Hydaelyn Role-Players
Roast A Person Above You! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Roast A Person Above You! (/showthread.php?tid=11621)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Roast A Person Above You! - Gegenji - 05-19-2015

(05-19-2015, 02:53 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote:
(05-19-2015, 02:50 PM)Gegenji Wrote:
(05-19-2015, 02:46 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote: As if Evangeline would settle for destroying one city.

Oh, right, of course. Why fail at causing change in one city when you can fail at causing change in all of them? You must be looking forward to Heavensward. Eva gets to return to her very first failure. It'll be just like a high school reunion - with just as much posturing and overbearing sense of worthlessness.

Fortunately Gegenji doesn't have to travel back to his failures, they follow him with every step. Must be convenient.

Of course. You can't progress without learning from your mistakes, and there's no point in revisiting and repeating them.

Then again, Eva wouldn't understand that part of the equation. She'll return home, see the failure, and just keep on keepin' on, continuing to add more and more failures to her laundry list, never realizing what she's doing wrong. She'll be like one of those cat-hoarder ladies... except instead of hundreds of cats, it's hundreds of failed "revolutions", failed relationships, and failed attempts to make any sort of difference at all.

Kinda like Alphinaud with infinitely less impact on the world and without the actual "growing up" arc.

RE: Roast A Person Above You! - Aaron - 05-19-2015

(05-19-2015, 02:58 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote:
(05-19-2015, 02:42 PM)Aaron Wrote:
(05-19-2015, 02:22 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote:
(05-19-2015, 02:17 PM)Aaron Wrote:
(05-19-2015, 02:13 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote: Because Aaron's sister was otherwise occupied.
Least we know she gets more play than Evangeline!

True, she's like tic tac toe. Played by all, and really easy.

Evangeline is like that weird boxed board game in the back of the closet, with a title in german.
Its OK to hate on how much attention Aarons sister gets when Eva has the lost city of climax down her pants.

More of a undiscovered cave.

Lost city implies it was inhabited at some point.

I'm sure Aaron has a lot of similar experience with his undiscovered tower.
You stoop so low you have to try and modify my joke and shoot it back at me?

That's low, even lower than Eva's sex appeal. And that's saying something.

RE: Roast A Person Above You! - McBeefâ„¢ - 05-19-2015

(05-19-2015, 03:02 PM)Gegenji Wrote:
(05-19-2015, 02:53 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote: Fortunately Gegenji doesn't have to travel back to his failures, they follow him with every step. Must be convenient.

Of course. You can't progress without learning from your mistakes, and there's no point in revisiting and repeating them.

Then again, Eva wouldn't understand that part of the equation. She'll return home, see the failure, and just keep on keepin' on, continuing to add more and more failures to her laundry list, never realizing what she's doing wrong. She'll be like one of those cat-hoarder ladies... except instead of hundreds of cats, it's hundreds of failed "revolutions", failed relationships, and failed attempts to make any sort of difference at all.

Kinda like Alphinaud with infinitely less impact on the world and without the actual "growing up" arc.

Well of course, but she can take solace in the effort.

It's like they always say:
"Tis better to have tried and failed, then to be a popoto."

Also Aaron, that's an impressive come back. I wasn't even aware your character could speak of things other than sadness and angst.

RE: Roast A Person Above You! - Gegenji - 05-19-2015

(05-19-2015, 03:11 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote: It's like they always say:

You shouldn't try to pass Mad Libs as sage words of wisdom, Eva. Even if they're right at your intelligence level. Props for not using "fart" as the noun, though. Gold star.

RE: Roast A Person Above You! - Aaron - 05-19-2015

(05-19-2015, 03:11 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote:
(05-19-2015, 02:53 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote: Fortunately Gegenji doesn't have to travel back to his failures, they follow him with every step. Must be convenient.

Also Aaron, that's an impressive come back. I wasn't even aware your character could speak of things other than sadness and angst.
Aaron ain't all sadness and angst baby girl <3

You down for some Linkin Park later with me?

RE: Roast A Person Above You! - Bryn - 05-19-2015

(05-19-2015, 02:06 PM)Dogberry Wrote:
(05-19-2015, 02:01 PM)Bryn Wrote:
(05-19-2015, 01:49 PM)Dogberry Wrote:
(05-19-2015, 01:39 PM)Gegenji Wrote:
(05-19-2015, 01:38 PM)Dogberry Wrote: Yeah, after Dhemgeim there's really no point, but I've made a few solid ground rules now: No wild animals or Coralites.

Please don't give people more reasons to try and join Coral, Dog, we're full up as it is.

I know, The Coral Sea is one of the fastest growing FCs and full of fun loving, kind people. I'm sure some day those qualities will rub off on you.

I really don't think chachan's going to be growing any time soon, Dog. Even if he does want to meet your standards to ride.

Nonsense, all it takes is a little fertilizer and some regular watering!

And ah, Bryn, my dearest, my autumn flower, ma belle peche. If only I had both eyes to behold you. At least then I wouldn't have to feign having a blind spot for the sake of fairness when we spar.

