Hydaelyn Role-Players
What do you do irl? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: What do you do irl? (/showthread.php?tid=12080)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: What do you do irl? - Jonexe - 09-11-2015

(09-11-2015, 05:53 PM)Seriphyn Wrote:
(06-15-2015, 06:07 PM)Jonexe Wrote: Atmospheric research for the USAF; particularly in the area of international nuclear treaty monitoring.

Well, hello there, 9S100!

Holy shit someone whose heard of us. Most of the people I work with don't even know my RI.

RE: What do you do irl? - Eliane Dufresne - 09-11-2015

Just a measly student here.

...buuuut before that I worked at a wolfdog sanctuary, and before THAT I was a printmaker. How's that for a random resume? Tongue

RE: What do you do irl? - Roe Dad - 09-14-2015

Im an accountant for a gas station chain in the Midwest.

RE: What do you do irl? - SaintEaon - 09-14-2015

Its a little weird. I work for my family and we run an electrical estimation consulting company. Basically for a lot of new construction companies or companies that can't quiet afford proper staffing like Electrical Estimators who need estimation done send us blueprints and we tell them what our hourly rate is, how long it'll take to do the job, estimate the job and send our estimations back to them in such away that they can redo the work and make it look like it came out of their office. 

In particular I manage counts, counting light fixtures, counting receptacles, counting security cameras, and fire alarms all that electrical stuff. I also do printing of blue plans and run errands for the shop, which is why I tend to be on here CONSTANTLY Mon-Fri because a grasshopper could do a lot of my work and if I don't multi-task or do something to break up the monotony I'll go insane and the work day never ends.

RE: What do you do irl? - Khunbish Avagnar - 09-15-2015

Eh...my employment currently consists of call center work, nothing fancy or glamours, but it's medical insurance related. It pays the bills, and if someone says no or not interested I just end it there since it's not actually a sales driven job it's basically "Hey, my application isn't working, FIX IT NOW BECAUSE I NEED INSURANCE AND I WAITED UNTIL AFTER THE LAST MINUTE!"

RE: What do you do irl? - Vyce - 09-15-2015

Since I'm new here I'll share.

I'm part of the property management staff of a luxury residence here in DC.

RE: What do you do irl? - Kaiz - 09-15-2015

I'm the supervisor cook at a university cafe. In my spare time that I'm not playing games, I'm making them!

RE: What do you do irl? - Heidrek - 09-16-2015

I work Security, currently assigned to an advanced cancer research lab. It's simultaneously the best and worst position I've ever had.

RE: What do you do irl? - Aldotsk - 09-16-2015

I am a grad student for acupuncture program.

RE: What do you do irl? - SicketySix - 09-18-2015

I do vehicle wraps and such.

Some redneck kids wants his jacked up Ford Ranger to be a solid Realtree camo wrap, that's where I came in.

RE: What do you do irl? - Caspar - 09-20-2015

Complain that nobody seems to know how to properly fill out a check or deposit slip these days.

RE: What do you do irl? - rainichan - 09-20-2015

I was a customer service desk assistant manager/department head at a grocery store. Did that for 13 years. Hopefully going to get into office work now (interview for that tomorrow!)

RE: What do you do irl? - EkheiBalduin - 09-21-2015

I load and maintain the weapons systems of the F-22 Raptor in the USAF.