove going.

Take it easy, go to events and before you know it you will be "one of us"

RE: Greetings one and all! - Faye - 04-12-2015

Hello there, welcome! It's good to have you here!