Ah yes, 'sparring'. That thing where Bryn lets Dog win for fear of emasculating him again. 'Her man always wins', indeed; because she's learned to let him win lest he get upset.

Dog, you are my myna, my liebe. I am the Mr Hands to your Hengst.

And by that I mean that you're a massive pain in the arse.

And no, not like that. There may be one backdoor Barbara in this relationship, and we both know it's not Bryn.

RE: Roast A Person Above You! - Dogberry - 05-19-2015

(05-19-2015, 04:11 PM)Bryn Wrote:
(05-19-2015, 01:49 PM)Dogberry Wrote:
(05-19-2015, 01:39 PM)Gegenji Wrote: Please don't give people more reasons to try and join Coral, Dog, we're full up as it is.

I know, The Coral Sea is one of the fastest growing FCs and full of fun loving, kind people. I'm sure some day those qualities will rub off on you.

I really don't think chachan's going to be growing any time soon, Dog. Even if he does want to meet your standards to ride.

And ah, Bryn, my dearest, my autumn flower, ma belle peche. If only I had both eyes to behold you. At least then I wouldn't have to feign having a blind spot for the sake of fairness when we spar.

Ah yes, 'sparring'. That thing where Bryn lets Dog win for fear of emasculating him again. 'Her man always wins', indeed; because she's learned to let him win lest he get upset.

And no, not like that. There may be one backdoor Barbara in this relationship, and we both know it's not Bryn.

Your claim of letting me win may just hold water. Enough water for you to freak out and flail around in like you're drowning when you fall into it, which we both know isn't much.

(05-19-2015, 04:15 PM)Dogberry Wrote:
(05-19-2015, 01:49 PM)Dogberry Wrote: I know, The Coral Sea is one of the fastest growing FCs and full of fun loving, kind people. I'm sure some day those qualities will rub off on you.

Your claim of letting me win may just hold water. Enough water for you to freak out and flail around in like you're drowning when you fall into it, which we both know isn't much.

Bryn got a new fabric softener for her bedsheets today. It's cheap whorehouse ale scented.

So Dog can feel right at home when he's biting that pillow.

(05-19-2015, 04:18 PM)Bryn Wrote:
(05-19-2015, 02:01 PM)Bryn Wrote: I really don't think chachan's going to be growing any time soon, Dog. Even if he does want to meet your standards to ride.

Bryn got a new fabric softener for her bedsheets today. It's cheap whorehouse ale scented.

I'll have you know, I've never traded with prostitutes. It's too expensive, especially when I can always charm aging Ala Mhigan nobles looking for man candy to help them feel young again.

(05-19-2015, 04:19 PM)Dogberry Wrote:
(05-19-2015, 02:06 PM)Dogberry Wrote: Nonsense, all it takes is a little fertilizer and some regular watering!

I'll have you know, I've never traded with prostitutes. It's too expensive, especially when I can always charm aging Ala Mhigan nobles looking for man candy to help them feel young again.

It's funny that you were talking about roasts earlier, Dog. Do you like pork?

Because Bryn's going to make you squeal like a pig.

It's a shame SE didn't make banjos a housing item, because that cello in Bryn's room would be right out.

(05-19-2015, 04:25 PM)Bryn Wrote:
(05-19-2015, 04:11 PM)Bryn Wrote: Ah yes, 'sparring'. That thing where Bryn lets Dog win for fear of emasculating him again. 'Her man always wins', indeed; because she's learned to let him win lest he get upset.

It's a shame SE didn't make banjos a housing item, because that cello in Bryn's room would be right out.

I do like pork. In fact, I've always wanted to be a farmer, and plant my seed somewhere fertile for a change.

RE: Roast A Person Above You! - Vali - 05-19-2015

Dogberry has a Seed to plant? You'd never know with his legs being gone and all

(05-19-2015, 04:35 PM)Valirelia Ferox Wrote: Dogberry has a Seed to plant? You'd never know with his legs being gone and all

Vali, you wouldn't know, mostly because I don't pick up scraps from Vash's plate.

(05-19-2015, 04:31 PM)Dogberry Wrote:
(05-19-2015, 04:25 PM)Bryn Wrote:
(05-19-2015, 04:15 PM)Dogberry Wrote: Your claim of letting me win may just hold water. Enough water for you to freak out and flail around in like you're drowning when you fall into it, which we both know isn't much.

I do like pork. In fact, I've always wanted to be a farmer, and plant my seed somewhere fertile for a change.

I don't know, Dog. You and your secret bf Vash can try your best, but nature may not co-operate.

RE: Roast A Person Above You! - McBeefâ„¢ - 05-19-2015

(05-19-2015, 03:19 PM)Aaron Wrote:
(05-19-2015, 03:11 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote:

Aaron ain't all sadness and angst baby girl <3

You down for some Linkin Park later with me?

Sorry Aaron, I don't want to go crawling in your skin.

I think I might get herpes from it.